• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Just my thoughts on what the customizable options should be:

B: Guns: One short range, one mid range, and one long range. They aim like in the game.
  • Mega Burst Gun: Long lasting rounds for trapping.
  • Gatling Gun: High fire rate for screen control.
  • Dragon Gun: Good homing for pressure.
Side B: Bombs: can move the cursor up, down, left, and right. He can hurt himself.
  • Standard Bomb: medium speed, average arc, medium damage.
  • Submarine Bomb: slow, no arc, big damage.
  • Tomahawk Bomb: quick, high arc, comparatively less damage.
Down B: Pods: used for trapping and screen control and in the rare case recovery, Samus and Link style. He can hurt himself with them.
  • Spider Pod: homes in on nearby opponents on ground only. Three charges.
  • Satellite Pod: homes in on nearby opponents in the air only. Three charges.
  • Acrobat Pod: Simply for easy recovery in exchange for no screen control. One charge.
Up B: Air Dashes/Legs: depending on the leg you choose, your air dash Up B will be different. Gets 2 air dashes under normal circumstances.
  • Long Thrust: Longer air dashes.
  • Quick Thrust: Quicker air dashes.
  • Plus One Legs: gets an extra, normal air dash.
As for why Charges aren't a special, I'd make the normal Ray charge a forward smash, an anti air charge the up smash, and an in-place charge for down smash. They'd maybe have invincibility frames like in the games, but that might be OP.
This might be going in the update for this thread, well done.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This might be going in the update for this thread, well done.
Oh, right! S1LV3RH00D, I forgot to ask you, would mind using my post from page 3 (The post that basically "chronicles" the "history" of Ray throughout Custom Robo's releases, in other words, all of his appearances in the Custom Robo games.) and add it to the new OP, please?

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Oh, right! S1LV3RH00D, I forgot to ask you, would mind using my post from page 3 (The post that basically "chronicles" the "history" of Ray throughout Custom Robo's releases, in other words, all of his appearances in the Custom Robo games.) and add it to the new OP, please?
Surely! Please give me a day or two, a lot of things are going on behind the scenes right now. I'm overloaded at the moment, but don't worry, I always deliver. Thanks for the heads up!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Sure, why the hell not.

Also, I support the **** out of this. Custom Robo is one of Nintendo's hidden gems, plus it has lots of customization. Perfect for Smash 4.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
by the way hows that petition going?
Great! We have 40 supporters and the video isn't even up yet. :p
Plus, I have a few sites going to promote it. Thanks for asking!

For the custom robo video he's making. I would totally like to see a teaser trailer!
Sure, why the hell not.

Also, I support the **** out of this. Custom Robo is one of Nintendo's hidden gems, plus it has lots of customization. Perfect for Smash 4.
Lets see this teaser.
EDIT: Please check the petition page for the updated version!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Great! We have 40 supporters and the video isn't even up yet. :p
Plus, I have a few sites going to promote it. Thanks for asking!
A good start here's hoping we do get to see a revival of the series

It is slightly annoying that first one released here was also last to be released

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Custom Robo is very underated series in Nintendo Library but man, I will hype is this guy is show. FIRST is a robot toy and very small(not like Olimar though...kinda) and just put him big as Mario or less. SECOND is genderless, WE need a genderless character in Smash. THIRD is moveset can bring lot of potencial. He can be exactly like Megaman, ranged Fighter and use many diferent weapons power. Ranged Fighter are underrated.

FOURTH. Is entrance would be a cube and transform to Ray. He ia a trophy since the melee days and Brawl was even a secret AT. Are chance are low but man.

I play the games and was very awsome. RAY III FTW.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Just wanted to update everyone, I have a lot of great footage and imagery for the video.
Everything is looking really nice so far, and is coming together fast.
I hope that all of you have enough faith in me, this is taking a lot.
I'm sacrificing my time, sleep, and sanity to make this perfect.
So basically, I hope this video is something we can be proud of. :colorful:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Custom Robo is very underated series in Nintendo Library but man, I will hype is this guy is show. FIRST is a robot toy and very small(not like Olimar though...kinda) and just put him big as Mario or less. SECOND is genderless, WE need a genderless character in Smash.
Ray is genderless? He looks pretty masculine to me, it's almost like saying Megaman is genderless. While technicly true that they are both genderless due to being robots, it's just they look too much like a male in some power armor. *shrug*
As for genderless characters in Smash, we have R.O.B. and G&W. Unless you want more than those 2 (and megaman) when it comes to generless characters.

On a side note I agree with the other stuff you said.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ray is genderless? He looks pretty masculine to me, it's almost like saying Megaman is genderless. While technicly true that they are both genderless due to being robots, it's just they look too much like a male in some power armor. *shrug*
As for genderless characters in Smash, we have R.O.B. and G&W. Unless you want more than those 2 (and megaman) when it comes to generless characters.

On a side note I agree with the other stuff you said.
well he is called ray

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I would assume Ray is more masculine, while robos like the Milky Way series are more feminine. Some of the Robo's could go either way, but as fogbadge (is this a pokemon reference?) said, G&W, Megaman, and Rob all have features that make them look male, despite the fact we don't know for sure. Birdo is a prime example. (It's a dude!)

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I would assume Ray is more masculine, while robos like the Milky Way series are more feminine. Some of the Robo's could go either way, but as fogbadge (is this a pokemon reference?) said, G&W, Megaman, and Rob all have features that make them look male, despite the fact we don't know for sure. Birdo is a prime example. (It's a dude!)
I'm not sure if Birdo is a good example either, since he's a male that looks like a girl (or as some people say, a trap) is one of his major traits (other is just being a dinosuar with a nose,mouth, eggspitting thing....). It's quite often that people that don't know that he's a male to think he's a female. Nintendo doesn't really seem to have any "important" genderless characters that actually look genderless. I'm extremely exhausted right now, so I'll look for a true genderless character later..... If anyone (including myself) even cares about it. :bubblebobble:

Sorry to double post, but here's the HD Teaser I quickly made the other day as a placeholder:
http://www.change.org/petitions/operation-robo-rebirth-petition-for-a-new-custom-robo

Now we have 11 days until the official video drops.
I always did love that intro.:bubblebobble:

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Wait, isn't G&W technically called MR Game and Watch? That makes HIM a GUY.

But I digress, Ray is a Male to me. We have the Stunning Beauties and Little Sprinters, which are all obviously feminine and meant to look as such, just like Ray.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I've heard a few boy and girl rays from where I'm from. Funny how that works isn't it? Depends on where you live I suppose. :bubblebobble:
Raymond on the other hand, I've only heard for boys.
Thats because everybody loves RAYmond

BTW, Ray is a Male name in most cultures while Rea is female. Both pronounced the same though.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Wait, isn't G&W technically called MR Game and Watch? That makes HIM a GUY.

But I digress, Ray is a Male to me. We have the Stunning Beauties and Little Sprinters, which are all obviously feminine and meant to look as such, just like Ray.
Oh gosh. I feel dumb about Mr game and watch. I always just call him Game and Watch so I never thing of the Mr part. I blame lack of sleep on that one. :bubblebobble:

Thats because everybody loves RAYmond

BTW, Ray is a Male name in most cultures while Rea is female. Both pronounced the same though.
Ah, that must be why I've heard both then. Though, this is the first time I've seen Rea written anywhere (but I have seen someone named Rhea in some anime I forgot about)
Why must names be so confusing.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Silver hood, I honestly believe you should get the Custom Robo campaign going and not give up on it.

If it worked for Project rainfall, it should be the same for rooting for a revival as well. It is honestly a complete disgrace for them to neglect a series like this, especially since Nintendo themselves could market and make potentially as much sales as Pokemon games with this series.

What's more sad is that the producer and people at noise knows of our voices; but it's not like they can do anything about it. Since Nintendo probably turned down their pitch for a potential CR game.

Here's to hoping something happens at least

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Silver hood, I honestly believe you should get the Custom Robo campaign going and not give up on it.

If it worked for Project rainfall, it should be the same for rooting for a revival as well. It is honestly a complete disgrace for them to neglect a series like this, especially since Nintendo themselves could market and make potentially as much sales as Pokemon games with this series.

What's more sad is that the producer and people at noise knows of our voices; but it's not like they can do anything about it. Since Nintendo probably turned down their pitch for a potential CR game.

Here's to hoping something happens at least
I will keep it going, it's only going to get stronger in the coming weeks. I have some tricks up my sleeves. (and internet connections!) I will be discussing in the video what happened to the series and what would happen with sales if it was revived. I will also make a follow up video on what my vision of a good custom robo game would be. I will do everything in my power to bring back my favorite video game, and this is only the beginning.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There is a Ray support thread? How did I not know about this? He is one of my most requested characters. I think he might be one of the characters with options for completely different specials like Palutena if he (it?) makes it in.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I will keep it going, it's only going to get stronger in the coming weeks. I have some tricks up my sleeves. (and internet connections!) I will be discussing in the video what happened to the series and what would happen with sales if it was revived. I will also make a follow up video on what my vision of a good custom robo game would be. I will do everything in my power to bring back my favorite video game, and this is only the beginning.
You get some brownie points from me man. It's rare for me to see people taking matters into their own hands to get something done, especially when it comes to supporting characters. I know I'm not someone that could do such things. Good luck and stuff. :bubblebobble:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
There is a Ray support thread? How did I not know about this? He is one of my most requested characters. I think he might be one of the characters with options for completely different specials like Palutena if he (it?) makes it in.
Welcome! I dig the Rahu avatar you're rockin' at the moment. Please enjoy your stay!

You get some brownie points from me man. It's rare for me to see people taking matters into their own hands to get something done, especially when it comes to supporting characters. I know I'm not someone that could do such things. Good luck and stuff. :bubblebobble:
Thank you, your kind wishes are appreciated! I will have an update on monday to detail specifically to all you guys what is going on with the project. Everyday it is evolving more and more, and I can honestly say i'm proud to be able to do this.

:colorful: Monday shall be the first group meeting, so everybody be sure to be here! :colorful:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Welcome! I dig the Rahu avatar you're rockin' at the moment. Please enjoy your stay!

Thank you, your kind wishes are appreciated! I will have an update on monday to detail specifically to all you guys what is going on with the project. Everyday it is evolving more and more, and I can honestly say i'm proud to be able to do this.

:colorful: Monday shall be the first group meeting, so everybody be sure to be here! :colorful:
Wow! Someone recognizes my Avatar! I suppose this is the Ray thread. Also, what is this custom robo project I hear of? Because I would definately support really anything custom robo related.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Wow! Someone recognizes my Avatar! I suppose this is the Ray thread. Also, what is this custom robo project I hear of? Because I would definately support really anything custom robo related.
@ gameb0ybryan gameb0ybryan has a petition going to revive the custom robo franchise. It's still in its opening phases, but it's soon about to enter full swing. He has a link to sign it in his signature.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I'm the number 1 custom robo fan you will ever meet, the gamecube title easily being my favorite. The project refers to the petition i'm about to launch, located here. There is an extensive video being made for it, and some important announcements coming on monday around 4 ET/1 PT until 6 ET/3 PT.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm the number 1 custom robo fan you will ever meet, the gamecube title easily being my favorite. The project refers to the petition i'm about to launch, located here. There is an extensive video being made for it, and some important announcements coming on monday around 4 ET/1 PT until 6 ET/3 PT.
That sounds like how I would describe myself. Good to meet you!I will stay tuned for the announcements and sign the petition when it launches. I would love a custom robo wiiu game with online multiplayer!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Megaman V.S. Ray III
^I Call it SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS!
To me any Ray is ok. MY favorite is RAY III but as long Ray is in Smash. I'm happy about.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I'm going to give the update in a little bit on this post, I had no internet at my house today due to internet provider problems, so i'm going to update you from my college campus.

Top Bottom