• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
Mum's still reluctant, doing my best to persuade her :/ she's worried about me walking from the venue back to the train station at night

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
I don't think interstate trains stop at cooper plains.

I've looked at my travel options again and some timetables and now it seems the best I can do is arrive on Saturday at 6:30am and leave Sunday 7:30am. oh wat to do.

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
Yeah but I arrive at Roma St Station so I'd probably have to catch a train to Cooper Plains, and then take a cab to QSAC Stadium and ugh do it all again

not to mention hang around until 7:30am since I think housing in pretty much outta the question now :c can't the tournament just run all night lol

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Yeah but I arrive at Roma St Station so I'd probably have to catch a train to Cooper Plains, and then take a cab to QSAC Stadium and ugh do it all again

not to mention hang around until 7:30am since I think housing in pretty much outta the question now :c can't the tournament just run all night lol

You can do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Gords

Smash Champion
Matt, i am confirmed now for arrival on thursday (either 3:30ish pm or 11pm ish). are you able to collect me from the city if i get in at 3:30, and when.
also leaving on monday, just drop me off at the city/airport whenever convenient matt if you can.

@BC
wait is shaya coming for this?

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
well, if you cant, means i'm gunna have to hike it quickly to make sure i don't miss the last bus down, also will probs bring my wii if i can find some new batteries for my wii remote.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Gords, Chris will get in at 5:10pm Thursday, so if you can get in at 3:30pm, and wait around the airport for a while (3DS might be a wise option :bee:) that would be great. I pick you both up from Brisbane airport at the same time!

Remastered

Smash Lord
Jaice will be attending this, get hype! He also doesn't have a doubles partner, so if anyone wants to team with the former number 1 in the state, someone should jump on the chance now.

Remastered

Smash Lord
He was still able to beat me a couple of times the other night on counterpicks, so he hasn't really lost his edge. Interesting to see where he'll place, and how you'll set up the bracket now BC.

Gords

Smash Champion
Jaice will be attending this, get hype! He also doesn't have a doubles partner, so if anyone wants to team with the former number 1 in the state, someone should jump on the chance now.
Yep consider that chance jumped on, tell Jaice I'm his double partner. Just don't tell him I haven't played the game in nearly 3 months, definately looking forward to some practice on Friday.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Lolwut, no one's saying that. Anyone who steps up to run a tournament deserves the community's respect, even if it can sometimes be a thankless job. Pretty sure Melee players would appreciate a bracket being set up, and wouldn't care if you're running things, BC. Keep me on the other side of the bracket as Zac and I'm happy. =P

Tourney or no tourney, I'll be playing Melee all day. I might do Brawl doubles too if anyone needs a partner.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have a rough idea of melee seeding BC, so I'll help you set up a melee bracket. I might even join in for melee at this. Have to learn how to play again tonight.

Melee guys will have to organise their own set-ups and tvs though.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Same goes with every position of power - don't take **** from anyone, keep an eye on efficiency and be open to critique. Also interested in the changes in the Queensland scene - good to see you working so hard Bacon!

Sloth

Smash Ace
So melee doubles tomorrow morning still going to happen? I might rock around a bit early and play if it is with one of my friends. I'm going for injustice at 1pm and won't really bother about singles. Haven't touched smash in x number of years so I look forward to seeing my amazing tech abilities if I do play!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Thanks for such a great day and thanks to everyone that came. Very happy with my first TOing and I hope can make the next one better :)

Brawl singles
1st- Apollo (:warioc: )
2nd- Jesmo (:metaknight:)
3rd- Archaze (:metaknight: , :luigi2: , :dedede: )
4th- BC (:lucario: )
5th- Kaion (:metaknight: )
5th- Gords (:toonlink: )
7th- Aero (:zelda: :wolf: )
7th- Blade (:kirby2: )
9th- Pop (:gw: )
9th- Alex (:gw: )
9th- Zydro (:metaknight: :ike: )
9th- JRD (:pikachu2:)
13th- Flone (:toonlink: )
13th- JPW (:marth: :sonic: )
13th- Mitch (:toonlink: )
13th- Smoking Puppy (:metaknight::marth: :rob: )

Brawl Doubles
1st- AA Battery ( Archaze & Apollo)
2nd- Armageddon (Kaion & Jesmo)
3rd- I don't no (Aero & Blade)
4th- JPW and his Puppy ( JPW & Smoking Puppy)
5th- Mustard of dullness ( Pop & Stephen)
5th- TTKA Feck you Blade ( Toki & Tiahn)
7th- Pallet (Alex & Mitch)
7th-MK has the aura ( Zydro carried by BC)
9th PrinRD ( JRD & Flone)

Melee Singles (Wasn't to sure who used who)
1st- Syke
2nd- Ben
3rd- J-Birds
4th- Haikal
5th- Puppy
5th- BC
7th- Gords

Melee dubs
1st- Ruvs (Gords/J-birds & Ben)
2nd- Puppy and Haikal
3rd- BC and TN (BC & Stephen)
4th- JPW likes apples (JPW & Apollo)
5th Pallet (Alex and Mitch)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Ben & JBirds(GF Sub)/Gords won doubles
Haikal/Puppy fun to play yo
Zac is a baby
Ben i carry you
NTSC is the best

attendance was **** step it up melee ****

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I wish we had stuff recorded. My set with Haikal had the tightest match in the history of the universe (no hyperbole) and there would be evidence of me beating Zac in a best of 3 like it should have been. :shades:

Shoutouts to the 5 Melee players. We should just do round robin tournaments in the future with these kind of numbers. It would be a good way of making sure Zac isn't put into losers from DQ as well. If anyone's keen for some meets we should definitely try to get something going again.

Thanks to BC for being the TO. The tournament was fun and it looks like you got pretty solid numbers for Brawl, so good job.

Nice to meet JPW and get surprisingly far in Brawl doubles. Our team combos were on point, haha.

What is Haikal doing up there? Awesomeeeeee
He moved up here for uni.

Top Bottom