• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The First Rayman 2 came in 1999 and the GBC version came in 2001.

Here's the Cave of Bad Dreams from the GBC version:

It seems to be playing off a more "lava level' motif, which honestly fits that music, despite the name...

In fact, Donkey Kong Country 2 does something like that with Bramble Blast. The level is filled with spikes, but has nice and peaceful music...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, that's why I said that xD, you're in a terrifying cave with terrifying monsters and you hear.. a cheerful song xD.
xD That's hilarious, but, that could help @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS to not be so affraid of Jano, and you know what would be even better? that Jano had instead of a purple and yellow top hat, a pink bowler hat with a daisy flower.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD That's hilarious, but, that could help @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS to not be so affraid of Jano, and you know what would be even better? that Jano had instead of a purple and yellow top hat, a pink boulder hat with a daisy flower.
Ha ha...Very funny. I'm not really afraid of him anymore, I just play around with my childhood fear of him.

And honestly, if he looked like that, he'd be a joke of a boss...which despite the fear. I wouldn't like, imo.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Btw, the N64 version of Cave of the Bad Dreams sounds better for me (and less terrifying), maybe is different because the diferences between MIDI/CD sounds.

(Also, awesome drawings in the video).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Btw, the N64 version of Cave of the Bad Dreams sounds better for me (and less terrifying), maybe is different because the diferences between MIDI/CD sounds.

It sounds decent, but I'm a bit more of a fan of the atmospheric tone in it, like in Revolution.

AndreaAC

I like both, but the Revolution one is the best, it's EVIL, and that piano sounds AWESOME. The N64 version of a song that I will always prefer is the Walking Shell theme.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
These are the same version?
this one.
The one I posted must be from Revolution, weird as I typed the great escape for the first one... hmm...Also, weirdly, I don't remember it sounding like that when I played the Great Escape on the emulator...

EDIT: Ok, I do, when it comes to that melody at 1:35, however...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

The one I posted must be from Revolution, weird as I typed the great escape for the first one... hmm...Also, weirdly, I don't remember it sounding like that when I played the Great Escape on the emulator...

EDIT: Ok, I do, when it comes to that melody at 1:35, however...
The first part plays when you are rescuing the Baby globoxes, where the giant robot chicken thing is, and when you are riding the Shell in the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The first part plays when you are rescuing the Baby globoxes, where the giant robot chicken thing is, and when you are riding the Shell in the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire.
Ah, I see. So it has alternate starting points based on which part you're in in the game. I see.

And imo, I think the Revolution version is better when it comes to it sounding a bit more atmospheric, but I think the 64 version has the better acoustics, imo...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh.. I want those funny moments back, where you ride the shell with that epic music.. I want the shell back..

I liked to run at the speed of sound with the shell.. It's so funny.

AndreaAC

Ah, I see. So it has alternate starting points based on which part you're in in the game. I see.

And imo, I think the Revolution version is better when it comes to it sounding a bit more atmospheric, but I think the 64 version has the better acoustics, imo...
xD I like the N64 version more because it makes the silly riding and explosions funnier, for me at least.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh.. I want those funny moments back, where you ride the shell with that epic music.. I want the shell back..

I liked to run at the speed of sound with the shell.. It's so funny.

xD Funny picture. And, yes, I loved crashing ridding the shell in R2. I'd like to see it back.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The first time I played the Teensie Highway, I thought that Rayman was riding a new version of the Shell xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The first time I played the Teensie Highway, I thought that Rayman was riding a new version of the Shell xD.
xD Oh, you. >u> Funny though, I kinda thought the same when I was playing R3. I would of loved it if it was really the shells instead of the rocket skateboard.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD Oh, you. >u> Funny though, I kinda thought the same when I was playing R3. I would of loved it if it was really the shells instead of the rocket skateboard.
I TOTALLY AGREE! xD And if the explosions could happen there and that the funny music played, I would have saved to that point to be able to do it over again.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Did you see this minigame?

I've never unlocked it but it looks funny and you can play as Ly.
I remember this. I don't remember you being able to play as Ly....I would remember that. I assume it's 2 player or something...

And seeing them fight is weird looking. xD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Did you see this minigame?

I've never unlocked it but it looks funny and you can play as Ly.
xD OH MY GOODNESS, THAT'S AWESOME! I laughed when Ray and Ly killed themselves at the same time!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
What do you guys think the chances of Nintendo and Sakurai working out something with Ubisoft? You think after that leak, that Sakuarai had to have contacted them at some point, and decided to put Rayman as a full fledged charcter? E3 reveal for Ubisoft or Nintendo or both? It's no secret that they would like for him to be playable. I also hope we get a new Rayman game exclusive for the Wii U. I just secretly hope that Ubisoft doesn't ruin their chances for getting represented in Smash this time. Please be careful with what you do Ubisoft. You already lost a lot of fans because of well.....a lot of things.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
What do you guys think the chances of Nintendo and Sakurai working out something with Ubisoft? You think after that leak, that Sakuarai had to have contacted them at some point, and decided to put Rayman as full fledge charcter? E3 reveal for Ubisoft or Nintendo or both? It's no secret that they would like for him to be playable.
They already have the rights to Rayman, so it's up to Sakurai.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Imagine that Ubisoft is saying "You can make this to happen (vote for Rayman)" because they want us to forget that Rayman would be presented in the E3. And next month in the E3... Rayman presented and Ubisoft troll us (like Sakurai).

And...

Last edited:
Top Bottom