• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Waluigi

Chance: 2%
His assist trophy and the fact that Sakurai doesn't seem to want him to be playable complicate things.

Want: 100%
I've wanted Waluigi playable ever since Wario was playable in Brawl, I'd gladly take Waluigi as DLC if given the chance.
Also do you know how much I'd love to have this as a taunt, Too bad WALUIGI TIME WAAAAAAAAAA!

This would be hands down the best taunt ever in Smash Bros.

Sami

Chance: 50%
Yeah a bit optimistic, but if Snake doesn't return, some of his moves can be given to Sami, she is also more popular than Andy, in terms of Wars reps.

Sami is now my most wanted newcomer, since I'm not confident in Waluigi or Dillon's chances. The Wars series is also long overdue for a rep, why should Fire Emblem get all the love? Sami for DLC.

Predictions: Medusa 5%

Predictions: Agnes 1%

Nominations: Pious X5.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Waluigi

Chance - 0% - An assist trophy Sakurai almost seemed to make fun of when he was revealed. It seems as if Sakurai has already made up his mind on this one, sorry.

Want - 50.5% - Good for a few laughs, but there are many other characters I would want in Mario to make it first.

Sami

Chance - 0.25% - Being not the main character is a major blow to her chances, I would think. Add Andy's problems on top of that, and we have a major problem.

Want - 40% - Andy first, please.

Predictions

Medusa - 1.29% - "Too Many Kid Icarus Characters!" is the public consensus.

Agnes - 0.75% - Oh, third parties are always a hard sell around here, and with such icconic competion...

Nominations

Secondary Ballot X5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Waluigi

Chance: 30%
He has a good following... But sadly that's not enough, as the fan base that supports him are getting thrashed around by arguments like the assist trophy misconception, "too much Mario representation", and/or his relevance to the Mario series in general( at least they can't say he'd be a clone).

Want: 50%
Why the heck not?

Sami

Chance: 9%
The support is hardly there.

Want: 5%

...Eh...

Nomination: Hades x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Waluigi chances: 0.24%

I wasn't joking when I said yesterday that Sakurai did deconfirm Waluigi pretty harshly. Not to mention, he shown a Waluigi plush when talking about Assist Trophies in the April 2014 Smash Direct. I suppose the most straightforward conclusion from that is that he's downright opposed to the idea of Waluigi being playable in Smash Bros., or maybe he's just using him as a joke. Considering the fact Waluigi never made a major appearance in a mainline Mario or Wario game and Nintendo seems to not take him very seriously, even daring to cut him in Mario Kart 7, that doesn't surprise me.

WAAAAAAnt: 3%
Most of what I said in my Daisy rating applies to Waluigi as well. He's an integral part of the Mario universe, appearing in every spin-off, but that doesn't make him playable material. He never had been particularly influent for the series as a whole except in those spin-off games, but many characters like Mario, Peach, etc. have about the same amount of influence as him or Daisy in those games plus much more thanks to their key roles in mainline Mario games. As such, I find them to be incredibly boring choices for playable character in Smash Bros. and I don't think they should be anything more than Assist Trophies. Waluigi imo is fine as he is and doesn't need to promote to playable, except maybe if Sakurai manages to imagine an hilarious moveset to justify him.

-----

Sami chances: 3.37%
Copy-pasted from my Andy rating:
Considering how much Intelligent Systems seems to care about Fire Emblem compared to Wars, it looks like this series is an afterthought at best. It's a respectably long running franchise with I guess more historical popularity than the average Nintendo series with no playable fighter in Smash, so maybe a character from the series may be in Sakurai's radar, but most likely as low priority. Ballot support seems to be moderate at the very best, so I kinda doubt it'll help him her much.
Replace "him" for "her" and you have what I think about Sami.

Sami want: 51.5%
Even though neither her or Andy are anywhere near the top of my priority list, I think the Wars series could warrant a playable character in Super Smash Bros.

-----

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

(Still not using my 5 extra noms)

Edit: oops, forgot predictions. Here they are:

Medusa prediction: 8.58%
"Kid Icarus is overreped" they said.

Agnès prediction: 1.11%
Third-party character from a Nintendo-only, but admittedly minor series in the grand scheme of things, especially compared to the likes of Final Fantasy and Square Enis Dragon Quest to talk about Square Enix franchises.
Edit: :facepalm: (and with a typo on top of that)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Waluigi

His assist trophy and the fact that Sakurai doesn't seem to want him to be playable complicate things.

I've wanted Waluigi playable ever since Wario was playable in Brawl, I'd gladly take Waluigi as DLC if given the chance.
Also do you know how much I'd love to have this as a taunt, Too bad WALUIGI TIME WAAAAAAAAAA!

This would be hands down the best taunt ever in Smash Bros.

Sami

Chance: 50%
Yeah a bit optimistic, but if Snake doesn't return, some of his moves can be given to Sami, she is also more popular than Andy, in terms of Wars reps.

Sami is now my most wanted newcomer, since I'm not confident in Waluigi or Dillon's chances. The Wars series is also long overdue for a rep, why should Fire Emblem get all the love? Sami for DLC.

Predictions: Medusa 5%

Predictions: Agnes 1%

Nominations: Pious X5.
So biased it hurts.

-Waluigi:
Chances: 0%
Want: 10%

-Sami:
Chances: 1%
Want: 0%

-Nominations:
!Rerate Chibi-Robo X5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Waluigi

Chance: 5%

Yet another character whose chances are severely hurt thanks to his Assist Trophy status. It's also important to consider that Waluigi has been an Assist Trophy for two Smash Bros games in a row, so that's a sign that Sakurai doesn't see much of a fighter's potential in Waluigi. Aside from that, Waluigi has been one of the more popularly demanded characters to join the Smash Bros roster, and one can understand why consider he is a memorable character from the Mario series and he would complete the whole quad group between himself, Mario, Luigi and Wario. If Waluigi becomes a character in a future WarioWare game, then I can definitely see him having more potential for a Smash Bros 5 inclusion.

Want: 60%

He's definitely one of my favorite Mario characters out there. I especially like him for his funny and mischievous personality. I can definitely see his moveset revolving around various sports items like tennis rackets, golf clubs, etc. considering he particularly shines in the spin-offs. Even with all of the fun things he could as a fighter in Smash Bros, there's also a good part of me that thinks 7 Mario reps is enough for now. Oh well, at least there's the possibility of Smash Bros 5.

Sami

The main issue here is that Intelligent Systems, the company in charge of developing the Advance Wars games, has generally been focusing a lot more on the Fire Emblem franchise over Sami's games, so when it comes to Smash Bros, Fire Emblem has more priority. She also lacks strong support on the Smash Ballot scene. Luckily, being a female fighter helps when considering the fact the Smash Bros roster could use a few more female fighters, and she would also fill the role of another weapon/gun user in Smash Bros, something the Smash roster also lacks in.

Want: Abstain

I do not know much else about Sami to either support or wish against her inclusion, not to mention I never played any of the Advance War games.

Predictions:

Medusa (Kid Icarus): 7.10%
Agnes: 1.04%

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Waluigi:

Chance: 1%

Assist Trophy... Also, looks like that Sakurai wants him as a AT.

Want: 70%

Hilarious, I like this guy. Is a horrible guy... But is so funny xD

Sami:

Chance:... Well

Andy

Has problems with relevancy and his series lost with every day... And... Who is he?... Seriously, I see a FE Character before him as a DLC Newcomer.
I will give her a similar score... Don't higher because she probably doesn't the first option with Andy... But also probably she has a bigger fanbase...

Actual Chance Rate: 5%

I'm okay with her

Predictions: Medusa & Agnes

Medusa Chance: 5.7%
Agnes 2.64%

Nominations:

Adeleine x5

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Expecting somebody else?

...Actually, yeah, I was expecting you to show up.

--

Waluigi

Chance: 3%
Always the...groomsman, never the groom? Despite having his share of fans, Waluigi's been passed up on twice for other Mario newcomers. It's left his share of fans disappointed and a little bitter, but perhaps now they have a chance to nominate him in.

...Only problem is, well, you know where this is going. He's still an Assist Trophy, and we've seen nothing to show the dev team is willing to repurpose them. Until that point, Waluigi is still stuck waving around a tennis racket and stomping people into the ground.

...What? Don't glare at me like that!

...That crotch chop was uncalled for.

Want: 30%
All the tricks and general craziness he could pull might be a little interesting...but when there're other candidates for newcomers out there that wouldn't involve the work of tweaking the AT list, including other Mario newcomers, Waluigi seems rather unnecessary.

Sami

Chance: 7%
All the problems Andy faces also apply to Sami. The Advance Wars series has been out of the spotlight for a while, meaning the support base for its characters has dwindled to mostly just those who're already fans of the series. Sami has Andy to compete with, and it seems like they're pitting what remains of their support against each other, limiting their odds even further.

Add that onto the fact that Sami isn't the face of her games the way Andy is, even though she's basically the second most important, and...well, it doesn't look very good for her, though it's not as bad as a lot of other characters have it. For her to have a chance, she'll need to capture a lot of support in a short time.

Then again, I hear she's pretty good at that kind of thing.

I still haven't had the chance to play an Advance Wars game, so I'll stay out of this one.

Medusa Prediction: 8.75%
A lower end support base still hanging in there...but expect some lowballing from a few people strongly against more Kid Icarus content.

Agnes Prediction: 5.50%
Another Square-Enix character, but one without the fond memories of Black Mage...but also with more widespread success and moveset potential than Slime.

Nominations: Delphox x5

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Waluigi:
He's an AT and Captain Toad and Paper Mario are the Mario newcomer frontrunners.
I prefer Captain Toad and Paper Mario first.

Sami:
Chance: 8%
Not the main character of her game.
I want Andy way more.

Predictions:
Medusa: 35%
Agnes: 2.5%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh 5x

NNID
Majorasmask66
Waluigi

Chance: 0%

Want: 20%

Sami

Chance: 4%

Want: 40%

Predictions

Medusa: 6%

Nominations

Hades x5

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Waluigi's Chances:
0.45%
Assist Trophy.

Want: 70%
For the next Smash Bros, I'd be interested in seeing if they can promote him to playable character. Unlikely, but it'd be interesting to see what they could do with him - perhaps amalgamate the spin-off games into his moveset. I remember Burruni having a very cool Dice based moveset which could be interesting. Perhaps I'll say that I wouldn't mind having Waluigi on my listed of wanted Mario characters for the next Smash Bros.

Sami's Chances: 5.71%
I think out of the three COs of Advance Wars, they might go with Sami, since she's always a fan favourite. However, I don't see an Advance Wars character getting in through the Ballot, since the series hasn't seen a game in a long time. Next time, I see it.

Want: 80%
I wouldn't mind her in the slightest.

Medusa and Agnès prediction: 3.47%

Nominations: Isaac (GS) X5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Waluigi:
Chance:
5%
Same rating as Tingle, same reasons as Tingle.

WAA: 100%
EXPECTING SMALLER SERIES TO GET FAIR REPRESENTATION TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME.

More reasons to like Waa:
-You know what they say: The more Mario, the merrier (but not Geno eeew)
-Bombs. You want your Demoman? You get Waa
-He's the ACTUAL Eggplant Wizard
-WFT's Yoga was all fine and dandy but a real sportsman swims in the air while making a Γ of his body.
-The best taunts in existance. DeDeDe better pack his bags because the real king of taunts 'n teabags has arrived.
-Expecting a new reason here? Good. It's just not there. WAA
- Better than Call of Duty Soldier

Sami
Chance: 6%
Likelyness of an AW-character: 15%
Andy has 6%, Sami has 6%, Sturm and Olaf and Santa Claus get the rest.

I want a trap character so I wouldn't be opposed.

Azura x5

Medusa: 6.3%
Agnes: 3.3%

waa

D

Deleted member

WAAAAA

Chances : 1%

WaAAAAA : 100%

Poor WAAAA. It's quite clear Sakurai just doesn't want to give some fighters their own day on the battlefield ( i'm looking at you too, Chrom. CHROM deserves a fate better than being apart of a final smash. ) If WaAAAAA being playable in Smash Bros Crusade tells me anything, he's definitely a character that could work out.

More reasons to like Waa:
-You know what they say: The more Mario, the merrier (but not Geno eeew)
-Bombs. You want your Demoman? You get Waa
-He's the ACTUAL Eggplant Wizard
-WFT's Yoga was all fine and dandy but a real sportsman swims in the air while making a Γ of his body.
-The best taunts in existance. DeDeDe better pack his bags because the real king of taunts 'n teabags has arrived.
-Expecting a new reason here? Good. It's just not there.
EDIT, This too.

Yep. Doesn't help that Luigi stole your colors for 2 games, and Mario just got yours.

Sami

Chances : 27%

Want : 5%

Noms Black Shadow X5

Predictions

Medusa : 8.00+
Agnes : Is it a terrible thing i don't know a lot of these characters in the slightest? Lord help me!!!

WAAA!!! My god, i tried posting RIGHT before the nightly backup started. Thank goodness for post saving. Hahaaaaaa...ha....WA!

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Waluigi
Chance 1%
Want 15%

Sami
Chance 2%
Want 1%

Prediction
Medusa 2.2%
Agnes (who?) 4%

Nominate all veterans returning x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.
Waluigi
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For Chance, he's an Assist Trophy.
For Want, no thank you. I rather have Captain Toad.

Sami
Chance:
1%

I'm unsure about ballot support, but what I am sure of is that Advanced Wars is in a dormant state and IS has made it clear that their main focus is Fire Emblem, and I doubt that will be changing any time soon.
Not a bad choice, but I prefer Andy, mostly because he could be considered the main character.

Medusa Prediction: 7.89%
Kid Icarus stuff won't sit well with most of the people here.
Agnes Prediction: 1.18%
Although Bravely Default is a popular 3DS game, it's still a 3rd party game.

Hey! I win again!
Nominations: Young Link 10x

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Waaaaluigi

Chance: 2.5%

Given Sakurai used him as the specific example of, 'Just because you ask a lot doesn't mean he'll get in' (yes I know I'm paraphrasing), and that there's far more demand for other Mario characters, from what I've seen at least. That said, Sakurai has gone back on previous statements, and I don't think it's completely impossible, but...Eh.

Waluigi is honestly one of my least favorite Mario Bros. characters, and I often struggle to see why people want him in.

Sami

I'd love for it to be higher, but given that Advanced Wars seems to be dormant at the moment (hopefully not much longer), and the competition she's up against, there are quite a few other characters I'd sooner expect.

Would be one of my Top 10 picks, possibly Top 5. I love Advanced Wars and want to see it get some representation.

Nomination: Our godly troll, Hades X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Waluigi

Assist Trophy. Sorry guys, but I don't think it's happening.

Want: 75%
Yes, surprisingly I do want Waluigi. Do I want him over (Captain) Toad? No. Pickaxe to the forehead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tennis racket to the face. Do I want him in over Daisy? Maybe just. Do I want him over Geno? Naturally. I'm not insane.

Waluigi has plenty of personality and I can see him being even wackier than his arch-rival Luigi. I've had a bit of a soft spot for the guy ever since the first Strikers game, although I'll admit I was a bit unsure on him before that.

Sami
Chance: 0.5%
There IS demand for an Advanced Wars character...it's just not very large in this ballot.

I used to want Sami (or Andy) a lot more...she'd of easily got 70%. Unfortunately I don't see her as high a priority as many of my other wants right now...if we could get a new game starring her(Andy and Max too) I'm sure the demand would skyrocket.

Waluigi
chance 0%
an assist trophy who has even been given a remark ftom sakurai why he isnt playable. Ouch. Maybe if smash 5 had a new director.

Want 40%
i dont really care THAT much. But if we are gettinf a charcter to be sporty it dhould be him. 100 times better than daisy.

Sami
chance .5%
advance wars is dormant and FE's recent success will probabky keep it that way. And she isnt the original protag so its even worse.

Plus minimal support too. .

Want
20%
she looks cooler than andy

*as a snake clone* 0% (dont rate this)
just give us actual snake :/

Predictions
agnes 5%
medusa 10%

Noms
agn. . . Oh
edea lee 5 :troll:

Seriously though
Next smash has new director

Ill have some pro-agnes propaganda later.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi
Chance- 1%
Assist Trophy. Going to hold to a low rating for all of them until we're proven wrong on this account.
Want- 60%
Would probably be my first Mario choice after Toad/Captain Toad. Mainly want him to complete the four and since Brawl in the Family helped me actually like the character. Still, we don't really need more Mario character, so he can wait. I hope he isn't doomed to an AT forever, though.

Sami
Chance- 1%
Too obscure, not popular enough, competition from Andy.
Want- 90%
Honestly, Andy should come first…
but…
I'm not the only one who thinks Sami is a lot cooler, right? I'd be happy for either of them if they got in. It would be interesting if she could pick up some parts of Snake's move set.

Medusa Predictions- 7.5%
Agnes Predictions- 3.5%
Nominations:

Adeleine x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Waluigi's chance: 1%
He's an AT, so his role is already set. Just because they could work around that doesn't mean they'll put the extra work for a moderately requested character. They have shown no sign of ever changing the game's code to make him not show up as an AT, so I just don't see it happening.

Waluigi's want: 1%
There's way too many Mario characters, let's have something different please. I like the guy and would rather have had him over Rosalina or Bowser Jr., but they have proven themselves now. I'd say if they, hopefully, cut Dr. Mario, then I can see him included in Smash Bros 5.

----------

Sami's Chance: 25%
She's pretty obscure, so I don't see her having all that much demand. I question how good she would sell as DLC since not many are familiar with her.

Sami's Want: Abstain
I used to like Advance Wars much more in the past but haven't kept interest in the series. Some have mentioned giving her Snake's moves, which I'm a bit torn on. The moveset is fun and shouldn't be lost, however, I would by far rather have the real Snake than some sort of bootleg.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
WAH LOO WEE GEE AH SIST TRO PHY YA YA YA

Chances: 0%

Aside from being given an explicit reason to be unplayable, Sakurai doesn't seem to want to for some reason, dooming him to remain with the widely requested unplayable characters with reasoning such as space dragons, blue haired swordsmen and shapeshifting princes.

Want: 5%

I'll give you that Waluigi is funny. Doesn't mean I actually want him.

Sami:

Double abstain as I know nothing.

Predictions:

Agnes: 3%
Medusa: 5%

Nominate: Delphox x5

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Waa and Sami
HEY PMDT, when is she gonna be done, it's not hard to make a Snake clone

Waluigi
Chance:1%
Want: 15%
Never liked him and never cared. Plus he's still an AT so let it go.

Sami
Chance: 20%
I said it once, I'll say it again

ADVANCE WARS DESERVES AND REP AND NEEDS ONE. Sami is pretty cool gal and I wouldn't mind her being around as well. I like her more than Andy but anything AW related.

Nominations:
Starman (NES Pro Wrestling) x5
Isa (Sin & Punishment) x5
Metroid Rep that isn't Ridley

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Waluigi?

Chance: 0% chance of EVER becoming a playable character.

Non canon character, never been the star of his own game, has no significance whatsoever on the Mario franchise, and doesn't reflect well about the history of the Mario franchise at all.

A dead dream. That's all he's ever going to be.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wahehehehehe Waaaaaaaah! Waluigi time!
Chances: 2% Popular character that's relegated to assist trophy, and Nintendo hates his guts. Yeah, I don't think I can see him happening this time around. Maybe Smash 5 will be better for our unheroic purple plumber.

Want: 100% I'll let Waluigi himself express my want for me:

Waluigi is da winner! Waaaaaaaat? Waluigi is not playable yet? All you smashers.... your... Your all cheaters!!!! Waaaaa! Waluigi is a unique! Have you ever seen another smasher play tennis by their self? Do you want someone to stop that loser, Luigi? Do you like purple? Then vote for a me, Waluigi, Wahehehehehe! Waluigi's inclusion is-only-a-fair, Waaaaaaaaaa!
Here's a video of Waluigi beating Luigi's mansion faster than that loser, Luigi, just to prove to you how amazing of an individual he is.

I abstain from doing anything with Sami, I know far too little about her to actually give an effective want or chance score.

Predictions: Medusa 6%
Agnes 4%
Nominations: Baldy Mc-Nosehair (Dr.Eggman) x 10

Last edited:
This makes me remember the times people joked Waluigi could rep the color purple in Smash, as we didn't have any purple characters yet on the site.

Also, Nabbit is better in being purple
We still don't have a purple character in Smash (palette swaps don't count). Well, Mewtwo has purple tail, but rest of his body is white. Gengar4Smash

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Waluigi
I normally give assist trophies 5%, but the way Sakurai treated his disconfirmation made it seem like he doesn't want to include him at all.
So I want Tingle but not Waluigi...weird, right? While I don't mind him in the spinoff games, I still don't like the idea of him in Smash especially before the likes of Toad and Paper Mario.

Sami
Since Andy's the protagonist of the series, he comes first, right?
Want: 10%
For unrepresented series I always prefer them adding the main character first. If people only want her for someone to inherit Snake's moveset, then I'm not interested. Snake, please return. Here's to hoping she gets an unique moveset if she does appear.

Nominations
Isabelle x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We still don't have a purple character in Smash (palette swaps don't count). Well, Mewtwo has purple tail, but rest of his body is white. Gengar4Smash
*ahem*

If we are going to talk about purple characters that should be in smash....

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi
Want: 15%
From the Mario Family... he is in 10th place for me...

Sami
Want: 25%
This series needs more love, she would be a great 2nd character...

Medusa prediction: 4%...
Agnes prediction: 5%

Nominations: Mallo x 5

D

Deleted member

Waluigi:

He's an Assist. Not only that, but he's another Mario character. If he's going to have any sort of chance (in a future Smash), he needs to make the overdue jump into Wario's territory.

WAAnt: 100%

Not going to say much about Sami other than I don't view her as particularly likely, and I really don't care too much on whether she makes it or not, though I do prefer her over Andy.
No prediction, either. I'm mainly here for Waluigi.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
WAAAA: 0.5%

Assist trophy. In this case Sakurai even explicitly said he wouldn't be playable, so I considered a 0% here.

WAAAAnt: 0%

I really like Waluigi. He's a funny character and one I use often in spinoffs, just missing my top five characters of the Mario series. That said, the concept of him being a fighter simply doesn't excite me, and I feel he's best off as an assist trophy. After that, I don't have an interest in characters like him or Daisy being in Smash unless they get importance outside of spinoffs, I don't have a desire to see more Mario characters to begin with, and if I did I wouldn't want him over someone like Toad. Sorry, but I'd prefer he stick with what he has.

Sami's chances: 3%

Same problems as Andy, with a couple of points additionally docked because the latter can be considered the face of the series more easily.

Want: 60%

I think a Wars character would be cool, though despite originally saying I want her and Andy equally, I've gone back to thinking he'd represent the series better overall. I'd still happily welcome her inclusion, however.

Medusa prediction: 10.23%
Agnes prediction: 3.94%

Nominations: Black Shadow x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Waluigi
Want: 5%.

Considering he's an Assist Trophy and an insignificant and divisive character, I can't see Waluigi happening this game.
I like Waluigi in the Mario games, but I would really rather him not be playable. There are a lot of other characters that should be in before him, like Toad and Paper Mario, and I would even prefer Ashley to him.

Sami
Chance: 3%.

Advance Wars is a dormant and relatively obscure series and Sami isn't the star of it. The overarching Wars series is one I think has enough merit for a character but I think Sakurai is content with the series being represented by generic soldiers.

Want: 100%.

Advance Wars is great fun and Sami is the best character in it. Andy may be the more significant character but he'll never be as cool as Sami. In my opinion she would be a better fit for an Advance Wars themed moveset due to basically being a staple unit of the series (infantry/mech).

Also, she has an awesome theme song:
Yes please. :chuckle:

---
Predictions: Medusa: 5%, Agnes: 7%.
---
Nominations: Jill Valentine x3, Excitebike x2

Laniv

Smash Lord
That Purple Loser:

Assist Trophy... again.

I don't like Waluigi at all. He doesn't deserve it over Toad/Captain Toad, or Paper Mario. Heck, I feel even Daisy deserves it more. And among Assist Trophies, he's outdone by Takamaru, Dark Samus, and Ashley.

I'd put in a consarn Monty Mole over him.

Sami:

Chance: 11%
"It's Sami from Advance Wars!"
"Advance... Wars...?"
"You know, Advance Wars, Intelligent Systems' RPG series."
"Oh, Fire Emblem."
"No, the other one."
"Paper Mario!"
"The other one."
"...Oh, yeah! That game hasn't been seen in years!"
"Don't remind me."

Also Andy's more likely I guess

Predictions for Medusa: 10% Chance, 60% Want
Predictions for Agnes: 2% Chance, 68% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's a cold and broken Waluigi

Chances: 5%

Sorry Waluigi, long-term rival of Luigi and Daisy, Sakurai just loves you as an assist trophy. Also, I call the assist trophy item "Summon Waluigi" in honor for his villainy he unleashes on fighters. They should make his gloves more detailed though.

Want: 45%

He would be pretty funny, summoning all kinds of tricks up his low res gloves. And the more Mario reps that aren't Mario (we have Metal Mario, Dr. Mario and people want Paper Mario?) the merrier! But I would prefer Daisy or Toad/Toadette. Don't pay attention to the bias.

Sami: Abstain!

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
W-A-L-U-I-G-I AM THE BEST WALUIGI
CHANCE: 1%
Same old, same old. An Assist Trophy who has little to no chance of being upgraded until Smash 5 rolls around.

WAAANT: 100%
Why not? The completely unoriginal evil Luigi clone that Camelot created for the N64 Mario Tennis is often called the sole mistake in an otherwise perfect game, but it is precisely this blank slate nature of him that has allowed developers and fans to slap practically any ridiculous characterisations and traits on him without the worry of upsetting anyone.

Name another Mario character who can get away with something like this, I dare you.

Waluigi's blank slate, and honestly weird design also works well for comedy, which was used exceedingly well by the much esteemed web comic Brawl in The Family, which absolutely loved to exaggerate his features like his nose and chin, throw around Waluigi jokes like no tomorrow and spawned several, several memes which are still popular today even after the web comic ended on the eve of Smash 3DS's release. Not just him, Waluigi was pretty much was the online Nintendo community's "instant hilarity, just add Waluigi"

A textbook example of Waluigi humour

Admitted these are the principal reasons why I like this character, and Smashboards's resident Waluigi fanbase has done much to make me appreciate the character and the surreal humour that his fanbase churns out all the time. Shout-outs to @Smash Daddy, @GoldenYuiitusin and @Fatmanonice in particular. :)

(I'm starting to wonder if people think I have a bile fascination of sorts. :laugh:)
SAMI:
CHANCE: 6%
Being a secondary character in a B-list Nintendo series isn't exactly conducive for your chances in Smash, I'm afraid. Her notable popularity for Project M is helped largely because she can be cloned off Snake, which Andy can't. Nintendo can and will use Andy when (or in the worse case, if) they get around giving the Advance Wars series a character in Smash.

WANT: 35%
Chronobound had roped me in to support Sami from Project M, so I can appreciate the character somewhat; that said, I'm still terribly unfamiliar with the Advance Wars series so that's as high as my want score goes.
:231:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Waluigi:
Chances: 5%
He is an assist trophy. I think that there's a small chances some assist can become playable thorugh DLC, but it's really slim. Like Waluigi! :awesome:

Want: 80%
I like Waluigi, but I want Daisy much more. But still, he would be a fun character!

Sami:
Chances: 25%

This is assuming she comes as a Snake "heir", with Andy. I think that can't come without him, but that the two coming together, with Sami being a pseudo veteran, is kinda likely.

The only big serie without rep, a cool, female character with a great theme... Do I need to say more?

Top Bottom