• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Strofirko

Smash Master
It is weird,they have their 3D models,even their main concept being in 2D,and the way they are introduced,it comes in my head what ubisoft still considers canon on rayman universe and what it doesn't...

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Just scrolling through this thread here.

This is getting a little more suspicious.
We knew Rayman had a trophy from the Pics of the Day months ago. Apparently Ubisoft provided a full 3d set of models for Rayman.

They reaaaaaally wanted him in.

He wasn't.

But it certainly can't hurt his DLC chances.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
We knew Rayman had a trophy from the Pics of the Day months ago. Apparently Ubisoft provided a full 3d set of models for Rayman.

They reaaaaaally wanted him in.

He wasn't.

But it certainly can't hurt his DLC chances.
This actually helps him quite a bit since this franchise specifically is getting a lot of love in Smash.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This actually helps him quite a bit since this franchise specifically is getting a lot of love in Smash.
What doesn't help the franchise is actually my second favorite smash-clone (Right behind the Jump Stars series). Two Rabbids were playable in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash Up. Which I will say as far as smash clones go has better gameplay than Playstation All Stars, Sonic Battle (though my opinion of it being better than Sonic Battle Fluctuates to which I played more recently) and Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion. I might even put it above Kirby Fighters Z just because of the much more full roster.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Three Rayman trophies?

I'm finding it really hard to believe this doesn't mean something. Even if more dlc isn't currently planned, Rayman has certainly got his foot in the door.

Heck there's probably a Rabbid trophy at this rate.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Rabbid and Teensie. (I'm seeing all the Rayman Legends guys being in there. All we need are the Teensies)
What doesn't help the franchise is actually my second favorite smash-clone (Right behind the Jump Stars series). Two Rabbids were playable in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash Up. Which I will say as far as smash clones go has better gameplay than Playstation All Stars, Sonic Battle (though my opinion of it being better than Sonic Battle Fluctuates to which I played more recently) and Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion. I might even put it above Kirby Fighters Z just because of the much more full roster.
I will disagree with you on it being better than PSASBR. But i agree with the rest of your statement.

Anyway, i don't think TMNT Smash Up will stop Rayman. Seeing as that game is not a series of fighters and was just a one time deal. Plus, Rabbids have become their own thing. I wouldn't believe that they'd hold back Rayman.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If anyone wants to start a petition, I'm down.

Though at the same time, I don't want Sakurai working himself anymore than he has... :c

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
If anyone wants to start a petition, I'm down.

Though at the same time, I don't want Sakurai working himself anymore than he has... :c
I honestly don't think a petition is even necessary. This honestly seems like an inevitability to me, Rayman's got content in the game, this isn't just a cameo. It looks like Ubisoft went to Sakurai to get Rayman into Smash too late, like Kojima in Melee, and with DLC a possibility this is one of the first things I could see Sakurai and his team doing.

Actually, gutsy prediction time. Next year is Rayman's 20th anniversary. In celebration of this we're going to get Rayman 4 announced alongside Rayman's inclusion in Smash Bros.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly don't think a petition is even necessary. This honestly seems like an inevitability to me, Rayman's got content in the game, this isn't just a cameo. It looks like Ubisoft went to Sakurai to get Rayman into Smash too late, like Kojima in Melee, and with DLC a possibility this is one of the first things I could see Sakurai and his team doing.
His chances look high, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry. We should still try to find ways to get Nintendo's attention.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't wanna get my hopes up too much. But the trophies and their descriptions are very charming. Barbara looks fiiiiine in 3D! :V

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The only real problem I have is the Rayman and Globox's trophies saying their first appearance is in Origins, which is just flat out wrong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only real problem I have is the Rayman and Globox's trophies saying their first appearance is in Origins, which is just flat out wrong.
It's not saying that, each trophy just notes one or two games the characters are from.

I think they just said Origins since it's still fairly fresh in people's minds. It's odd that they didn't list the Wii version though.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's not saying that, each trophy just notes one or two games the characters are from.

I think they just said Origins since it's still fairly fresh in people's minds. It's odd that they didn't list the Wii version though.
I've always thought the two games listed were their first and latest appearances. Huh, never knew that wasn't the case.
*Edit* Didn't notice the "appears in", other Smash games didn't have that.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
well well well would you look at this!

edit: sorry got excited didn't notice you guys posted it already ehehehehe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, this is excellent news for Rayman. He's got three trophies.

If Golden Sun gets Isaac and another character, I'll be set for this game.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's time to me to not be a silent supporter anymore; let me join the support group for Rayman. He's one of my childhood heroes alongside Mario, Link, Donkey Kong and Diddy, and I'd love to see him as a playable character in Smash. Since I joined the Smash speculation scene after Little Mac's reveal I didn't care much about him because I thought that Mega Man then later Pac-Man were realistically enough as third-party newcomers, and I was one of those people who thought that a potential newcomer character teased by being explicitely shown and named was a deconfirmation. Of course Dark Pit heavily disagreed, we should try to not believe those unwritten teasing-related rules sometimes :p

So today I watched GameXplain's video showing half a thousand trophies from SSB Wii U. I had fun reading some trophy descriptions (the Klinklang one is absolutely priceless) but when I saw the Globox trophy my jaw dropped. "No, they did it... THEY DID IT!!!" I was thinking. I was so confident that the Rayman trophy alone would be the only representation of his universe in Smash. Though I'm kinda grumpy that only Origin and Legends were referenced, I barely played Origin and never touched Legends, while my childhood Rayman games I played a lot were The Great Escape and Hoodlums Havoc. Though I'm going to pick some games in addition to Smash when I'll get my Wii U (I already planed to get the Wind Waker pack), and I'll probably pick Rayman Legends as one of those games!

The Rayman series representation in Smash being more than just a single cameo makes me really happy even without a playable character and with the theory of its 20th anniversary it increased my hopes for a playable Rayman DLC for next year, when those hopes were previously kinda low. Of course it's not going to happen before half of a year at the very least, but the decent possibility of this happening are worth the wait for me.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Christ, I'm gone all day playing the game and I miss all of this. I just jumped on because I found Globox's trophy myself, but I'm quite late. Barbara too though? It's almost criminal that Rayman isn't playable, this is the sort of trophy treatment that you wouldn't find unless there were a playable character for the franchise. I was hopeful before, but now I'd put money on Rayman DLC.

I'm still incredibly happy in the meantime, Globox! I bet the Grand Minimus will show up as well.

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Geez! Even Barbara?! What's next? The Raving Rabbids? The Teensies?! ...MURFY?

Now more than ever I want Rayman as a DLC. Now imagine a Rayman stage for SSB. Maybe some music from Rayman Legends. That'd be pretty cool.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. I'm still not sure what Rayman's logo would be though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Or the typical silhouette of Rayman's head that i see floating around as a possible icon.

A lot of people expected Mega Man's icon to be his helmet. So we can't just go with the obvious.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope they still have drunk rayman as a trophy.

domokl

Smash Lord
Yeah i feel his dlc chances are pretty good now.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I took a Miiverse screenshot of the Globox trophy for better quality. Don't have the Barbara one yet.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
can you maybe make a phone quality movie of the trophy spinning around? I wanna see that glute's butt!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've expected Glowbox since he's Rayman's BFF, but Barbara? Now that was bittersweet and nostalgic considering how Ubisoft is ever since their brash decision to make Rayman Legends multiplatform (And the silly excuses over not having female assassins in Assassin's Creed). I would die happy the day my favorite hoodie wearing hero joins the battle as his own fighter.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Add me to the supporter's list. :)
I want all the DLC I can get!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Put me on the list as well, please. Rayman Origins is one of my favorite platformers of all time!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
After seeing the trophies of Globox and Barbara, I gained a bit more hope to see Rayman in Super Smash Bros. Regardless, this is his franchise's first step into the Super Smash Bros series, and I'd be satisfied with it even if he never makes it into Smash 4 as DLC. I'd be happy to support Rayman for Super Smash Bros in any point in time.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Add me on the list.
People, you shouldn't be expecting anything though. Sakurai could've added +50 more highly requested characters to the Wii U version, but he didn't. He doesn't even considere DLC that much, even though it would be obivous for this kind of game. If you look closely, this game doesn't differ much from Brawl. Patches are being made, but they're useless, low tier characters stay low tier.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Add me on the list.
People, you shouldn't be expecting anything though. Sakurai could've added +50 more highly requested characters to the Wii U version, but he didn't. He doesn't even considere DLC that much, even though it would be obivous for this kind of game. If you look closely, this game doesn't differ much from Brawl. Patches are being made, but they're useless, low tier characters stay low tier.
We haven't gotten any gameplay fixing patches yet.

All we got are some weird online bug fixes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom