• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I can't believe you actually started analyzing it, though.
I figured it was a joke but...it's the internet, you can't tell what's a joke unless you say it is one.

And well, I just felt like being critical just for fun. But anyways, I have to point out if it was talking about Rayman, which...might not have really been even with the "Ray" part, that could be anyone, but it does seem a bit more possible, that's a cool little homage there.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Let me give you guys an exclusive behind the scenes look at how I created one of the worst jokes of all time.

So if you guys remember, about a day or two ago, you guys were complaining about how Shovel Knight would somehow take Rayman's spot in Smash, and that his chances were significantly decreased. Well, ever since that stupid debate, I've decided to make it a running gag that anything related to another character or Rayman himself somehow, in some strange way, decreases his chance of becoming playable (not really).

My first attempt at making this a joke was today with the Sonic the Hedgehog comic. I used the speech bubble right above Mega Man's to somehow make what he was saying a continuation.

Absolutely not. Good-bye, Ray!
This helped me come to the logical conclusion that Rayman is disconfirmed.

Get it?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
That Off-Panel joke is one of the most confusing things I've ever read. When I saw Mega Man yell "'Ray," I thought it was referring to Jonathan Gray, the penciler and inker for the gag. Then I thought about it more, and wondered if Rayman could get a comic. That's something I'm not opposed to. :p

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I just discovered something massive.

I found it in the 275th issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series, which is the 11th part of the Worlds Unite story arc by the way. Not only does this crossover include three Smash characters (:4sonic::4megaman::4ryu:), but it also includes this important message from Mega Man in the Off Panel section of the issue.

He's clearly talking about Rayman here, which obviously means that his chances of being included in Smash are significantly decreased, if not outright disconfirming him.
Eh, I personally hardly care about the whole World Unite Story Arc, let alone the entire Sonic Archie comics. To me, WU felt like they've taken rehashed parts of the more better received Worlds Collide Arc, which has gotten stale by now, and crammed with a bunch of other stuff that were either rushed and underdeveloped or just not needed at all. In a nutshell, WU is like an eclair made with expired filling. On the outside, it looks eye-catching and delectable, but once you've taken a bite out of it, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm sorry if what I said has offended anyone, both on the Sonic and Megaman sides. I just wanted to speak my mind.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Eh, I personally hardly care about the whole World Unite Story Arc, let alone the entire Sonic Archie comics. To me, WU felt like they've taken rehashed parts of the more better received Worlds Collide Arc, which has gotten stale by now, and crammed with a bunch of other stuff that were either rushed and underdeveloped or just not needed at all. In a nutshell, WU is like an eclair made with expired filling. On the outside, it looks eye-catching and delectable, but once you've taken a bite out of it, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm sorry if what I said has offended anyone, both on the Sonic and Megaman sides. I just wanted to speak my mind.
I'm more of a Mega Man guy to answer the last part. :p

Nah, it's okay. Worlds Unite started off pretty well, but the main issue is that the event is crammed. It has the exact opposite problem Maximum Carnage had. Whereas that comic could have been told in 4 issues, 6 or 7 at the very most, Worlds Unite needed to be longer. It should have done what Spider-Verse did, and have more books dedicated to the event. I also hate how underwhelming the ending is, since it just stops without resolution. It was cool seeing the other SEGA and Capcom franchises, and I'd like to believe that a SEGA X Capcom game will be in development at some point, but it's mainly a novelty. I don't think Worlds Unite is awful, since I still had fun with the event, but it was disappointing.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I'm more of a Mega Man guy to answer the last part. :p

Nah, it's okay. Worlds Unite started off pretty well, but the main issue is that the event is crammed. It has the exact opposite problem Maximum Carnage had. Whereas that comic could have been told in 4 issues, 6 or 7 at the very most, Worlds Unite needed to be longer. It should have done what Spider-Verse did, and have more books dedicated to the event. I also hate how underwhelming the ending is, since it just stops without resolution. It was cool seeing the other SEGA and Capcom franchises, and I'd like to believe that a SEGA X Capcom game will be in development at some point, but it's mainly a novelty. I don't think Worlds Unite is awful, since I still had fun with the event, but it was disappointing.
Well I'm not a comic fan, so that's one thing. I don't mind Sonic and Megaman crossing over once in a while, but we don't this to be a recurring thing that constantly slows down the main story line, even if I don't find that all interesting. The only crossover that I would care about is a non-Olympic Mario & Sonic adventure. That, and Rayman x anything.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Well I'm not a comic fan, so that's one thing. I don't mind Sonic and Megaman crossing over once in a while, but we don't this to be a recurring thing that constantly slows down the main story line, even if I don't find that all interesting. The only crossover that I would care about is a non-Olympic Mario & Sonic adventure. That, and Rayman x anything.
So my comic knowledge was alien to you? Good to know! :p

In all seriousness, I can see that Worlds Unite was a logical step forward in terms of the "True Blues," as I call them crossovers, but I do agree that it doesn't need to be an annual thing. Also, a Mario and Sonic crossover that's not Olympics needs to happen someday, and I mean NEEDS to happen.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

In all seriousness, I can see that Worlds Unite was a logical step forward in terms of the "True Blues," as I call them crossovers, but I do agree that it doesn't need to be an annual thing. Also, a Mario and Sonic crossover that's not Olympics needs to happen someday, and I mean NEEDS to happen.
What if they have a non Olympic Sonic and Mario crossover game and it gets announced at E3 of this year. Just watch something like that could easily be a bundle with the NX, or better yet, just have it at lunch. That would be hype over 9000 for me.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
What if they have a non Olympic Sonic and Mario crossover game and it gets announced at E3 of this year. Just watch something like that could easily be a bundle with the NX, or better yet, just have it at lunch. That would be hype over 9000 for me.
Have it at lunch? Yeah, I'd love to have a Mario/Sonic crossover be announced with my bowl of Cool Ranch Doritos. :p
While I argue that Mega Man/Sonic is a better overall crossover, a Mario/Sonic crossover is the more iconic and logical crossover considering the history of both respective franchises.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Every thing is pretty much alien to me. :p

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I just discovered something massive.

I found it in the 275th issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series, which is the 11th part of the Worlds Unite story arc by the way. Not only does this crossover include three Smash characters (:4sonic::4megaman::4ryu:), but it also includes this important message from Mega Man in the Off Panel section of the issue.

He's clearly talking about Rayman here, which obviously means that his chances of being included in Smash are significantly decreased, if not outright disconfirming him.
Why would this decrease his chances?Explain.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
clothes.jpg

Shay: "I feel weird wearing this, Rayman."

Rayman: "Oh, come on Master Shay, I know this isn't your Templar uniform, but you still look great!"

Shay: "..."

Rayman: "Please...smile a little!"

Rayman: "Uh...hehe...please, don't kill me."

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS xD Something random.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 70816

Shay: "I feel weird wearing this, Rayman."

Rayman: "Oh, come on Master Shay, I know this isn't your Templar uniform, but you still look great!"

Rayman: "Please...smile a little!"

Rayman: "Uh...hehe...please, don't kill me."

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS xD Something random.
xD Haha! That looks nice! Nice outfit for Shay! And Rayman is much smaller to Shay then I thought he was!

AndreaAC

xD Haha! That looks nice! Nice outfit for Shay! And Rayman is much smaller to Shay then I thought he was!
xD HAHA! I mostly got based from a "Shay hoodie" the Ubiworkshop had, and just like Ridley, I will never be consistant with their sizes! xD

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD HAHA! I mostly got based from a "Shay hoodie" the Ubiworkshop had, and just like Ridley, I will never be consistant with their sizes! x
=u= It really doesn't matter, just was something I thought was funny. xD But again, nicely done, nice idea to use for Shay!

AndreaAC

=u= It really doesn't matter, just was something I thought was funny. xD But again, nicely done, nice idea to use for Shay!
xD I think that whenever I feel lazy to draw him with his normal outfit, I will draw him with that one instead! and thanks again!

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I have returned from the abyss of lurking to bring this I made. If Rayman gets in, I post this gift on every thread I frequent. Feel free to use it if you so desire.

If this was already made here, I apologize for being redundant.

I'm also making a moveset, because that's always fun. So stay tuned for that too.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Wwwwait, no one has talked about the small Mario Maker/Ancel collaboration? Ancel did an official level for Mario Maker, and it was documented. And recently, they released a video where Miyamoto played it! (currently waiting for the translation) There's definitely some kind of connection going on between Ancel and Nintendo!
Raving Rabbids is mostly a Nintendo thing and that went on for years. Legends was originally made for Wii U. If Nintendo is mad (even though they aren't, they aren't the basic hating kids, it's a fact, that going multiplatform with Legends was a good decision), they're mad at Ubisoft, not Ancel/Rayman. Legends was one of the highest rated Wii U games (#1 on Gamerankings and #3 on Metacritic). Rayman definitely deserved those trophies in Smash Bros.
I know this is just basic info which everybody knows, but I'm feeling (it) really good about the connection with Nintendo and Rayman's chances right now.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wwwwait, no one has talked about the small Mario Maker/Ancel collaboration? Ancel did an official level for Mario Maker, and it was documented. And recently, they released a video where Miyamoto played it! (currently waiting for the translation) There's definitely some kind of connection going on between Ancel and Nintendo!
Raving Rabbids is mostly a Nintendo thing and that went on for years. Legends was originally made for Wii U. If Nintendo is mad (even though they aren't, they aren't the basic hating kids, it's a fact, that going multiplatform with Legends was a good decision), they're mad at Ubisoft, not Ancel/Rayman. Legends was one of the highest rated Wii U games (#1 on Gamerankings and #3 on Metacritic). Rayman definitely deserved those trophies in Smash Bros.
I know this is just basic info which everybody knows, but I'm feeling (it) really good about the connection with Nintendo and Rayman's chances right now.
=u= Umm, actually, we did, like, pages ago, when it got revealed for the first time.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Ancel and Miyamoto have been friends for ages if that's the connection you're looking for? =p
Ancel was celebratin his friend's creation 30th aniversary.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm starving for some news on our limbless hero.
I really want him to be announced for DLC. Will it happen tomorrow? Probably not. But a man can dream.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I'm starving for some news on our limbless hero.
I really want him to be announced for DLC. Will it happen tomorrow? Probably not. But a man can dream.
Yeah, personally I wouldn't be surprised nor upset if they don't announce it this time. In fact, we might as well celebrate Rayman's 20th anniversary ourselves, with Blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget Rayman! :p

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I just hope Rayman gets something for his birthday.
The maintenance is coming out tomorrow, which would be the perfect time to reveal Rayman as DLC.
Ubisoft did say the surprise was for the community. It's not far out there to think that it pertains to the Smash Ballot.

Top Bottom