• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just because you're not interested in Bayonetta doesn't mean she doesn't have a chance. Don't be like the guys who voted Lip low just because she's obscure! D:

I agree, though, we're kind of straying from the topic here.
Assumptions are being made about my lack of interest in Bayonetta. Why wouldn't I enjoy Stripper the Game?

I own the Banjo thread and even I have enough sense to know that he's never going to happen unless there's a literal miracle.

Just like I know Lip isn't going to happen anytime soon, but she's not a third party so her chances are infinitely higher.

If you want a random third party that's not being requested right now, there's Bubsy and Meat Boy. Not letting you get away with it. :p
Sakurai goes on about how deciding the roster is stressful and how third party characters are a special situation.

All four third party characters we have had are giants who made an impact in gaming, have 30+ games, etc.

Take it to the Character discussion thread if you're adamant about continuing.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
In the grand scheme of things, yes she is.

Especially had it not been for Nintendo. Ten years down the line she'll be another Glover, Gex, and yes, even Lip.
Lacking the financial ability to create/publish your own game does NOT equal a complete lack of audience interest in your game. These are two completely different things.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We've done the talk several times about how he can change his mind about that third party situation.
Were just going to have to agree to disagree and end it with that.
If you'd like to make an actual case instead of continually stating "anything can happen guys!" then by all means.
Lacking the financial ability to create/publish your own game does NOT equal a complete lack of audience interest in your game. These are two completely different things.
The lack of financial ability is usually attributed to the fact that there is a lack of an audience and therefor a lack of income from said audience to fund said game. Not to mention Sega owns the series and has more than enough money to throw at it.

I never said anything about a lack of audience in the first place, every character ever has someone that cares about them, but regardless of how big or loud they are, it's completely irrelevant to Smash. Could Lip potentially get in? Sure, she's a Nintendo character, the obstacles can be overcome. Bayonetta? She has even more hurdles to jump and then a release form to sign.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's not irrelevant to Smash as long as the voices is heard, then Sakurai can consider her (and Lip's) addition for DLC.
If you'd like to make an actual case instead of continually stating "anything can happen guys!" then by all means.
I have already done that multiple times in very specific James, I suggest going back to the thread and re-look there.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I think the biggest case against Bayonetta being in the game is because she'd violate the E10+ rating, considering how absurdly sexualized she is.

If you really want to argue about whether or not she has a chance as third-party DLC, though, the Lip thread isn't exactly the best place to do that! ^^;

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's not irrelevant to Smash as long as the voices is heard, then Sakurai can consider her (and Lip's) addition for DLC.
So, as long as any Joe Blow has a vote, then they have an actual legitimate chance of getting into Smash.

By that logic, explain to me how Bayonetta is any more likely than Lip.

Or Shovel Knight.

Or a Goomba.

Or Goku.

"Sakurai said no anime characters!" you say?

Sakurai can change his mind, you know. He'll clearly listen to any outrageous request, at that.

I have already done that multiple times in very specific James, I suggest going back to the thread and re-look there.
As far as I recall, you ended the last one with the same "anything can change" shlick.

Again, if you're not going to continue it in the character thread, just drop it in here.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hate to be made out as a bad guy, but what can you do? Hopefully I can set the record straight by saying that my stance on the matter has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on Bayonetta herself or the quality of her games.

If Lip were a third party character, I'd be saying the same things (if not worse) regardless of how much I personally wanted her in.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
JamesDNaux brought her up as an example of a character who people think is more likely to get in as DLC than Lip even though, in his opinion, she really isn't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Frankly, I agree with JamesDNaux. I see little chance of Bayonetta happening. Does she have a chance? Yeah, a tiny bit. But that's minuscule, honestly. Lip by virtue of everything related to her is far, far more likely than Bayonetta.

(And I don't think Lip is that likely.)

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Let's stop arguing, and wait for the Nintendo Digital Event.
Lip could be announced at the end. If she isn't announced, let's continue giving Sakurai our voices to get Lip in the game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
JamesDNaux brought her up as an example of a character who people think is more likely to get in as DLC than Lip even though, in his opinion, she really isn't.
This is an opinion:
Because JamesDNaux picked this thread to be completely wrong about her in.
As I've already said, my opinion on Bayonetta has nothing to do with my stance on her probability.

If Bayonetta were a Nintendo character? You can bet I'd be all over that.

It certainly doesn't help anyone's case to just say I'm wrong instead of actually trying to understand the argument.

It's already moved anyway, so you can attack me over there as you please.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let's stop arguing, and wait for the Nintendo Digital Event.
Lip could be announced at the end. If she isn't announced, let's continue giving Sakurai our voices to get Lip in the game.
I... would love for Lip to be announced, I just can't possibly see it happening. The only way I see it happening is if they announce Panel de Pon (perhaps Wii U & 3DS) in the Digital Event for 2015 as its the Panel de Pon 20th anniversary.

That said, I think its just as likely, if not more likely, for them to want to announce characters like King K. Rool and Isaac (if its newcomers), who have much bigger fan followings and would stir up more hype at a big event at E3, or even cut veterans. I think the best-case scenario for us at E3 is Panel de Pon 2015. Then maybe later on they could announce Lip as Smash DLC for October alongside the Panel de Pon 20th anniversary. I can't see her being announced for Smash at E3, though.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I feel like I could have organized a better argument than I did in the RTC thread, but at the same time, stuff like this is just preaching to the choir. I feel like we need to get a good effort underway for certain characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel like I could have organized a better argument than I did in the RTC thread, but at the same time, stuff like this is just preaching to the choir. I feel like we need to get a good effort underway for certain characters.
I still think 40% is a tad bit too high, but I like the argument. I agree, we are having problems with the big heavy hitters. K. Rool and Isaac seem like good next choices, and right after that Dixie. Then maybe later Rhythm Heaven as well. After that, Advance Wars and Panel de Pon are pretty good choices to represent long-running Nintendo franchises. Funny that both are Intelligent Systems...

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Anyways, let's continue putting our votes for Lip and giving Sakurai our wish for Lip to join the battle as DLC. I have all of the US games up to date. That means:
Tetris Attack (SNES and GB, got both)
Pokemon Puzzle League (N64)
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (GBC)
Dr. Mario & Puzzle League (GBA)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)
Puzzle League Express (DSi, on the 3DS)

So just give me new retailed/digital Wii U and 3DS games, with Nintendo Network support, and I'll be good to go!

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
As far as Panel de Pon goes, the main issue I have is; IS can EASILY create a new Panel de Pon/Puzzle League game with not too much effort, and even if it doesn't make much, it won't hurt them much, either. Panel de Pon is a relatively small game. Unless they try and give the game like 3D backgrounds or whatever, there's not much difficulty in creating a new game in the franchise.
YES YES! And instead Nintendo is giving us "puzzle & dragons, super mario bros edition"! :mad: I has me so peeved! :mad: And I'm a hard person to make angry!
The low scores in that thread are absolutely disgusting.
Totally! Most of them are just ignorant about Lip though, so it cant be helped :ohwell:
I honestly don't understand what the point of the"Rate Their Chances" thread is. People just post their own interpretations of how likely a character is to make it into the game, which are completely useless speculations since none of them work for Nintendo? Who are they to say that Lip has a 1% chance or a 90% chance or this/that/the other? They have absolutely no say in the development of the game.
Well I like it becuz it gives me a chance to talk about other characters I love to enlighten others who know little to nothing about them. It's great to commune with fellow Panel de Pon fans, or fans of another obscure character you really like, but I also like to see others opinions. Unlike some for people who can get upset, stupid haters just make me giggle! :rotfl: It's just their own opinions like you said, no one has any shred of credibility in that thread. it's all for fun but some love to argue cuz they treat it too seriously... and that's just too funny, again! :rotfl: You can easily just ignore someone who tries to tell you that ur wrong, just let those fools waste their energy :p

And you can have up to 5 nominations a day, so you can bump up another favorite of yours to get to talk about them... I just like to see what other people think, whether its negative or positive~
and the Want% is what I really like, I can smother people with my love of Lip untill they suffocate :skull:
Alright, posted my thoughts. Didn't go too much in detail here, since I didn't have much to say that others didn't say already.
I know I was the one who came bearing the news, but I havent even been there yet ^^' (just got on Smashboards for the day)
I'm sure the comments there will be a barrel of laughs for me~ :joyful::joyful:

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I'm the brains of Puzzle League! I can come up how online play should work.
1: Miis should vote for how many panels there should be for each battle (3-7)
2: Panels are randomly selected from the colors you collected.3
3: If you have Exploding Lift on, you can still use it to battle people online, so this won't count as cheating.
4: We also need a troubleshooting system in Puzzle League like Smash, for trolling people who continuously reach the blocks on top of the playfield, giving hurtful messages, baseless reporting to players, and etc.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I honestly don't understand what the point of the"Rate Their Chances" thread is. People just post their own interpretations of how likely a character is to make it into the game, which are completely useless speculations since none of them work for Nintendo? Who are they to say that Lip has a 1% chance or a 90% chance or this/that/the other? They have absolutely no say in the development of the game.
The point of the thread is to get an idea of how likely we think a character is, and (unofficially) laugh at ourselves when we find out how off we were. :p

:231:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I posted my Lip picture in various places with mention of Panel de Pon and the Smash Ballot in the hopes of getting somewhere.

That failed spectacularly.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Anything's possible. There's still five months left for the ballot. That's plenty of time to rack up support for Lippy and get those votes in. ^^

As a comparison, the Donkey Kong series was never really huge in Japan - I think a lot of it having to do with their patriotism and most of the games from Country 1 onwards being developed by Western developers - but K. Rool has a ton of support over there (as he should!). A lot of that was because of word-of-mouth and fan campaigning. If we can do something similar...

Out of all my separate posts, I've only gotten a single note. I'm probably just not artist material.

Though the one on Pixiv did get a decent amount of views, surprise surprise.
I could post some of your artwork on my F Yeah Panel de Pon blog. Maybe that would get it a bit more attention. : )

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could post some of your artwork on my F Yeah Panel de Pon blog. Maybe that would get it a bit more attention. : )
On Tumblr? I highly doubt you'd want to do that, but I really appreciate the notion!

I went looking for Panel de Pon groups on dA, that wasn't a good idea.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As a comparison, the Donkey Kong series was never really huge in Japan - I think a lot of it having to do with their patriotism and most of the games from Country 1 onwards being developed by Western developers - but K. Rool has a ton of support over there (as he should!). A lot of that was because of word-of-mouth and fan campaigning. If we can do something similar...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Donkey+Kong

Please don't make erroneous claims... DK is a worldwide phenomenon and has been popular everywhere, including Japan.

The only DKC game that hasn't been a huge success in Japan is TF, and most games sold better in Japan than in Europe. The Donkey Kong Country cartoon was also EXTREMELY popular in Japan.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Ah. For some reason, I was under the impression that the series didn't sell as well in Japan. I guess I was wrong. Still, my point about making a fan movement and spreading positive word-of-mouth stands. If it's working for K. Rool, it'll work for Lip.

On Tumblr? I highly doubt you'd want to do that, but I really appreciate the notion!

I went looking for Panel de Pon groups on dA, that wasn't a good idea.
FYPDP has so far managed to avoid the "dark side" of Tumblr, if that's what you're worried about.

What happened on dA, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
FYPDP has so far managed to avoid the "dark side" of Tumblr, if that's what you're worried about.
Feminazis? Nah, I just ignore that stuff. It's actually my own work that you'd probably want to avoid.

I keep my dA clean for the most part though.

What happened on dA, if you don't mind me asking?
Terrible things.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Ahh, right... DeviantArt. I getcha.

What pictures would you like me to post? I could credit you anonymously or by your Smashboards name if you're worried people might find your other stuff.

Top Bottom