• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Alright, sorry. :(
It's cool, we all make mistakes.
Just to side track from all the dong and such, here's what Playtonic has to say about Ubisoft, including their games like Child of Light and Rayman, in terms of innovation and approach with new risks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pla...ds-creative-risks-respects-ubisoft-s-approach

Just something for both Rayman and Banjo fans. I wonder what they think about the music levels in Legends?
It's always nice to hear other game developers' opinions on Rayman. Especially from guys who know what they're talking about.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
How old was mario again.
It seems that they count his years since "Super Mario Bros." for NES, so he's 30 years old, but if we count it since the Arcade, he's 34 years old.

For Pacman I'd like to see a new "Pacman World" game or something like that.

And for Rayman.. you know what I'd like to see xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It seems that they count his years since "Super Mario Bros." for NES, so he's 30 years old, but if we count it since the Arcade, he's 34 years old.

Rayman 4.

Where do they say he's counted only from Super Mario Bros? I guess so, just from the first of the Super Mario series, but in Smash Bros (even in Snake's trailer) they said his first appearance was in 1981.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Rayman 4.

Where do they say he's counted only from Super Mario Bros? I guess so, just from the first of the Super Mario series, but in Smash Bros (even in Snake's trailer) they said his first appearance was in 1981.
I think it's from the NES game because his 25th anniversary was in 2010 and the NES game came in 1985.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think it's from the NES game because his 25th anniversary was in 2010 and the NES game came in 1985.
Well, that seems very odd...But, oh well. I guess "Mario" would just be counted towards starting from his first game starring him, I suppose...(excluding Mario Bros.)...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
  • Prior to Super Smash Bros. 4, Mario has had at least one appearance alongside the other third party characters in the game.
And what's about Rayman?

Mario's costume appears in Rayman Legends..

Rayman Confirmed!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
  • Prior to Super Smash Bros. 4, Mario has had at least one appearance alongside the other third party characters in the game.
    • He appeared with Pac-Man in the Mario Kart Arcade series and provided commentary in Pac-Man Vs..
    • He appeared with Sonic in the Mario & Sonic games.
    • He appeared with Mega Man in the Super Mario: Die Bescherung comic.
    • Mario also made a cameo appearance in the form of a figurine on Otacon's desk in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.
And what's about Rayman?

Rayman Confirmed!
Now that you mention it... that is quite the coincidence...

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
And what's about Rayman?

Rayman Confirmed!
Now what other third parties did Mario crossover with besides the ones listed above?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

EDIT:
That is, if they don't announce a Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures 3, which seems likely at this point. :p

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I hope it's not a new "Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures" game.. seriously, I don't know you guys, but I don't like the "Ghostly Adventures" saga in general xD.
Don't worry, because I don't like it myself either. When I said that, I meant it's likely they'll announce that kind of game at E3. That doesn't mean I want it, mind you. It's not really my favorite take on Pac-Man, but at least it's not as bad as Sonic Boom. Should've been more clear on that.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Don't worry, because I don't like it myself either. When I said that, I meant it's likely they'll announce that kind of game at E3. That doesn't mean I want it, mind you. It's not really my favorite take on Pac-Man, but at least it's not as bad as Sonic Boom. Should've been more clear on that.
I think today they're going to do a "party" for the 35th anniversary in a restaurant in Chicago, I read that they're going to present the reboot of Pacman (other one).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They brought back Pac-Man's classic design for Smash, they can make Pac-Man World 4.

plz namco

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I think today they're going to do a "party" for the 35th anniversary in a restaurant in Chicago, I read that they're going to present the reboot of Pacman (other one).
Another reboot?!? Seriously, how many reboots does one franchise need? This is almost getting as bad as Sonic, judging by how things turned out for him during the years.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Despite the fact that I am in retirement, I still had a couple of vote forms left, so I decided to pass them out to people I trust.
The final number of potential votes for Rayman sits at 231.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I hope it's not a new "Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures" game.. seriously, I don't know you guys, but I don't like the "Ghostly Adventures" saga in general xD.
... *looks to the avatar*
I'm perfectly fine with another Ghostly Adventures, I had a lot of fun with the last 3 games.

:T

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
To each their own. Some people like the Rabbids....Meh. I don't really mind/care abut the Ghostly Adventures...But, meh. I don't find much appeal from it, imo.
People usually take that as a blasphemy, but as a long time gamer and Pac-Man fan, I can say that the latest entries were at the exactly same vein of the Pac-Man World series.. failing and hitting right in the same amount of aspects, doing some kind of equivalence. (and at the end of the day, the original World trilogy was nothing than average platform games, so was GA1, 3DS and 2). So, I ALSO had the same enjoyment. =P..

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
My artwork is finally complete!

I got a little lazy with the background, but other than that, I like how this turned out!

Please ask for my permission if you want to use my art for any reason. Thank you!:)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Never said anything about a game.

Buff Mario for alternate costume.
My artwork is finally complete!

I got a little lazy with the background, but other than that, I like how this turned out!

Please ask for my permission if you want to use my art for any reason. Thank you!:)
I like it! *thumbs up*

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Anyone remember the GameBoy Color version of Rayman 1?

I'm thinking that Smash 3DS might receive a stage based on that game if Rayman gets in.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I thought if Rayman were to get into the game they'd would have Rayman content based on Origins and Legends. I mean they're doing the same with Sonic for cross promotion with Lost World. Even though Legends lost its exclustivity I think that's what they would base him off of. Even though they could end up suprising me and go with some of the older stuff. They did that for PacMan and MegaMan, I guess you can say they options it terms what kind of content they would go with. Nintendo and Sakurai usually have this kind of stuff down and taken care of when it what kind of third party content they want would be appropriate to be in Smash. But, hey you'd never know.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I thought if Rayman were to get into the game they'd would have Rayman content based on Origins and Legends. I mean they're doing the same with Sonic for cross promoting Lost World. Even though Legends lost its exclustivity I think that's what they would base him off of. Even though they could end up suprising me and go with the older stuff. You'd never know.
Smash 3DS did get the old Green Hill Zone stage from Brawl.

Anything could happen.

Top Bottom