• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I'm not going to be rude about this, but how do you know that? Are the reasons to back it up because I would love to hear them.
To be deconfirmed, someone would have to go out of there way to explicitly say that Rayman won't be a playable character. This has not happened yet, hence he is not deconfirmed.

slickrick13

Smash Rookie
To be deconfirmed, someone would have to go out of there way to explicitly say that Rayman won't be a playable character. This has not happened yet, hence he is not deconfirmed.
Yay, that's true. But how about Nintendo of Canada's comment saying that he was referring to the trophy and other sites, mainly My Nintendo News, saying hes not a playable character. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Yay, that's true. But how about Nintendo of Canada's comment saying that he was referring to the trophy and other sites, mainly My Nintendo News, saying hes not a playable character. I don't know what to believe anymore.
Well to be honest for all we know that is Nintendo trying to keep one of their secret characters hidden. Idk why anyone would talk about Rayman in the context of that one comment if they were just talking about a trophy

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
What Nintendo said about it doesn't really matter, of course they'd say that, regardless of whether he was referring to the trophy or not. What is important is that the comment was made in the first place.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Well this doesn't look promising. This is the second trophy that Ubisoft posted...
Need to get the translation for this.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I don't think it's the nail yet because we all know the pic of the day one was different and there is something fishy going on with it.
there is still SOME hope.. just not a lot.

slickrick13

Smash Rookie
Anyway @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux is this the nail in the coffin for Rayman?
It seems like the end of Rayman having a chance at being playable, at least they used the more cartoony trophy then the drug trip Sakurai version. I don't see why they added the trophy in the first place, but what the hey, he's in the game:) At least he has some spotlight. Banjo-Kazooie never had a chance(after Rare's was brought by Microsoft in 2002).

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
translation: 3: The main character from Ubisoft's Rayman series: Rayman.

wow thanks Famitsu

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
translation: 3: The main character from Ubisoft's Rayman series: Rayman.

wow thanks Famitsu
It's not Famitsu, actually.

But still, unless the context of the rest of the page points otherwise, this doesn't change a thing. Besides the fact that the second trophy was used...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You know what Rayman deserves a slot! Ubisoft supports the Wii U more than SEGA, Capcom, Namco and Konami! SEGA has to because their under a Contract. All we get from Namco is sappy Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures games which suck, Rufuses to bring Dark Souls and Soul Caliber 2 HD to the Wii U the developers laughed whenever somebody asks. Konami and Capcom are just supporting the Virtual Console right now! Ubisoft gave the Wii U their Triple AAA titles and still Rayman get's a lot hate. Ubisoft at least deserves a Assist Trophy and more Trophys!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If Rayman is a trophy, then there has to be other 3rd party trophies. You would think Sakuari would of said something like "Pic of the Day, non-playable 3rd characters will get trophies, here's Rayman!' If Rayman ends up being the only non-playable 3rd party trophy, that would be pretty irritating.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
If Rayman is a trophy, then there has to be other 3rd party trophies. You would think Sakuari would of said something like "Pic of the Day, non-playable 3rd characters will get trophies, here's Rayman!' If Rayman ends up being the only non-playable 3rd party trophy, that would be pretty irritating.
He should have at least said if he was non-playable or not. He straight up said Brittany wasn't playable when he showed her trophy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah, Sakurai never outright stated that Rayman is just a trophy.
I always assumed that if your shown in any form, such as a trophy, your not playable. However, Sakuari showed a Meta Knight mask before revealing him, so there is a possibility Rayman could be playable but I don't think his chances are high in terms of the final game, maybe DLC. It still bothers me that we have a non-represented 3rd party character trophy, going through all those legal issues just for a trophy doesn't seem worth it in my eyes.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, they're not saying if he's playable or not while showing his trophy because there's a big chance he'll be a DLC character. Right now he's only a trophy, but we don't know about the future.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yeah, Sakurai never outright stated that Rayman is just a trophy.
The thing is, if he truly is in the game, Sakurai wouldn't have shown the trophy. Character trophies are special because they can only be rewarded by playing adventure/classic mode. Showing the trophies would be spoiling said reward.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I don't think it's the nail yet because we all know the pic of the day one was different and there is something fishy going on with it.
there is still SOME hope.. just not a lot.
To me it just seems like they had the exact same thoughts that we had: Rayman looks too high.
So instead they made him sing, and that looked better.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll still hold on to the very small possibility of Rayman being playable, but my hopes are not high.

But even if he's not playable, we shouldn't scatter just yet, as the possibility of DLC is very real.

I'm very sure that during the exchange between Ubisoft and Nintendo there must have been talk of him being added as a full character. Particularly, it was probably Ancel and his team that made the model, and even he wants Rayman in the game.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'll still hold on to the very small possibility of Rayman being playable, but my hopes are not high.

But even if he's not playable, we shouldn't scatter just yet, as the possibility of DLC is very real.

I'm very sure that during the exchange between Ubisoft and Nintendo there must have been talk of him being added as a full character. Particularly, it was probably Ancel and his team that made the model, and even he wants Rayman in the game.
Can you give me the link to Ancel saying that? I want you to look at these
https://twitter.com/Snake4Smash4
https://twitter.com/ChromForSmash
Their Campaigns to get certain characters in Smash. You think we should do one?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
It still bothers me that we have a non-represented 3rd party character trophy, going through all those legal issues just for a trophy doesn't seem worth it in my eyes.
This right here is the thing that has me confused the most. I mean, it'd be nice and all, but would it be worth the hassle? Sakurai has stated that licencing can be a nightmare, after all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well guys, just days left before the game releases. It's not looking great for Rayman, but we at least have the trophy.

I'm really looking forward to the trophy description, it could even hint towards him being DLC...

Speaking of, as long as he's nothing more than a trophy, he's still a prime candidate for DLC. We should prepare ourselves for that.

The Eagle173

Smash Rookie
Hiya, MY favorite game series is Rayman, but I mostly love the first ever Rayman. I recommend Rayman's dash be his running ability from his 1st game where his hair slicks back and he runs, also his smash should be the thorned fruits from rayman 1 or not, I mean there are a lot of options. His dash-attack should be the tornado spin like I've read. Rayman with temporary blue/purple hair would make sense to be his up-b from Rayman 1. Rayman 1 also has where Rayman catches the ledge with his hand, that would be a perfect if not obvious way to grab the edge (but i mena it has to look like it did in the game). In Rayman 2, Rayman shoots lums from his hands and that would be a great special attack instead of just flailing or charging his attack with his hands and feet so much. His icon for the series should be a Lum or Electoon :) That's it. Love Rayman, hope he makes it.
It sounds cool to have Megaman, Pacman, Rayman, (Bomberman) all in one game. HAH

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I always pictured his series symbol being the iconic "O" on his chest.

Welcome aboard, though we may need to jump on the DLC boat soon.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So looks like Rayman is not going to be in the game maybe we should push for DLC or wait for Smash 5.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So looks like Rayman is not going to be in the game maybe we should push for DLC or wait for Smash 5.
I'm still trying to see the apparent emergency I missed.

I've already gotten a head start on the DLC, though we've got to wait for the go-ahead.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What do you mean head start?
I wrote up a post for Rayman in the DLC group in an attempt to garner support. The only other character in there right now is Headband Goomba... Only one person has liked my post so far, and Jones hasn't responded so we're still waiting.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've been thinking...what if Rayman's trophy is part of a mutual agreement between Nintendo and Ubisoft to feature a cameo in each other's game? Rayman Legends gets Mario Bros. costumes and SSB4 gets a trophy of Rayman.

Top Bottom