• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dixie changes:80%
The fact that she is revelant,is important to her series again, has fan appeal, and was PLANNED for brawl really makes me think that she will be playable in this game as DLC.The only thing holding her back in my opinion is the fact that nearly nobody is voting for her in the ballot.Even than i 100% believe that sakurai would choose her as a character over some of the other opinions

Dixie want:95%
I realllllllllllllllllllly want to see dixie in the game.I really believe that she has earned her spot in the game and could be unique.However the reason i don't give her 100% is becuase i feel lke k rool should still get in along with her

Impa
want:15%
change:12.57%

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Gonna make this quick since most people know her obstacles, but their could be 4 DK chars, prefer rools sillyness tho.

Dixie chance: 38%

Want 0 35% I may not care for DK much and not like dixie, but hey im fine if she gets in, its just meh. (See i didnt do 0, to me 0=you'll die if they get in, just childish).

Impa: 25%

Snake x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally I'd put 0% if I really don't want the character...which is unlikely, you may see a zero from for characters like Daisy for example (I dislike Peach as it is and I view Daisy as a worse Peach)...if the percentage is higher it means I'd rather not but still see some potential...If I'm unfamiliar with the character I'm not going to completely disregard them as that just means I am unsure of their moveset potential...and depending on what it is they may surprise me...

I notice some people will put 0% because they want a certain character in the game first and don't want this character without them...which seems odd to me because you end up wanting a character more after getting another character that you wanted more than the original character? but if you don't get the character you wanted more before the character you wanted less that means...you don't want that character at all? Even though you say you wanted the character if you would've gotten the other character first, but now you just don't want the character you've gotten because you didn't get your more wanted character first?
my head hurts....

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong
Chance = 15%
She's a bit too similar to Diddy Kong tbh. Maybe she'll be included as a costume, but I don't know if she'll make it in as a completely unique character, sadly.
Want = 15%
There are other characters that I feel are way more deserving than her to be in Smash bros--one of them being from the very same series! While it'd be *great* to get another female character in Smash Bros, I've got my sights set on Shantae. Still, Dixie Kong is pretty cute with her double-pigtail design and onesie jean/overalls. I'd probably lean more towards Inkling or heck, even Bayonetta, but I guess I'd rather have Dixie than Krystal from Starfox.
Prediction on Impa = 3%
I don't even know who they are, and I'm relatively involved in the smash community. Chances are that they'll probably at least be considered by the smash team--and who knows what the smash team's motives are. Hence why I didn't just propose a 0.05% chance.

EDIT:
I nominate
Ice Climbers x2
Shantae x3

again.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie as a costume of Diddy... :facepalm: Wow. Do you even DKC? Why do people talk about things they apperantly don't know **** about? Oh the complexity of human behaviour :rolleyes:

Anyway.

Chance: 65%
Not too bad of a chance, cause I predict if she's gonna do good on the ballot, Sakurai will put her in. Why? It's easy to put her in as a semi-clone to Diddy, and she was one of Brawl's forbidden 7 as well as in Tropical Freeze. Dixie should logically be a character already on Sakurai's mind for considering DLC character. With the return of Lucas, Roy and most likely Wolf to, I see chances for Dixie's inclusion go up a lot.

Want: 100%
Yes I just really would like Dixie in Smash Bros. she's up till today still my favorite female video game character, and she was introduced in my favorite game ever, Donkey Kong Country 2. Sure, I like King K.Rool more, but I think Dixie could make me just as happy, especially if BOTH King K.Rool and Dixie could make it in..! That's my biggest wish so far really.

Impa's prediction: 20%
Why? You are all undermining Impa's chances since Day 01.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are forgetting that Dixie herself wasn't planned.

She was initially planned as a gimmick for Diddy.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong chances: 43%
Arguably one of the most well-known Nintendo characters not currently in Smash, and an iconic figure of the Donkey Kong series who appeared in the latest title, I think Dixie Kong has a pretty good shot to be DLC for SSB4. Not to mention she's one of the few characters who appeared as a trophy cameo since Melee and didn't ever get any sort or promotion is Smash ever since, which means Sakurai always has acknowledged her importance as a character. However she's a few tiers lower than her bigger threat, King K. Rool, when it comes to Smash popularity though I don't think she will be dismissed only for the sake of K. Rool, if Sakurai thinks both are worthwhile choices I'm sure he will pick both.

I don't think the fact she was supposed to be in Brawl means anything, as she wasn't supposed to be her own character. Diddy and Dixie were originally supposed to be in Brawl as a tag-team similar to how they work together in DKC2, however the idea was scrapped and only Diddy made in as a solo fighter. It also should be noted thar both Popo and Nana have their own distinct character files in Brawl.

Dixie Kong want: 12% (Edit: 17.5%)
I love Donkey Kong Country 2, it's quite possibly my favourite 2D platformer, and I love to play as Dixie Kong in this game. That said, I'm not much interested in playing as Dixie in Smash, especially if she makes in over King K. Rool, for three specific reasons:
> I always found K. Rool to be a more obvious choice for a new Donkey Kong character in Smash;
> I want to play as the main antagonist before the sidekick's sidekick;
> I'm not really excited by Dixie's moveset possibilities, I can't really think of a full Dixie special moveset which includes neither made up moves, moves inspired from purely flavor animations in the original games like her bubble gum or guitar (though the later would be a cool throwback to DK64 even when considering she didn't appear in this game), or derivating from Diddy's specials (neutral and up B would be downright unfitting, but side and and down B would easily be given to her).

Edit: changed my want score, I managed to imagine a moveset for Dixie Kong that actually interests me, more details here. That said, I still want K. Rool more, if only for the fact I want to play as the main antagonist before the third protagonist, and the reason why I use K. Rool as a reason to decrease my Dixie want is because I acknowledge the fact she could get over him and hate the idea of "relevance" being used to exclude anyone because history relevance >>>>>>>>>>>>>> recent relevance imo.
Also I want Rayman to fulfill the niche of the character who uses his air to decrease his falling speed :lol:

Also I admit seeing K. Rool playable with moveset elements from the DKC2 and DKC3 boss fights without Dixie on the roster would feel kind of wrong. That doesn't prevent me to say I don't want her to make in over K. Rool, but having both would be great, and my personal favourite outcome, because I think both are standing-out characters worthy of being in Smash and not because of some "DK needs moar reps" logic. Once we get K. Rool as a newcomer then I'm going to put Dixie higher in my want list.

(Insert 75% of original want score cut because no custom moves for Mewtwo rant here)

Impa prediction: 18.97%
I really don't have much of an idea about how well she will do.

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

I saw on the nomination list that the concept currently only has 10 nominations even though I gave it 5 nominations four times (Isaac day, Bandanna Dee day, Captain Toad day, and Krystal day), which means the concept should be at 20 nominations currently (or 25 if counting my nominations today).

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
0% chance for Dixie Kong? Rightio then...
Dixie Kong

Chance: 66%
Popular character? Check. The backlash against Tiny when she replaced Dixie in DK64 was immense.

Easy to implement? Check. Diddy's wireframe, hit box data and walk cycle could be reused easily. Even the model can be used with some mild tweaking.

Ballot popularity: Mild check. If K. Rool was already in Smash she'd be ranking a lot higher. Her popularity is there, but not as high as K. Rool. Luckily for Dix it's a suggestion box and not a 'highest amount of votes wins' vote.

I don't know, but I can see Dixie being a fairly easy character to include as Smash DLC.

When I think of Nintendo Heroines Dixie is the first one I think of right after Samus. In a nice bit of role reversal Dixie(the heroine) was forced to save the hero(twice) and her love interest(once) from the big bad. For the time that was pretty impressive.
When Sm4sh started to show it was bringing forth more female characters, Dixie was honestly the only one I wanted.

Impa Prediction: 32%
Oh neat. If it wasn't for Krystal yesterday we'd of rated my four most wanted characters in a row. The exact row in my signature. Weird.

People will wonder if she'll be able to use her Hyrule Warrior moveset or if she'll be stuck as a Sheik clone. Recognizability will also play a part due to Impa always looking different, although she will inevitably be considered the joint next most important and obvious Zelda choice.

Nominations:
Vaati X 3
Shantae X 1
Wonder Red X 1

Still, Dixie Kong is pretty cute with her double-pigtail design and onesie jean/overalls. I'd probably lean more towards Inkling or heck, even Bayonetta, but I guess I'd rather have Dixie than Krystal from Starfox.
Wait...double pig tail design and onesie jeans? You mean this character?

That's not Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Dixie Kong
Chance: 30%
I think Dixie's chances are pretty good but I think King K. Rool will possibly take the DK spot due to popularity.

Want: 25%
Honestly I would prefer King K Rool more because he's the villian of the series and we need more of them in smash. But if she were to get in I wouldn't mind trying her out.

Nominate:
Shantae 3x
Geno x1
Sora x1

Last edited:

Bill Nye

Smash Rookie
Dixie Kong
Chance: 35%
I could definitely see Dixie being made as a quick Diddy semi-clone for a quick cash grab, but if Nintendo is only interested in one DK newcomer, it's gonna be K Rool

Want 0%
As stated earlier, if Dixie were to be included, she would probably be made as quick clone or semi-clone. I don't think she couldn't be unique, I just don't see that much effort being put into her when K Rool is probably in the works. With that said, I don't see myself paying $4 for a semi-clone of a character I never play in the first place.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong

Chance: 55%
It could go either way with her. I gotta say I was pretty confident she would show up in the base game this time around, because she had everything a newcomer would need. As a DLC, however, her chances slightily decrease, seeing as how it is probably needed a big popularity for a character to be chosen as DLC, and she has the super-popular K. Rool standing in her way.

Want: 60%
Would like K. Rool more if I had to choose, but I really think the DK franchise is big enough to warrant 4 characters. Also, Dixie is one of the biggest Nintendo all-star nott yet in the game.

Impa Prediction: 29%

Nominations:
Sceptile x5

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Chance:25%
I'm not too big a DK player, so I can't say anything deep about her possibilities. But I will write what I know and see, as a casual Nintendo gamer.
She seems to be fairly popular, judging from the pretty high want scores I'm seeing. I do consider her to be fairly iconic, as she's the lead female protagonist of a very popular trilogy. She has recency too, due to appearances in Tropical Freeze. If King K.Rool had not been the forerunner for DK DLC, she would have easily taken a 60% or higher on this list. It's not easy to make a female protagonist that manages to be cool, let alone a monkey.

Want:40%
Like I've said before, I personally perfer K.Rool over her. However, I am not against her inclusion in any way.Like I stated above, she has all of my personal requirements to convince me to not mind her being in Smash. Though the fact that she probably won't be anything more than a semi-clone slightly bothers me (Of course this is probably because I haven't played a DK game starring Dixie properly yet, but as of now I just feel she really can't be something different), but hey, I mained Wolf back in Brawl. Maybe Sakurai-san can pull out something that manages to be both similiar and different enough at the same time.
Or maybe not.(Looks at Pitoo)

Impa:40%
I reckon she'll get a fair chance. Though I wonder if there'll be people who would rather vote for Ganon.

Nominations:
As usual, Ray(Custom Robo) x5

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I'm late but,
Dixie 10%
Krystal 15%
I'm not sure what I'm doing with numbers above but I want Krystal and Dixie xD

Dixie Kong
Chance: 50%
King K. Roll has far more supporters but I want both of them in honestly. Donkey Kong deserves 4 reps compared to the rest of the roster. I feel like Dixie could easily be made and have a move set that would be closer to Donkey Kong rather than Diddy.:) like their down b being the same just with her ponytail. For instance:

"I whip my hair back and forth" xD!!
Want:90%
I want Dixie super badly. She's the most useful throughout the Kongs with her gliding hair move. It'd be so awesome if she had the red hair purple outfit alt from DKC2!! *.* She should be able to jump with barrels and move while holding it like Donkey Kong but with her ponytail. I see her move set easily from Tropical Freeze and I'd love to have the three kongs at 100% damage against 0% King K. Roll handicap matches xD
-

Krystal
Chance 50%
If Star Fox is ever going to get a newcomer, I think it'd be Krystal before anyone else. and that anyone else is Slippy really xD People hate Krystal because of the bad reputation she gets from the internet while people dislike Slippy as a character for being "annoying" and "useless in the field" (except those who find him funny). I never hear much of people disliking Krystal as a character. They dislike her for what a certain group of artists turned her into. I believe just because of that issue her chances of being in Smash isn't all that great even though she has great potential in not being another Landmaster, Blaster, Fire Fox, Fox Illusion and Reflector user. :/

I personally want Krystal the most because I've grown fond of her character. My best friends and I used to play Assault at our sleepovers before I moved away *sigh* and each of us had our own assigned favorite character; Mine was Krystal. We used joke about how cool it would be to have their favorites Fox, Falco and Wolf along my favorite, Krystal in Smash. and that was before I discovered that she was a staff wielder! (Assault was my 1st Star Fox game) When Smash 4 was in development I thought she was a shoe-in since each Smash game had one new Star Fox Character and she said herself, "I'm the only one who can pull through in a fight like this" in Brawl. But that didn't happen. :/ Now that 8 players is possible, It'd be a dream come true to reunite with my best friends and the 4 of us hunt each other in a good round of StarFox Assault and then turnaround and work as a team in Smash as A STAR FOX TEAM against 4 Cpus as Fox, Falco, Wolf AND KRYSTAL!!! :D

Edit: I may have been a bit too optimistic for their chances but we'll see I suppose.. :/

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Dixie Kong:
chance: 40% i sadly think only one DK rep gets in, even though K Rool AND her HAVE to be in the game

want: 100% DK needs love!

Edit: Impa prediction: 32%

Nominations: Beast Ganon x5

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong
Chance - 60% (People talk about her being planned for Brawl, but that was as part of a duo with Diddy. She's on her own now so she might not necessarily have the edge over King K Rool. On top of all that K Rool is clearly doing better in the ballot....so unless she makes it in as a non ballot choice she could be in trouble.)

Want - 15% (Not really, I just can't get enthused about her. That 15% is almost purely because of her popularity and significance to the Donkey Kong series.)

Nominations:
Inkling x2
Bayonetta x2
Chibi Robo x1

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, I got some of the extra noms. :D

Dixie
Chance:
50%
I think she could actually be about 50%. Of course lots of the old hands want K. Rool in before her. He was the major villain for a while, but not recently, so I think it could be a bit more open.
However, lets not forget that this lil lady kicked ass and saved the two main boys in the game, which when you consider when this was, I think is impressive. Strong female character before it was cool. Good on you Dixie.
Okay, now my own opinions aside, lets not forget that she's also got a lot of fans, and Sakurai wants more female characters in Smash, and you could do a LOT worse than Dixie.

Want: 90%
Whilst not a huge DK series fan, I do like Dixie, and would like to see her in, especially since I think the DK series could do with at least one character in there. (I want Captain Toad in, so clearly the number thing doesn't really bother me as much as it might other fans.)
However, I hope she'd be quite different from Diddy, but I don't mind her taking small bits from him to help implement her, but I don't really want a Pit/Dark Pit or Marth/Lucina thing for Dixie, she deserves better than that.

Impa prediction: 15%
I would love to see Zelda get another character in, and Impa's definitely relevant, and it's not like they wouldn't have plenty of alts to choose from haha. (Sadly that could also work against her.)

(Also, the HW design for Impa was cool, but as someone said, it wasn't a 'main' game in the series, but damn if I wouldn't love Impa to keep that design and for Smash to get an HW alt for Ganondorf.)

Nominations:
Hmmm, clearly I have good taste, the first load of characters I'd have nominated have already been up or are tomorrow, so I guess I'll choose a villain I like.

Vaati X 10

Lol 0% for dixie.

DK. . . Dixie kong!

Chance 40% if she was more popular than k rool than she would probably be much much higher. Unfortunately she isnt. However, for the time being she is far more recent. She has also received at least being considered by sakurai although she obviously did not make the cut. Just like mewtwo and roy and dr Mario :smirk:

Wan . 70 %
Always preferred her over every other dk character but the leade of the bunch. Nothing really else to say.

Predictions 21% for impa

Nom
wonder red 2
ridley 2
viridi 1

Freduardo

Smash Champion
:troll:

Dixie Kong:
Dixie Kong
Chance - 50% -
She has plenty of support, got plenty of votes, and made sense to be included for a long time (She was your third player in Donkey Konga, the most important Donkey Kong series, obviously..... as well as every other donkey kong series since Donkey Kong Country 2. I'd say she should be a little hurt because she didn't make it into Diddy Kong Racing, which is obviously the most important Donkey Kong series (tied with Jungle Beat). Really, until Pauline becomes playable in Donkey Kong Country as some kind of Shanna the She Devil character using destroyed mini marios as shoulder armor to note the most important Donkey Kong series, march of the minis, she makes as much sense as any other Donkey Kong series character (tied of course with K.Rool, villain of the most important Donkey Kong series, DK King of Swing, which leads an honorable mention to DK King of Swing's most important playable character, Funky Kong. And further honorable mention to Donkey Kong Jr. and Cranky Kong who was Donkey Kong in the most important original trilogy and Donkey Kong series since making Stanley from DK3 cry at home at night waiting for another video game, him and Pauline should hang out.)

Want: 75%

I want a new Donkey Kong representative, and since I could figure she'd probably have gotten a spot in the tragically cancelled Donkey Kong Racing, of the freakishly diverse Donkey Kong subset of series (and he's a Gaijin series, really?), she's only not getting to join in the action for the original trilogy era while going on to taking lead in one of the Country trilogy games where she originated, passed on the 64 bit era which had a racing game and a 3d platformer, if that one made it to a trilogy she'd be in (because she would have been playable in Donkey Kong Racing), she's back by the gamecube bongo-drum game boy advance king of swing era, passed over in the Wii-DS period of Mario Vs Donkey Kong, and Tropical Freeze puts her in the modern set of Donkey Kong games. Any Mario spinoff game K. Rool or any other odd Kongs have appeared, so has she (except for DK Jr. making it to Mario Kart and Mario Tennis well before her). I'll take her, but Donkey Kong's been so many places over the years I'd take her, I'd take K. Rool, I'd take Jr., I'd take Krunch, the Kremling Henchman from Diddy Kong Racing (Henchmen4Life), I'd take Cranky, I'd take Funky, I'd be hesitantly okay with Stanley as a retro rep. I'd even be saying alright, interesting if I saw Pauline with the destroyed mini mario shoulder armor jungle princess look I'd randomly concocted earlier. I probably would be saying wtf to Wrinkly Kong appearing unless she becomes the second player in an upcoming Luigi's Mansion game. Donkey Kong's crazy. And I'd like more from his franchise and sub franchises in Smash Bros.

I would not take a sentient set of Gamecube Bongo drums though.

:troll:

Impa: Predict 45%

Nominations: Flying Man x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance - 25% - I pretty much see her in K. Rool's shadow. I think it's about 65% we get a DK character, and this is just the leftovers from K. Rool's day. I see her getting in, if not K. Rool, due to recency and some degree of popularity, though not to the extent of K. Rool.

Want - 40% - Meh. Not quite as thrilling as K. Rool, even after getting my hands on Tropical Freeze. Still basically dealing with a female Diddy. Do we really want more Hoo-hah, even post nerf?

Impa Prediction - 36.74% - Some support due to being the only real newcomer left for Zelda, though many say the series is near complete.

Nominations - New Guidance Conversations X5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is meant to give perspective on my ratings. They tend to be a lot lower than most here.

King K. Rool: 33.34%
Captain Toad: 30%
Isaac: 27.5%
Krystal: 7.5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 2%

Dixie Kong: 17.5%

+ Relatively Popular
+ New DK Character
+ Iconic Female Nintendo Character
+ Recently in a DK Game
+ Planned as part of a tag-team with Diddy in Brawl
+ Easy to make for a newcomer
-- In the shadow of the incredibly popular King K. Rool
- Another DK primate
- Less unique than many potential choices

All in all, Dixie is a strong candidate for DLC, but is held back by the behemoth that is King K. Rool, who has much more popularity than her, more moveset potential than her, and a more distinct look and feel from her (and other DK candidates). She's not out of the running at all, though, because she has a lot going for her as well: she's quite possibly the most popular and iconic female character left in Nintendo's lineup (Krystal is fighting for that spot as well), she's not held back by not being in a recent game like K. Rool, and she's a potentially easier character to make, having the same build as Diddy Kong.

Ultimately, I only rate her lower than K. Rool because the DLC poll will likely focus on the more popular characters, and because I don't see more than one DK newcomer as all that likely.

I do think that a DK newcomer is definitely the most likely out of any other series, though. Note that the combined chance scores that I've given to K. Rool and Dixie add up to a little over 50%. I think that's reasonable if we only get two or three DLC newcomers, as I expect.

Want: 40%
I have no attachment to her, and I prefer the character and potential of King K. Rool, but I don't have any reason not to like her either. She's definitely got her fans, and I'm all for more female characters. The only reason that I have her want score as a little under neutral is because I'd rather get someone else if I had a choice.

Impa Prediction: 14.95%

Nominations: Ms. Pac-Man Alternate Costume x5

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Dixie likelihood: 75%
She's a female character that would be easy to add since you can base her upon diddy. She's also relevant thanks to tropical freeze and is fairly popular. I'd say she has a good shot, not the best but fair

YAAAAAASSSSS

Impa likelihood: 15%
The only way she's getting in is if sakurai feels the need to add a Zelda newcomer which is a real shame. Either that or if she's in Zelda wii u which is looking fairly probable right now

Impa Want:
See Dixie

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
(See i didnt do 0, to me 0=you'll die if they get in, just childish).
To me 0% just means "no interest whatsoever". It doesn't necessarily mean I hate the idea, (although it's a possibility) it's just I don't see anything about the character that interests me enough to give it a positive score.

0% is my baseline and you go up from there. (Some people would probably start at 50% as a default)

If I'm apathetic towards a character I would feel weird giving it anything over 0%. That would imply I have some level of desire for it to happen, which I don't.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Dixie Likelihood-- 75%
I've always seen her as a good contender, especially considering she's pretty popular and important to the DK series.
Dixie Want-- 100%
I'd love to see her, she's my most wanted dlc character (probably) and who I voted for in the ballot.

Impa likelihood-- 50%
If they go with another Zelda character (which for some reason I don't expect) it would probably be Impa.
Impa want-- 95%
Love Impa as a character, she's powerful and interesting and it would be cool to see her get a little more recognition.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Dixie Kong - Likelihood - 70%
I could easily see her getting in, she's the most relevant character in the DK series right now not to be in smash, and the series is severely underrepresented.

Dixie Kong - Want - 100%
For a character that's been a playable protagonist in one of nintendo's biggest series since 1995 and who's series was recently revived it's pretty crazy that she's still not in smash. She's definitely one of the most recognizable nintendo characters to still not be in the game. Anyone saying she'd be a clone of diddy has obviously never played a DKC game, that would be like saying metaknight would just be another kirby clone.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Dixie Kong:

Chance - 40%

+ DK Series is highly popular
+ Dixie is the most likely Kong at this point by a comfortable margin
+ Apparently worked on before
+ Easier DK choice to implement
- - - - - King K Rool

I expect a Donkey Kong representative and I do not think anyone other than Dixie or K Rool has a chance at being it. So it comes down to a fight between these two. In terms of the ballot, all indications are that K Rool has a solid lead. Dixie's chance is only as high as it is because she has the aforementioned points in her favour.

Want - 20%

I have fairly low expectations for the number of DLC characters we get. In particular, I don't think we'll get enough to get 2 more DK characters (Sakurai, prove me wrong). I don't have a particular dislike for Dixie, and you could work a decent moveset onto her (though the chance of being a Diddy clone is not insignificant), and support her as a character choice on her own merits but if she gets in on her own then I am going to have difficulty not thinking that she has taken the place of my most wanted newcomer.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Quick post, no nominations or predictions. I probably won't be rating for a while after today.

Dixie Kong's chances: 50%

Pretty much the same thing I said on K. Rool's day. I think it really could go either way.

While I'd rather have K. Rool, I'd have no problems whatsoever if Dixie got in instead. Personally, I think both should have been in by now.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chances: 50%

If an overwhelming number of votes for Dixie appear in the polls, then she will be developed for the game.

Want: 10%

I have never understood the popularity of this character, I could rant about why I think she shouldn't be added but honestly I don't really hate her, I just don't have any desire to see her in Sm4sh. I understand that she has a strong following of dedicated fans and for their sake I have chosen to give a 10% instead of a 0%, simply because I take great joy in seeing the fans get excited over any character. As for me, If Dixie was released as DLC I would buy her for completion sake and then use her very little or not at all.

Impa prediction: 25%

Nominations:
Inkling x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Dixie
60% Chance
Easy to make comparatively to other characters, muh relevancy, and is pretty popular. Seems like likely choice.
90% Want
-10% if she does not come with K Rool. I think both deserve it and DK content is always welcome, but K Rool> Dixie imo.
Nominating Wolf x 5

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Dixie:
Chance: 11%, if only because of the dedicated fanbase and her recent appearance in Tropical Freeze.
Want: 0%.

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong
Chance:
30%

I gave her a bit higher score than King K. Rool.
She might not be as requested as Rool, but I think that she has two distinct advantages.
1. She was in a recent release with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze while K. Rool wasn't the main villain. This revitalized some interest in the character as she was being promoted for the game.
2. She wouldn't take as much time as King K. Rool. She would be a unique character, but her model can be taken from Diddy Kong, create a few new moves, and there! Dixie Kong is playable!

Yes! Definitely!

Impa Prediction: 15.48%
Generous scores?

Nominations: Phoenix Wright 5x

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Dixie Kong
Chance: 45% - Donkey Kong surly does need another rep, but I feel that Dixie Kong would be out-prioritized by King K. Rool

Want: 0% - Please... no more monkeys...

Prediction: Impa 30%

Nominations: Wolf x5

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Dixie Kong
Chance: 45% - Donkey Kong surly does need another rep, but I feel that Dixie Kong would be out-prioritized by King K. Rool

Want: 0% - Please... no more monkeys...

Prediction: Impa 30%

Nominations: Wolf x5
Smash only has one monkey
Donkey Kong is a gorilla
Diddy Kong is a monkey
And Dixie Kong is a chimpanzee
After all, she has no tail :p

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong starred in her own game on SNES, DKC3.

She's literally one of the last Nintendo all-stars from the 90's who has yet to be in Smash.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Too many apes?

Lucario and Duck Hunt Dog are both canines.

By this logic we should be actively preventing Wolf from getting back in. BOO TO THE CANINES. WE HAVE TWO ALREADY.

Top Bottom