• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rareware Character Possibility?

Would you like to see Rareware characters in Smash Bros.?

• Yes

Votes: 84 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatePancake

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChocolateWaffles
3DS FC
0920-1214-6221
Admit it, before Microsoft bought Rareware, you wanted at least ONE of their characters in Smash Bros.!
It doesn't seem like Microsoft even remembers they bought Rare, so why not sell it back to Nintendo? We could see Banjo & Kazooie kick Mario in the face, or see Joanna Dark shoot Donkey Kong! There are endless possibilities!

Sadly, it is very unlikely, but you never know, anything can happen in the Happy-Go-Lucky world of Nintendo!:joyful:
What Rareware characters would you like to see in Smash Bros.?

My Rareware Character Wish List:
Banjo & Kazooie
Joanna Dark

yani

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted character, but sadly it won't happen. I wish Nintendo would get the rights to them :(

D

Deleted member

Well, K. Rool and Dixie Kong were created by Rare, so...

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I don't understand how Nintendo could get the entire DKC crew in Mario Baseball and Kremlings in SSB4 but somehow they can't use Banjo-Kazooie.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I feel like we've been robbed of our rightful Banjo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't understand how Nintendo could get the entire DKC crew in Mario Baseball and Kremlings in SSB4 but somehow they can't use Banjo-Kazooie.
Because Nintendo has always owned all DK related stuff.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
*sigh*
If only. Banjo-Kazooie would be the greatest thing possible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rare Ltd. had its chance, but after moving over to Microsoft, pretty much everything that Rare Ltd. still owns is forbidden to be on a Nintendo system now. At least Nintendo has the rights to all the Donkey Kong characters.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
Joanna Dark would be awesome. Perfect Dark is my favorite FPS ever. And she's a really cool character.

I think Rare characters would be a good choice for "third party" characters. Microsoft wouldn't be opposed to that...Right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Rare had never left Nintendo. I'm fairly sure that Banjo and Kazooie would've been in Melee and Joanna Dark would be the one with a take on Snake's moveset in Brawl.

And yes I went there.

Joanna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Solid Snake.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I always say that King K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer. However, if frigging Banjo were to get revealed...

No. No. I can't think of that. Only disappointment can follow.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Don't forget Krystal.

Krystal was created by Rare along with one canceled N64 game (dinosaur planet) that later turned into Star Fox Adventures for GCN.

Thank god Nintendo still own Krystal even after Microsoft bought Rare.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
If Rare had never left Nintendo. I'm fairly sure that Banjo and Kazooie would've been in Melee and Joanna Dark would be the one with a take on Snake's moveset in Brawl.

And yes I went there.

Joanna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Solid Snake.
I like this look the best on her.

D

Deleted member

If Banjo & Kazooie were to be in Smash I would be able to die a happy man. In fact I would die. Seeing the main characters from my favorite game series of all time be revealed in Smash would actually give me a heart attack from the sheer joy I would experience.
Except their chances are completely none, sad to say. And to the other people, we're talking characters Rare still owns I believe, so characters that Rare created but are now owned by Nintendo eg. K. Rool, don't really count.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We bide our time, waiting for M$ to finally drop out of making consoles, then either they will end up like Sega and produce software only, in which case Banjo would instantly shoot to Sonic status third party candidate, or they put Rare up for sale and Nintendo buys them back, with Banjo being home again. Soon.

Banjo-Tooie is my favorite game ever from my favorite game series ever with my favorite characters ever... It hurts to know that they can't happen... yet.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean Microsoft can't stay in the console making business forever can they when all of their exclusives are 98 percent first person shooter can they? And even now the most popular FPS seems to be Call of Duty and that **** is multi-platform.

D

Deleted member

I mean Microsoft can't stay in the console making business forever can they when all of their exclusives are 98 percent first person shooter can they? And even now the most popular FPS seems to be Call of Duty and that **** is multi-platform.
They really don't have much going for them IMO. The Xbox One is currently the worst selling console (I believe only around 5 mil shipped), behind the Wii U (6 mil) and the PS4 (7 MILLION, I FIGURED IT OUT GAIS). They likely lost a lot of people's trust for the **** they tried to pull with the DRM and several other things as well, and one of their more hyped games, Titanfall, is going to be out on the PC, and several other of their games will be multiplatform as well. Not to mention the horrendous indie support.
But this thread isn't about Xbox or Microsoft. At least not much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Please stop reminding me about the loss of Rare. It's too depressing to think about how Microsoft is keeping Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, the Jet Force Gemini twins, and the cast of Killer Instinct hostage from Nintendo... not to mention my favorite snakes, Rattle and Roll. :-(

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Banjo....

10 Missing Banjos....

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Please stop reminding me about the loss of Rare. It's too depressing to think about how Microsoft is keeping Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, the Jet Force Gemini twins, and the cast of Killer Instinct hostage from Nintendo... not to mention my favorite snakes, Rattle and Roll. :-(
give me banjo or give me death

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look, threads like this break my heart for obvious reasons, because I'm not going to trick myself into thinking it's possible to see Banjo in a real Smash game.

The things I'd do to see that are often bordering on questionable legality, but even then I'll just keep dreaming.

D

Deleted member

They really don't have much going for them IMO. The Xbox One is currently the worst selling console (I believe only around 5 mil shipped), behind the Wii U (6 mil) and the PS4 (I forget). They likely lost a lot of people's trust for the **** they tried to pull with the DRM and several other things as well, and one of their more hyped games, Titanfall, is going to be out on the PC as well.
But this thread isn't about Xbox or Microsoft. At least not much.
I hope you realize that the Wii U has taken a year and a half to reach that while it took the Xbox One only took half a month.

*continues in social thread*

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hit no because I responded to the question of the title.
Obviously I'd love to have them in, but it'll never happen.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
"not gonna happen" "only disapointment" "omg i miss banjo so much"

Why people always do that? xD jetpack dude pls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Best chances? King K.Rool, Dixie Kong and Krystal.

It's a sad reality, but at least all characters are good choices in my opinion.

ChocolatePancake

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChocolateWaffles
3DS FC
0920-1214-6221
I know it's not likely to happen, guys. Did you even finish reading the thread? I stated "Sadly, it is very unlikely." near the end.

D

Deleted member

I hope you realize that the Wii U has taken a year and a half to reach that while it took the Xbox One only took half a month.

*continues in social thread*
I do, but the point still stands, especially since the PS4 sold a lot more in around the same span of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know it's not likely to happen, guys. Did you even finish reading the thread? I stated "Sadly, it is very unlikely." near the end.
I bet that if Rare would still be there, they would've suggested Banjo-Kazooie first and possibly Conker second. They seem the most likely characters to show up along Nintendo characters, most because of Diddy Kong Racing, but also cause of the general 'feel' of their games. Both characters would still make my dream come true now however! Just the possibility of having Diddy, Banjo and Conker in one game again would be such sweet nostalgia - I can't even imagine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom