• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quetzalcoatl's Extensive Turnip Guide

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Excellent guide, espically for a mediocre Peach player like me. I really like that Roll Cancel stuff and I'm definatly going to have to work on that cool Q-Dropping stuff. You might wanna put Turnip Throw Cancels in there. Short hop, to throw turnip down at peak of the jump for a fake turnip throw. It looks cool and works wonders in mindgames. Espically when I have something like a bomb. Anyways, once again, great thread!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Very Good in depth guide about different ways to use the turnips. most of it i knew but its good to go over it again. i like the Vdrop and Qdrop bit iswell im gona train to do these in a match. Very Useful

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I think version 0 has a much higher chance for pulling stitchfaces, I got at least 10 in a 30 minute period the other day, and multiple others in tournament matches on version 0.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
i liked that guide, didnt really know about the turnip drop while floating

is there a guide for Turnips and their---- faces/damage range/probability? or nobody made one yet?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there is a guide out. Im not sure if it is on here (might be under new peach guide) but there is definetly one on youtube that does a walkthrough of how much damage different turnips/objects do. Youtube search peach turnip guid or something similar and you should find it

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Very useful guide. It addressed a specific part of the game while simultaneously giving a lot of information. Half of that, like the Vidjogamer combo, I had never heard of before. Thanks a lot, I'm sure this can improve my Peach's game a bit!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i was wondering if you could use the turnips while edgehogging like after falling off the edge and chucking it after sum1 does their double jump?

OriginalVillain

Smash Cadet
I really like the broken shield/failed rest turnip into upsmash combo. Very stylish, but may be avoidable with DI or midair dodge? I'll definitively try that if I get the chance.

Grn-T

Smash Rookie
So do you set the c stick to the throw command? I have mine set to B so that I can walk and pull turnips out of the ground while I walk.

d snyde

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the guide! Very extensive! Lots of info! I need major practice if I am going to achieve all of this!

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here's a few things, really quick: First, my main is Fox, but I enjoy playing Peach now and again, almost exclusively due to turnips being hella fun. :D So, she's like my... I dunno.. 4th main... though, my Marth (3rd) is really a joke main, so I guess she's my 3rd.

THAT out of the way, this guide is really useful. It made me go, "Oh, that's why my Peach isn't as good as it could be." Since my Peach uses a lot of turnips, that should make some sense. But, still.

Ultimately, I wanted to post here (I know it's been over 2 months since anyone else did, but it's a sticky, so I couldn't bump it if I tried), to say, "Thanks for a sweet turnip guide!"

~Omni~

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Very awesome.

Question...

Is there any way to increase the chances of getting a special turnip? (Dot faced/Scar faced) I mean like if I hold B longer when I do turnip would that increase the chances? Just an example but I would like to know.

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
Very awesome.

Question...

Is there any way to increase the chances of getting a special turnip? (Dot faced/Scar faced) I mean like if I hold B longer when I do turnip would that increase the chances? Just an example but I would like to know.
pretty sure its random or otherwise every peach would be doing it

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
That's a strange-looking turnip cancel...I'm pretty sure when I do it there's no lag like when pulling a turnip off the ground. But I might be wrong, I've only done it like 3 times ever.

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
This was great info. As a new Daisy main, i cant wait to test some of these turnip tricks. Thanks for putting this up. Very Helpful

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
I might have to start paying more attention to the turnips. I usually take to the air when knocking an opponent back, But I'll take this guide into consideration the next time I play.
Time to practice those drops.

Top Bottom