• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Excuse my dp, but here's something I wanted to share.

Sad to see a little project like this had to get canceled.

EDIT: Sorry, disregard that, he's continuing the fan game so far.
A 2D Rayman 2? Looks interesting.
I think the most acurate one I have seen is this one:

Even if it is RO Rayman, it looks amazing.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I still don't get why you guys don't like the Origins/Legends design. I think it's one of the best designs Rayman has ever had.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I still don't get why you guys don't like the Origins/Legends design. I think it's one of the best designs Rayman has ever had.
To each their own. I don't really mind it "design wise" I just don't like the way they made his personality compared to the original trilogy games. And well, I just find what R3 gave to be just fine as is, both design wise and personally wise.

Like whatever you guys like, it's no problem with that. I'm just content with R3 Rayman the most.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
it's so weird though you guys are the only people I know that like R3 the most. I personally even like it the least but that's mostly because I link his design to how he acts and in R3 he's just kind of a cocky rude person and I really don't like it because of that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly don't really see that big of a difference between 3 Rayman and Origins/Legends Rayman designs, despite a cartoonier look and little differences in clothing, they're pretty much the same.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
it's so weird though you guys are the only people I know that like R3 the most. I personally even like it the least but that's mostly because I link his design to how he acts and in R3 he's just kind of a cocky rude person and I really don't like it because of that.
I understand. That's what most people say about R3. But it's the one that I found the most "enjoyment" in terms of his mannerism, maybe it's the same reason I favor Sonic over Mario or something.

And from what I seen, I've noticed a lot of R3 inspired designs on DA, just as much as I do see R O/L. It's all about preferences. If you don't like R3 Rayman, fine, to each there own. R2 is still my second favorite Rayman, both in how he was handled, and how his design was, it was executed (in game) as how I'd picture R1 Rayman in 3D. But R3 Rayman is like a "Modern" version of him, getting older, along side I was getting older.

I don't mind R O/L Rayman. But my preference lays with R3 the most.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
For me, it never will be the best. I personally like more that background designs of Origins/Legends than Rayman's design from those games.
And I like to be the exception. I love the first 3 designs, always, but I don't know, I will never like RO/RL, both in personality (overly happy that rarely closes his mouth) and design, that Smash made it look that it was definitely not meant for 3D. But again, it is just my personal preference.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Personally, I don't really have a favorite design. They all have their own merits that make them likable to me.

AndreaAC

Personally, I don't really have a favorite design. They all have their own merits that make them likable to me.
:) And you are really lucky that you see all the designs that way, for me it is kind of hard, honestly.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
In terms of design.. Rayman is kinda mixture of Rayman 1/2 and 3. The reason why I myself liked the classic over origins/legends is because Ray showed more emotions than being ultra happy.. all the time XD Origins and legends kinda made him too silly for me my taste compared to the original >.< here's some for example

Origins/legends still aren't bad games though lol Now I would like to see Ly and Clark in this cough

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
In terms of design.. Rayman is kinda mixture of Rayman 1/2 and 3. The reason why I myself liked the classic over origins/legends is because Ray showed more emotions than being ultra happy.. all the time XD Origins and legends kinda made him too silly for me my taste compared to the original >.< here's some for example

Origins/legends still aren't bad games though lol Now I would like to see Ly and Clark in this cough
I know this is done with, but that's pretty much how I feel about the Rayman O?L concept of Ray and why I prefer R3 and the classic one more.

AndreaAC

RAYS.jpg

That's why I made this drawing in the first place. >_>

AndreaAC

I think is the only Rayman that doesn't have a "Running render" or has he?
hm...as far as I know he doesn't, most of his official renders are of his abilities.
01_01_Market_20.jpg

unless you count this one

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Sorry for dp.

But did Rayman 3 HD have new Rayman 3 renders? I mean Rayman 2 came in 1999, and when the 3DS version came they made new render of him:

I'm not a very fan of this one but it's nice to see an official new Rayman 2 render after 16 years.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry for dp.

But did Rayman 3 HD have new Rayman 3 renders? I mean Rayman 2 came in 1999, and when the 3DS version came they made new render of him:

I'm not a very fan of this one but it's nice to see a new Rayman 2 render after 16 years.
No, it didn't. It was brought up before, but it's just a modified version of preexisting renders of R3.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Sorry for dp.

I'm not a very fan of this one but it's nice to see an official new Rayman 2 render after 16 years.
Me neither. ._, it's something about his head that really bothers me, one thing being his hair, looking too redish for my liking...and his overall face.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry for dp.

I really don't like how his hair looks.
It's WAY too orange.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I know the render it's so a bit ugly, but I really love how they "remastered" the original boxart:

Although, I prefer the original but it's nice how they tried to remaster it.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I know the render it's so a bit ugly, but I really love how they "remastered" the original boxart:

Although, I prefer the original but it's nice how they tried to remaster it.
And I just noticed that the flag of the "remastered" boxart doesn't have the insignia of the Robo-Pirates...just...a crossed skull with swords. Kind of typical when it comes to pirates.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This took longer than it should...I hope I can now post this.

RayCrazy.png

Just to add, this was thought of during what happened here in the thread a while back ago.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
And I just noticed that the flag of the "remastered" boxart doesn't have the insignia of the Robo-Pirates...just...a crossed skull with swords. Kind of typical when it comes to pirates.
Yes, that's one of the things that I hate on the "remastered" boxart.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I can't tell if the R3 logo at the bottom of Rayman's shoe is a watermark, easter egg, or an actual part of his shoe.
WHY IS IT THERE?
It was in the original boxart version.

Which was the version I had.

But funny enough, not in this one.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I can't tell if the R3 logo at the bottom of Rayman's shoe is a watermark, easter egg, or an actual part of his shoe.
WHY IS IT THERE?
I don't know, maybe a little detail that the creators wanted to show in the boxart, it was in the original game, but I think it's in the american one only.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't know, maybe a little detail that the creators wanted to show in the boxart, it was in the original game, but I think it's in the american one only.

Looking at the back, I always forget that John Leguizamo played Globox, which is pretty funny considering this happened in Legends.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

I don't know about you, but I still find it strange.
That's like putting the letters "B-K" on Banjo's chest.

Top Bottom