• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Oh my god, you guys are acting like children.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
The Duck Hunt Dog is infamous, not famous like King K.Rool, Rayman or Ridley. People know Duck Dunt Dog because he was ****in' annoying, not because he's memorable. :p

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Oh my god, you guys are acting like children.
There's so much irony in that statement.
Gee, I didn't know that me mentioning the Kremling King would cause this thread to go haywire. Because honestly, THAT WASN'T THE POINT OF MY POST.

If you only want to stir more controversy, then I will kindly ask you to take your thoughts to another thread.

Please and thank you.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd advise everyone in here to refrain from talking badly about any characters. Everyone has differing opinions and this isn't some contest to prove who is right or wrong. Talk about your favorite characters if you like, but please keep it to a minimum.

This is the Rayman thread after all.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
There's so much irony in that statement.
Gee, I didn't know that me mentioning the Kremling King would cause this thread to go haywire. Because honestly, THAT WASN'T THE POINT OF MY POST.

If you only want to stir more controversy, then I will kindly ask you to take your thoughts to another thread.

Please and thank you.
I didn't stir anything, I said K Rool isn't a retro character by my definition of retro and that the Duck Hunt Dog is more famous and people throw a fit.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wow, BKupa's here! I suggest we all settle down at the minute. I don't remember Rayman's soundtracks, can someone show me the light?
Near the bottom of the OP is a selection of many great tracks from across the Rayman franchise.

The Rayman 2 main theme is one of my personal favorites.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Well, like James said, you should only talk about characters that you like.
And I do like K Rool, In fact he was my most wanted newcomer in 2013.

(This is my last off-topic post, hopefully.)

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I didn't stir anything, I said K Rool isn't a retro character by my definition of retro and that the Duck Hunt Dog is more famous and people throw a fit.
The thing is that "famous" implies a positive type of fame. The Duck Hunt Dog is not famous, he became infamous because of his laughing at you. "Infamous" is negative, "famous" is positive.

Calling Duck Hunt Dog "famous" is like calling Rayman "infamous"; those words don't mean what you use them for. :p

But on-topic; I really want to get a WiiU soon so I can get either Rayman Legends or Rayman Origins, because I really want to play them. Maybe getting Rayman in Smash will give me a reason to buy them. :p

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
But on-topic; I really want to get a WiiU soon so I can get either Rayman Legends or Rayman Origins, because I really want to play them. Maybe getting Rayman in Smash will give me a reason to buy them. :p

FYI, you don't have to get Origins since the majority of the levels in the game are also in Legends.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ RedFly RedFly I'm not going to be offensive to you, pal, because you're pretty cool most of the time. But the reason people get so defensive is when you post your opinion you post it as if your opinion is the undisputable fact of the matter you are speaking about. You're just misunderstood as far as I can tell. Not to mention you also get defensive whenever someone refutes your opinion. You just need to be more passive is all.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Wow, BKupa's here! I suggest we all settle down at the minute. I don't remember Rayman's soundtracks, can someone show me the light?
One soundtrack that really sticks to me is a lot of arena's soundtrack.

First part is sweet and all, but it gets so great halfway through.

This one was so intense, I remember being extremely pumped playing the game to this.

Duck hunt is absurdly more famous than K rool. His laugh is absurdly well known

Speaking of music,I have been told Rayman 1 has the best music( band land and Mr dark seem to make this true) but I like how 2 has music that really sets a dark mood.
if only I had some examples to give but I don't know any names :upsidedown:

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
holy crap, apperantly rayman 3 has like, 8 whole hours of soundtrack. That's gotta be a record, right?

Here's another favorite of mine:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I update my Splash Card of Rayman:

@ GaroMaster GaroMaster

View attachment 44500

Globox: *Hic* Don't worry Little Ray... Unlike Mac, you got air game... *Hic*

Hope you like it.
Doc Globox is greatest thing that has ever been made.
View attachment 44510
Well, there it is, My version of Little Ray. >u> Yay, my first drawing from Spring Break.
Love it! I really like the rough coloring you do, makes it look very unique.

I see were talking about music. One of my favorite Rayman tracks is Inside the Fairy Council.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I see were talking about music. One of my favorite Rayman tracks is Inside the Fairy Council.
^U^ Thank you! Glad you like it! :) I will try to get started with the Raymanized DK!

AndreaAC

Oh my goodness, great job, amazing, I love it, seriously, you're very good!

Some songs I like:

:D Yay! Glad that you like it! :) If I finish the Raymanized DK, G&W and Samus, I will ask for more suggestions.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

I think you will love this drawing I found:

The Trinity, consisting of Sega, Ubisoft, and Nintendo.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Thanks, those three were pretty much the reason why I have my username and why I'm a gamer. It's one of the reasons why I want Rayman in Smash, if Rayman was included, I could finally have my Sonic, Mario, and Rayman battle, Smash 4 would be my favorite game of all-time.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
All this art reminds me that I still haven't drawn Rayman.

I did try, but I'm still kicking myself for not getting something satisfying. The last two things I did finish weren't Rayman related...

Edit: I'm also apparently never at a loss for words.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

It looks like Mario is jealous that Sonic is cheating on him with Rayman.

AndreaAC

RK.jpg

.u. this is the strangest one I had to come up with yet...and I tried to make him look fluffy.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Great job, I'm really impressed, you draw very fast. I love your drawings. You should share them with the Rayman/Ubisoft twitter.
:3 Than you, I'm really in a drawing mood now that I'm on vacations, and yeah, I have been told that, but infortunately, I don't have twitter, and I'm not so sure of sharing my artwork out of Smashboards yet. :/

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Mewtwo is inching ever closer – likely just a week away or less, and that means a second DLC character could potentially be considered in the near future now that the hands are idle.

Let's see if Sakurai noticed the reactions to the "leak", shall we?

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Mewtwo is inching ever closer – likely just a week away or less, and that means a second DLC character could potentially be considered in the near future now that the hands are idle.

Let's see if Sakurai noticed the reactions to the "leak", shall we?
Honestly, I want to get Mewtwo out of the way so we can start speculating on what character he'll work on next.

As for whether he knows the reactions to the leak, it's unlikely. However, I for one hope that Xander Mobus has told Sakurai about the leak since he commented on it, although come to think of it, I think Sakurai would just shrug off the suggestion.

Top Bottom