• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD Autumn LAN 2k9 | Melee/Brawl | Results Page 45

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
(I decided to remake the thread with a poll to make things easy on me)

Autumn LAN 2009

Okay people. Next big Smash tournament is set to be held once again with the great folks from LanSmash! Unfortunately there's a lot of details to be ironed out and otherwise confirmed. So for now, I'm just gonna throw out the most important details.

Time and Location:

Assuming that it will run like SummerSmash, the times will be the same, however the location has changed.

Springwood Rd
Springwood, QLD 4127, Australia
(07) 3208 4444
http://www.springwoodhotel.com.au/
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...153.137678&spn=0.018443,0.038624&z=15&iwloc=A

Times: 9am to 10pm (Both Days)

Cost:

Venue Fee: $15 for the day or $25 for a 2 day pass

Event Entry Fee:
Brawl: Free
Melee: $5 for Singles*

*Melee players will pay this fee at the door and will receive a ticket. That ticket must then be given to either myself or an authorised person for entry into the competition.

Prizes:

Brawl:
Brawl 1st, 2nd and 3rd placers will each receive a Nintendo themed Prize to be supplied by LanSmash, possibly sponsored by GenCon and Nintendo themselves!
(Players in order of placement will get to choose from the 3 prizes)

Melee:
Melee 1st, 2nd and 3rd placers will each receive a split of the pot.
1st = 50% of Pot
2nd = 30% of Pot
3rd = 20% of Pot

With a 90 person cap at the venue, you're all gonna have to get in and register on the forums. It also tends to make getting into the venue easier, and may also persuade LanSmash to provide us with more space/cheaper entry. So please, PLEASE register on the website, then register on that signup page.

Also, once that is done, I highly advise that you also sign up by clicking here

It's a signup thread for the tournament. This will greatly help me keep track of participants and numbers. So please open that window and simply click the register button.

What to expect

Players should expect a marvelous helping of both Melee and Brawl ala SummerSmash. Doubles and Singles events will be run for both games, with pools then double elimination following.

This time I'm gonna get serious and eliminate the bottom placers from each pool (As opposed to using them to simply seed players) in order to make people play at their peak, so watch out, all of you :mad:

While players aren't participating in tournaments, our local mill worker by day, Captain Falcon by night DJ. Cat will be running N64 side tournaments on each day. Day 1 will consist of Snowboard Kids 2 and Day 2 will be GoldenEye.

Add to that the major hype for the upcoming regional crew battles for Melee and Brawl between Gold Coast and Brisbane. which will occur on each day. We're going back to basics and recording these crew battles with Video Cameras for epic trash talking.

Events Scheduling​

DAY 1: BRAWL
09:00am – 09:30am: Doors Open, begin setup, friendlies
09:30am – 10:30am: Registration for tournament & Brawl Doubles Set up
10:30am – 12:00pm: Brawl Doubles (Double Elimination)
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Lunch Time/Friendlies (Is enough time for lunch as Maccas is right next to us)
12:30pm – 01:00pm: Brawl Singles Set up/Registration (You can eat during this time too)
01:00pm – 03:00pm: Brawl Singles (Pools)
03:00pm – 05:30pm: Brawl Singles (Double Elimination)
05:30pm – 06:30pm: Brisbane Vs. Gold Coast Brawl Crew Battle
06:30pm – 07:30pm: Smashboards Vs. MyWii Brawl Crew Battle
07:30pm – 10:00pm: Friendlies til close. Everyone can bugger off if they want :p

Saturday Side Tournament: GoldenEye

DAY 2: MELEE
09:00am – 10:30am: Doors Open, wait for Melee players because they are lazy/like to party
10:30am – 11:00am: Registration for tournament & Melee Doubles Set up
11:00am – 12:00pm: Melee Doubles (Double Elimination)
12:00pm – 01:00pm: Lunch Time (Spent playing friendlies instead of eating)
01:00pm – 01:30pm: Melee Singles Set Up/Registration
01:30pm – 02:30pm: Melee Singles (Pools)
02:30pm – 05:30pm: Melee Singles (Double Elimination)
05:30pm – 06:30pm: Brisbane Vs. Gold Coast Melee Crew Battle
06:30pm – 07:30pm: Queensland Vs. Out of State Crew Battle
07:30pm – 10:00pm: Friendlies

Sunday Side Tournament: Snowboard Kids 2

Proposed Rulesets​

Tibz isn't going anymore - a dagger through my heart... :c
Noooooooooooo.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Autumn LAN Brawl Ruleset:

The following list is a ruleset for use at AutumnLAN 2009’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament. This rule list is an adaptation of the official Smash Back Room ruleset released 18-04-2009.
(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481)

Golden Rule: If players wish to alter or ignore any of the following rules with rules more familiar to them (such as ‘random starter select’ instead of stage strike) they may on the premise that all parties to the matter agree to it before hand.

General rules:
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Timer
  • Items set to “off” and ratio set to “none”
  • All sets with the exception of the championship match are best of 3 whilst the championship set is a best of five
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. (This is because this, unlike other suicide moves is controlled by controller port priority)
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned*
*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure**
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**Stage Striking: Players determine a winner from Rock-Paper-Scissors, coin flip, etc. Beginning with the loser, players alternate turns in eliminating stages from the starter list until only one remains. This stage is the starter on which the set begins. These “struck” stages are not banned and can be chosen later in the set. (Unless either player chooses to ban one of them in step 3)

Stage List

The stage list to be implemented is based on current metagame analysis and the impact of these stages based on informed evaluations of each stage’s tournament viability. This is also influenced by educated, common arguments made for and against each stage and successful tournament stage lists seen in other states and countries.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Luigi’s Mansion
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes)
Norfair
Port Town Aero Dive

Additional Rules for Doubles Tournament:
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
  • Hanenbow is moved to counter pick
Special Rules
These rules are in place for rare or exceptional circumstances
  • Port Slob Pick: On a player’s counter pick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first in the 1221 method.
  • Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, sudden death will be played out. (This does not include Bowser’s suicide klaw).
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
  • The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Melee Ruleset Coming Soon!

That's all for now from me guys! Get psyched (Syked?) for Autumn LAN!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Is there a good reason why the other thread was deleted? You could easy have just did an edit>poll. :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I tried to but it didn't work :mad:
I think it's because I'm not allocated to this room as a moderator.

Pretty sure I can do it in GBD/Tact Disc.

EDIT:

Shi*
You were right. I didn't realise you had select it under thread tools :(

DoubleEdit:

No wait, in Australia I can't edit w/poll
But in say, tactical discussion I can.

:mad:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm goin. If you go, I'll enter Brawl and let Queensland eat Crown Smash

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
and the 19th of may is my 21st. it could be a massive rave party :) and we should have a low tier tourny also to celebrate :D

ill check the schedule and see whats happening. should be ok though.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Street Fighter 4

Oh arrow me and you for Brawl Doubles again? Grab to Falcon Punch?

Oh and Chris you need to bring the title with you to defend as well!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
ranked doesnt seem to matter BECAUSE ANTHO DOESNT UPDATE THE RANKED THREAD!!! GAWD ANTHO! SMASH FIRST UNI SECOND!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
ppffttt everyone wants the title. you just wait. 2 other titles will be awarded at the tournament. AND YOU CANT LOSE TO THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER ON PURPOSE CHRIS!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Secretly, I stand in front of the mirror and envisage myself wearing the belt.

Hold up a sec. What's gonna happen if an OoS'er wins?

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION Amaterasu vs the winner of the fight for number 1 contenders match. consisting of Ryan/Vyse/Hotdogs/Ben in a fatal 4 way. Normal rules 3 stock no items FD only.

We will also be crowning the Tag Team Champions to the team that wins the team matchs

There will also be a no rules no disqualification anything goes 4 way dance for the crowning of the first ever HardKore Champion. This match will consist of a 5 minute all items on timed match Best 2 out of 3 falls. So who ever wins 2 out of 3 games... wins. Winner will be determined by most stock the took. Who will be in the running for the Hardkore title?... let me get back to you.

PS Brawl Only kthx

And if an out of stater wins..... Well ppfftt HAHAHAh like thats gonna happen we pwn them

Dekar289

Smash Hero
syke is no good, just jump around a bit, get hit a few times or whatever, down-b that crap gg

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
id like to come to this and get owned. depends if anything is on that weekend though...

you guys from GC travel to brisbane for this both days or stay in bris? =/.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll probably stay at DJ's house roflmao.
We all did that last time. Just so convenient.

I'll sleep downstairs under the house if I have to.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
2 booker- yes to random 4 way match. captain falcon's car is top tier. jab car combo is pro. so is uair car combo. also yeah see on the day for partners work on ya falcon neeeds to air dodge ryans combos XD

as for belts who doesn't want one

do want sizzler at hyperdome.

doubt there will be any decent oosers XP

i might have to use my new captain falcon tech, teh wall of manlyness.. yes

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Falcon training has commenced.

So Arrow does that mean your the first person to enter the into the Four way Dance for the Hardkore Title?

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably stay at DJ's house roflmao.
We all did that last time. Just so convenient.

I'll sleep downstairs under the house if I have to.
So how many interstater's are staying with Bob and I this time?
More to the point, how many are staying on the Saturday night?
If theres a lot again, I call dibs on the stair case again.

Anyway, the mini tourney Bob and I are having in 3-5 weeks time will be great.
Hope to see you guys there.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
looks like tibs and are will be going to this. teams is ours if i can stop blowing him up haha

whats the go with accomodation? are we all staying together?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can organise hotel accomodation for the Victorians if they want (I know Jei and Ryan want in as well). I'd rather stay in a hotel on the Gold Coast cus that'd be more pimpin than staying in a hotel in the middle of no-where (ie. where the tournament is).

If I can get 3-4 people to split $50 a night, we can get a **** fine hotel in Surfers or thereabouts.

Plus, I've decided this tournament is important and will sticky it.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Or...........................................................
everyone stays free at Bob's place.
We will try get some more bedding to suit the people,
but if people have any spare mattresses or lilo's
we could borrow to make it easier to host everyone.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
People can do what they want of course, but I'm going to skip on Bob's place. I generally hate crowding in other people's houses. I'm going on a holiday, not a smelly Smash Boot Camp (although that's pretty fun too it's getting kinda ghetto for me).

So if anyone wants to hotel instead just contact me instead. I'm open to booking multiple nights if folks are up for it.

Attila - Chris and I are likely to team, looks like you better train up buddy! *smirk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom