• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Quite the big event! Next year marks a milestone for Rayman, he turns twenty!

Twenty years in the Glade of Dreams, quite the anniversary!
What?! Raymans anniversary is the 20th Sept? holy crap I forgot!

Last edited:

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Everyday I rush home from school to see any SSB4 news on anything, nothing, man I really wish to see what Nintendo is doing right now any SSB4 related

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
It's probably just CrashBoards.

Still figuring out Twitter, but I think I've got the gist of it. It's a good idea to not spam Sakurai, he doesn't even speak English.

Yeah, I should learn not to go overboard with these kinds of things. But whenever I post to Sakurai, I translate what I say to him in Japanese text via Google Translate, so that sort of helps.

Anyway, for Rayman's 20th, we all should do something special. Like an art collage or something.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah, I should learn not to go overboard with these kinds of things. But whenever I post to Sakurai, I translate what I say to him in Japanese text via Google Translate, so that sort of helps.

Anyway, for Rayman's 20th, we all should do something special. Like an art collage or something.
I read a recent issue of gameinformer and sakurai was doing a special column in it. He said if you have questions but don't know Japanese just send it in English, because it's easier for him to read that than translated Japanese.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I read a recent issue of gameinformer and sakurai was doing a special column in it. He said if you have questions but don't know Japanese just send it in English, because it's easier for him to read that than translated Japanese.

Now he tells me.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Wow. Rayman's turning twenty? I feel so old. xP

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I really hope that they do something with that demo of a 3D Rayman... Since Ancel wants to make another story driven title like Rayman 2, but with more open gameplay. Perfect for his big 20th! I've wanted something like it for years...

I wonder how far along BGE2 is.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This makes me wish that Rayman would be made playable as DLC by now, not only because we all want him, but to prove people like them wrong big time.
I know exactly how you feel... I am satisfied that Smashchu is wrong. :4duckhunt:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What happened? Was there an argument?
Basically, he was like "oh i dont want third party dlc" many pages back, then it spiraled into an argument where he disrespectfully tried to defend his stance, eventually culminating in him using some economics law; the Law Of Diminishing Marginal Utility, just to say that "oh more than 3 third parties will be silly".

After claiming that nobody tried to counter the augment, I went ahead and did it myself. He hasn't appeared since.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Basically, he was like "oh i dont want third party dlc" many pages back, then it spiraled into an argument where he disrespectfully tried to defend his stance, eventually culminating in him using some economics law; the Law Of Diminishing Marginal Utility, just to say that "oh more than 3 third parties will be silly".

After claiming that nobody tried to counter the augment, I went ahead and did it myself. He hasn't appeared since.
You know... about that Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility... I felt like the excess of solo modes made SSB4 boring to me... All-Star is tolerable... Classic 3DS is decent... Classic Wii U is awful... Orders, ugh... Smash Tour is a snooze... Smash Run is the best new solo mode but it's 3DS exclusive... Trophy Rush is much more fun than Melee Lottery and Brawl Coin Launcher... Stadium mini-games and Events are the same more or less (I actually like Target Blast)... ahh, it's mainly the Classic and All-Star modes made boring and repetitive by playing them with all 51 playable characters... I hate that these modes are required to get playable character trophies.

Smash (multiplayer) mode is still fun after 15 years.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know... about that Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility... I felt like the excess of solo modes made SSB4 boring to me... All-Star is tolerable... Classic 3DS is decent... Classic Wii U is awful... Orders, ugh... Smash Tour is a snooze... Smash Run is the best new solo mode but it's 3DS exclusive... Trophy Rush is much more fun than Melee Lottery and Brawl Coin Launcher... Stadium mini-games and Events are the same more or less (I actually like Target Blast)... ahh, it's mainly the Classic and All-Star modes made boring and repetitive by playing them with all 51 playable characters... I hate that these modes are required to get playable character trophies.

Smash (multiplayer) mode is still fun after 15 years.
In all fairness, you're not forced to do everything. Single player I see as the extra stuff; when multiplayer is unavailable to you for whatever reason or the same multiplayer bores you. Sure, it being needed for the character trophies is a chore, but again, you're not forced to do all of it, unless you're The Completionist really dedicated to it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In all fairness, you're not forced to do everything. Single player I see as the extra stuff; when multiplayer is unavailable to you for whatever reason or the same multiplayer bores you. Sure, it being needed for the character trophies is a chore, but again, you're not forced to do all of it, unless you're The Completionist really dedicated to it.
Yeah... I hate having an OCD since I want the playable character trophies to be ordered in a certain order (left to right from top to bottom based on the character select screen) because Sakurai thought it was a brilliant idea to record all trophies obtained. I didn't need to concern myself with that in Melee and Brawl because it wasn't recorded.

Sorry about going off-topic... I just don't like my activites being recorded... I don't want the game to tell me which characters I hated the most or sucked the most.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Rayman may as well be confirmed with how badly he seemed to not want him! :4pacman:

Rooting for the underdog and duck can be difficult at times.
To be honest, I never really cared much for the DH when they were leaked at first. Heck, I didn't really cared much for Pac-Man either. But I eventually got over it and learned to accept them. I admit, when I saw the trailer for DH, I couldn't help but to see how cute they are working together. My initial resentment was mainly due to my frustrations of Rayman not being announced as playable by the time. It didn't help that Nintendo of Canada stated that what the rep said about him being playable was a mistake and that he was only a trophy. Still, I'm willing to try out both Pac-Man and DH as soon as I get my Wii U copy this month, as well as doing photos with the Rayman trophies.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I don't really think it was worth fighting over anyway. Remember, this is just a video game, a video game where you can play as your favorite video game character and fight other video game characters to the death. People shouldn't take Rayman's appearance so damn seriously. It's just two companies who are, for the most part, friendly to each other working for one big cause. It's not actually going to effect anybody, the characters aren't real, so get over it people! (P.S. "Damn" is as far as I go with mean words. Now where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald?)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, what music would you guys want to play in Rayman's trailer? I think Grannies World Tour and Dragon Slayer would fit pretty well (though the latter would be impossible since it's a licensed track).

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I don't really think it was worth fighting over anyway. Remember, this is just a video game, a video game where you can play as your favorite video game character and fight other video game characters to the death. People shouldn't take Rayman's appearance so damn seriously. It's just two companies who are, for the most part, friendly to each other working for one big cause. It's not actually going to effect anybody, the characters aren't real, so get over it people! (P.S. "Damn" is as far as I go with mean words. Now where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald?)

I know, right? I mean, the only excuse they have for not wanting him in Smash Bros is mainly to spite Ubisoft for making Rayman Legends multiplatform. If memory serves me right, I believe in addition due to the low sales of the Wii U at its initial launch, the reason why the game went multiplat was due to fan demand of people wanting the game to be on the 360 and PS3, so Ubisoft can't take all of the hate for this. In any case, should Rayman be finally make playable in DLC around next year, I would die a happy gamer. I wouldn't care what other people would say about him. As long as we're satisfied, then that's all that matters.

BTW, a good friend of mine on dA is working on a Smash Bros fan comic, and it features Rayman as one of the main characters, along with Mario and Sonic and others. He's still working on the second chapter, but I highly recommend reading it. You can catch up with it here: Super Smash Bros Fellowship

Here's a piece of his art in case you're wondering:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I know, right? I mean, the only excuse they have for not wanting him in Smash Bros is mainly to spite Ubisoft for making Rayman Legends multiplatform. If memory serves me right, I believe in addition due to the low sales of the Wii U at its initial launch, the reason why the game went multiplat was due to fan demand of people wanting the game to be on the 360 and PS3, so Ubisoft can't take all of the hate for this. In any case, should Rayman be finally make playable in DLC around next year, I would die a happy gamer. I wouldn't care what other people would say about him. As long as we're satisfied, then that's all that matters.

BTW, a good friend of mine on dA is working on a Smash Bros fan comic, and it features Rayman as one of the main characters, along with Mario and Sonic and others. He's still working on the second chapter, but I highly recommend reading it. You can catch up with it here: Super Smash Bros Fellowship

Here's a piece of his art in case you're wondering:
Although, they could and should have released the already finished wii u version. At least for me, a timed exclusive would have been good enough

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So, what music would you guys want to play in Rayman's trailer? I think Grannies World Tour and Dragon Slayer would fit pretty well (though the latter would be impossible since it's a licensed track).
I'd say either Grannies World Tour or Rayman Legends Main Theme/Tower of Babel.

BTW, we should talk about the ideas for Rayman's trailer.

My idea would be sort of based on the intro of Rayman Legends, all of it done in Ubiart style, in which the scene opens up at the Snoring Tree with the Bubble Dreamer and Murfy. The bubbles then show the Smash Bros gang fighting. Intrigued, the Bubble Dreamer tells Murfy to go and wake up 'their legendary hero' about this. The scene then cuts to fighters, namely Mario, Mega Man, Pac Man, and Sonic, battling out in the moonlit canyon from the past trailers, still in Ubiart style. After a while, out of nowhere, they're taken by surprise by a disembodied fist thrown at them. They turn to look and see Rayman standing, getting ready to strike, with the captions reading "Rayman fights with the Legends!", and with the Legends Main Theme playing.

(Yes, I did that myself)

Then it shows a gameplay montage of Rayman in various stages, including his home stage. The trailer cuts back to the canyon, after Rayman beats away the fighters, Bowser sneaks up on him and is ready to attack when suddenly Murfy shows up and starts tickling Bowser ala the enemies in Legends, stopping him in his tracks. Rayman turns and knocks him away with a wind up fist. Both Rayman and Murfy high five each other. The trailer goes back to show more gameplay footage, including Murfy as an Assist trophy, doing what he did to Bowser to the other fighters. The trailer ends with Rayman standing among Mario and the crew, and they charge at each other for one final attack, with the trailer ending at there.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

My idea would be sort of based on the intro of Rayman Legends, all of it done in Ubiart style, in which the scene opens up at the Snoring Tree with the Bubble Dreamer and Murfy. The bubbles then show the Smash Bros gang fighting. Intrigued, the Bubble Dreamer tells Murfy to go and wake up 'their legendary hero' about this. The scene then cuts to fighters, namely Mario, Mega Man, Pac Man, and Sonic, battling out in the moonlit canyon from the past trailers, still in Ubiart style. After a while, out of nowhere, they're taken by surprise by a disembodied fist thrown at them. They turn to look and see Rayman standing, getting ready to strike, with the captions reading "Rayman fights with the Legends!", and with the Legends Main Theme playing.

(Yes, I did that myself)

Then it shows a gameplay montage of Rayman in various stages, including his home stage. The trailer cuts back to the canyon, after Rayman beats away the fighters, Bowser sneaks up on him and is ready to attack when suddenly Murfy shows up and starts tickling Bowser ala the enemies in Legends, stopping him in his tracks. Rayman turns and knocks him away with a wind up fist. Both Rayman and Murfy high five each other. The trailer goes back to show more gameplay footage, including Murfy as an Assist trophy, doing what he did to Bowser to the other fighters. The trailer ends with Rayman standing among Mario and the crew, and they charge at each other for one final attack, with the trailer ending at there.
I actually had a similar idea for his trailer, though my ending was different. It had Rayman, Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man sleeping in a scene similar to the intro of Origins. I actually sketched that a while ago.
Don't know why I drew Mario in a fetal position though :p

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

(Yes, I did that myself)

OMG, Murfy as an assist would be the greatest thing ever and it fits so damn well

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the first 22 seconds of Mysterious Swamps, some intermediaries from Babel Tower, and Grannies World Tour can conclude after Rayman's wordplay, which could be "Rayman Dashes to the Fray".

By the way, love the Murfy Assist Trophy idea.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Maybe the first 22 seconds of Mysterious Swamps, some intermediaries from Babel Tower, and Grannies World Tour can conclude after Rayman's wordplay, which could be "Rayman Dashes to the Fray".

By the way, love the Murfy Assist Trophy idea.

Nice! I figured those would be good music selections for the trailer.

You know, I find it funny that the third party characters have Assist Trophies based on their enemies/rivals, such as Shadow for Sonic, the Ghosts for Pac Man, Grey Fox for Snake, and Elec Man for Mega Man. So Rayman would stand out in terms of being the only third party to have an ally rather than a rival to act as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
I really cant wait till Rayman comes to SSB4, really, after these past days, I just feel like its boring and no news about Rayman, they should really make the 3rd party hero more unique then he already was.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
3 AT trophy ideas that you guys said, plus one I made up

1.Globox
2.Murphy
3.Barbara(She would be in her 3d self, will make that noise when you release her, and then run at you with the running animation in Legends, and will use her axe to damage you with 12% per hit, and there would be a total of 5 axe hits she will do until she disappears, when will also do the axe slashing animation from Legends, if the opponent is in the air, then Barbaras wings on top of her helmet will make her fly and then she can attack.

Top Bottom