• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
3 AT trophy ideas that you guys said, plus one I made up

1.Globox
2.Murphy
3.Barbara(She would be in her 3d self, will make that noise when you release her, and then run at you with the running animation in Legends, and will use her axe to damage you with 12% per hit, and there would be a total of 5 axe hits she will do until she disappears, when will also do the axe slashing animation from Legends, if the opponent is in the air, then Barbaras wings on top of her helmet will make her fly and then she can attack.
I was about to go on about double posting again, when I realized that you're two different people.

...With the exact same avatar. There's far too much Unwonderful 101 in this thread.

With that said, Razorbeard in the Grolgoth could be a cool assist. Or stage boss if it's too Ridley big.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mr Dark or Murphy seem the best Assist Trophies to me. Murphy because of the GamePad gimmick in Legends, and Mr Dark because his flame pillars and fireballs are relatively simple attacks, as is the case with most ATs.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
I was about to go on about double posting again, when I realized that you're two different people.

...With the exact same avatar. There's far too much Unwonderful 101 in this thread.

With that said, Razorbeard in the Grolgoth could be a cool assist. Or stage boss if it's too Ridley big.
u wot m8

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521

u wot m8[2]

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know, I'm thinking of writing up my own personal review of Rayman Legends (Wii U) and to tell people why Rayman still have strong ties with Nintendo.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
The power of wonderfulism compels you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, can anyone see my signature? it wont allow me to see the images, just has a X on it and right clicking it and pressing "Show Picture" wont do anything.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux sign me up for Rayman supporter

Wow, I still cant believe this forum website hasn't been taken over by namesnipes, like the username "god" not sure if its namesniped or not.

Last edited:

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
Hello? Is anybody there?
Basically, every support thread is like this, since its going to take a hell amount of weeks till we actually have some new SSB4 news from Nintendo, like actual ones, DLC, etc, but there really isn't that much to talk about since theirs nothing new and we already covered this all.
also, im Golden sun btw, and Rayman! is not me.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Basically, every support thread is like this, since its going to take a hell amount of weeks till we actually have some new SSB4 news from Nintendo, like actual ones, DLC, etc, but there really isn't that much to talk about since theirs nothing new and we already covered this all.
also, im Golden sun btw, and Rayman! is not me.

Yeah, I guess you're right. The lack of Smash Bros news does take a lot of steam away from making any conversation.

Hey there, Golden Sun! You've changed your username and avatar, right?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Like W O N D E R said, there isn't exactly much to talk about. I forgot this thread even had new replies.

Then again, I've been occupied in other things and my own support thread, too.
In that case, I might as well go and focus on my own things for a while. When I get Smash Bros Wii U, I'll be posting screenshots of my Rayman-themed custom stages here, as well as trophy shots of Rayman and co. See you then.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Hello? Is anybody there?
Yeah, I'm here. I think the last thing any Rayman 4 Smash supporter would want is to have this thread buried within hundreds of other threads in the community, but the problem is, there isn't really much to talk about. Except for a couple of ideas here and there, Rayman basically has everything set out for him. We've done everything, talking movesets, stages, assist trophies, fighting off haters, costumes, stats, all the good stuff. It's just a matter of time before Nintendo announces something, and if it's Rayman in Smash Bros. as a playable character, we'll fill this thread with hype. Just be patient, guys!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
In any case, I have some ideas for some custom Rayman-themed stages in my head that I hope to create:

- A drawing of Rayman himself
- The words Rayman
- Some sections of the Dojo from Rayman Legends
- An arena based on Kung-Foot, similar to the Smash-ketball stage
- A bit of Band Land
- The first stage from the Cloud of Darkness boss fight (one of the custom backgrounds in the Stage Builder is a volcanic setting, which would be perfect for this)

One thing I hope they would do is to add more customizable parts for Stage Builder in a future update. The design choices seems disappointingly limited. For example, for the Band Land stage I mentioned, I want to add some slippery ice platforms similar to the slippery sheet bars in the game, but there aren't any ice-based platforms to choose from.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To those who still think that Rayman isn't relevant on Nintendo consoles today, you might want to check this out:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/546017145721999360
I saw this on Facebook.

Rayman might have a shot right now if he is considered for DLC.... but if he is not in SSB4 as a DLC character, then he is back to square one... who knows how relevant Rayman (and Ubisoft) might be to Nintendo in about 4-6 years when Nintendo/Sakurai decide to make SSB5.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I saw this on Facebook.

Rayman might have a shot right now if he is considered for DLC.... but if he is not in SSB4 as a DLC character, then he is back to square one... who knows how relevant Rayman (and Ubisoft) might be to Nintendo in about 4-6 years when Nintendo/Sakurai decide to make SSB5.

That's what I'm worried about at this point, if he'll ever decide to make a SSB5.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I saw this on Facebook.

While it certainly doesn't hurt his chances, I'd like to remind everyone of Solid Snake.

Sakurai's criteria of what third party characters doesn't include "must be close to Nintendo." He'll very much add whichever character he feels like. Since he added Snake on request from a friend, Rayman could be possible if Ubisoft requested it.

And I'm fairly certain that Ubisoft requested it but were just too late for the main game. We just have to wait for DLC proper.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
While it certainly doesn't hurt his chances, I'd like to remind everyone of Solid Snake.

Sakurai's criteria of what third party characters doesn't include "must be close to Nintendo." He'll very much add whichever character he feels like. Since he added Snake on request from a friend, Rayman could be possible if Ubisoft requested it.

And I'm fairly certain that Ubisoft requested it but were just too late for the main game. We just have to wait for DLC proper.

Yeah. Anyway, I know I said this before, but I'm sick of some people still thinking that Rayman doesn't deserve to get in because of Nintendo and Ubisoft's 'poor relationship' as of now. Capcom hasn't even announced a single brand new Mega Man game since the cancelled Legends 3 game, yet Mega Man still got in. How hypocritical can people get these days?

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
In any case, I have some ideas for some custom Rayman-themed stages in my head that I hope to create:

- A drawing of Rayman himself
- The words Rayman
- Some sections of the Dojo from Rayman Legends
- An arena based on Kung-Foot, similar to the Smash-ketball stage
- A bit of Band Land
- The first stage from the Cloud of Darkness boss fight (one of the custom backgrounds in the Stage Builder is a volcanic setting, which would be perfect for this)

One thing I hope they would do is to add more customizable parts for Stage Builder in a future update. The design choices seems disappointingly limited. For example, for the Band Land stage I mentioned, I want to add some slippery ice platforms similar to the slippery sheet bars in the game, but there aren't any ice-based platforms to choose from.
The Kung Foot Stage actually sounds awesome! If I recall, there IS a soccer ball item in Smash Bros. Wii U, so it would fit perfectly if you built the stage and turned on that item. Goodnight everybody! All you would need is a scoring system, though, or a way to K.O. your opponents when you score. Unfortunately, the stage creation tools aren't Little Big Planet all that diverse.

Yeah. Anyway, I know I said this before, but I'm sick of some people still thinking that Rayman doesn't deserve to get in because of Nintendo and Ubisoft's 'poor relationship' as of now. Capcom hasn't even announced a single brand new Mega Man game since the cancelled Legends 3 game, yet Mega Man still got in. How hypocritical can people get these days?
A lot of people in America are hippos.
Even Obama is a hippo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Has anyone gone and made a Rayman Mii Fighter yet? I dunno just to pass the time between news.
I made one but still don't have that SD card set up to take snapshots to show it off. I'll catch one on phone camera when I get the chance.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Has anyone gone and made a Rayman Mii Fighter yet? I dunno just to pass the time between news.
I made one but still don't have that SD card set up to take snapshots to show it off. I'll catch one on phone camera when I get the chance.
Not the Miis, NOT THE MIIS!!!:crazy:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll make a confession....

I've never owned a Rayman game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There was one shown maybe a page or two ago.

BLASPHEMY

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
The only Rayman games I've owned are Rayman 1 on the PC and the DSi port, Rayman Origins for the Wii and Rayman Legends for the Wii U.
I have played Rayman 2 before and I have heard good things about it. I would probably get a copy of the N64 version one day.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
For Rayman 1, you can get the DSi version from the 3DS eShop or download Rayman Forever from this website: http://www.gog.com/game/rayman_forever

Rayman Forever was the version of Rayman 1 that I got and beaten, but the CD doesn't work with my laptop. :( I heard that there was a patch to work this around, but I haven't really had much success with it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pac-Man was the first game I ever played, but Rayman is the first game I ever owned for myself.

I've gotten every game in the series (bar a few handheld titles) since. Even the first Rabbids game...

Rayman 2 is still my favorite of the bunch, and my second favorite game ever.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So I went ahead and posted the group's journal in dA, where it mentions this thread, the Twitter account, and the contest which I updated. You can read it all right here: http://fav.me/d8axsu0

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice

The only Rayman game I have ever played was Rayman 2 for the N64. And only recently, I started playing Rayman Legends. I also wanted to get Rayman 3 to exploit the new power-ups he got, but was too lazy to get it.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Still can't find that Project M SD card. So I went ahead and got another one. Project M lives another day ....somewhere.
So yeah, that Rayman Mii Fighter I said I would show. :L

Went with the Protective Suit (or whatever it's called) so the white on his arms and legs could represent transparency. But then the purple streak ruins it.....

Another angle with bonus Tatsumi Swordsman even though it's completely irrelevant to the topic :L

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Still can't find that Project M SD card. So I went ahead and got another one. Project M lives another day ....somewhere.
So yeah, that Rayman Mii Fighter I said I would show. :L

Went with the Protective Suit (or whatever it's called) so the white on his arms and legs could represent transparency. But then the purple streak ruins it.....

Another angle with bonus Tatsumi Swordsman even though it's completely irrelevant to the topic :L

What sort of powers do you use to give to your Rayman Mii?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
What sort of powers do you use to give to your Rayman Mii?
For the specials,
Neutral B is the Charging Uppercut.
Side B is the Punching Rush thing I forget what its called.
Up B is the Helicopter Kick since it has the word helicopter in it :L
Down B is the Headbutt Ground pound.
I forget what the equipment is but he's 2/3s Speed and 1/3 Power in the little stat circle thing.

Top Bottom