• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd definitely love to see Moskito in some form, whether it be a boss or an assist trophy you can ride. Though I'd rather not have a stage boss on a Rayman stage, they're more of an annoyance than anything.

Mr. Dark, Razorbeard, Andre, and Ales Mansay need to be trophies, at least.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux have you thought about do a Twitter Campain for Rayman?
I don't have Twatter nor do I care to ever get it.

Not that it'll make a difference, as the roster is done.

Though it's very important that people come here to show their support, as people from Nintendo have admitted to visiting this site and are likely to still be visiting. Even if Rayman isn't playable, just with the fact that he's even a trophy, if they see that enough people really want Rayman then he'll at least be on their minds if DLC ever becomes a thing.

But I'm fairly confident that Rayman's chances are strong based on various bits of evidence towards his inclusion.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't have Twatter nor do I care to ever get it.

Not that it'll make a difference, as the roster is done.

Though it's very important that people come here to show their support, as people from Nintendo have admitted to visiting this site and are likely to still be visiting. Even if Rayman isn't playable, just with the fact that he's even a trophy, if they see that enough people really want Rayman then he'll at least be on their minds if DLC ever becomes a thing.

But I'm fairly confident that Rayman's chances are strong based on various bits of evidence towards his inclusion.
maybe you could use twitter to bring him in as dlc.

Also:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/1...rabbids-rumble-and-rabbids-travel-in-time-3d/

EDIT: disregard that image attached idk how it happened

Attachments

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Why

Again, I don't use Twatter.
Just sitting and waiting for the final roster to be leaked or something, so I can at least know if Rayman is in or not.
Hey at least it has rayman origins, I thought it was going to be a collection of ACTUAL Rayman platformers..., ah well.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I never really liked the Rabbids. At Least it has Origins it should had have Legends with it. Look at that Comment box pretty negative! And I thought Nintendo Fans liked Rayman.
I'm pretty sure the comment box there is always negative...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Get that negative out of here, we need to think happy thoughts!

Like Rayman being in Smash, yeah, that's a happy thought.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If we got an Origins stage, I'd say this guy.
View attachment 21922
Though with Rayman 3 being my personal favorite in the series, Reflux would be awesome, if just for his boss theme alone.
Man I would love for that mockingbird boss to swoop in, try to land on people and blow fighters off the stage with its breath. I love that senile bird.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of stages, one that I would absolutely love to see is Band Land from Rayman 1. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of the first Rayman, but Band Land was something that stuck with me when it came to the series. It's one of the first levels I think of when I think Rayman.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of stages, one that I would absolutely love to see is Band Land from Rayman 1. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of the first Rayman, but Band Land was something that stuck with me when it came to the series. It's one of the first levels I think of when I think Rayman.
OOOOOO that brings back some memories and I would love that.

Btw add me to the support thread. I'm more of a villain supporter but I love the old limbless king.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
So I got to play Smash 4 (both versions) at Festigame 2014 (the Chilean equivalent of E3) yesterday.

One thing I tried out was Smash Run, and when you finish playing and win the match, you're rewarded with random trophies. The trophy I got for winning was one of Luigi, but it wasn't of his "falling down" pose he uses for his main Smash 4 pose. Instead, it had him wielding Poltergust and the trophy's name was indeed "Luigi (With Poltergust)".

This definitely adds to the fact that playable characters are getting multiple trophies, so the pose Rayman has in his revealed trophy may not be his main pose assuming he is indeed playable.
He Already has two trophies One where it looks like he is drunk while the other is lower quality but he looks more sober

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
He Already has two trophies One where it looks like he is drunk while the other is lower quality but he looks more sober
Were they confirmed to be both from the Wii U version? My guess is that the lower quality one is the 3DS version.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Were they confirmed to be both from the Wii U version? My guess is that the lower quality one is the 3DS version.
It's not actually lower quality, both are in the OP and you can tell that they are both from the Wii U version.

And the differences between the trophies are undeniably apparent, which is one of the major things pointing towards him.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Rayman in Smash 4 has my full support! The idea of him being playable is just so damn fun!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Before anyone jumps in here with that "box art," I'd like to remind you all that a company only needs to be credited if their character appears on the packaging. Ape Inc. isn't credited, and I highly doubt both of them are cut.

Rayman and Snake are still in this race. Some are trying to say that the picture of only Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man deconfirms any other third parties, but that isn't the case. The text roughly translates to "guest characters join!" not all of them.

Right now we play the waiting game for the game to release, less than four weeks remain.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
To add to what @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux said, I want to point out that the boxart for Melee (American and Japanese) does not list INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, since Marth and Roy are nowhere to be seen in it.

slickrick13

Smash Rookie
Were did you guys
Before anyone jumps in here with that "box art," I'd like to remind you all that a company only needs to be credited if their character appears on the packaging. Ape Inc. isn't credited, and I highly doubt both of them are cut.

Rayman and Snake are still in this race. Some are trying to say that the picture of only Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man deconfirms any other third parties, but that isn't the case. The text roughly translates to "guest characters join!" not all of them.

Right now we play the waiting game for the game to release, less than four weeks remain.

Where is the box art for this as proof or is it speculation. And where did you fins this information at because I want to read it myself:)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Were did you guys

Where is the box art for this as proof or is it speculation. And where did you fins this information at because I want to read it myself:)
Where have'ye been all day, mate?

There is no box art, but a download card for the 3DS version has already been released in Japan.

This has been all over the place all day, and while detractors have gone wild with it, it means nothing at this point.

slickrick13

Smash Rookie
Where have'ye been all day, mate?

There is no box art, but a download card for the 3DS version has already been released in Japan.

This has been all over the place all day, and while detractors have gone wild with it, it means nothing at this point.
This is interesting, and if there was a Ubisoft rep, would there be a copyright right after BANDI NAMCO Games Inc because I don't see it. This is the official box art for the 3DS after all.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This is interesting, and if there was a Ubisoft rep, would there be a copyright right after BANDI NAMCO Games Inc because I don't see it. This is the official box art for the 3DS after all.
I put "box art" in quotations for a reason. This isn't box art.

And only characters on the box need to be credited to their company, otherwise Ness and Lucas are deconfirmed.

slickrick13

Smash Rookie
I put "box art" in quotations for a reason. This isn't box art.

And only characters on the box need to be credited to their company, otherwise Ness and Lucas are deconfirmed.
My error,LOL. I know Ness is going to be in the game anyway, but which company he represents? I'm not big on Earthbound so I wouldn't know.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My error,LOL. I know Ness is going to be in the game anyway, but which company he represents? I'm not big on Earthbound so I wouldn't know.
Ape Inc./Shigesato Itoi

Another thing to note: Intelligence Systems was not credited on Melee's box, despite both Marth and Roy being in the game. They were secret characters, however, which lends credence to Rayman/Snake possibly being hidden.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I have to say, hidden 3rd parties would be the ultimate curve ball. And amazing. I can still hope for Snake, Rayman, and Professor Layton.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not officially deconfirmed but might as well be.... we have no clue what Sakurai is doing at this point
That is typically the case. The same was true with Brawl. Sakurai never truely gives us what we want or expect but he gives us a great product. Despite the complaints at the time, the Brawl roster was amazing. I expected this roster to be even better.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
That is typically the case. The same was true with Brawl. Sakurai never truely gives us what we want or expect but he gives us a great product. Despite the complaints at the time, the Brawl roster was amazing. I expected this roster to be even better.
this is indeed true and even if Rayman isn't in there.. there is still a huge chance he's considered as DLC because of him being a freaking 3rd party trophy

volbound1700

Smash Master
By the looks it, I think hes decomfirmed, but there's always DLC. The roster is amazing neither or less and I can't wait to play some Smash in October XD
I don't like his chances as well but it isn't official be that he is deconfirmed. Yet I saw in some threads on here that he is labeled as deconfirmed. I wanted to know if there has been an official deconfirmed. If not, then the link to this thread should be re-added and he should be removed from the deconfirmed character list.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I never really liked the Rabbids. At Least it has Origins, Look at that Comment box pretty negative! And I thought Nintendo Fans liked Rayman.
Rayman Origins is on Nintendo 3DS So yes it is the Rayman/Rabbids 3DS Collection,
And I did not play Rayman or Rabbids so I will buy Rayman/Rabbids 3DS Collection

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Rayman Origins is on Nintendo 3DS So yes it is the Rayman/Rabbids 3DS Collection,
And I did not play Rayman or Rabbids so I will buy Rayman/Rabbids 3DS Collection
the Rayman Origins 3ds version is REALLY BAD the 3d doesn't work well and the controls are poopy.
the rabbids games on 3ds are also pure poo so don't even bother getting that game.
you're better of getting the pc version

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
the Rayman Origins 3ds version is REALLY BAD the 3d doesn't work well and the controls are poopy.
the rabbids games on 3ds are also pure poo so don't even bother getting that game.
you're better of getting the pc version
But I can't do it on Pc

Top Bottom