• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, I may not have any fancy art to put here, but I just wanna say happy 20th anniversary to one of my favorite game characters ever.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Yet another B-day drawing, now from the artist Clara-Knight. Reflux's expression is hilarious xD

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Since we love Rayman so much, and it's his 20th anniversary, why don't we talk about our first Rayman game (And our favorite)?
I'll go first.

First game: Rayman 1 (Dsiware)
I boughtthis for my dsi back in 2010 and didn't regret it. I still have no idea why this got a 5/10 on nintendolife. This is awesome port of a really good game. The music, gameplay, and bosses were all memorable. The game was pretty hard too (I cheated on the final boss), but I had a lot of fun with it.

Favorite game: Rayman Origins (Wii)
This game is a blast with friends. The control feels smooth,the graphics and music are fantastic, the game is hilarious, and it's hard too (Missing a medal by a few lums kinda sucks though). Replaying it reminded me of why I want Rayman is Smash 4 DLC in the first place (He's still behind Wolf and Pichu in my want list though).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I've already said this many times but;

First Rayman: Rayman 1; loved that game to death, but has hard as Hell to beat.

Favorite Rayman; Rayman 2/3; Rayman 2 was the first 3D platformer I ever had at the time and was the best 3D platform when I first played it. I love the story, characters (Ly is my absolute favorite next to Razorbeard and Clark) and everything about 2 was amazing. Rayman 3 however, to me, did a lot of things to Rayman I love, design, voice, gameplay enhancements, etc, it's now my most favorite Rayman game to date, and I just love Rayman so much because of that game. But I just love the originally trilogy the most out of his career, just my own opinion though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't have any fancy drawing for Rayman's birthday (as hard as I tried), so the least I can do is swap out my sig.

Let's make it an anniversary to remember.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
For anyone that watches SomeCallMeJohnny, he now owns a copy of Rayman 3 on PC he got from TooManyGames. Expect a future review some day ahead of us.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
First Rayman game: Rayman 2 Demo CD, I played it at my mom's friend when I was about 7-8, and I loved it so much they let me have it, I've been obsessed with Rayman ever since.
Favorite Rayman game: Rayman 2/3, it's really hard to decide... I think they're pretty much equal to me in every way. I also love Rayman M (/Arena) almost as much, and a sequel with all the new characters mixed up with the old would be just perfect. If it was on the Wii U/3DS, stylus/pointer/gyro (Splatoon) controls for the shooter part of the game would be just.......... epic.

I guess I already kinda did a tribute for Rayman's 20th anniversary, but I'd like to do another... not sure if I have the energy for it though.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I owe a lot to Rayman.
Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast demo disk was one of the first games that I had ever played and as a result, it's one of my most nostalgic games.
Without Origins and Legends, my interest in platformers probably would've remained stagnant.
Without Rayman, I wouldn't have been able to meet you wonderful people.
Rayman.....
Thank you. For everything.
Happy 20th birthday!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Happy 20th Birthday Rayman!! :D :D :D My present to you? Being locked into a definite top 4! (Currently it's 1: King K. Rool, 2: Isaac 3: Inklings and 4: Rayman)

As for my first Rayman game, it had to be Rayman 3, Hoodlum Havoc. It was just one of the many games I bought as a kid on the GameCube and found it loved the gameplay and humour to it. Also loved the various power-ups in the game, and the boss battles were pretty challenging, not to mention André was an entertaining villain. (sorry if I'm slightly vague, since it's been a while since I've dedicated time playing it again, even though it was around 6 months or so ago when I last played Rayman 3.)
Favourite Rayman games: 3 and Legends. Both games I feel capture the best of Rayman's 2D and 3D adventures.

Just throwing in some birthday wishes before I go to bed, but I'm planning on a moveset for Rayman! It's just in the early days, but I'll be sure to make it interesting!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

this gif is amazing. Well, I may or may not draw something for him today, but, at least I'm going to say: Happy Birthday, Rayman! Thank you for being the Hero of my Childhood and my source of imspiration of all these years, I will never find a way to thank you enough.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

this gif is amazing. Well, I may or may not draw something for him today, but, at least I'm going to say: Happy Birthday, Rayman! Thank you for being the Hero of my Childhood and my source of imspiration of all these years, I will never find a way to thank you enough.
I was going to post that but forgot. But yeah, Happy Birthday Rayman. Thanks for being a part of my childhood.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Official image by Ubisoft, I would prefer a image with all the memorable characters from all his games, but this one is ok, I think.

Also, a new FAKE leak appeared with Rayman:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308477670

It's fake as you can see, they used the model from that guy:

Well, that's a nice image from Ubi, glad they did something.

And well, a "leak" appearing on the same day as Ray's birthday just spells fake...

AndreaAC

Official image by Ubisoft, I would prefer a image with all the memorable characters from all his games, but this one is ok, I think.

Also, a new FAKE leak appeared with Rayman:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308477670

It's fake as you can see, they used the model from that guy:

Wow, that giant sand cake looks... .u. delicious...? I would die of laughter if there was another pic where he is bitting it! xD

And yup, it is obviously a fake.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wow, that giant sand cake looks... .u. delicious...? I would die of laughter if there was another pic where he is bitting it! xD

And yup, it is obviously a fake.
It should have, with Globox and Murphy doing that.

And well, I'm actually kinda surprised the damned Rabbids aren't in that shot...but, that's good in my book.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Happy 20th Birthday, Rayman. Even if we don't get Rayman 4 or Smash DLC this year, we still have your other fantastic games to come back to.

AndreaAC

Happy 20th Birthday, Rayman. Even if we don't get Rayman 4 or Smash DLC this year, we still have your other fantastic games to come back to.
^ This, exactly. .3. I should play more of R3 today then.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm glad that at least Rayman is "still alive", because I couldn't say the same for Spyro or Crash (I like both of them), and I'm glad with him being in the actual time, of course I hope they make more games of him for consoles, but I'm happy with all the games he's received.

My first Rayman game: Rayman 2 for PSX.

Happy Birthday Rayman!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm glad that at least Rayman is "still alive", because I couldn't say the same for Spyro or Crash (I like both of them), and I'm glad with him being in the actual time, of course I hope they make more games of him for consoles, but I'm happy with all the games he's received.

Happy Birthday Rayman!
Thank god Ubi stopped with the Rabbids being with Rayman, or, we may not of had Rayman anymore.

So yeah, thank god for that, at least Rayman is still going. I still will care about the games he's given in my childhood the most, so there's that.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Happy Birthday Rayman!
Again ^ this. TT 3 TT I remember how I played R2 for the N64 for the first time, at first I was like "who is this guy?", I wasn't so sure if I was going to like him, but as I progressed, I ended up saying "He's awesome, his game in awesome, and I freakin' LOVE him." THAT was the point where he bacame what he's today for me, the Hero that marked my childhood forever and inspired me to do so many things, and well, one of them being choosing the designing career, in hopes to become a concept artist/3D modeler and many more things related to design! I still hope I can make a comic out of the story i'm making right now, at least part of it. Just like I said before, making things related to him is my way of saying thank you for existing.

Top Bottom