• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Leak Deconfirmed

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

After the coverage of the leak on Smashboards yesterday, as well as the general uproar of discussion the Rayman leak has been deconfirmed in a video created by the maker of the leak explaining the entire process behind his work. Artsy Omni has been involved in previous fake leaks as well including the "Klonoa Leak", the Bomberman Leak from Brawl, and others. Some of his previous fakes can also been seen on his Deviant Art page.

He has apologized on Twitter saying, "So I just want to officially say I'm really sorry for dashing people's hopes. I didn't see all of this coming. o_o" However, this may not be the end of us seeing things Smashified:

He also said on Twitter that he did not create the picture of the 3DS screen involved in the leak, so there is a still unknown artist out there with some potential to create another decent fake. The timing being during a week that Rayman games were on sale in the e-shop was also incredible as well, and it is unsure whether this was planned or not.

Despite the leak being fake it cannot be denied it was a job well done and fooled many people. However, this mystery is not yet solved as there is one more piece to the puzzle. According to Screw Attack, "A representative from Ubisoft said the company is looking into the situation and will make a statement on Tuesday." So with a statement still on the way, there is the slight possibility this leak may have come at the most opportune time when real news was coming. The only way to find out is to strap on our seat belts and enjoy the ride!

SmashCapps gives major props to the artist for this impressive leak. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter to keep up with any other interesting Tweets the artist puts up throughout the coming days.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
EL OH EL
This guy bopped the Smash community, along with most of the Smash fans single-handedly

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Impressive.

Maybe this will turn out like that well-made Palutena Leak.

CpC9YOh.jpg

Last edited:

Hi_C

Smash Rookie
Lol so many salty people xD I'll be the first to admit that he got me good as hell. Props to this guy. I wonder what Ubisoft is planning on releasing on Tuesday though? Inb4 it is actually Rayman DLC and they are wondering how the **** he knew.

TheCrusaderp

Smash Rookie
Instead of getting mad at him, can we just appreciate the amazing talent he has? This leak was so well done and believable!

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up. Ubisoft commenting seems suspicious, though…

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
So this just begs the question. If he was not the creator of the 3DS picture of Rayman. Who was the creator of that one?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
if rayman is announced on tuesday despite this leak LOL i just dont know what I will do...greatest troll ever

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
So this just begs the question. If he was not the creator of the 3DS picture of Rayman. Who was the creator of that one?
It doesn't matter now, it's now debunked. Someone just took Mewtwo and Rayman and pasted them on the 3ds css.

Niala

Smash Ace
Quoting myself from the other thread:

To those wondering about the statement from Ubisoft:

Let's say you're working at Ubisoft and somebody shows you leaked footage of Rayman in Smash Bros. "That's odd," you think to yourself, "I don't recall giving Nintendo permission to use him as a playable character."

So you tell the media you'll update them on Tuesday once you've contacted Nintendo to inquire as to what's going on with Rayman. Once that's sorted out, you can inform the public on whether or not Ubisoft is suing Nintendo.

Or the leak is just an INCREDIBLY TIMELY reveal for Rayman DLC. But I prefer to think the former is true.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Paid by Ubisoft on the DL to start the hype train for Rayman DLC

Top Bottom