• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Suddenly activity.

Mewtwo is inching ever closer – likely just a week away or less, and that means a second DLC character could potentially be considered in the near future now that the hands are idle.

Let's see if Sakurai noticed the reactions to the "leak", shall we?
Rayman demand is almost as big as Mewtwo at this point. I think Sakurai or Nintendo wouldn't want to miss the opportunity.

View attachment 44555

.u. this is the strangest one I had to come up with yet...and I tried to make him look fluffy.
This is amazing!:laugh:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
K Rool is absolutely nowhere near the fame of the Duck Hunt Dog and "Retro" is usually considered to the NES years in Smash Bros.

Rare was the single greatest game developer of their time.

I will go out of my way to say that no one has come close to matching them.

Anyway, back to Rayman.
I agree. They were so ahead of their time. Banjo-Tooie is still the most ambitious game I've ever played. Ambitious to a fault, even.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
In my honest opinion, there's no reason why we have to wait 5-6 years for new characters to be added when Sakurai could very well add them to Smash 4 as DLC. That stigma on having to wait that long for new characters is outdated today, if you ask me.

It would make sense to go the DLC route since Sakurai has repeatedly said that Smash 4 is his last game in the series. Honestly, it could very well be his last game since he has developed tendonitis, doesn't seem to have the motivation to create a brand new entry, and seems as though he's given his all. I mean, look what's going to happen to Kojima.

Well, if there's one thing I want from him, I want Sakurai to be the guy that designs Rayman as a fighter before he's done with the series.

It would be a dream come true.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
R&G.jpg

A last one for today, Mr. Ray and Watch! this one was hard to give the effect G&W has without making it a vector...

@ WindozeNT WindozeNT

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

AndreaAC

Gotta go fast!:4sonic:

Not bad. Must've been difficult to Raymanify Mr. Game & Watch.
My personal favorite is either Little Ray or Donkey Man, but this is good, too.
Thanks, it was pretty quick made, and it was hard, giving that flat effect with brushes instead of a vector pen is REALLY tricky... :)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Thanks, it was pretty quick made, and it was hard, giving that flat effect with brushes instead of a vector pen is REALLY tricky... :)
I bet it was tricky.
Before you go, I have an idea that I want to share:
Can you please Raymanify Pikachu?
Not tonight, of course, but sometime when you feel like it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

RestlessRay.png

I think I'm going to go to bed early today... Good night everyone.

And, good job with all your drawings today Andrea. You're a great artist amongst us all...

AndreaAC

I bet it was tricky.
Before you go, I have an idea that I want to share:
Can you please Raymanify Pikachu?
Not tonight, of course, but sometime when you feel like it.
:) Of course! I will try tomorrow along with the Raymanized Samus!

I think I'm going to go to bed early today... Good night everyone.

And, good job with all your drawings today Andrea. You're a great artist amongst us all...
Thanks and have a good night. And it is nothing, I'm just doing it for fun.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I didn't mention this yesterday, but I like how each one of these seems like power-ups, like in Rayman 3, imo.

And I like the name, Raychu. Clever. Anyways, good job with this, it's great. :]
xD Yeah, now that you say that, you are right!

and thanks!

AndreaAC

I really like it! Thanks!
It's funny because it doesn't seem as though that he's enjoying himself. It's as if he's being zapped by the costume.
:3 Glad to hear that! and No problem~!

xD When I was thinking for ideas for his pose, I suddenly remembered the faces he makes when he gets electrocuted in Rayman 3!

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, when the ArtsyOmni leak first popped up on the Internet, where were you guys when this occurred and what were you doing?

I learned about it while surfing the web on my phone. I was laying on my bed when I learned about it.

I'm just curious, that's all.

AndreaAC

So, when the ArtsyOmni leak first popped up on the Internet, where were you guys when this occurred and what were you doing?

I learned about it while surfing the web on my phone. I was laying on my bed when I learned about it.

I was just drawing...and discussing something here in the boards, when it appeared in the portal index, honestly, I wasn't impresed by it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

It was shared in one social group I am apart of, and the person was already debunking it (just so no false hype would build up, I'm assuming), but I didn't believe it was legit anyways, but I did admit the render was really nice, for the Legends design, imo...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I was just drawing...and discussing something here in the boards, when it appeared in the portal index, honestly, I wasn't impresed by it.
My reaction was similar to yours. It wasn't until the video of the CSS was posted that I was convinced it was real.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

I was sick and asleep, so I missed the initial reveal. Went to my Youtube channel a few hours later, saw that I had multiple comments telling me that Rayman was leaked for Smash. I didn't believe them, but checked it out anyway, and immediately lost my mind.

AndreaAC

My reaction was similar to yours. It wasn't until the video of the CSS was posted that I was convinced it was real.
I didn't went "HYPE" because of the video, but I only thought, it is is real, good, if not, how sad. I was kinda busy drawing to even care... :/ I don't play Smash anymore anyways.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Although I felt it was still fake regardless of that video, it could have went either way so. But I choosed to not let it get to me and just drew in the meanwhile...

I didn't went "HYPE" because of the video, but I only thought, it is is real, good, if not, how sad. I was kinda busy drawing to even care... :/ I don't play Smash anymore anyways.
I felt the same to this, really...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I was sick and asleep, so I missed the initial reveal. Went to my Youtube channel a few hours later, saw that I had multiple comments telling me that Rayman was leaked for Smash. I didn't believe them, but checked it out anyway, and immediately lost my mind.
When I first saw it, my heart skipped a beat. I absolutely lost my mind. I mean, given how the ESRB leak ended up being real, I thought the Rayman leak would've been, too.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I was amiibo hunting, looking for a Sonic amiibo because my GameStop order got delayed, someone took the very last one and I saw them at the register. I was a bit upset, so I went home, checked my Twitter, and saw MyNintendoNews say "possible Rayman Smash Bros", clicked, and got the biggest grin on my face, I immediately went to Smash Boards, and gave my two cents. I was honestly crying tears of joy, I couldn't believe that my three favorite video game characters were in the same game together, and they could fight each other. I was glued to SmashBoards for a good 5 hours, until the power went out at my house (couldn't handle the hype I suppose). The next morning though, I think you know what happened. :(

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was amiibo hunting, looking for a Sonic amiibo because my GameStop order got delayed, someone took the very last one and I saw them at the register. I was a bit upset, so I went home, checked my Twitter, and saw MyNintendoNews say "possible Rayman Smash Bros", clicked, and got the biggest grin on my face, I immediately went to Smash Boards, and gave my two cents. I was honestly crying tears of joy, I couldn't believe that my three favorite video game characters were in the same game together, and they could fight each other. I was glued to SmashBoards for a good 5 hours, until the power went out at my house (couldn't handle the hype I suppose). The next morning though, I think you know what happened. :(
I think I remember how some people reacted. It was a familiar fate to the likes of the Ridley speculation. But luckily I suppose, Rayman gain more support from this event.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think I remember how some people reacted. It was a familiar fate to the likes of the Ridley speculation. But luckily I suppose, Rayman gain more support from this event.
Yeah, the leak being fake changed my mindset on leaks as a whole. I won't believe anything unless I see some gameplay.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Me? I was trying to do my homework for English coaching I do every Sunday. It was so distracting and hype-inducing!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
View attachment 44574
A last one for today, Mr. Ray and Watch! this one was hard to give the effect G&W has without making it a vector...

@ WindozeNT WindozeNT
I am now going to spend the next hour throwing money at the screen hoping this appears in the roster on my 3DS.
I actually have no money. :c

Does anyone have a background less version of the Rayman "O" icon? I want to use it for something.
I've been looking for the lum version. I've also tried to contact Artsy Omni about a project I'm working on but failed miserably at each attempt. Tried sending a message on Twitter and PMing him here. No dice. If anyone can reach him for me, that would be greatly appreciated. This man is hard to get!

EDIT: just going to tag him and hope it gets his attention. I don't even know if he got my messages. @HextupleyooDOT

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I am now going to spend the next hour throwing money at the screen hoping this appears in the roster on my 3DS.

I've been looking for the lum version. I've also tried to contact Artsy Omni about a project I'm working on but failed miserably at each attempt. Tried sending a message on Twitter and PMing him here. No dice. If anyone can reach him for me, that would be greatly appreciated. This man is hard to get!
Awww... ^u^ Glad you liked it that much.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

@N3ON gave the Lum icon on their sig thread.
Rayman Icon Lum.png

Top Bottom