• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's just as bad with Roy. I supported him until the end, and I've been through hell.
I personally know how you must feel. As much as I don't care much for Smash as I used to, seeing all the crap me Roy boy was getting, I was really happy when he finally returned. And I will always love his trailer moment with Roy Koopa as well.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I personally know how you must feel. As much as I don't care much for Smash as I used to, seeing all the crap me Roy boy was getting, I was really happy when he finally returned. And I will always love his trailer moment with Roy Koopa as well.
Roy's one of my favorite Smash characters, and one of my favorite video game characters overall. He was my 2nd favorite in Melee, and I've wanted him to come back ever since he was cut from Brawl. When he finally did, the moment he hit Roy Koopa felt like pure justice after all we've had to go through.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I feel bad for the Ridley fans. They really have it rough.
Well, as a former Ridley supporter (I am still a fan of the character, but not as much as before), I'm glad that deconfirmation happened, it made me realize that worriying TOO MUCH about a character's "fate" into a game is a waste of time, and I tried to still being there with the fans, but their rantings, complainings and scale arguments really got me tired to the point I couldn't tolarate it anymore. Then I came to the Rayman thread and everything was way more tranquil in comparison to them, even if the announcement of the Ballot caused a riot in both sides. And after a while of enjoying this place and the people that I met, this happened:
D8O7Z9N.gif

Literally.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Roy's one of my favorite Smash characters, and one of my favorite video game characters overall. He was my 2nd favorite in Melee, and I've wanted him to come back ever since he was cut from Brawl. When he finally did, the moment he hit Roy Koopa felt like pure justice after all we've had to go through.
This. And I thank you for that, exactly how I felt as well. And I don't even hate Roy Koopa and all (Although I prefer Ludwig Von Koopa more" I was just glad all that trolling could end for the spite.

Well, as a former Ridley supporter (I am still a fan of the character, but not as much as before), I'm glad that deconfirmation happened, it made me realize that worriying TOO MUCH about a character's "fate" into a game is a waste of time, and I tried to still being there with the fans, but their rantings, complainings and scale arguments really got me tired to the point I couldn't tolarate it anymore. Then I came to the Rayman thread and everything was way more tranquil in comparison to them, even if the announcement of the Ballot caused a riot in both sides. And after a while of enjoying this place and the people that I met, this happened:
View attachment 64628
Literally.
And of course, that's how things have felt for me.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Even though I wasn't much of a supporter of Roy I secretly wanted those detractors to be proven wrong same goes for King K. Rool and Inkling just want to prove that Mii costumes mean nothing we still have till October were almost in August.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Even though I wasn't much of a supporter of Roy I secretly wanted those detractors to be proven wrong same goes for King K. Rool and Inkling just want to prove that Mii costumes mean nothing we still have till October were almost in August.
You guys remember this Pic of The Day back in August of last year?

I think they could still be messing with us once again. You know how Sakurai is.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You guys remember this Pic of The Day back in August of last year?

I think they could still be messing with us once again. You know how Sakurai is.
As I just mentioned, I think this could be a possibility, since from what I heard, his name wasn't dropped, like how the other Newcomer characters where before their reveal. So we should just wait and see.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Excuse the DP, but if there's one thing that I had on my mind (and to get back on Rayman);

If KKR, whether playable or not, has gotten his Classic design selected as representation over his modern design... would Rayman get that same treatment, possibly get his R3 design?... I don't have high hopes for that, but if that were to happen...

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I don't see that happening.
If he got i it'd be either the Origins/Legends design or the R2 design

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Rayman 3 design is not "classic" and is essentially the same thing as his current design anyway.

Though it looks like the dream may be dead anyway, I'm just going to hold back for now...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't see that happening.
If he got i it'd be either the Origins/Legends design or the R2 design
I wouldn't doubt that, as I always have said.

But a person can dream, from a wise person once said.

But that being said, if R2 design was chosen, that too would be interesting, and pretty retro in that sense, but it would more likely be the most recent design, baring the Adventures/Legends 2 design.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So which incarnation of Rayman would you guys like to see the most? I think R3 has tons of potential with all the power ups he uses throughout the game, but they'd most likely use RO/RL, which is pretty good, too.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So which incarnation of Rayman would you guys like to see the most? I think R3 has tons of potential with all the power ups he uses throughout the game, but they'd most likely use RO/RL, which is pretty good, too.
As I have said and stated many times, as much as it would be RO/L design, I'll always prefer R3 design for many personal reasons.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

As I have said and stated many times, as much as it would be RO/L design, I'll always prefer R3 design for many personal reasons.
Exactly this, and I won't change my opinion. Never.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'd personally want to see the Origins/legends design because it's the most known one atm and it's cartoony which is just perfect for smash

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'd like to see the R3 design, but I'd like to see how the R2/R1 design could be used for Smash.

I don't mind if RO/RL design makes in, because it's like R3 design with some changes. But if RO/RL design makes in, I wonder if he would use powers from other games or only powers from RO/RL.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I'd like to see the R3 design, but I'd like to see how the R2/R1 design could be used for Smash.

I don't mind if RO/RL design makes in, because it's like R3 design with some changes. But if RO/RL design makes in, I wonder if he would use powers from other games or only powers from RO/RL.
You know, that makes me wish, that if Rayman was in, he could change between the 4 of his designs, and with that, everyone would be happy and would pick the design they like the most.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, that makes me wish, that if Rayman was in, he could change between the 4 of his designs, and with that, everyone would be happy and would pick the design they like the most.
4? But yeah, that would be great, imo. Although I don't know how his Classic R2 design would work as an alt, because of his size difference, but hey, that would be cool.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

4? But yeah, that would be great, imo. Although I don't know how his Classic R2 design would work as an alt, because of his size difference, but hey, that would be cool.
Oh, I mean R1/R2/R3/RL. and let's not get Rayman into the "size argument" territory, that's Ridley's specialty.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, I mean R1/R2/R3/RL. and let's not get Rayman into the "size argument" territory, that's Ridley's specialty.
Well, I always saw R2 design as his R1 design, just in 3D. That is would it has looked to me, imo;

Unless you meant his render art, then yeah.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No "incarnation" because Smash characters tend to be an amalgamation of all of their appearances. Mega Man is highly based on his appearance in the second game, but his moves are taken from all across his franchise. Rayman's current design isn't bad, I don't know how anyone can say so and then fall back on the Rayman 3 design. They are the same thing. Rayman has a strange posture and grin in Legends? That has nothing to do with the design and the R3 design is just as capable of the same expressions. I don't even see why that matters since he's been pulling a grimace since his very first game, he's always been silly.

What's the best I can picture? His current design, hopefully closely resembling Omny's image. Give him a lot of animations that closely resemble the ones from Rayman 1 (idle poses, standing precariously on a ledge, holding onto the ledge and pointing up at it, grimace as a taunt, etc). His standard moves would have a lot of influence from Origins/Legends, but his standard punch, aerial, and f-tilt would be like Mega Man in the sense that instead of a normal attack, he launches out his fists, two at a time, and has to wait for them to return, calling back to both Rayman 3 and the original game as they would curve and hit on the return trip back.

His specials are where Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 really get a chance to shine, his energy shots are the perfect choice for a standard special, tap away to rapid fire weak shots or hold to charge, Rayman can't save the charge, but can run around with it until he lets go. The laser washing detergent abilities could be squeezed as his other specials in some way, Throttle Copter recovery, Shock Rocket side special (?), with a bit of creative thinking, Heavy Metal Fist fired downwards to create a shockwave or to spike opponents when used in the air, the Lockjaw could be his grab even (RIP Vortex). Those are just a few ideas.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
No "incarnation" because Smash characters tend to be an amalgamation of all of their appearances. Mega Man is highly based on his appearance in the second game, but his moves are taken from all across his franchise. Rayman's current design isn't bad, I don't know how anyone can say so and then fall back on the Rayman 3 design. They are the same thing. Rayman has a strange posture and grin in Legends? That has nothing to do with the design and the R3 design is just as capable of the same expressions. I don't even see why that matters since he's been pulling a grimace since his very first game, he's always been silly.

What's the best I can picture? His current design, hopefully closely resembling Omny's image. Give him a lot of animations that closely resemble the ones from Rayman 1 (idle poses, standing precariously on a ledge, holding onto the ledge and pointing up at it, grimace as a taunt, etc). His standard moves would have a lot of influence from Origins/Legends, but his standard punch, aerial, and f-tilt would be like Mega Man in the sense that instead of a normal attack, he launches out his fists, two at a time, and has to wait for them to return, calling back to both Rayman 3 and the original game as they would curve and hit on the return trip back.

His specials are where Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 really get a chance to shine, his energy shots are the perfect choice for a standard special, tap away to rapid fire weak shots or hold to charge, Rayman can't save the charge, but can run around with it until he lets go. The laser washing detergent abilities could be squeezed as his other specials in some way, Throttle Copter recovery, Shock Rocket side special (?), with a bit of creative thinking, Heavy Metal Fist fired downwards to create a shockwave or to spike opponents when used in the air, the Lockjaw could be his grab even (RIP Vortex). Those are just a few ideas.
I like these ideas, I want the energy balls as his standard special.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey, guys... Just thought I'd comeback and drop an atom bomb on y'all...
Personally, I don't see why this is seen as a deconfirmation for K.Rool. In fact, I think this actually somewhat helps his chances to be included later on. Remember Skaurai's Smash Post of the Day which features a Meta Knight Mii Fighter Mask before Meta Knight was even announced? I can see this being the same case.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Personally, I don't see why this is seen as a deconfirmation for K.Rool. In fact, I think this actually somewhat helps his chances to be included later on. Remember Skaurai's Smash Post of the Day which features a Meta Knight Mii Fighter Mask before Meta Knight was even announced? I can see this being the same case.
Do you know how much time passed between the MK's mask and Meta Knight confirmed?

I'm just curious, and of course I want to know something about the Ballot xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you know how much time passed between the MK's mask and Meta Knight confirmed?

I'm just curious, and of course I want to know something about the Ballot xD.
It was 2 days, the post was on a Wednesday, and he was revealed on Friday.

....Wait a minute....

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
That's Smash for you, a whole big fest of speculating. My advice is we just be patient and see what the outcome will be in the end.

Top Bottom