• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raving Radishes - A guide on Turnips and the wonderful things you can do with them

Xyless

Smash Master
I should mention that the % stats I have for each turnip and their wording are directly from Rick, and yes, the wording is confusing to me as well.

Xyless

Smash Master
The different ways to throw the turnips, which affects the amount of damage they do. So my guess is...

F-Throw: A simple tilted forward thrown turnip, with some distance between the two players.
F-Throw (point blank): A simple tilted forward thrown turnip, with the opponent being right next to Peach.
Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank): A smashed forward thrown turnip (similar to a smash attack).
Aerial Drop/D-Throw: Z-dropping and throwing the turnip down in the air, with players having distance between them
Aerial D-Throw (point blank): Throwing turnip down with the opponent right below Peach
Up-Throw: Tilted up thrown turnip.
Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank): Smash thrown turnip.

Just a guess.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hey Rick, are you going to add the newly found statisitcs for pullings that Xyless posted? Or change this thing I've been pointing out for the last year at least? :p http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7196226&postcount=23
Also, I should mention that the stitchface is SLIGHTLY wrong, because its 1/58 is shared with the other items, so it has even less of a chance. I should probably "rephrase" the last area tonight when I get back from class.
;)

I've been stupidly busy recently, plus I never thought anyone actually read these 'guides' so I let them gather dust xD

I'll do my best to update it asap if people will be reading it

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'll check up on this ASAP. Peach's turnips are too good. Does anyone know that you can cancel a run w/ a turnip if you press down w/ the control stick then toss in the direction you want w/ the cstick?

You can also "shutter step" your turnips.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
How about adding things that Peach players never use like IZAC, ZAC, and Short Hop Double Turnip. They're easier to do with Peach than Toon Link and SHDT looks way more useful since you can hit them with two turnips, then Fair, and catch a turnip while hitting them. I've gimped many times out of it if I do it near the edge. I never see Peach players use any of these. :[ Takes like 2 seconds to learn and it's useful. IZAC and ZAC aren't really that useful, since we have floating. It's good for mindgames though. You could float > Double Jump > IZAC Fair maybe? SHDT is more useful though. The others are just something to know. To do SHDT all you do is tilt throw a turnip up, then pull a turnip and wait a few frames. Now, jump and smash throw is forward and do an instant throw with the turnip thats coming down. It's easier than Jab Canceling. Dx

Top Bottom