• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Question] Wii U Bombslide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakum

Smash Rookie
So since Bombslide hasnt been patched out, I was trying to do it but with no success.
I think its because if you input a C-stick action it doesnt read the other inputs anymore(since there is a bug with it) or maybe I just suck.

So anyone was able to do it already on the Wii U?
btw I am using the Wii u pro controller.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The c-stick is only required for the initial dash throw part (to make it easier), so I'd imagine that changing the c-stick to tilts instead of smashes will help, if this is in fact the problem.

Last edited:

Rakum

Smash Rookie
OKay got it, "Fox Is Openly Deceptive" is right. If you want to do it with the C-stick put it on attack/tilt.
And Im right also it seems, if you put the C-stick at smash button the game wont read the bombslide inputs.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
I'm using a hori battle pad (recognized as classic pro). I even use the c-stick (smash) input 2nd in the execution. Just to note that it can be done.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I'm using a hori battle pad (recognized as classic pro). I even use the c-stick (smash) input 2nd in the execution. Just to note that it can be done.
Are those any good?I ask because they're cheaper than wiiu pro or GC controllers.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Are those any good?I ask because they're cheaper than wiiu pro or GC controllers.
Personally, the HORI battle pad is my new favorite controller. The analog sticks & buttons are quite responsive. There are some differences from the original GC controller though.
1). The triggers feel almost like an original GC controller without the springs (I love this).
2). Though it's shaped like a GC controller is recognized as a wiiu pro so you will always have to configure your controls on a new system.
3). The battle pad has an additional Z button on the left of the controller (easier for me to bombslide).
4). The battle pad is only barely bigger than the original. I can't tell the difference in size unless I turn both upside down beside each other.
5). Plugs into a wiimote only.

Last edited:

General Tsao

Smash Rookie
Personally, the HORI battle pad is my new favorite controller. The analog sticks & buttons are quite responsive. There are some differences from the original GC controller though.
1). The triggers feel almost like an original GC controller without the springs (I love this).
2). Though it's shaped like a GC controller is recognized as a wiiu pro so you will always have to configure your controls on a new system.
3). The battle pad has an additional Z button on the left of the controller (easier for me to bombslide).
4). The battle pad is only barely bigger than the original. I can't tell the difference in size unless I turn both upside down beside each other.
Is this the correct controller?
amazon.com/HORI-Battle-Mario-Version-Turbo-u/dp/B00ND0E5ZU

I might spring for one, can't get my hands on a gc controller adapter and i like the "shortstroke" L and R buttons.

Have anyone tried the "PDP Wired Fight Pad"? amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Fight-Pad-nintendo-u/dp/B00LSBNSJA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1417491381&sr=8-4&keywords=hori+battle+pad

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Is this the correct controller?
amazon.com/HORI-Battle-Mario-Version-Turbo-u/dp/B00ND0E5ZU

I might spring for one, can't get my hands on a gc controller adapter and i like the "shortstroke" L and R buttons.

Have anyone tried the "PDP Wired Fight Pad"? amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Fight-Pad-nintendo-u/dp/B00LSBNSJA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1417491381&sr=8-4&keywords=hori+battle+pad
Yep, that's the one, and from the same place I got mine! I have the yoshi one from PDP. I don't like these as much as HORI, but they're ok.

Update on HORI battle now that I've finally managed to get a hold of both the smash GC controller & adapter:

I still think the HORI pad is the best alternative I have seen to GC controllers and I prefer its feel to original GC as well. However, I've noticed three things that you must know before buying any of these battle pads (PDP or HORI)
1). There is a very very small input delay compared to original GC controllers
2). Input timing for short hopping is a bit more strict.
3). Tilts may be more difficult to perform as even titling the analog stick too fast will result in a smash. It can still be done consistently, just much more gently.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
(...)
I've got nothing to do with this conversation, but just wanted to note this:

If it plugs into the wiimote, then it's NOT recognized as a Wii U Pro Controller. It's a Classic Controller/CC Pro.
Not many differences between them, except of that small input delay you mentioned earlier.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
For me it doesn't work with the C-stick. However doing Grab+attack is working for me.
I've actually only been able to do this with Grab+attack. Because I don't have it down consistently yet, let me ask you:
Do you go dash, grab, then attack? or
Dash, attack, then grab? or
Dash, grab and attack simultaneously?

Beyond that, it's just getting better rhythm at doing it, I know.

FSK

Smash Ace
I've actually only been able to do this with Grab+attack. Because I don't have it down consistently yet, let me ask you:

Grab first then attack. I have my X mapped as grab so I just slide my thumb from X to A to do the bombslide.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7

Actually, I do it differently now. Just map c-stick to attack and the inputs are the same as brawl. It comes out consistently for me this way.

The other method is dash > grab > up + attack

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Grab first then attack. I have my X mapped as grab so I just slide my thumb from X to A to do the bombslide.
Actually, I do it differently now. Just map c-stick to attack and the inputs are the same as brawl. It comes out consistently for me this way.

The other method is dash > grab > up + attack
Hey thanks, I appreciate both inputs. I've actually got C-stick working while it's on now (not sure why?). I'm following the dash > grab > up attack (cstick). It's really just timing I've gotta master better now.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
After having spent some time in training mode practicing this I'm not sure if I'm out of practicing having not touched Brawl for so long or if these inputs are more difficult this time around. I'm finding that the upward toss bombslide is the easiest of them. I can do this 100% of the time when I want to. As for the forward and reverse slides, these feel more difficult. Especially the reverse. The inputs that FEaR.7 suggested ( Dash > Grab > Up+Atk) is the easiest way for the me to get the forward slide toss. As for the reverse...I've done it but never consistently.

About to go back to Brawl to see if it's really me or this is just harder.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
After having spent some time in training mode practicing this I'm not sure if I'm out of practicing having not touched Brawl for so long or if these inputs are more difficult this time around. I'm finding that the upward toss bombslide is the easiest of them. I can do this 100% of the time when I want to. As for the forward and reverse slides, these feel more difficult. Especially the reverse. The inputs that FEaR.7 suggested ( Dash > Grab > Up+Atk) is the easiest way for the me to get the forward slide toss. As for the reverse...I've done it but never consistently.

About to go back to Brawl to see if it's really me or this is just harder.
I can do forward and upward consistently. The reverse bombslide is definitely not done the same way as Brawl. For reverse I do a JCT just like Zane says.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I can only do forward, I can only get upward out sporadically. I'm using tilt stick -- any advice?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I've seen @ FSK FSK doing all slides consistently so maybe he can help more.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble doing the reverse bombslide. I haven't been able to do it once in smash 4.

FSK

Smash Ace
The problem with the reverse one is the position of the control stick it needs to be very precise. In brawl there was a general area the control stick needed to be to perform a reverse bombslide. In smash 4 its more of a sweet spot. Here is a picture highlighting the position of the sweetspot (As far as I can remember)

http://imgur.com/KbJjzqr

Ieven

Smash Cadet
I tried and even with the sweet spot is sooo hard do pull off every time :(.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Just keep practicing, you'll get it eventually. My advise is to go to training and just do it over and over until you get it. It needs to be muscle memory before you can rely on it during a battle. Until then, just jump cancel throw.

FSK

Smash Ace
What makes it difficult is that you have to press grab while running and then move you stick to the sweet spot and press attack. It has to be done in a fraction of a second. That is why I like having x as grab so I can roll my thumb from X to A while changing the control stick position.

Ieven

Smash Cadet
But the Bombslide is like a DAC no ? You juste do Dash > Dash Attack > Usmash right ?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yes. Which one are you having difficulty with? If you haven't set your c-stick to tilts it's nearly impossible to do with the c-stick.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Yes. Which one are you having difficulty with? If you haven't set your c-stick to tilts it's nearly impossible to do with the c-stick.
See here's the weirdest thing - I keep mine on Smash and I can do it all day.
I switch it to tilt and suddenly it's as rare as bacon and a Vegan convention.

Ieven

Smash Cadet
I set the C-stick on tilt, i can do 2 bomb slide, but it's juste the revers one, it's very difficult for me.

FSK

Smash Ace
I don't undersand, you mean that you do grab and attack in the same time instead of Usmash ?
You have to input grab first and then move you control stick to the desired position and then press attack. It has to be done very fast. You can try it first at 1/4 to get the inputs correct then you can build up speeed.

himtoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
himtoo
You have to input grab first and then move you control stick to the desired position and then press attack. It has to be done very fast. You can try it first at 1/4 to get the inputs correct then you can build up speeed.
I'm using the wii u pro controller and I have my c stick set to attack and can do the bomb slide with dash>c stick up>zgrab+up control stick. But the up throw comes out sometimes and the forward throw comes out sometimes. Any tips and how to to the up throw consistently? Is there a better sequence of inputs? Help please! I'm sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place I'm new here.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I'm using the wii u pro controller and I have my c stick set to attack and can do the bomb slide with dash>c stick up>zgrab+up control stick. But the up throw comes out sometimes and the forward throw comes out sometimes. Any tips and how to to the up throw consistently? Is there a better sequence of inputs? Help please! I'm sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place I'm new here.
It depends on how fast your button input is. Here's a great vid. showcasing bombslides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoFBcIi_glk

If you have any other questions, post them here and we'll try our best to answer them. Don't forget to read the stickies, and have fun posting here!
http://smashboards.com/threads/you-found-the-hint-glasses-q-a-and-faq.382114/

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This is an old thread made before I looked into bombslides. Since then our understanding of bombslides has changed. Do not take anything said in this thread to be the absolute truth. I'm currently considering just scraping the whole thread just in case it spreads misinformation.

Anyone wanting to find out how to do bombslides should go to the youtube video link7 posted ^, or go to the stickied AT thread http://smashboards.com/threads/the-comprehensive-guide-to-links-ats.400585/

Incidentally, bumping old threads is frowned upon unless there is a good reason to do so (for example if it's a MU thread that is outdated or incomplete).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom