• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Isaac
Chance: 0% - irrelevant, last game flopped badly.
Want: 0%

-Chorus Kids
Chance: no damn clue anymore.
Want: 100%

-Dixie
Chance: 50%
Want: 50%

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac
Chance: 55%, I'm probably going to be the most generous of all here. I think Isaac still has a pretty good chance at being in the game, just barely over 50/50 at this point. People argue that Isaac would just be unlockable as an AT again, but we've heard nothing, absolutely nothing at all about him, despite him being the second most popular AT promotion to playable, and all the major candidates are already covered. There is absolutely no reason to believe that all the unlockable Brawl AT's will still be unlockable, especially since we know there are new Pokeballs unlockable (one of which has been known for MONTHS). Sorry, if Isaac was still an AT, he should've been announced a long time ago.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 45%, out of my six most likely potential remaining characters, Dixie is the lowest. I think she's still got a chance, but honestly, K. Rool still has more going for him and any potential arguments for Dixie being more likely aren't valid anymore.
Want: 99%, I'd love Dixie Kong. I'd prefer K. Rool just slightly, but I want both of them really.

Chorus Men
Chance: 10%, I don't think they are likely, I don't think anything at all has ever gone for them. Gematsu is dead, get over it. First half was legit, Chrom killed the second.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Isaac
Chance - 1%
Unlike all the other characters, there's just been no mention at all of him and there's literally no reason for me to believe he has a chance. Here we're talking about fantasy territory. Unless there's something I'm somehow missing in terms of end-game info, in which case, let me know.

Want - 65%
Sure, he'd be cool, but again, not a lot of personal devotion. And it's end-game, my priorities are elsewhere

Dixie
Chance - 75%
I find it highly hard to believe Donkey Kong got nothing this time, considering how much of a cash cow the Country Returns series has proved to be. And I'm starting to settle on the fact it will most likely be Dixie

Want - 90%
Not as high as the King, but still fairly high. Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of my favorite platformers of all time, and a lot of the fun in that game was had using Dixie. And then Tropical Freeze was also pretty much Dixie Kong Country Returns. So yea, I'd really enjoy her presence

Chorus Kids
Chance - 80%
Combining Gematsu and Ninka and Roster leaks ... I think these are extremely likely to happen.

Want - 100%
And I'm extremely biased towards them.
Here's the thing ... I've actually gotten pretty lucky when it comes to this game. First, Palutena being confirmed. Then there's a new pokemon that I actually like and used myself. Favorite third parties. And top it all with the most shocking and amazing surprise of them all: Robin. I have no reason at all to complain about this roster.
That said, there's one thing that I've wanted for a while and still want, and that is a Rhythm Heaven rep. W.e. happens, this is probably the best roster ever in smash. But add Rhythm Heaven, and it's MY FAVORITE ROSTER OF ALL TIME.
add Ridley and Mewtwo and then it's objectively the best ****ing roster in forever

Come on Sakurai. You got two weeks to drop the gold.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Isaac:

Chance: 5%
If any characters are going to sneak into the final roster, one has to consider Isaac. If he is returning to AT status, why hasnt Sakurai shown him yet. Seems deliberate to me.
Probably my most wanted character not in the roster.

Chorus Men:

Chance: 0%
Would we even be discussing this without the Gematsu leak. Considering how early the first version of the roster was decided, most the info there is doubtful. Aside from that, there must be challenges for presenting a 3 person team. Yes, I've read the thread's argument that they could use one hitbox. But that really wouldnt work in Smash when you consider things like grabs, Kirby's copy ability, etc. If Ice Climbers have been cut (probably due to that problem), then there is no way Chorus Men are in.
No.

Dixie Kong:
Her best chance is alternate upgrade from Diddy Kong. But I doubt that's what we'll see. Sakurai doesnt like DK unfortunately.
Want: 99%
Fun character that could add to the roster. What's not to like.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Isaac

Chance: 57% - I think his chances are good since nothing is really going against him.

Want: 83% - He would be a wonderful addition in my book and I love the Golden Sun series.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 61% - Being a part of the newest Donkey Kong game does help her chances significantly.

Want: 77% - I would not mind her, since I like her as a character.

Chorus Men

Chance: 66% - Having the sneaky spirits really has me thinking their inclusion is nearly secured.

Want: 20% - Never really got into the Rhythm Heaven series.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Issac:
Chance; 0%
No. Just No. Why even bother having Issac from that... that GAME... in Super Smash Bros.
Want; 0%
Again, just no.

...Wait, we're talking about the Golden Sun Issac? Whoops. :troll:

Dixie Kong - Abstain, but I like Monkeys so there's that.

Chorus Men:
Chance; 60% The Leak is looking at them with a cold stare, but the Sneaky Spirits and the DLC Possibility brighten our day.
Want; 100% THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Isaac: 15%

Chorus Men: 1% Gematsu is gone and the Ice Climbers may be cut (most likely due to technical difficulties). I don't think a trio would get in.

Dixie Kong: 5% Easy clone.
Want: 0% 'Cause King K.

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Isaac
Chance 0% - Unfortunately I do think Robin kind of nabbed his spot as the magic using RPGer. And now that we are looking at potentially 4-6 newcomers max, I just don't think he has a shot anymore.
Want 20% - I did like the idea of Isaac early on because he would have been a unique rep, but again now that Robin has come along I am not really angling for him anymore. I have not played Golden Sun so I didn't have personal investment in him, just his potential. What I wanted from Isaac I am now getting from Robin.

Chorus Kids
Chance 40% - I think they have been rumored so much that they are certainly one of the few competing for those final spots. However, if they can't work Ice Climbers into the 3DS with two characters, how could they work three? Maybe they were considered early on but were similarly cut. But I still think they have a good shot...who knows, maybe both they are IC will both be in.
Want 30% - They'd be unique for sure, but have never really appealed to me all that much. I'd be happy to have them, and wouldn't mind if I didn't.

Dixie Kong
Chance 60% - If there are a few newcomers remaining, I'm certain Dixie will be one of them. She'd be easy to make a model for (considering they already have Diddy), has an easy moveset to come up with, she's a popular female fighter and is pretty iconic. People know who Dixie Kong is, even some of my friends who know nothing about Nintendo. The only question is whether of not there ARE any more newcomers.
Want 100% - She's been my number 1 most wanted since I found out about a new Smash. She's one of the only female characters to ever front a Nintendo game, she's always fighting alongside the boys, and she's just awesome. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Isaac Chance: 20%

I am not well-verse on Isaac to be honest, I fallaciously believe that it was either Shulk, or Isaac. We have Shulk. However, I used to advocate for assist trophies transitioning into playable characters and Isaac has a niche fan-base that would be satisfied by his overwhelming move-set potential.

Isaac Want: 100%

Isaac is the first and only character that I decided to create a move-set for, there was just so much that he could do, it was extremely easy and entertaining. His observable move-set potential enables him to be one of my most wanted newcomers.

Chorus Men Chance: 0.1%

This was always one aspect of the Gematsu leak that assured that I was on #TeamFake the entire time, the other was Chrom. Three models acting as one was the most plausible theory. THAT is the most feasible method to implement this character... think about it.

Chorus Men Want: 10%

I have nothing against Rhythm Heaven or the Chorus Men, they do not translate well into Smash as playable characters, simple as that. Albeit, I would be more open to the possibility of a concept that is not entirely outlandish.

Dixie Kong Chance: 40%

She is probably the most likely clone character right behind a Legend of Zelda representative. Her model does not require too much effort given Diddy Kong's inclusion.

Dixie Kong Want: 25%

Dixie Kong was notorious as one of the only characters that I opposed (the other was Bowser Jr., prior to the leak, that is). However, she has grown on me. I do not play Diddy, so a clone of him is not ideal, but maybe that is precisely what I need to become interested in the play-style.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Isaac chance - 10%
Really don't see it happening at this rate.

Want - 35%
I wouldn't really mind, but there are others I'd prefer to see first.

Chorus Men chance - 15%
Really now. The only reason anyone is even considering a Rhythm Heaven rep is because of the now debunked Gematsu rumor (I refuse to call it a leak) that people just can't let go of. A sneaky spirit in Smash Run guarantees nothing, and all other "leaks" sound like they're just riding the coattails of Gematsu. I doubt this.

Want - 15%
They look dumb.

Dixie Kong chance - 75%
DK needs a new rep, and it's either K. Rool or Dixie. The short version is that I think Dixie is more likely, all things considered.

Want - 90%
My current most-wanted newcomer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isaac:
Chance: 15%
I believe he is one of the most likely of the characters left, but that's not saying much. I'm on the verge of giving up on him... DLC is the last thread I'm clinging to.

Such a shame... Isaac vs. Shulk was my dream match-up.[collapse="This is me right now"]
[/collapse]​

Chorus Men:
Don't see it anymore. They were a random pick out of nowhere in the Gematsu leak and they died with it. So much for the Sneaky spirits in Smash run.

No
Dixie Kong:
Chance: 20%
Seem's likely to me. Easy character to make a clone, DK series is still woefully behind in terms of content, and generally popular as well as relevant. Things are looking good for her... even if she isn't on the main roster, she's probably a sure-fire DLC.

Yes. DKC2 is one of my favourite platformers of all time.​

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The pinnacle is near us, the finale in sight, just another day's worth of discussion away. Take in the build up...despite all the bumps on the road and the questionable directions we've taken sometimes, it's still something to behold.

Isaac
Chance: Abstain

Want: 65%

Even if it weren't for the leak, Isaac would seem pretty dead in the water right now. He's seen no tease or reference and no other content from Golden Sun has shown up to possibly complement him. With the leak on top of that, his chances have become as grave as...well, an eclipse. >_>

I still hope he or Matthew makes it in somehow, though. Spellsword characters are awesome in general, and due to how differently Psynergy behaves than Fire Emblem's tomes, they could easily have a playstyle different than Robin's. All we can do is hope, I guess.

Chorus Men

Want: 30%

Can everyone here be honest for a second? Would we be rating the Chorus Men at all if the Gematsu leak hadn't mentioned them? So with the entire second half of the leak looking like a wild guess (namely since Chrom was never seriously considered), why are so many people so sure they're in?

Whatever the reason, I'm not too huge on them. I feel like if they never could get the Ice Climbers to work right, the only way for a trio character to function would be to really strip down two of them and give them simplistic AI, to where it'd feel like a gimmick that fell flat due to circumstances. Moreover, with them only being in one Rhythm Heaven game and only playing a bit part in it, it'd limit their moveset potential. Now I've said before that I've stopped writing off characters for having smaller moveset potential, but why would they pick a character with a smaller one over one with it much higher? Wouldn't Marshal be able to pull from a ton of other Rhythm Heaven minigames and get away with it, being the mascot of the series and all?

I can't hate them completely, though. I'm a musician; I'd still be interested in a musical character, no matter how poorly implemented.

Dixie Kong

Want: 40%

So the side leak supposedly confirming her was debunked? That doesn't help her out...in the short term, at least.

I wasn't big on Dixie until a couple months ago, when I read some of what her supporters had come up with and realized she actually has a good amount of moveset potential. She could pretty easily be implemented in a way that was wholly unique and not a Diddy clone...and in fact, it'd make less sense for her to be a clone than a distinct character. That might've been what held her back, though, if the leaked roster is the final one.

However...that doesn't rule her out any more than it does several other characters right now. DLC for SSB4 seems very likely now, and newcomer DLC a very real possibility. With how much Donkey Kong Country has been on the upswing, would Nintendo really not give it a third character eventually if given the option? In that case, Dixie would have to fight it out with King K. Rool, and as far as I'm concerned, either one of them would be a worthy addition.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Isaac chances: 17 %
I think he still has a chance, but at the same time he was more popular and more relevant pre-Brawl days, and for unknown reasons he was overlooked and got an Assist Trophy status instead. The new CSS leaks doesn't hurt his chances very much asides from the fact that remaining slots are limited to five more characters, including probably veterans, because Isaac isn't exactly the kind of character you should absolutely show to ESRB (compared to Snake for example), and honestly if Isaac is in the final roster he's going to be unlockable anyway. I'll just quote shinhed-echi's post from the Isaac support thread:

I definitely think Sakurai wants to push the iconic/popular characters out of the way first and into the starting roster. Because characters like Isaac, and Duck Hunt Dog aren't THAT fresh in everyone's mind. Especially the younger audiences. The only characters NOT meant for younger audiences here are Megaman (but he's 3rd party) and ARGUABLY Little Mac (because Punch Out Wii is basically new and perhaps still somewhat a bit fresh in kids' minds).

Isaac is different, Dark Dawn came out with little marketing (just that E3 video), and Isaac himself hasn't been playable since... 2003, was it?
So he's hidden character material if you ask me.
I'm sure retros and clones will be put in the back seat to let the popular characters shine.
And I'm POSSITIVE that if one more Newcomer is revealed before release, it's going to be Dixie Kong, because again, still fresh.
Isaac has against him the fact that he had much higher chances during the pre-Brawl days, but instead got a spot as an Assist Trophy and, to make this even worse, an HIDDEN Assist Trophy, plus the fact that Golden Sun's only post-Brawl game, Dark Dawn, somewhat flopped compared to the GBA titles. For his merits, he's pretty popular as a Brawl Assist Trophy and he's fairly requested by Smash fans for playable role, making him easily recognizable, plus Golden Sun is a popular series and a perfect way to have a face for the GBA era, just like how for example Duck Hunt and Olimar are the face of the NES and GameCube respectively. The icing on the cake is the awesome potential he has to be unique as a fighter, with djinn, summons and earth-based magic no one else could use as well as him. I want to believe that the counterarguments against his inclusion will not prevent him to be on the final roster and will instead justify his status as an hidden character, and it makes perfect sense to promote an hidden Assist Trophy to an hidden character and BTW to not tease anything Golden Sun-related before the game release.

Also there is a remaining slot on the leaked stage selection screen. There is the possibility that the SSS is final, but it would be ugly to have this remaining empty slot on the final SSS. This opens a door for an unrepresented franchise, and I believe that Robot, Duck Hunt and Wii Fit will probably have stages from their series represented only in the Wii U version given their strong bonds with console games and the fact that those series have nothing to do with haldheld systems. It's even possible that there are more stages to unlock with an additional line that would be added, but overall I think that there is only one remaining unlockable stage.

Isaac has both strong arguments for and against him, and while I don't feel that he's very likely, the only way to know his chances is to be Sakurai himself. There is no way he didn't AT LEAST consider a Golden Sun rep, we just have to hope that Sakurai thought that it was worth it to promote Isaac to playable.

Isaac want: 100 %
Isaac's AT in Brawl is awesome, he himself has a cool character design, and I feel that he has strong merits to be added that would possibly outshine the arguments against him. I bought the first Golden Sun game to see Isaac's potential and to actually become hyped with his possible announcement, and it's a very enjoyable game that shown me Isaac's awesome potential as an SSB fighter. Even though I would feel disappointed with his disconfirmation I prepared myself mentally to this possibility, as I could understand his non-inclusion to SSB4 as a fighter, contrary to Mewtwo's disconfirmation that would make me utterly shocked and completely uncomprehending at this point.

I'm going to rate Chorus Men and Dixie Kong later.
By the way with the new pic of the day the Chrom Assist Trophy concept cannot be considered as deconfirmed anymore lol.

Edit: time to rate Dixie and CM!

Dixie Kong chances: 75 % and want: 70 %
Even though I played a lot of Donkey Kong games including Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 I don't exactly remember of what she could use to be unique as a Donkey Kong rep, her games aren't fresh in my mind. Maybe she could be a Diddy Kong clone similar to Dr. Dark Lucina, but Donkey Kong getting only a clone as a new rep would be really sad, given that Mario, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem all get a unique newcomer in addition to a new clone. Donkey Kong is probably the most poorly represented series in Smash currently, it's probably the fourth Nintendo series in term of importance but for representation it is outclassed by Fire Emblem, Kirby, Starfox and even Kid Icarus! I'd say that unique Dixie is the most likely choice given the low number of remaining slots in the CSS, most of them being probably reserved for the three Brawl veterans with unknown fate, but unique K. Rool and clone Dixie is also a possibility (with slim chances to happen I admit). If we had only one to choose one I think that Dixie is more likely given her more obvious relevance in post-Brawl games, but overall I think that Donkey Kong is without a doubt the series with the higher chances to get a rep at this point.

Chorus Men chances: abstain and want: 9 %
Those and Ridley are for me the only characters who are like a division by zero to rate at this point. Really the only reason why everyone consider those is because of the Gematsu leak, but its reliability was cut down a lot since Robin's reveal. The first leak predicted Wii Fit Trainer and all of the other characters in it, the second leak had Palutena and Shulk proven but Chrom disproven... really I can't have any opinion on those leaks x_x The Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run suggets that we could get a Rhythm Heaven character, but there's also the possibility that series with no playable character could nevertheless get enemies.
And for want... meh, I'm fine with a Rhythm Heaven rep but a such trio seems too gimmicky to control IMO. Though I'm really interested in a character with a rhythm-based gimmick, a concept only used in previous Smash Titles with Donkey Kong's Final Smash in Brawl.

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Isaac
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Chance: 25%

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Isaac chance 5%
Want 20%
I doubt it will happen at this point.
I know that he has potential to be a unique character, but even I will admit I'm getting sick of swordsmen.

Chours men chance 17%
Want 80%
They have grown on me over the past few months, and we do have some RH representation in the game. I just don't know if we will get any characters that weren't in the leak.

Dixie chance 20%
Want 65%
Of all the characters that weren't in the leak, I feel like she has the best chance.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac
Chance: 60%

Ok, I am going to be liberal on this as no news of Isaac so far is good news in my eyes. He has been missing in any reveals so far, yes, but he has not been outright disconfirmed. He maybe a previously unlockable trophy but that rule does not have to apply anymore. He was THE strongest Assist trophy in Brawl and the 2nd most wanted trophy after Little Mac. Little Mac got in the game, whereas Isaac's status is up in the air. Most of the other characters who have been trophies but were wanted badly have already been disconfirmed but not Isaac. I would say Little Mac is more of an example of an upgraded trophy and Isaac would be the 2nd one to make it in the game. And Xerneas is an unlockable Pokemon but has been revealed pretty earlier on in the Smash news.

He is my most wanted character since Brawl and is very different from other characters so far. Don't see why he is compared to Robin so much when in reality they are so different. I understand that they fill the same role as a magic swordsman if you look at them with no scrutiny, but Isaac has potential to be so much more. He has summons, djinns, psynergy of the Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Mercury elements (using Djinn), weapon unleashes as well as Utility psynergy. His moveset has some of the most variety of any wanted newcomers.

To all the people who are sick of swordsmen, if Sakurai wants, he would be EASILY create a moveset out of only Isaac's earth based psynergy or even his hand based psynergy like his previous AT move, MOVE! He can be a PURE mage type character as he does not need any weapon to still be badass. He could probably get a counter or block using Move itself.

I don't see Shulk or Robin as detrimental to his chances and still feel he can make it in the game and I REALLY want him to make it in the game. Heck, Isaac vs. Shulk is my dream matchup in Smash and Isaac AND Shulk is my dream JRPG tag team in Smash!

Plus there is always DLC so that boosts up the chances! Nintendo can't go on ignoring the consistently 4th to 5th most wanted character, that too from a franchise with no equal (awesomeness AND playstyle) in Nintendo's owned characters. He is still a 1st party character.

Chorus Men
Want: Absolutely 0%

I do not understand the hype behind these. No offense to fans of the series OR the game, which I haven't played (and can be awesome), but I do not believe in Gematsu anymore PLUS am not interested in these characters at all. Characters from other franchises with potentially diverse movesets definitely should get more representation than "blobbly stick figures" who are from a music game. Plus if Ice Climbers are gone, I doubt a 3 member tag team would make it in the game.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 35%

I am not against her inclusion like Chorus Men (only 1st party character I do not want AT all), but K. Rool would be a better choice. Although her chances are increased due to her recent appearance in Tropical Freeze. But if she is in, good for her fans.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Isaac: Chance 50%.
If Sakurai didn't show his trophy yet, he's either the biggest troll in videogame history or hiding Isaac for a potential locked/DLC character (considering there's people expecting him, of course). It's not like he's never been shown in the Smash universe or something. Maybe Sakurai didn't even know he has a fanbase, but I doubt it and it'd really make me sad if it was the case.
I think this is the game he will finally make his debut, but who knows.
At some point I decided I wanted two characters more than the rest: Isaac and Shulk. And Shulk's in, so... GO ISAAC!
He's my most wanted since Brawl :p

Chorus Men & Dixie: Less than 50%.
I really don't know what to think since I've been following neither of these character's track in this game, but I've a gut feeling they are less likely. I have nothing to back up this opinion with though.
Chorus Men want: 50%
I don't really care about them in at all/slightly don't want them (I'd rather get another RH rep like rhythm girl or something) BUT... as the other side of the coin, with all these leaks and speculation if they make it in, the Ice Climbers will have to make it back as well (there would be absolutely no reason not to bring them, as hardware limitations would obviously not be the case with a trio character), so, even if I don't really want them, at least it would bring some news I'd like.
If Chorus Men make it and Ice Climbers don't I'll be kinda pissed.

Dixie Kong want 50%.
If you search for the deffinition of "indifference" on the dictionary, the lastest one will be "What I think of Dixie Kong's inclussion in the last smash", so if people want her, let'er be in, why crush their dreams.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Isaac
both 0%

Chorus Men
Chance 10%. I think Gematsu got those first ones right and then it completely ended. Chorus Men probably won't be real to redeem it even a little bit.
Want 25%. I like Rhythm Heaven, and I've only played the first.. but I'm not sure I want them in Smash.

Dixie
Chance 30%. If we get a new DK rep she'll be it but I doubt we'll get one.
Want 50% Pretty much indifferent.

D

Deleted member

Isaac

Chance: 3%
Want: 20%

Chorus Men

Dixie

Want: 55%

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Isaac
Want: Abstain

Chorus Men

Dixie

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Chorus Men
90% chance
100% want
I guarenter a Rhythm Heaven character and these guys seem most likely...
Dixie
50% chance
100% want
Easy semi clone...
Isaac
Abstain from chance
100% want

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac chance - 30%
I think he has a better chance being dlc right now.
Isaac want - 100%

Chorus Men chance - 35%
Chorus Men want - 20%

Dixie Kong chance - 40%
Dixie Kong want - 0%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isaac

No news is good news apparently...but Isaac's not exactly likely at this point with Robin and Shulk arguably muscling in on his territory.

Dark Dawn didn't do that well and didn't star Isaac but rather his and Jenna's son; Matthew.

Still fairly confident Smash's roster is related to the previous generation(with the exceptions for Third Party and Retro)...at least the on disc roster.

With DLC likely being a thing, and Isaac being hugely popular I could see him getting via that route...as long as he's not an AT this time round.

Want: 80%
Whilst I don't have any personal connections to Golden Sun, it's a decently successful Nintendo IP and plenty of people I know would love for Isaac to make the cut.

Chorus Men:
For the record I do think a Rhythm Heaven character is possible, not just Chorus Men. Sneaky Spirits...but then again the Climbers are rumoured to be cut and the polar bear is still in Smash Run. Three characters Vs. Two character problems as well makes me doubtful for these particular guys.

During the Gematsu leak they were my favourite aspect outside Pac-Man...but since we got a legit leak and Duck Hunt Dog of all things(4th most wanted character!) was on it, Chorus Men aren't as exciting to me anymore. I still want a Rhythm Heaven rep, but not necessarily the Chorus men.

Dixie Kong:
DK Country Returns didn't star Dixie...but then neither did anything during the Gamecube era and she was considered then. Probably has the best chances of any character not revealed on that leak at this point.

If not on disc, as a DLC newcomer she's one of the more likely options.

The only Nintendo Heroine I wanted this round is ironically the only one we seemingly aren't getting. DKC2, DKC3 and DK:TF are all fine reasons to include Dix. Let's get one of Nintendo's best heroines in already.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Isaac:
30% chance: I think it's too early to lose hope. The leaker said he didn't have all the characters, right? Isaac could be one of them. Truthfully though, I never thought he was super likely and I still don't think that.
90% want: A while ago, this was 0. I was a fool to think he'd just be an average sword user! After I've seen what he coud do, I immediately thought he'd be a great fit for Smash. Pulling up chunks of Earth, using psynergy to move large objects, there's a ton you could do with this guy. Now that I got Shulk, Mega Man, and Palutena, Isaac's technically my most wanted now. Would love to have a Shulk vs. Isaac match against my friend who's a hardcore fan of that series.

Chorus chance: 70% Want 50%
Dixie chance: 30% Want: 10%

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac:
Chance: 50%. I still believe that he will be another promoted AT from Brawl, even if he doesn't make the initial roster, I'm still hoping for DLC. Either him or Matthew. Also, he would play different from Robin, since I don't see Robin wielding any Earth-magic, so he would be a totally unique character.
Want: 100%. Golden Sun is my favorite RPG from all time and I grew up with it, so it's just normal I want Isaac as a playable. He's also my most wanted character, so let's hope he makes it in. Also, having him battle Robin would be epic, to see who's the strongest magic-wielding swordsman.

Chorus Men:
Chance: Abstain. Ok, so Chorus Men is always hard for me to decide, because, first of all, the Ice Climbers are probably cut due to the 3DS limitations, so if a team of two characters couldn't make it in, I don't see a team of three characters making the cut either. On the other hand, they were in the Gematsu leak, which got all the characters correct (except for Chrom), as well as there was spotted a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smashrun, so they seem both higly unlikely and highly likely to me.
Want: 20%. Never played Rhythm Heaven myself, but they seem kinda unique.

Dixie Kong:
Chance: 60%. DK is a series that has been present since SSB64, so I think it's time it got a 3rd Rep, and well, it is either Dixie or King K. Rool.
Want: 40%. I played the DK series and I liked it, but I would rather see King K. Rool instead of Dixie.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I keep seeing people using the Sneaky Spirit as a reason for why the Chorus Men (or any a Rhythm Heaven representative) is extremely likely, if not guaranteed. While that may be an indication that there is a playable Rhythm Heaven character, it doesn't guarantee it; keep in mind that the Polar Bears seem to still appear in Smash Run despite the apparent absence of the Ice Climbers. Having an enemy in Smash Run does not equate to having a character from the same series.

Last edited:

zon770

Smash Rookie
Issac:
Chances and Want: abstain
Don't know enough about him to rate.

Chorus Kids:
Chances: 10%
I don't want a trio. I want THE duo.

Dixie Kong:
Chances: 46%
I've never had been a fan of the Donkey Kong series.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong​
Chance: 75%
Probably the most likely character not listed in the leak. Donkey Kong is deserving of an additional character, and Dixie seems like a good fit. I know the vast majority of people want K Rool more, and I get it, I'm one of those people. However, 99% of the time, relevance trumps popularity, and K Rool just isn't relevant any more.

Want: 10%
I really like Dixie Kong. Donkey Kong Country 2 was a HUGE part of my childhood, and I really enjoyed her in Tropical Freeze. But (you guys probably all know where this is going), I want K Rool, MUCH more, and I doubt we'll get both. Not to mention there is a very good possibility of Dixie being a clone. I like her character, but if she gets in, I'd be kinda disappointed by a lack of large Kremling

Chorus Men
Chance: 25%
I have to assume that Ice Climbers were cut due to hardware limitations, so a trio character doesn't make sense. There are also far more recognizable characters in the series like the Wrestler or Karate Joe. Still though, they have been included in a huge number of leaks, which can't be ignored

Want: 25%
I do really want a rep from the Rhythm Heaven series, as Rhythm Heaven Fever is a phenomenal game, and probably my favorite game I've played in 2014. I haven't played the DS game, so I don't have an attachment to them. I'd rather see someone like Marshal, but I'll take them over nobody

Isaac
Chance: 10%
Dead series, but not archaic like Duck Hunt/Ice Climber. He's just kinda stuck in this weird limbo of not being old enough to be retro, but not having a new enough title to be relevant. Literally all he has going for him is the lack of him being shown as an assist trophy. He isn't included in any of the text leaks as well, which hurts him. They may not be very trustworthy, but it's still noteworthy

Want: 1%

No attachment tot he character, but I recognize he has a lot of fans, so I'd be happy for them, still though, I could care less if he makes it in or not

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Isaac

Chance - 10% - Yeah, too close to release. I don't think he's going to make it. Unless he's some secret character, it's unlikely that he's in.

Want - 75% - Earth magic is cool.

Chorus men - 15% - Honestly, if there weren't leaks, I wouldn't have given him anything but a zero. Still doupting them, if people think the Ice Climbers are out.

Want - 10% - Bleh. I'd want other Rhythm Heaven characters over these guys.

Dixe Kong

Chance - 40% - Don't know. We're getting close to release and she had been leaked, but I'm not certain that the leak is reliable. Who knows?

Want - 40% - Eh. Would be happier with K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

Isaac
Chance:
5%

Isaac becomes more and more of a distant thing.
There are two great minds in Smash. One uses a mythical sword, the other uses swords and tomes. I think that Shulk and Robin do take away from Isaac's character. Apparently Isaac could buff and debuff himself, something that Shulk can now do with his Monado Arts. Robin is a magic sword user, being able to attack with his sword and attack with the tomes as projectiles.
Out of the Brawl Assist Trophies, he does have the best chance, but Golden Sun's lack of representation is heavily concerning for the future. This may as well be his last stand.
I'm not interested in the slightest.

Chorus Men
Chance:
10%

I gave them a 20% before, but I dropped it down to 10%.
They are unique fighters, but they are also very awkward at the same time. Do they work as a whole trio or no? If it's the former, then the possible cut of the Ice Climbers hurt them indeed.
Comparatively, I would give Marshal a 30%. He is one of the most recognizable Rhythm Heaven characters and he seems to be the mascot of it. The issue with Rhythm Heaven is the same issue with Fire Emblem; there are too many characters and too much competition.
I'm curious, but I'm not that interested.

Dixie Kong
Chance:
50%

Call me crazy, but I think that the leaks help her. No, it's not because she was in some baseless text leak.
The thing that helps her is the fact that she is easily semi-clonable or even a clone. She would take far less time and effort than King K. Rool would. She is also pretty popularly demanded; she loses to King K. Rool in terms of requests, but she is still a popular character regardless. What also hurt the King is the presence of Bowser Jr.; some of the things that Bowser Jr. and the Koopa Clown Car do are things that King K. Rool could have done on his own in his moveset.
I would give King K. Rool a 15% total; he's popular and has a load of uniqueness, but that seems to be his downfall for now, especially when we see some clones on the roster as it is. So, Donkey Kong has a 65% chance total of getting a character; I see it as something likely, but I can also not see us get a character.
Tropical Freeze made me warm up to her and she is within my top 10 newcomers. She deserve to get on the roster as much as King K. Rool and other characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Isaac:
Want: abstain
Honestly, don't know much about him other than he was an assist trophy in the last game. But I've not heard much about him until the leak surfaced, and then people started clamoring to have him included. In all seriousness, it seems like he and Shulk were battling for only one spot, and there's a clear winner there. I think he may show up as the assist he was before again, and nothing else.

EDIT: Ok, after seeing how he looks in the 30-years-later incarnation, I totally think that he would be awesome.
New want score: 75%

Chorus Men:
What are these? I've never even heard of Rhythym Heaven until Gematsu, and after that I looked up some videos of the minigames and was not impressed. It seems to me to be similar to the Warioware concept, where there are no main characters, so how to tell who's the most important? But then again, they've been implicated by loads of leaks - or is that just because nobody wants to let go of Gematsu?
I'd also wonder how they'd pull anything off. The whole problem with the Ice Climbers is that the 3DS was having issues with the dual character idea. Now this is a trio, where none are obviously 'subservient' to the others? I'd rather have Popo and Nana back if they fixed that issue than a set of Mr. Game-and-Watch wannabes.
Dixie:
Want: 30%
Ok, but there are two other DKers I'd rather have. Naturally, I'd want K.Rool more, but...well, I'll get to that one in a few days. Failing that, I'd rather Cranky, since he's got a great personality (you know you want that snark included in his taunts). Knowing how the DK series has been treated in the past, I doubt Dixie would be anything more than a Lucina-like clone which was originally a Diddy pallette swap, and that I really don't need. My first DK game was DK64, and I liked Tiny then, so I' even prefer her over her sister (but what happened to Tiny's artstyle since then?)​

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Isaac

To me there are only a few newcomers that still have a chance. Isaac is one that is hard to judge. He is decently popular and his assist trophy has not been shown yet. His DS game did not do well and he is not part of this leak.

Want: 80%
Never played Golden Sun, but his inclusion in Smash would get me to try it. Plus, he would have a unique moveset.

Chorus Men

Chance: 4%
The only thing they had in their favor was the Gematsu leak. That leak died with Chrom. The Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run show that Rhythm Heaven is going to be acknowledged somehow. Yet the Polar Bear is in Smash Run, but the Ice Climbers are most likely gone. There are other Rhythm Heaven characters and even if they did get in Chorus Men is a trio. If Ice Climbers are having trouble, wouldn't three models have trouble?

Want: 10%
The only reason they are this high is because one of my friends likes Rhythm Heaven and wants to see a RH character.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 35%
She, along with K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are the most likely newcomers left. Unlike with Ridley and Mewtwo, Dixie has some major competition from K. Rool. I think K. Rool is slightly more likely though. She does have one thing over K. Rool and that is relevancy. I don't think it matters, but Sakurai might take it and her role in Tropical Freeze as a factor. She could also be easily cloned off of Diddy.

Want: 99%
I prefer K. Rool, but any new DK character is welcome.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Isaac:
Chance: 40%
Want: 70%

Isaac seems like he would be a suitable fighter for Sm4sh, but so far it seems like Nintendo has little interest in having him as a character.

Chorus Men:
Want 10%

With all of the leaks going around, these guys seem more likely. I love Rhythm Heaven, but I don't really like the idea of controlling multiple men at the same time (I'd rather have a single character like Marshal).

Dixie:
Chance: 30%
Want: 60%

At this moment, it seems like if another DK representative is going to make it in, it'll be K. Rool. Dixie's still up for grab, although K. Rool would probably be the better of the two since he's more unique. Though I would still like to see Dixie in it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wanna play a drinking game? Then browse this thread from the first post per page, and every time you see the words "rep" or "representative", pour it down!

Also, please excuse the ****ty formatting. It appears to be some sort of error, not emphasis.

Isaac

Chance: 65%: He definitely stands a chance. His popularity remains after his pre-Brawl support bolster and an unsuccessful launch of a new game. The fact that he was an AT in Brawl and he hasn't shown up by the point where we're in the launch month of the 3DS version (yet alone any Golden Sun content) makes me think the odds of him turning out to be a promoted AT are pretty high. But then again, him remaining a secret AT and Sakurai is keeping that hidden (despite spoiling a huge sum of typical secret characters and content already), makes it more ambiguous and could very well be the outcome. Our favorite earth adept is on the same boat as Andy right now. When that boat comes portside remains to be seen.

And to those who think Robin cripples his chances, if we apply that logic to swordsmen, we would've stopped at Marth! Besides, Psynergy behaves differently than tomes and there's djinn and summons available to Isaac's aid. If Sakurai wants another spellsword, then Isaac has so much potential to flesh the concept out even further.

Want: 45%: TBH, I could care less if he makes it in or not. This is the final week of speculation and out of all characters who dodged the Ninka/Vaanrose + Unknown Renders leak, there's about 3 more I want over everyone else. Besides, Sakurai could be holding off many of the popular requests to leave more room for a possible future Smash installment (which I purport will have a longer wait than 8 years).

Chorus Men

Chance: 25%: Wow, LOL @ the void of convincing arguments against them! A lot of what I'm seeing is either "Gematsu's dead and you wouldn't want them without it." So what? They sound like fun, unique characters! "But they were only in one minigame and they barely do anything moveset worthy!" Well, you could say that about Duck Hunt or even the Ice Climbers. They would be an expansion on a quirky reference that i can see Sakurai doing. "Ewww, they're ugly!" Are you even trying to argue anymore?

Yeah yeah, Gematsu first brought the trio to our attention and it lapsed on Chrom. But hey, if that's the last of it, we still got Shulk. So regardless if those outstanding predictions were outdated or not, Chorus Men are still possible. But I was much more hopeful of them before the rumor that the Ice Climbers were cut along with the persistence of the 3DS limitations bit. The Sneaky Spirit enemy would be served poorly without a Rhythm Heaven character like the Polar Bear without Ice Climbers. I'm thinking both may be one-offs now. If you are still believing the Mother****ing Leaker's bit about DLC characters, you're succumbing to delusion! Gives me the trio and anyone else now or never.

If the Ice Climbers end up showing up, then I'll be even more positive on the Chorus Men's inclusion. I'd still be happy if we got the Chorus Men w/o Ice Climbers, but adding a 3rd onto the duo concept would be hard to pass.

Want: 100%: Besides Mewtwo and Sceptile, the Chorus Men are one of the only characters I truly care about. Presenting them as a trio makes me want to take them over Marshall for the potential and revolutionality they could bring. Cohesively mix in moves referencing other Rhythm Heaven minigames, a rhythm mechanic, and other Smash-fabricated goodness and you have a solid character.

Besides, they don't even have to desync (probably the most pressing issue against the ICs!) They could all be together in 1 hitbox that shifts depending on certain moves. Like, with 3 identical models, you could have them separate and merge back together for tilts, smashes, or even grabs. Just thinking about their minigame (mimic the actions of the first 2) could make a mechanic where you can continue the same move for a more powerful finish of that chain or go off sync and mix up with another attack.

All of this requires a lot of thought. But the end result would be very rewarding.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 85%: She certainly has a lot going for her that make her a very plausible choice for newcomer. She's been a consistent co-star through the DKC series all the way up to Tropical Freeze. Donkey Kong is seeing some nice character expansion and to not capitalize on the popularity now might not be too good. This may not hold to much yielding anymore, but don't forget that she was planned for Brawl. King K. Rool is on the same boat as Ridley at this point; extremely popular characters with merits too overstated to fit the bill. Maybe time will tell for the both of them though.

Want: 50%: I'm absolutely neutral on her inclusion. As I said, Mewtwo/Sceptile/Chrous Men are my dream additions. I mean, I would be cool with Dixie getting in and she has a lot of moveset potential going for her besides a Gumball Popgun. That pony tail has flair! Certainly would take her over many other requested characters.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Isaac's chances: 5% - I'm losing hope fast.
Want: 90% - I've lost a little interest but I'd still like his inclusion.

Chrous Men's chances: 5% - I still think there's a good chance of Rhythm Heaven still getting a character, but I don't think it would be them.
Want: 0% - No thanks, there are better options for an RH character in my opinion.

Dixie's chances: 60% - I still think there will be a DK newcomer, and I also think Dixie's got more of a shot at this point.
Want: 100% - I want a DK newcomer, I don't care which of the two gets the spot at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom