• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my scrubby Peach..please?

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
-SCRUB ALERT-

Okay so first off I'm not the scrubby Peach...I'm the scrubby Marth. Got bodied at No Johns by DJ and Jsex (luckily went even in the # of sets however). Second tourny hype! Anyhow, my friends and I decided to have a smashfest with a mini bracket (this was in December, a month before our first tournament, Apex 2014).

Needless to say, I rolled through the bracket with my secondary/tertiary and could've done the same using Pichu. My friends are determined to get better and especially this Peach player. I would also like him to get better so I don't have to rely on a tournament once every month (or two or three because of transportation (I'm 16) and distance factors) to improve myself. With that said, I've given him a few tips since then but I would just like to confirm what I'm telling him is the right thing.

Thanks in advanced y'all.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
there just seems to be a lack of tech skill overall.
more short hops, teching off platforms, and dashdancing would help.

you need better sense of distance in the marth match up (very hard to work on for new players, i'd try going against other characters with peach first) its even tougher on such small stages too

i'd work on basic tech skill, your recovery options against marth (juke him out with umbrella drops/floats and try to recover high. you have a decent grab game as peach so figure out her chain grabs against spacies and her options against marth. also more floating close to ground, and more float cancelled arials (nairs especially when starting out)

Freddoe

Smash Rookie
He definitely needs to play more. It just seems like he's afraid to approach you. Granted, Marth's sword is scary... but Peach is strong. You guys play a little slower. He should take advantage of that, dash attack more, float at ground level and Nair. Peach can be played very aggressively, and I think that is the better option when you are learning how to play. Punish every stock, they're just friendlies. If you SD 3/4 times, but get one nice punish, it's better than getting 4-stocked playing defensively. And again, especially in friendlies. Before you know it, he'll have his spacing down and he'll be having a LOT more fun playing the character. That's what it's all about right? Having fun.

Top Bottom