• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
A Lip that looks like Kiki ? MAXIMUM CUTENESS !!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Is anyone still voting for Lip? We're exactly a month away from the Nintendo Digital Event, so cross your fingers just in case Lip gets revealed as DLC at the end!

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I praise for : Ice Climbers as a veteran, King K Rool as a first newcomer for promote a franchise, and Lip as a second newcomer for a new series.

And the next day, Banjo-Kazooie as a guest.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I praise for : Ice Climbers as a veteran, King K Rool as a first newcomer for promote a franchise, and Lip as a second newcomer for a new series.

And the next day, Banjo-Kazooie as a guest.
I think Lip would be great but I don't think if it happens its going to be at E3. I don't think Lip has the popularity to show off there. If anything its probably going to be Icies, Ryu (still hate that Capcom is getting two reps), and Wolf. Banjo is not going to get in since he's owned by Microsoft and that would basically be promoting their system and a new Banjo game out of nowhere. If he does get in I think it would be awesome but his chance is slim to none.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Lip would be great but I don't think if it happens its going to be at E3. I don't think Lip has the popularity to show off there. If anything its probably going to be Icies, Ryu (still hate that Capcom is getting two reps), and Wolf. Banjo is not going to get in since he's owned by Microsoft and that would basically be promoting their system and a new Banjo game out of nowhere. If he does get in I think it would be awesome but his chance is slim to none.
I highly doubt Ice Climbers. If they could get them working, sure, but that's the real issue keeping them out and if they couldn't do it before I don't see why they could do it now.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's not likely that Lip would be revealed at the E3 Digital Event, but boy, wouldn't it be great? : D

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
It's not likely that Lip would be revealed at the E3 Digital Event, but boy, wouldn't it be great? : D
Oh sweet Jesus, YES!!! I would love to see her get confirmed!
And if she doesn't get revealed, then we won't pout. We still got time before 10/3.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Exactly. If we can drum up enough support in five months (and I bet we can), little Lip may just stand a chance.

By the way, I posted your image.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As long as people realize it probably won't happen, sure. I don't mind thinking about the idea, and it would be pretty epic. I can't possibly see it happening without a new Panel de Pon game announced that actually localizes the fairies, but it'd be neat if it did happen.

CH4F

Smash Cadet
Make it a double.
Lip as a DLC character AND a new PDP on Wii U and 3DS. (as an eShop game, online cross-play, first time on a game Lip's introduced to the NA/EU public)

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Make it a double.
Lip as a DLC character AND a new PDP on Wii U and 3DS. (as an eShop game, online cross-play, first time on a game Lip's introduced to the NA/EU public)
And let's not forget! 8-PLAYER VS. Mode, even when fighting online!!! Even battle in teams!
Would you like to be on Valkyrie's Panel Poppers list to show Lip all your support?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Make it a double.
PDP on Wii U and 3DS is far, far more likely than getting Lip as a Smash DLC character honestly.

One new feature that I think would be neat is 4-player multiplayer, but I'm not sure how that'd actually work. Well, Time Trial doesn't matter much, really, the main problem I have is with VS. How do you distribute the Garbage Blocks? Would it be random, appear on everyone else's, or maybe somehow you could choose? (for example, maybe the right stick can allow you to toggle which person they land on, or ZL/ZR).

And let's not forget! 8-PLAYER VS. Mode, even when fighting online!!! Even battle in teams!
Would you like to be on Valkyrie's Panel Poppers list to show Lip all your support?
8-player is excessive. We don't even have 4-player. Or did we get that in later installments? I know I found out that later games added item blocks.

If I'm not on the list add me. I've been in this thread since I joined Smashboards about a year ago, but I don't recall if I asked to be added or not.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You know, I've noticed this thread has been active a lot lately. 73 pages is quite a lot. I would seriously love for her to be in, but wow does it seem unlikely against anything else.

Also, yeah, new Panel De Pon game would would be great. Emphasis on Panel De Pon, because I don't want some other Puzzle League thing.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Why not a crossover with every Nintendo Puzzle-game, like Panel de Pon of course but also Dr Mario, Tetris, Yoshi's Cookie, Wario's Woods, Pokémon Trozei/Shuffle and Kirby's Star Stacker with many Nintendo characters, including these from PDP, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Wario, Pokémon and Kirby (and a DLC special Zelda) ?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Why not a crossover with every Nintendo Puzzle-game, like Panel de Pon of course but also Dr Mario, Tetris, Yoshi's Cookie, Wario's Woods, Pokémon Trozei/Shuffle and Kirby's Star Stacker with many Nintendo characters, including these from PDP, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Wario, Pokémon and Kirby (and a DLC special Zelda) ?
That also works too. It could be like that one puzzle pack with Yoshi's cookie, Dr. Mario, and Panel De Pon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, I've noticed this thread has been active a lot lately. 73 pages is quite a lot. I would seriously love for her to be in, but wow does it seem unlikely against anything else.

Also, yeah, new Panel De Pon game would would be great. Emphasis on Panel De Pon, because I don't want some other Puzzle League thing.
I still think they'll localize it as Puzzle League. That's basically the name they've kept for western releases. Hopefully if they make a new one they actually localize the fairies, though.

That seems a bit too big. The thing with PDP is that its a relatively simple game; that fact will make it easy to develop, if they make it something more expansive they'd expect greater returns from it. That also makes it less likely to actually happen. I don't think they'd make such an expansive thing, and even if they did make it expansive, odds are they WOULDN'T include the original fairies.

EDIT: If its just three games that's not too bad, though.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dr. Mario, Panel de Pon, Wario's Woods and Yoshi's Cookie would make for a neat new Nintendo Puzzle Collection. :b:

:231:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
8-player is excessive. We don't even have 4-player. Or did we get that in later installments? I know I found out that later games added item blocks.
PDP GCN (Nintendo Puzzle Collection) added a 4-player:

Also you're still in the supporter list.

I actually remember wanting to do a similar idea out of this ages ago (I think I mentioned this few pages back):

But as much as I got into this idea, frankly, this would be pretty bombing concept with so many puzzlers together alone.

Puyo VS Tetris kept it simple by making Puyo being the simplistic but solid Tsu-form to make it be crossed most best with Tetris.

I think it'd work best with drop-down puzzlers like Tetris, Dr.Mario and Star Stacker. Rest is heavily debatable to work together, it'd ask for plenty modifications. I sorta experimented with PDP VS Puyo above though.

Though the idea of "Nintendo's Puzzle Party" being the title would sound fun.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
PDP GCN (Nintendo Puzzle Collection) added a 4-player:

Also you're still in the supporter list.

I actually remember wanting to do a similar idea out of this ages ago (I think I mentioned this few pages back):

But as much as I got into this idea, frankly, this would be pretty bombing concept with so many puzzlers together alone.

Puyo VS Tetris kept it simple by making Puyo being the simplistic but solid Tsu-form to make it be crossed most best with Tetris.

I think it'd work best with drop-down puzzlers like Tetris, Dr.Mario and Star Stacker. Rest is heavily debatable to work together, it'd ask for plenty modifications. I sorta experimented with PDP VS Puyo above though.

Though the idea of "Nintendo's Puzzle Party" being the title would sound fun.
DAMN. How did I not know about this? *sigh*

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I said that because I remember of Tetris & Dr Mario from the SNES that had a "Mixed Match" that mix the two games alternatively.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So I guess I'm the only one who wants to see a Panel de Pon take on Mario Party, huh? ^^;

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
For a title screen theme in Panel de Pon Wii U and 3DS, I want it to be a more upbeat rocking remix of the title music from Panel de Pon GC.

Plus, if they're releasing retailed/digital copies, I would love a Panel de Pon Direct!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
For a title screen theme in Panel de Pon Wii U and 3DS, I want it to be a more upbeat rocking remix of the title music from Panel de Pon GC.

Plus, if they're releasing retailed/digital copies, I would love a Panel de Pon Direct!
I don't think Panel de Pon is big enough for its own direct UNLESS it becomes Nintendo's main puzzle game series. If it does do that, I hope it kinda turns into a RPG/Puzzle game.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I feel that with Nintendo being a bit friendly with SEGA lately, a Panel de Pon x Puyo Puyo game is definitely not too out of the possibility.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Personally, I wouldn't mind Panel de Pon / Puzzle League for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U as eShop exclusives.
But I would mind if it didn't include online 2-8-player mayhem, or in other words, Nintendo Network support. Cause that would be disappointing.
I would love more online Puzzle League. I can dominate matches with the Wii U Pro Controller and the Exploding Lift mechanic, since I conquered all the past games. Intelligent Systems would have to test online multiplayer so it doesn't become laggy like Smash.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Unless Nintendo wants to take advantage of the opportunity to introduce Western players to a new franchise using pre-existing characters (there were a few Puyo Puyo games localized - not a lot, but...), like what happened with Puzzle and Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.

Last edited:

CH4F

Smash Cadet
How do you distribute the Garbage Blocks?
I think in NPC Panel de Pon, in 4p mode, you've your damages splitted. Everyone gets hitted by your combos. Pretty much just like Puyo Puyo.
But I'm just wanting again a 3-8p mode. If they make that, we need a Team Battle mode. We didn't have that in NPC PDP.
The BESTEST garbage mechanic I've ever seen in a team battle arcade puzzle is the one from EA's Tetris, on PS3.
Basically you've got an extra button, that you can switch between Attack and Defense.
Attack adds garbage lines (Unbreakable ones. No holes on it.) to your opponents' screen and Defense is the only way to get rid of it.
You need some adaptation work to put that right in PDP, but I think it's doable.

8-player is excessive.
"Excessive" is a synonym of "Funnier".

Unless Nintendo wants to take advantage of the opportunity to introduce Western players to a new franchise using pre-existing ones (there were a few Puyo Puyo games localized - not a lot, but...), like what happened with Puzzle and Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.
Basically Puyo has the same situation as PDP. The first occidental Puyo was Puyo Pop on GBA, 2001. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (1993) and Kirby Avalanche (1995) introduced the gameplay of Puyo before, but SEGA didn't continues to release Puyo games after Fever and Fever 2's flops.
I think if PDP have a revival, that can start a revival of other puzzle games, for both japanese and western players.

And I'll make a small add of the Panel De Pon subreddit. They're going to translate NPC PDP in english, so, shoutouts to them.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'd heard of the PDP subreddit before. It's pretty great that they're doing a translation of the Puzzle Collection PDP. That could get a lot of support for Lip going (even though she doesn't, technically, appear in the game, BUT).

Though I'm sitting here and wondering if maybe, somewhere, in some Nintendo storage vault, there's a 95-100% complete official translation of Nintendo Puzzle Collection. It was far enough along in development to get an ESRB rating and was even announced in an upcoming releases pamphlet... Maybe if it did get released over here, Panel de Pon wouldn't be as neglected as it is now.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Always found it weird how PdP managed to consistently get localized over here (stripped of the original aesthetics of course) through the DS days but then when Nintendo goes gung ho about e-releases of their smaller puzzle titles, PdP never made an appearance. Hell, we got a Ms. Pac-Man style sequel to Dr. Mario in Dr. Luigi!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Always found it weird how PdP managed to consistently get localized over here (stripped of the original aesthetics of course) through the DS days but then when Nintendo goes gung ho about e-releases of their smaller puzzle titles, PdP never made an appearance. Hell, we got a Ms. Pac-Man style sequel to Dr. Mario in Dr. Luigi!
We did?

Top Bottom