• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I have to admit, I never knew of Pac-Land's existence until the yellow dot was announced for Smash Bros.

Maybe Smash could be the way that modern fans learn about classic games.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have to admit, I never knew of Pac-Land's existence until the yellow dot was announced for Smash Bros.

Maybe Smash could be the way that modern fans learn about classic games.
It already is. When I first turned on my copy of Brawl, I looked at the roster and was like: "Who's King Dedede. Who's Olimar, Who's Lucas". lol. Smash is what really got me into gaming.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It already is. When I first turned on my copy of Brawl, I looked at the roster and was like: "Who's King Dedede. Who's Olimar, Who's Lucas". lol. Smash is what really got me into gaming.
I got to admit, Smash Bros Melee was really what got me into game design to this day. That and, ironically enough, Rayman Arena. It was those two games at the time that inspired me to start making video games.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Anyone remember the GameBoy Color version of Rayman 1?

I'm thinking that Smash 3DS might receive a stage based on that game if Rayman gets in.
Yes, I have it original and well, maybe, the game is based in the original Rayman game, so they could get the levels from the original (the levels are better), or one level from Origins for the 3DS and one from Legends for the Wii U version.

Btw, in the GBC version of Rayman 1, you fight against Mr. Dark, like a real battle, not like the original that you must fight other bosses, and that's something I really like.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, I have it original and well, maybe, the game is based in the original Rayman game, so they could get the levels from the original (the levels are better), or one level from Origins for the 3DS and one from Legends for the Wii U version.

Btw, in the GBC version of Rayman 1, you fight against Mr. Dark, like a real battle, not like the original that you must fight other bosses, and that's something I really like.
Really? You do fight Mr/ Dark himself? How was it like?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Here you can see the battle detailed, I must say, it looks a bit simple, but it was so hard for me the first time I beated the game..
Wow. For a GBC game, that wasn't too bad, I liked it. :) The sound mixing in that battle although was kinda obnoxious, imo, but still, I'd wish something like that was in the original Rayman 1, even if I didn't get that far in the game myself to see it. Still better than that last boss of R1 (Original), regardless. My only other problem? That lightning part of the fight lasted a bit too long for it's own good, but despite that, really neat boss battle. :)

Oh, and I love that line Ray said at the end, it made me think of R3 Rayman. "See what happen's when I am waken up abruptly?" xD So snarky. Haha.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Here you can see the battle detailed, I must say, it looks a bit simple, but it was so hard for me the first time I beated the game..
I always wondered why you never fought Mr. Dark in the original... kinda makes me want to play this version now lol.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Also, one level of the GBC version is called "Fiery Dephts" (Influenced by the Caves of Skops from the original game) and in this level sounds the Cave of Bad dreams' song xD.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Also, one level of the GBC version is called "Fiery Dephts" (Influenced by the Caves of Skops from the original game) and in this level sounds the Cave of Bad dreams' song xD.

Ok, I just checked and this game came out one year after Rayman 2, the Great Escape. So that explains the music (and the pre rendered image of R2 Ray at the end of the game now) xD But nice find. :)

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In terms of potential Rayman stages, this is how I see it.

3DS: A stage based off Rayman 1

Wii U: A stage based off Origins/Legends.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of which, since you guys mentioned the GBC version of Rayman 1, was that version good? I think it's on the 3DS E-Shop.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Admittedly, a part of me wants that stage just for the music.
Man, I would LOVE to hear a full orchestral remix of this.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Admittedly, a part of me wants that stage just for the music.
Man, I would LOVE to hear a full orchestral remix of this.
Well, they could always add that for one of the Rayman stages they may add in. I could see that be done.

But yeah, it's a really nice sounding track.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That's true, it's just that a Precipice stage will ensure a remix.
Then again, we didn't a Pac-Land remix.
I will never understand that. They went through the effort of recreating an ENTIRE level from that game, but couldn't be bothered to actually add the music from it?

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I honestly wouldn't like a rayman 2 stage. in my opinion Rayman 2 had the most uninspired areas in the whole franchise compared to Rayman 1's music heaven, Rayman 3's land of the livid dead and all of Rayman legends

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
In terms of potential Rayman stages, this is how I see it.

3DS: A stage based off Rayman 1

Wii U: A stage based off Origins/Legends.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did split it up like this. Give him something old and new. If there is something that I love about Smash is that they know how to bring out a charcters history, especially the third party characters. Especially for the Origins/Legnds for a Wii U stage. If they go with Legends for console I hope that it's Land of the Livid Death ends up being a stage for the Wii U. That would looks so sick as a stage in Smash 4.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Just for the record, it looks like they've finally moved from the Retro Rayman, or that they've put it on hiatus again.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'd like to know why did Ubisoft put an edited version of "Woods of Light" song in the level "Cave of Bad Dreams" and the song of "Cave of Bad Dreams" in the level "Marshes of Awakening".. xD

This is in Rayman 2 Forever (GBC).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd like to know why did Ubisoft put an edited version of "Woods of Light" song in the level "Cave of Bad Dreams" and the song of "Cave of Bad Dreams" in the level "Marshes of Awakening".. xD

IDK. I never played that game before, but I'd just say "level diversity". Basically saying it's a different level just because...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

._. So, the terrifying cave had the song of a pretty forest? now that's wierd.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
._. So, the terrifying cave had the song of a pretty forest? now that's wierd.
Again, like I said, maybe just to justify it being a "different level", as this is done in other games before as well. Just to add music that happens to "fit" the level's design, mostly.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, that's why I said that xD, you're in a terrifying cave with terrifying monsters and you hear.. a cheerful song xD.
Wait, one question. Which game came first exactly? And how does that level look in design, despite the name?

Last edited:
Top Bottom