• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

Can't elaborate today, sorry.
Rayman:
Chance:25%
Want:15%
--------------------

Abstaining on predictions.
Noms:
Tetris Stage X5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Just asking, when is the next cut of the bottom of the nomination list set to happen? I ask this because if it happens soon, my Meta Crystal nominations could end up to be removed before I have the time to make them reach the 15 nominations mark if I keep the same nomination pace as I gave it today.
Haven't decided yet, but I'll definitely be giving enough notice. I'm assuming there'll be a Direct sometime soon - hopefully near the beginning of August - when we get Tourney mode and the SSB64 stages and Wolf plz as DLC. I assume we'll probably have a prediction/satisfaction day surrounding that, which would be the best time to clean up the nom list.

Bro...you talking about Amy? :O
(Off topic RE sidenote, I'll rate Rayman momentarily)
Oh yeah, Amy was my main in SC4. I am still hoping she'll show up in the next game (along with everyone else from SC4) and we get more on her. Also, I'm annoyed that SC5 cut everything about Raph and the fact that Viola is 95% chance to be Amy.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Rayman
Chance: 40%
With trophies in Smash, it at least makes negotiations a little bit easier. Now it just comes down to whether he has big enough support in the ballot. If we're talking about his history with Nintendo, ALL of his mainline games have been on a Nintendo console. He's been appearing on Nintendo consoles since Rayman 2, and it seems he'll still be making appearances.

Want: 80%
I've played Rayman and The Great Escape, and want to play Origins and Legends. Rayman is a fun series and I like the character. It would be great to see him appear alongside the other 3rd party fighters!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh yeah, Amy was my main in SC4. I am still hoping she'll show up in the next game (along with everyone else from SC4) and we get more on her. Also, I'm annoyed that SC5 cut everything about Raph and the fact that Viola is 95% chance to be Amy.
Wholeheartedly agree.
Since Viola is most likely Amy and I really don't like the new characters in SC5, I'm hoping the next game is actually a series reboot with all the best characters/music/elements.
Of course they could also just make Viola Amy's lost twin or something and bring her back and that'd be cool too. Either way, Amy and Raphael are my favorite characters, it's a shame Namco didn't know what to do with them. :I

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm gonna give this a shot.

Rayman
Chance: 50%
Popular sure, but from a 3rd party that Nintendo's not on too good of terms with.

Want: 100%
Love the character design, personality, game series, universe, potential, everything! Would love to see him make it.

Predictions:
Gardevoir- 9%
Serperior- 1%

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Popular sure, but from a 3rd party that Nintendo's not on too good of terms with.
I just kinda need to get this off my chest because it's kinda bothering me

I do get that Ubi has been quite questionable lately (rushing games and delaying Rayman Legends (which was againt the dev team's will and they even demonstrated in front of Ubi's headquarters)). But we must not forget that the Company has supported the WiiU more than both Namco and Capcom combined. Add the fact that Nintendo said (in a recent interview) that they see Ubisoft as one of their biggest 3rd party supporters and that Nintendo of Japan are publishing every just dance and Rayman game over in Japan and I'd say the two companies have a pretty healthy relationship other than a lot of people here seem to think.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I could be wrong, it just doesn't seem all that healthy of a relationship from an outside view. Love to be wrong though.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Rayman's chances: 20%

I'm hesitant to rate third parties too high, but Rayman is pretty popular and even manages to have a trophy, so I think he has a decent shot.

Want: 80%

Despite not being a big fan of his games, I think he'd be a cool addition.

Gardevoir and Serperior predictions: 1.77% each

Nominations: Fossil Fighter x10!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Rayman:

Chance: 35%
Want: 95% I want a western 3rd party character really bad!!!

Prediction
Gardevoir Chance: 2%
Serperior Chance: 4%

Nomination: Next smash has new director x 5

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm new to this kind of thing, but I'll give a rating for Rayman.

Chances:
50%: With the effort to added up to 3 Rayman related trophies in the game where Rayman himself isn't playable, I wouldn't doubt a negotiation to make him more and become a playable fighter could happen, but I wouldn't guarantee that of happening for him to have a DLC role. But with Nintendo saying more than one DLC Ballot character can happen, and that they would consider more 3rd party choices, he may have a chance. Plus Nintendo is still being supported by Ubisoft, anything could go. It really just depends mostly by the fan request at this point.

Want:
100%: Despite my interest in Smash Bros isn't as high as It was when I was playing Melee and Brawl back in the day, Rayman is a childhood hero of mine, and if he got in as a playable character, he would be Sonic 2.0 for me as Sonic was for me in Brawl when he was first revealed. But since so many fans would liked his inclusion, I hope they get their wanted character.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Rayman

No explanation, just apply what I said for him the last time.

Chance: 35%

Prediction
Gardevoir Chance: 2%
Serperior Chance: 2%

Nomination: Lana x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Picking from third-party newcomers (not indies), I think it's either him or Bayonetta.
But how do we know another third party character will happen? Isn't that whole argument based around the thought that one is guaranteed?

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
RAYMAN

Chance: 65%

This all comes down to whether or not Sakurai cares enough to make Rayman playable. Sure, he has a model in the game, but that's all it is so far. We don't know if Sakurai is actually going to care enough about Rayman to make a moveset from the ground up (I still don't know if Sakurai has seen the publicity of the ArtsyOmni leak). We also don't know the full backstory of why the trophies are in the game in the first place except for the fact that Sakurai himself asked for them. For all we know, he could have just added them for the sake of adding them (though I don't like to think that he did).

I'll say this, Rayman's chances are higher than any other third-party, but it really comes down to Sakurai's Rayman knowledge (if he has any).

This would be a dream come true for me. I'm saying this not just as a fan of Nintendo, but a fan of gaming as a whole.

Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Rayman, and Solid Snake all have a great history across dozens of gaming platforms. The Super Smash Brothers franchise has always been a big family reunion for the popular :4mario: and the not-so-popular :4shulk: video game characters. No matter what you people may think of Rayman, he is a video game character through and through. He also has a 20 year history with the world. Sure, you wouldn't see him on t-shirts as much as Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man, but he has touched our hearts one way or another with just how zany he is.
Chance: 65% -> 70%

I don't really think the addition of Ryu changed anything when it comes to Rayman's chances due to the fact that he wasn't a ballot character, but the reason I raised the percentage is because Rayman is last third-party character I could see being added to the game should no other character get in the way. He has the biggest support next to Banjo if you ignore the unlikely indie characters, and Banjo himself doesn't look all that likely due to him being owned by Microsoft. Plus there's the fact that Rayman is already in the game in some form. If Rayman is a character with a large amount of votes, I could see Sakurai choosing him due to the fact that he would just need the permission of Ubisoft and not need to go through lisencing issues and such.

Rayman will always be my most wanted character for this game. He has history, and he may not be as popular as Mario, Sonic, or Pac-Man, but he's still iconic and I love him.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Rayman

Chance: 50%
I'm going to go ahead and say that Rayman has a fighting chance to become a DLC fighter. Rayman has a long history with Nintendo starting with Rayman 2. Both of his games wouldn't have even come to existence if it wasn't for the two recent Nintendo consoles. And the Wii U version of Rayman Legends even has Mario and Luigi costumes, the other consoles have exclusive costumes but of only other Ubisoft franchises. Even though it doesn't seem like it, Ubisoft is still a valuable third-party company to Nintendo. And yeah, Ubisoft may be one of the worst companies out there, but Capcom managed to get two representatives into Smash, one rep hasn't even had a proper game in forever.

But man, if Rayman got into Smash Bros he would bring so much to the table. His limblessness is beyond unique and his moveset would be just as well. His two recent games are brimmed with creativity for stages. Rayman games have this uniqueness to them that they feel like no other games. Rayman is my favorite character of all time and having him in Smash Bros to battle with the Legends would be beyond incredible.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Rayman
Chance: 20%
Want: 60%

Nominations: Tag team stock mode x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
RAYMAN
CHANCE: 30.10%
WANT: 58.90%
Next up we're rating two third-evolution green Pokemon: Gardevoir and Serperior. Also please predict what score the concepts of a new Metroid Prime stage and SSB4 getting an NX port will receive tomorrow.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Gardevoir

The time has finally come.

I don’t expect her chances to be all that high considering she already has a role in-game, which is why I’m more so interested in the want rating. I also decided to go over a few arguments I’ve heard throughout my time here whenever we’ve rated Pokémon, because why not~

There are too many Pokémon “reps”

The roster isn't divvied up based on "reps". It's based on what seems good and what works - if a series is popular and has good characters to work with, there's no reason why it should be limited because of simple numbers. The issue shouldn't be broken down to a paint-by-numbers scenario; a character should be judged based on individual merit rather than the series emblem they bear. Sakurai does not work to fulfill an arbitrary quota of characters per series. If the character has potential and would fit well into the roster, the triviality of numbers of characters per series and non-existent criteria is rendered essentially and fundamentally redundant.

Gardevoir would be redundant since we have both a Psychic and Fairy type already in the roster

I beg to differ. Having the same typing as another Pokémon who’s already in the game does not mean that they would play identical, or even similarly to each other. Take for example Squirtle and Greninja, both Water types yet they play completely differently from each other. I also think that choosing Pokémon solely because of what typing they’d represent is a bit shallow, and serves to further limit potential newcomers that can be unique despite sharing a commonality with another character.

If despite all this, however, you still want to argue this case, I’d argue that Gardevoir could represent the Fairy typing better than Jigglypuff, which currently has zero Fairy moves within Smash herself.

Okay, so how would she be different?

I’m glad you asked~

Before I go any further, here’s a move-set I designed for Gardevoir that shows how she could potential play.

Neutral-b:

Psybeam - Gardevoir charges her psychic power and unleashes a beam of intense energy. The beam takes a few seconds to charge fully and can be stored for later use, and the amount of charge it has will alter its output: if released immediately, the beam will do minimal damage; at its full capacity, the beam is considerably larger and a lot more powerful. It can even be aimed at an upward or downward angle for added tactical advantage!

CUSTOM 1: Hyper Beam - A devastating beam that does immense damage, yet can only be released at its maximum capacity. It also takes a toll on dear ol' Gardevoir, and after firing it, she will have to rest for a couple of seconds before she can move again. Although it's slow to fire and has intense endlag, it's easily Gardevoir's most powerful move and its immense damage and knockback speaks for itself.

CUSTOM 2: Charge Beam - A beam of pure electricity that paralyzes the opponent. Rather than launching the opponent, it does a small amount of damage and stuns the enemy for a moment, allowing Gardevoir to take advantage of them in their helpless state. It does no knockback, however, and cannot kill the opponent. It's the smallest and fastest of Gardevoir's beams and can be charged and stored at will.

Side-b:

Psyshock - Gardevoir strikes the opponent with a burst of psychic energy. The blast travels a short distance ahead of Gardevoir and launches the opponent upwards, doing decent damage and moderate knockback - follow up with a combo when the opponent is in the air and let 'em have it!

CUSTOM 1: Psywave - Gardevoir strikes with a burst of energy that affects the opponent in a variety of unpredictable ways. This move has a chance of paralyzing, freezing or burning the opponent, and the damage dealt caries from 1% to 10%. It doesn't do any knockback, though, and there's a chance it may not even cause flinching. Will Lady Luck smile upon you, or will you fall prey to the wrath of the RNG gods?

CUSTOM 2: Psycho Cut - Gardevoir strikes with a deadly blade of psychic energy. Though the range is much weaker than the default move (only striking directly in front of Gardevoir), is slower to come out and does no knockback, the blade will instantly shatter the opponent's shield if it connects and does more damage.

Down-b:

Barrier - Gardevoir summons a sphere of psychic energy that reflects projectiles from all angles. It doesn't defend against physical attacks, though, and a strong attack will shatter the barrier, forcing Gardevoir to wait a few seconds before summoning it again. Summoning the barrier will also push away the opponent, making it a useful keepaway tool if you need some space.

CUSTOM 1: Safeguard - Gardevoir summons a psychic shield that absorbs projectiles and converts them into health. The shield is much bigger than usual, though its intangible nature means the opponent can rush right in and attack Gardevoir without having to shatter it first. On the plus side, it doesn't have any recharge time, and absorbing a projectile while an ally is inside its area of effect will restore their health too - just remember that the same applies to the opponent as well.

CUSTOM 2: Trick Room - Gardevoir summons a psychic aura with a very unexpected power. This move creates a stationary barrier that increases the speed and knockback power of both the summoner and their allies, while doing the opposite to the opponent. This move is unique in that the barrier itself does not follow Gardevoir, and is instead placed where it is summoned. The effect only lasts while you're within the barrier itself, and it only lasts a few seconds, at which point it has a very long recharge time before it can be used again.

Up-b:

Return - Using her psychic energy and fueled by the love for her Trainer, Gardevoir creates a series of afterimages and travels through them. The images can be aimed in any direction and Gardevoir will move through them immediately after using the move, doing continuous damage and releasing a powerful explosion upon reaching the final image. It isn't very fast and doesn't travel very far, so caution must be exercised when aiming it.

CUSTOM 1: Frustration - Gardevoir uses her psychic energy to take to the skies with great force. Each image does miminal damage and it doesn't travel as far, but when it hits the opponent at the last image, it spikes them straight down with terrifying fury. As Frustration is weaker the more love Gardevoir has for her Trainer, it's not very strong, though the overwhelming power at the end of its journey is useful for catching the opponent off-guard.

CUSTOM 2: U-Turn - Gardevoir dashes though the air with great speed, then immediately returns right back to where she took off from. Gardevoir turns in a sharp U if she hits an opponent, and otherwise will just dash straight ahead without changing direction. It doesn't travel as far, but the knockback is tremendous and can be useful for making a quick retreat if things get too hectic in the air.

Jab - Gardevoir thrusts her hand out and releases a combo of up to three magical shimmers

F-tilt - Gardevoir releases a narrow beam of psychic power that strikes dead ahead

U-tilt - Gardevoir thrusts her head upwards, striking with a wondrous halo of psychic energy

D-tilt - Gardevoir spins on her heel, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

Dash - Gardevoir spreads her arms out and waltzes as she runs, knocking the opponent away with a trail of psychic energy

F-smash - Gardevoir hovers into the air and thrusts her hands out, creating a miniature black hole in front of her. It also has a sucking effect and does continuous damage before sending the opponent flying.

U-smash (Dazzling Gleam) - Gardevoir thrusts her hands out at either side, releasing a dazzling gleam overhead

D-smash - Gardevoir spins in a graceful pirouette and strikes low with her legs, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

N-air (Magical Leaf) - Gardevoir releases a flurry of magical leaves all around, blowing back nearby opponents

F-air (Fairy Wind) - Gardevoir moves her arm upwards like a conductor's baton, summoning a gust of wind that blow the opponent away from her

B-air - Gardevoir kicks behind, striking with a shimmering blast of her heel

U-air - Gardevoir gracefully strikes above in a shimmering upward sweep of her body

D-air - Gardevoir spins gently downwards, the tips of her feet shimmering with psychic power

F-throw - Gardevoir spins her opponent around in a deadly waltz and throws them with a burst of psychic power;

B-throw - Gardevoir turns on her heel and drops the opponent on the ground with a graceful bow;

U-throw - Gardevoir throws her opponent upwards with an upward thrust of her spinning hands;

D-throw - Gardevoir drops the opponent onto the ground and kicks them away with a tap of her psionic toe

Final Smash: Moonblast - Gardevoir flies to the center of the stage and Mega Evolves. A large moon appears on the background and Gardevoir uses Hyper Voice to instantly stuns all the opponents in place before launching a super-powered Moonblast down at her unlucky victim, doing decent damage and tremendous knockback to all caught in its magnificent range.

Taunt 1: Gardevoir bows down and salutes, like performers do after a show.

Taunt 2: Gardevoir puts her hands together and floats quickly from side to side, which appear as afterimages.

Taunt 3: Gardevoir teleports around while doing a slow Balse dance by herself.

The idea that I had in mind is basically a frail, graceful fighter that specializes in zoning and keep-away. Various dance moves and motions are incorporated into her move-set, as well as her taunts, which goes well with what she’s meant to resemble, a principal dancer. A graceful and elegant fighter, but none the less deadly. She also has a couple of keep-away tools, such as her f-air, which creates a small wind that pushes enemies back, and her f-smash, which is helpful against characters that recklessly try to rush down, and she also has decent speed that can help her fall back from dire situations. Finally, she has an ability that most other characters with projectiles don’t have, she is able to angle Psybeam, putting more emphasis on her zoning specialty.

All that being said however, she is incredibly frail. She is extremely light and floaty, which makes her die quickly. She has the keep-away tools to cover for this, but if one manages to breakthrough her projectile line, it will hurt, and it will hurt hard. She can handle herself up-close as well, but her physical frailness and lightness will make her prefer staying as far away from the opponent as possible.

In other words, she’s the hypothetical love child of Robin and Jigglypuff~

Both Timid natured for the added speed, of course~

This idea comes from the fact that in the Pokémon games, she has really good Special Attack but very poor physical Defense. Her decent speed helps her cover for her physical weakness, but a well-placed blow may very well KO her in one go.

Not saying that she would necessarily play like this if she were to become playable, just giving out a fun idea on how I think and would like for her to play~

It would be a random Pokémon

While its popularity certainly doesn’t reach the likes of Pikachu, Charizard, or even Lucario, to say that it’s just a random Pokémon is incorrect. It doesn’t match the levels of popularity that these Pokémon have (neither does Greninja actually), but Gardevoir is definitely not an obscure Pokémon by any means either and is actually quite the fan favorite. Not only is it somewhat seen as the face of Fairy types since it obtained the second typing, and being one of the most commonly used Fairies competitively as well, but also has a Mega Evolution, serves as the final obstacle of X and Y (being Champion Diantha’s final and most powerful Pokémon), and is also one of the playable characters in the new Pokkén Tournament. This isn’t all just recent either, back before Gen VI was a thing she served multiple roles as well; Gardevoir was Wally’s main Pokémon in S/R/E and has appeared in a lot of Pokémon spin-off games to date in one way or another, including the Ranger games, Trozei, Rumble games, and Mystery Dungeon; the last of which she had a central role in the story of Red/Blue Rescue Team. She's not an iconic Pokemon by any means, but like I mentioned earlier, that didn't stop Greninja, and she's a fan favorite that's been a part of many spin-offs as well as having a few roles in the main games in one way or another.

Having addressed all of these things however, I do acknowledge that there are a few issues present that are may have a hand in preventing her inclusion not just as Ballot DLC, but in Smash in general.

She is not an iconic Pokémon

While I said earlier that she is not an obscure Pokémon and is actually quite the fan favorite, it still doesn’t mean that she is any likelier to be considered. It’s a step up from most other Pokémon, but there are other Pokémon that are far more popular than Gardevoir, such as Gengar or Sceptile, for example.

There’s no guarantee that Sakurai would go back for her

Sakurai tends to pick from what’s recent and popular at present time. The only instance I can recall where Sakurai went back for a character was with the very own Pokémon Trainer, who is essentially Red, the protagonist of Gen I, and the three original starters. K. Rool would be another instance of Sakurai going back for a character if he ends up as DLC too~

No ballot support

She has very little ballot support for Smash 4 DLC, one of the possible main reasons is due to her already having a role within the game already. There is no telling if support would have been higher if she wasn’t an assist Pokémon but I think it’s safe to say that her in-game role is the major reason she has non-existent support.

She’s an Assist Pokémon

Pretty much the nail on the coffin for her chances as Smash 4 DLC. While it’s not officially confirmed if characters with in-game roles can’t be DLC, Occam’s razor leads me to believe this is the case. It’s very unlikely that Sakurai would touch any characters that have a role within the game. This, I believe, is what makes her chance as DLC a plain zero.

Though in a strange way, I see this as somewhat of a blessing. In every new installment of the Smash series, Pokéball summons tend to get replaced with Pokémon of newer games, most likely to promote the Pokémon of said new gen, and as such, very few past assists are left in. Such is the case for Gardevoir. I like to think that Sakurai liked her enough, or saw her as popular enough to keep around for Smash 4, and while it may not necessarily be the case, it’s a nice thought all the same.

Chance: 0.5%

Yeah, I don’t think she’s happening for Smash DLC. It’s not a complete zero because there is a slight possibility, but I doubt it.

Want: 721,899,685 (100%)

My second favorite Pokémon ever~

I think I would faint if she were to make it in, probably the first time I would scream at the top of my lungs in hype~!

Serperior

Chance: 2%
Want: 25%

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Rayman
Chance: 25%
Rayman as another isn't that out of left field. You have to admit he's probably the only third party that actually makes the most sense to be another third party newcomer through DLC. He is represented as a trophy in the game. While the relationship between Ubisoft's and Nintendo has been somewhat rocky Nintendo still comes out and say they're still one of their biggest third party supporters. While their May not be as big as SEGA, Capcom, or Namco they still have a good bit history and connection with being on Nintendo platforms. A companies relationship with Nitnendo shouldn't be the only factor against a third party inclusion. He does have the star power more than any other third party that could show up as DLC, something that no other third part franchises that getting voted for can say at all. He has the ballot support and and he is one of the more likely third parties that could probably end up making the cut.

Ryu's inclusion does prove that third parties are indeed possible for DLC. I can see at least two more making it in and they can be from different companies. Sakurai said third parties have to be very special and very iconic to make it into the Smash roster, or else they'll be this gap in between the Nintendo characters. Personally I think the third parties that we have do fill that gap and it could be filled even more with Rayman and maybe another thrd party (I'm talking about Snake when I say this). I'd love to see him in and he'd be very unique fighter and will work well with the rest of the cast with a quirky moveset that Smash is known for.

Prediction
Gardevoir Prediction: 2x
Serperior Chance: 2%

Nomination: Lana x4

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Gardevoir
Chance: 0%
Being a Poke Ball summon already destroys her chances.
Want: 0%

Serperior
Chance: 2%

Predictions:
Metroid Prime Concept Stage: 41%
Smash 4 NX Port: 46%

Nominations:
Two Characters from the same series as DLC: x5

Sorry for the incomplete post. Accidentally pressed the "Post" button.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gardevoir

Already an NPC.

Want: Abstain

Serperior

Chance: 1%

Another Pokemon out of many to choose from.

Want: Abstain

Predictions:

New Metroid Prime Stage - 5%

NX Port - 30%

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Gardevoir

Gardevoir is a popular pokemon, leagues above her (maybe his) male counterpart, but there are several problems...1) She is a summon, HUGE problem...2) Mewtwo came as DLC which may limit the chances of any pokemon...3) Mewtwo, again pretty much fills a similar niche that Gardevoir would, but being a pokemon has it's advantages that there is more versatility in that regard, but Gardrvoir is a defensive psychic type in a similar vein as Mewtwo...4)700+ other candidates to compete with, sure she's probably one of the top 50 most popular easy, but that it still a big hill to climb, especially with Sceptile and the veteran pokes leading the charge with support...Though there is the fact that she's got the added Mega to go with her role as Diantha's ace in gen 6...so there's that as well...

but yeah she's a long shot at best and her addition as a poke ball summon is pretty much Sakurai's way of recognizing her popularity, I mean not every pokemon can make it in so that's pretty much were it ends for Gardevoir unfortunately...

----

Want: 90%
Love Gardevoir one of my favourite Psychic types and easily my favourite Fairy type (don't really like too many fairy types to begin with but Gardevoir is a definitive first for that typing) and having her in Smash could be interesting especially if Sakurai focuses on the Fairy type aspect of her possible moveset...sure Jiggs is also a fairy type but uses no fairy type moves...

However Pokken is a thing, so we'll see how she plays in that game (though I will probably use Weavile 99% of the time so maybe I'll never use her :p)

----

Serperior

Chance: 0.1%
Serperior is arguably the most popular 5th gen starter, which isn't saying much since they are the least liked amoung starters...however Serperior could serve a similar niche as Sceptile for being the grass starter, but Sceptile's got a boat load more support than any pokemon with only the veterans being his biggest competition...couple that with the likelihood that we'll even get another pokemon for DLC since we may get character spread between other franchises (which so far isn't confirmed but based on what we have that's how it looks)

----

Want: 10%
Why Serperior? If we should get another grass starter besides Sceptile and Ivysaur then wynaut the brutish Chesnut gopher Chesnaught? Seed Bomb's, Spiky Sheild, Hammer Arm...rather than a serpent that may seem a bit more awkward to use in a fighting game, heck even for Pokken Serperior's looking liek a longshot, with Sceptile once agin being it's major competition there...I'll pass on this one...

also fun fact: both Gardevoir and Serperior I have named Zelda at one point; Gardevoir because it fits and Serperior because I couldn't think of a better name, though there's a theory that the Gen 5 starters were based on the Triforce Trio...(and a lot of other aspects of Gen 5 actually)

----
Prediction:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage: 14.52%

Concept: Smash 4 NX port: 3.47%

Oh tomorrow's gonna be a big one!!!! I am actually quite optimistic for that chances of a stage happening even though characters are pretty much out of the question :(....as for an NX port, unless it gets released at the end of the year (very unlikely) this is very likely to not happen...

----

Nominations:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
Concept: Tetris Stage x2
!Rerate: Wolfless Midna x2
Concept: 2 or more DLC characters from same series x1

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Gardevoir

Pokemon already has a large enough amount of reps, and even if that wasn't the case Gardevior is a pokeball Pokemon. But let's even forget that, There are a lot of Pokemon, and Gardevior just doesn't have the importance to warrant and inclusion. Most Pokemon reps have had there inclusion tied to the Anime/Movies, that includes Jigglypuff with the early days of the anime, and Lucario, Mewtwo, Charizard(solo) with the movies. The only exceptions are Pkmn Trainer, Pikachu and Greninja. Unless Gardevior gets a movie it may never get in.

We don't need anymore Pokemon reps.

Serperior

Chance:10%

Greninja, who is also a starter, got in so Serperior is possible, the only issue is well... Greninja got in. Also Greninja was chosen based off design alone so I do doubt it will make it.

Same reason as Gardavior.

Predictions

New Metroid Prime stage:20%

NX Port: 50%

Nomination: Nights from Nights Journey into Dreams. x5

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wooo! Round 2. Let's do this! *cracks neck*

Gardevoir
Chances: 5%- Already being in the game as an NPC hurts her chances a lot, being from a series with so many other popular choices also doesn't help. Maybe her inclusion in Pokken helps.
Want: 0%- Just not interested in more Pokemon

Serperior
Chances: 1%- It's a Nintendo character. At least it has that going for it.
Want: 0%- Same as before.

Predictions:
New MP stage- 10%
Nx Port- 44%

Nomination: Mini Kangaroo x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gardevoir
Chances: 5%- Already being in the game as an NPC hurts her chances a lot, being from a series with so many other popular choices also doesn't help. Maybe her inclusion in Pokken helps, but if there's to be a grass-type Pokemon, I'd put my money on Sceptile or Ivysaur's return.
Gardevoir's not a grass type:facepalm:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Gardevoir, the Embrace Pokémon
#282 Psychic/Fairy

Chance: 2.5%
Ah Gardevoir, how you make fanboys go nuts and the internet explode...
Despite being possibly a bigger R34 magnet than Zero Suit Samus, Gardevoir has a lot going for her. As much as Gen 3 is the Scrappy generation for a lot of people who started with Gen 1, the Gardevoir line is one of the few Gen 3 Pokémon that is well liked by a large portion of the fandom. And she's not just for pervs - Gardevoir has a Mega evolution of her own that is decently powerful (I managed to pretty well sweep AS with her once I got the Gardevoirite), and was further upgraded to become a new representative of the extremely powerful Fairy type. Personally, I love her design, and I'm really excited to finally see her in action in Pokken - which would make her a great mon to see in Smash.
Alas, she's a Pokéball summon, and she's performing a move that could be done by any number of other mons. While I don't consider being an NPC as a death sentence, it does definitely hurt in two ways: one, if they don't want the same character on-screen in two roles, they'd need to comment the Pokéball out, which Sakurai may not want to do; and two, since most of the internet believes that being an NPC will absolutely kill a character, she has little ballot support. Pity, since I'd love to see her in action. She does bring a lot of what people want in a new Pokémon rep: a 3rd gen, who's still a fan favorite; a Pokémon who doesn't use a type that's already in the vanilla game; and muhrelevance.
One sidenote - I named my AS Gardevoir 'Zelda,' which offers another potential threat: Gardevoir could be an easy clone of Hyrule's princess. Even if they made her unique, people would still complain about how clone-y she is, and that could get in the way.​
Serperior, the Regal Pokémon
#497 Grass

...interesting. I feel like rehashing old arguments for this one, featuring a similar Pokémon...
Sceptile
Honestly, I don't think Sceptile has much going for him right now. He was definitely affected by the 'recent release' hype, so now that ORAS has been out a while, I think that quieted down. Also, he may not be super popular since we just got a Pokémon DLC, so another before we get anything else seems odd.
I think his biggest problem is that I don't see anything going for Sceptile himself, but just reasons why he should be in because XYZ is in. Most of the arguments are "Well, Charizard and Greninja are starters so we should have a grass starter to finish the trio"
  • The type effectiveness mechanic was only in the Pokémon trainer from the last game, and that's gone now. We don't need a grass-type any more than we need another type - the damage from all types is the same.
  • But he's not the only starter there is, and certainly not the most notable.
There's also the fact that, if we do get new Pokémon DLC, we've got three Pokémon veterans who were cut. Sakurai said (which to some people is word of God, others take it as something he'll change his mind on next week) that he didn't like to cut anyone, so Squirtle, Ivysaur, and possibly even Pichu are higher on the totem pole than Sceptile.
Of course, I don't like all Gen 1 and 2s unconditionally, nor do I hate all Gen 3-6s unconditionally, I just think it takes a lot more to impress me now that I'm older than it did when I was in middle school. And sometimes, it needs to grow - I'm finally coming to like Lucario after he was shoved up our ***es for an entire generation. But the best starters for me will always be the first ones I started with: Charizard and Squirtle.
Yeah...just because Serperior is a grass starter, so what? What is so notable about him that makes him better than any of the other 720 mons? Even if we only consider Gen 5's, that leaves 154 other mons to choose from. And Game Freak did try to promote Zoroark (true, they were banking on its similarity to Lucario, and it backfired. Strange, people tend to prefer the original to an expy...[/sarcasm])
I think that characters, particularly the Pokémon, should get in based on their own strengths, not based on perceived holes in the roster. And "We don't have a Grass-type! We also don't have a Gen 5!" are not anything but trying to pick holes.
Besides, wasn't Snivy always more popular? At least Snivy had limbs so he could move around. I can't imagine a snake jumping around and shooting an NES zapper too well, even if this is the bizarro world of Smash.
Metroid Prime stage Prediction: 8.9%
NX Port Prediction: 75.0%

Nom: Midna x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gardevoir

Chance - 0% - Pokeball summon. I don't think she's set to appear.

Want - 35% - Honestly, while not totally random, there are plenty of Pokemon I'd rather get in before her.

Serperior

Chance - 7.05% - Well, among the 5th generation of starters, he's probably the most popular, and many see the grass type niche as needing to be filled (regardless of whether or not it actually exists). Not seemingly requested as a character, though.

Want - 70% - Honestly, I would prefer him over Sceptile. Having a regal snake would probably add more variety than what would essentially amount to another speedy quickster. I don't view his lack of limbs as a problem; Snakes are essentially one giant one that consists of most of their body.

Predictions

Metroid Prime stage - 9.24% - Random guess...

NX Port - 42.42% - Just for the sake of it...

Nominations

Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X5

Troykv

Smash Master
Gardevoir

Chance: 0.5%

Be a Assist Pokémon and has a lot competition.

Want: 60%

I like this Pokémon Design, I think is so cool.

Serperior:

Chance: 5%

TOO much competition

Want: 50%

I'm okay with him

Predictions:

Metroid Prime Stage: 10.2%
NX Port: 23%

Nominations:

Series get two or more DLC Characters (the new ShinyRegice nomination that is related with my other nomination) x3
Rerate! Micaiah x2

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman

Gardevoir, the Embrace Pokémon
#282 Psychic/Fairy

Chance: 2.5%
Ah Gardevoir, how you make fanboys go nuts and the internet explode...
Despite being possibly a bigger R34 magnet than Zero Suit Samus, Gardevoir has a lot going for her. As much as Gen 3 is the Scrappy generation for a lot of people who started with Gen 1, the Gardevoir line is one of the few Gen 3 Pokémon that is well liked by a large portion of the fandom. And she's not just for pervs - Gardevoir has a Mega evolution of her own that is decently powerful (I managed to pretty well sweep AS with her once I got the Gardevoirite), and was further upgraded to become a new representative of the extremely powerful Fairy type. Personally, I love her design, and I'm really excited to finally see her in action in Pokken - which would make her a great mon to see in Smash.
Alas, she's a Pokéball summon, and she's performing a move that could be done by any number of other mons. While I don't consider being an NPC as a death sentence, it does definitely hurt in two ways: one, if they don't want the same character on-screen in two roles, they'd need to comment the Pokéball out, which Sakurai may not want to do; and two, since most of the internet believes that being an NPC will absolutely kill a character, she has little ballot support. Pity, since I'd love to see her in action. She does bring a lot of what people want in a new Pokémon rep: a 3rd gen, who's still a fan favorite; a Pokémon who doesn't use a type that's already in the vanilla game; and muhrelevance.
One sidenote - I named my AS Gardevoir 'Zelda,' which offers another potential threat: Gardevoir could be an easy clone of Hyrule's princess. Even if they made her unique, people would still complain about how clone-y she is, and that could get in the way.​
Serperior, the Regal Pokémon
#497 Grass

...interesting. I feel like rehashing old arguments for this one, featuring a similar Pokémon...

Yeah...just because Serperior is a grass starter, so what? What is so notable about him that makes him better than any of the other 720 mons? Even if we only consider Gen 5's, that leaves 154 other mons to choose from. And Game Freak did try to promote Zoroark (true, they were banking on its similarity to Lucario, and it backfired. Strange, people tend to prefer the original to an expy...[/sarcasm])
I think that characters, particularly the Pokémon, should get in based on their own strengths, not based on perceived holes in the roster. And "We don't have a Grass-type! We also don't have a Gen 5!" are not anything but trying to pick holes.
Besides, wasn't Snivy always more popular? At least Snivy had limbs so he could move around. I can't imagine a snake jumping around and shooting an NES zapper too well, even if this is the bizarro world of Smash.
Metroid Prime stage Prediction: 8.9%
NX Port Prediction: 75.0%

Nom: Midna x5

Gardevoir
Chance - 1% already a pokeball
Want - 5%

Serperior
Chance - 10% despite snivy being a pokeball, there is still little chance that this one will make it in, unless it is for next game

Want - 80%
I am rather excited by the idea of having a fighter with a body of the serpent. If anyone is concerned about holding items or gabbing anything, look closely at the leafy hands, and they can be used to spawn out vines. For jumping, Serperior can force its whole slim body off the ground and do a full 360 forward flip. The tricky part is implementing signature grass-type moves while having some moves that share traits of a snake.

Prediction:

Metroid Prime Stage - 7%
Smash 4 NX Port - 44%

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Two more Pokémon tonight. Just goes to show you how many interesting options the series has, doesn't it?

Though these in particular have some major flaws holding them back...

--

Gardevoir

Chance: 3%
The Embracer, a Psychic-type species that has rapidly become known as the non-legendary Psychic. With a large fan following--some work-safe, some...less so--Gardevoir would definitely have the star power to fit into Smash. The Fairy affinity Gardevoir recently gained would also open up some interesting things in her moveset, considering the Fairy-type we currently have uses no more of the type whatsoever.

And yet, it'll likely mean nothing in the long run thanks to Gardevoir already having a role as a summon. When there are so many compelling characters to choose from that wouldn't involve finagling with the games' code, the chance of the heavily-supported NPCs becoming playable is low. The final cold iron nail in the coffin? Gardevoir's support is severely lacking.

In a vacuum (or a miniature black hole, perhaps?) there'd be an interesting case...but unfortunately for Gardevoir, we can't ignore the surrounding circumstances.

Want: 35%
Another character I'd be mildly interested in that just doesn't measure up to a lot of others.

Serperior

Chance: 6%
So how about Ivysaur's cut from the roster? The total absence now of plant-based powers means that a character who has those powers can step right into a ready-made thematic niche, and the fans have noticed. Though Generation 5 may have been overlooked on the initial roster, the Smash Ballot could give it the attention many believe it deserves, and with Zoroark relegated to being a summon, Serperior seems to be the frontrunner among the Pokémon from it. An unconventional character with a serpentine body, no one can argue this character wouldn't be unique.

Unfortunately, the Gen 5 "frontrunner" is far behind many others within its own series. Most support right now is for 'mons from Gens 1, 3, and to an extent 6, and Serperior flat out isn't measuring up. Even within its own niche, Sceptile is far ahead and Ivysaur still moderately requested to return! And unlike some other 'mons we've discussed, we have no reason to believe the developers would've given Serperior a look.

Though the uniqueness is there and the niche is there for the taking, unless something big happens Serperior's odds are as limited as its natural movepool.

Want: 40%
I'd be all for a new Grass type and all the interesting powers they could bring to the table. Though I'm a a bigger fan of Sceptile, Serperior would definitely be different than anything else we currently have.

Prediction for the Concept of a New Metroid Prime Stage: 5.25%
The new Kirby stage got rated low. Imagine how much lower this'll be without the series having a frontrunner character.

Prediction for the Concept of a Smash 4 NX Port: 63.50%
Between the lasting DLC support and all the NX talk, this one'll go high regardless of the actual circumstances...even though said circumstances make it seem likely anyway.

Nominations:
Concept: Multiple DLC Characters from a Series x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Gardevoir

Want: 1%

Serperior

Want: 1%

Predictions: New Metroid prime stage 5%

Predictions: Smash 4 NX port 50%

Nominations: Pious X5.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Gardevoir chances: 0.4%
Serperior chances
: 0.05%
Gardevoir is already a Poké Ball summon and lacks support for being playable in Smash. Though it is one of the most popular generation III Pokémon, so I'll give it that. And for Serperior, besides possibly uniqueness coming from its design, I have no idea of what would be the incentives to make it playable.

Both want: 0%
Please, no more Pokémon newcomer... copy-pasting what I wrote from my Absol day:
Playable Pokémon in Smash Bros. can't be just picked willy-nilly; there's a sheer amount of popular and varied characters to choose from, probably more than any other Nintendo series, and you can't just select anyone because it inevitably ends up to add too little value to the roster at some point.
Well, I suppose Gardevoir would at least have some decent star power to be a contender for Smash, but I think is perfectly fine as a Poké Ball summon. And Serperior is just too random.

-----

New Metroid Prime stage prediction: 9.16%
We have yet to see precedence of brand new stage DLC being sold individually and we might get a past Metroid themed stage instead, so it will be low. (I suppose Frigate Orpheon doesn't count, right? This concept was originally nominated as a new Metroid Prime stage.)

Smash 4 NX port prediction: 21.23%
No idea about how well it will do, though I don't expect this to reach a very high score.

Nominating:
Concept: two or more DLC characters from the same series x3
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x2

RAYMAN
CHANCE: 30.10%
WANT: 58.90%
TFW you nominate a character because you think he's overrated then this character's chances actually raise... at least seeing him break the 50% want mark is nice. Besides, with him now ranking higher than Captain Toad in chances, here's the new chart:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/218756RTCDLCTop10chances7.png

Gardevoir
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Serperior
Want: 60% (a serpent-like fighter would be interesting)

New Metroid Prime stage prediction: 8%
Smash 4 NX port prediction: 38%

Nominations: Galacta Knight 5x

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Paging @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice . You know how we put a lock on Ryu and Roy for a week after the leaks broke, so people could settle down? We should probably do that here for K. Rool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I agree with locking, but only till the Direct which should (hopefully) clarify matters.

:231:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, just woke up and found this. Can't say it's good news for me...
I agree with locking, but only till the Direct which should (hopefully) clarify matters.

Sounds like a good idea - K.Rool rerate is locked for a few days.

Do we have an idea on when the Direct is? I've heard as early as Friday...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok, just woke up and found this. Can't say it's good news for me...

Sounds like a good idea - K.Rool rerate is locked for a few days.

Do we have an idea on when the Direct is? I've heard as early as Friday...
The costumes will be available on 31 July, in Japan at least. The Direct might be close by.

Top Bottom