• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Mario has actually cameo'd in two Ubisoft games (the other being Just Dance 3)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We're back in business!

DLC confirmed, time to get the ball rolling! Rayman needs all the support he can get!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Huech blech *coughs out moths* Whoo it's good to be back.
The DLC supports begin. Rayman steps up on my list.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I think it's safe to say that trophies don't deconfirm characters anymore? :chuckle:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We won't stop until this is the official social thread of Rayman's own subforum among the playable characters.

Come on Sakurai, he's one of the most unique characters out there!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think it's safe to say that trophies don't deconfirm characters anymore? :chuckle:
I think it was rubbish to assume they every did (and based on our own justification, not Sakurai's).

This brings back the Rayman trophy we saw before- and the marketing tactic it was used for. They introduced it at a CRUCIAL time, to expose a new wave of hype just before Lucina and Robin were revealed. No coincidence in this timing. This deserves to be reexamined.

Third parties, in particularly, may have special access to DLC, if they are willing to fund the development time.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I think it was rubbish to assume they every did (and based on our own justification, not Sakurai's).

This brings back the Rayman trophy we saw before- and the marketing tactic it was used for. They introduced it at a CRUCIAL time, to expose a new wave of hype just before Lucina and Robin were revealed. No coincidence in this timing. This deserves to be reexamined.

Third parties, in particularly, may have special access to DLC, if they are willing to fund the development time.
Well it's all we could assume given the information we had at the time. It's a great opportunity for Wolf, Lucas, and Icies to come back now. I wonder what it means for Issac and Bandanna Dee, who didn't even get trophies.

Rayman would be an interesting 3rd Party since he'd be the first from western developers. If Nintendo is willing to show the west some love, I couldn't think of anyone better than Rayman. (It'd have to be him or something from EA... There really is no one better)

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Well it's all we could assume given the information we had at the time. It's a great opportunity for Wolf, Lucas, and Icies to come back now. I wonder what it means for Issac and Bandanna Dee, who didn't even get trophies.

Rayman would be an interesting 3rd Party since he'd be the first from western developers. If Nintendo is willing to show the west some love, I couldn't think of anyone better than Rayman. (It'd have to be him or something from EA... There really is no one better)
Rayman is the most deserving and obvious western character to include.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
He's in my signature.
I feel like he's tied with Snake for most likely 3rd party DLC.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Wonderful! I'm hoping we'll see Rayman being a fighter... I'll cry happy tears if he will be one.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I can believe some people came to the conclusion that having a trophy meant the character was not i the game, but it certainly was not all we could assume- there was plenty of justification as to why that would not have been the case,

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think the trophy is strong evidence that he might be a part of DLC. Why make such a hype about his reveal if he doesn't have a shot of being in this game?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have an idea to support Rayman for DLC, we send letters to Nintendo, but not Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Japan. We get the letters translated (not through Google translate, but a more professional website), and send them away. If a bunch of people do this, if could raise some amount of awareness. Now, it may also costs a bit of money, but I think it will be worth it. Tell me what you guys think?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I have an idea to support Rayman for DLC, we send letters to Nintendo, but not Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Japan. We get the letters translated (not through Google translate, but a more professional website), and send them away. If a bunch of people do this, if could raise some amount of awareness. Now, it may also costs a bit of money, but I think it will be worth it. Tell me what you guys think?
How about we send the letters to Ubisoft and have them talk to Nintendo?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Although I'm sure some of you remember what I said about the Rayman trophy and all, I never said I didn't think Rayman had no chance at DLC whatsoever, nor did I say that I didn't want him playable. I just didn't think he was being planned for it at the time.

I'd actually quite like a playable Rayman, so I'll gladly throw in my support for Rayman as a DLC character. :p

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The "Rayman 4 Smash" group on Deviant art is using an "in the clouds" argument to say Rayman is coming. Lol

Because of a rock formation that resembled him apparently.

I want Rayman in Smash. But that's just rediculous. But I admire their will to keep supporting him.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
How about we send the letters to Ubisoft and have them talk to Nintendo?
We can do both, but I think Nintendo should be a bigger priority. It's their game after all.

On an unrelated note, do you guys think the Moskito would be a good final smash?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have to admit Rayman is the most likely 3rd party character for dlc right now.

No 3rd party trophies on the 3ds version and possibly no more besides Rayman on the Wii U version.

If nothing else it shows there's a dialogue between Ubisoft and Sakurai's team.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
The "Rayman 4 Smash" group on Deviant art is using an "in the clouds" argument to say Rayman is coming. Lol

Because of a rock formation that resembled him apparently.

I want Rayman in Smash. But that's just rediculous. But I admire their will to keep supporting him.
Rayman confirmed for Ridley.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
We can do both, but I think Nintendo should be a bigger priority. It's their game after all.

On an unrelated note, do you guys think the Moskito would be a good final smash?
Yes that's true. Having Ubisoft to join our cause would be a huge support though.

Moskito sounds cool. Kind of like Yoshi's Dragon thing, eh?
Another idea I have is that Rayman winds up this massive punch and those who get hit are launched to a field to be ambushed by an army of Darktoons like the Rayman Origins opening cutscene.

No 3rd party trophies on the 3ds version and possibly no more besides Rayman on the Wii U version.
I think some girls from Fatal Frame also have a trophy, though it wasn't a grand reveal as Rayman's was.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think some girls from Fatal Frame also have a trophy, though it wasn't a grand reveal as Rayman's was.
Doesn't Nintendo have the full rights/ownership of Fatal Frame in certain regions? I could swear just the other day I saw somebody say something along those lines.

If that was the case I could see why it wouldn't be as big a deal as Rayman.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yes that's true. Having Ubisoft to join our cause would be a huge support though.
That would definitely help, they approved Rayman as trophy, I'm sure they would be more than happy to have him playable.

I'll post some of the things the letter should include later, if any of you are interested in doing it.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
That would definitely help, they approved Rayman as trophy, I'm sure they would be more than happy to have him playable.

I'll post some of the things the letter should include later, if any of you are interested in doing it.
They also put in the effort of making the trophy model themselves. Now that I think about it, it could be that Ubi wants Rayman in but Nintendo isn't letting them.
From what I can see, now that Pacman is in, Rayman is next in line for highly requested 3rd party. Him along with Snake, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont, but they're all from Konami and they only get one.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Okay, for those of you who want to write a letter here's what you should include. It should be well thought out and as long as possible, without making it seem repetitive.

Here are some of the things you should cover:
Why Rayman?

What has Rayman done for Nintendo and gaming as a whole?

His moveset potential (I wouldn't recommend listing a moveset, just talk about how he could be unique, or what games to pull from).

Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo.

That's all I got for now, if any of you got more ideas on what to add, feel free to say them. If we work together, I believe this could work. I was also thinking we could get they guys at the Rayman 4 Smash Deviantart group to help out. How do you guys feel about that?

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Eh, Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is an iffy subject. Sure the PR guys will tell you that everything's fine but you should know that it's not so buddy buddy at the moment.
Speaking of which, what ever happened with the Rayman Legends pre-Amiibo thing with the Rabbids and Ezio that was teased? Was it canned after exclusivity was lost? Such a shame...

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Speaking of which, what ever happened with the Rayman Legends pre-Amiibo thing with the Rabbids and Ezio that was teased? Was it canned after exclusivity was lost? Such a shame...
That Trailer was just a concept trailer. Everything in a concept trailer should be taken with a grain of salt. (salty)

Also about the whole letter situation..
How would you go about doing that?
Where do you send it?
How do you send it?
When do you send it?
SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't know about sending any letters, but we do need to get our voices heard.

I still have strong belief in Rayman being promoted to playable status via DLC, there's literally no reason for Rayman to have a trophy at all if not for Ubisoft attempting to get him into the game as a character. I highly doubt they went to Nintendo, and even sent them a model of the character, for the sole purpose of a small cameo. There's also the fact that there are two models.

The best thing we could do is to somehow get Sakurai to see the demand himself.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Eh, Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is an iffy subject. Sure the PR guys will tell you that everything's fine but you should know that it's not so buddy buddy at the moment.
Yeah, I had second thoughts about that as soon as I posted that.

Also about the whole letter situation..
How would you go about doing that?
Where do you send it?
How do you send it?
When do you send it?
SO MANY QUESTIONS!
1.) Just make a letter talking about why Rayman should be included.
2.) Nintendo of Japan, get the letter translated first (via a reliable translating website), though as Flaxr XIII suggested, you could also send them to Ubisoft as well. However, to get it translated, it would probably cost some money if you want an accurate translation.
3.) You can send through regular mail, though if you can find NoJ's e-mail, you could do that too.
4.) You can send it in your own time, no pressure.

I don't know about sending any letters.
How come?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How come?
Generic "we appreciate your patronage" reply, without any actual impact. The best option is to show support online, via polls or just generally having a large number of supporters following behind any movement that Sakurai could see.

Though I suppose anything is good, considering the situation. There's not much we can do at this point other than wait.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Generic "we appreciate your patronage" reply, without any actual impact. The best option is to show support online, via polls or just generally having a large number of supporters following behind any movement that Sakurai could see.

Though I suppose anything is good, considering the situation. There's not much we can do at this point other than wait.
Ah, I get where your coming from. Still, if a decent amount of people send letters, there could be an impact, even if it's very, very small. This would just be one way of spreading the word.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
We could take to the Miiverse. Apparently that got us Earthbound.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, feel free to add me to the Limbless Wonder's support group as one of a select few who have the potential to become third-party DLC. I have an idea for a moveset, but right now, I just have the specials & Final Smash down (inspired mostly by The Great Escape & Hoodlum Havoc). The standard smashes are something that I sorta have trouble with.

I know Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is sorta iffy after ZombiU & Rayman Origins becoming also 360 & PS3 games, but this'd be a great way to mend fences.

Top Bottom