• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
...T...To predict that there is an Item...Dragoon Parts...From a C rank game...That you need to collect, COLLECT THREE PARTS TO, Something that has never happened in Smash, to guess the Name, Number of parts, and what the item does EXACTLY, is just scary! I could predict you know... Power Glove item, thats easy, but to guess THIS? There is no way to be that absolutely right about something so weird. He knew about this no doubt, Does he know about Wolf, Lucario, ect? Maybe not but he did know about Dragoon.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well, actually, it wouldn't be TOO hard to predict the item. The item basically does the same exact thing in Kirby Air Ride, really.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
This is scary. I mean, if that post is really posted from when the stage builder was announced, and this issn't a hoax, then It can't be other then true.

Can someone please link me the original post with the date on it?

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The Dragoon doesn't have any reticule or super attack in KAR, it is a vehicle with great stats and can fly for a long time in the game. At least from what I gather.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, I remember this from gamefaqs.
It's really strange that it turned out to be true.

And he said Wolf is in the game and Ness will be back, but not that they are playable characters, they could be assist trophies, or Wolf might be a boss. Who knows...

But I still hope the thing about Mewtwo isn't true....

Luigi player

Smash Master
No, I remember that this was posted on gamefaqs.

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.
There. He said Wolf is in the game and Ness is returning, but that doesn't mean they will be playable characters.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
No, I remember that this was posted on gamefaqs.

There. He said Wolf is in the game and Ness is returning, but that doesn't mean they will be playable characters.
Hooray!

I say this list is made of epic failure because it has Ness and Wolf and Lucario replacing Mewtwo because Mewtwo is so much better IMOLOL.

The fact that the guy got dragoon is really creeping me out. Ness is already out anyway...so the guy must've just gotten a good guess...

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
maybe wolf makes the same cameo that he does in ssbm....and why would sakurai waste a perfectly good clone(ness)

I've been skeptical of a lot of things(i.e. megaman not read to brawl stuff) but this seems legit, he got that amazingly right....

it's not like he said " a star is going to be an item", this has to be the best prediction for brawl i have ever seen, which leads me to believe it's not a prediction...

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Predicting an item like Dragoon may give this some credibility, but I don't believe in Lucario replacing Mewtwo for a second. =/

Hejiru

Smash Ace
HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH. He predicted the Dragoon item thing perfectly accurate. If you don't like the news, then too bad. I like it, I love Lucario, but Mewtwo is a little sad. Ness is likley to be a Lucas clone, and Wolf, Falco, what about Krystal? She was pretty much guaranteed. I hope not, FOUR Starfox characters?

espio87

Smash Ace
it really is creepy that the guy guessed the dragoon item. it was either a lucky guess (which I find hard to believe because of the detail he described the item) or he really got inside info. I just hope that half of the info that was given to him was false (especially the one which deconfirms mewtwo) only time will tell wether he was right or not

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH. He predicted the Dragoon item thing perfectly accurate. If you don't like the news, then too bad. I like it, I love Lucario, but Mewtwo is a little sad. Ness is likley to be a Lucas clone, and Wolf, Falco, what about Krystal? She was pretty much guaranteed. I hope not, FOUR Starfox characters?
I disagree with everything there.

LUCAS is the Ness clone.
Lucario<Mewtwo
Krystal over Wolf, and maybe Falco if he's still a clone.
This is still only a rumor, Sakurai hasn't confirmed any of this.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Ugh.

1. Ness hasn't ever been confirmed as being out, nor has Sakurai even suggested that he's out. "Up until now" means nothing; Sakurai's even used that very phrase in subsequent updates to refer to elements still present in Brawl. See here. Furthermore, "has appeared" is NOT equivalent to "had appeared":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Present_perfect_tense vs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluperfect

2. Why is it that so many people stopped believing this "prophecy" when they read that bit about Ness... doesn't it strike you as a bit more than odd that this guy is claiming that Lucario will be replacing Mewtwo?

3. http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/detail.php?board=928518&topic=40411864&message=442848112. I will admit that the part about the crosshair and the attack you perform does make me a bit... wary to completely dispel this as being fact, but honestly, this isn't the first time we've had people say things like that and have them come true relatively soon. Which brings me to my next point...

4. Remember PuroresuGrande? Or how about BlueWave? Or the dozens of other "prophets" that sprouted up over the past few months? Many of them made extremely specific predictions that actually came true. For example, BlueWave claimed that Sonic would be revealed at the Nintendo Conference and on the DOJO!! on the same day - as well as the fact that there'd be a playable E For All demo. Turns out that was true; also turns out that all of the other claims he made were BS by his own admission.

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
hmm i think predicting that sonic would be announced on the same day and playable to be more obvious than the dragoon, even though we already knew about snake, snake was announced on the dojo, while a konami event was going on and they showed some stuff with snake in brawl. leaks do happen, rarely but they still do. it's not like sakurai's development team is trapped in a room with no communication to the outside world, maybe one of them got drunk at a bar(saki) and told someone information, and passed it on.........this is the one leak i'm going to believe in until proven otherwise

EPX2

Smash Ace
BlueWave also predicted the exact day that the announcement would be made (Wednesday). That's hardly "obvious."

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
"Ness is returning"

NO!

Look, yo can say they mis translated it (in EVERY language), but face the facts anout Ness. NESS. IS. OUT!

The dragon does the exact same thing in Air Ride, all this guy had to be was a knowledgable Air Ride fan, and that is all. There are two sects of prophets, the ones who state things that are painfully obvious (Nintendorone lol), and those who are lucky to any extent. If someone predicted certain characters and said that there would be a new way to get trophies, then the Con SHooter was announced, he would be considered a prophet.

P.S. Ness is out.

EPX2

Smash Ace
"Ness is returning"

NO!

Look, yo can say they mis translated it (in EVERY language), but face the facts anout Ness. NESS. IS. OUT!
Jesus... nothing was mistranslated. If you would look at my previous post and read that post I linked to (as well as the difference between the present perfect and the pluperfect tenses), you would see that Sakurai never said Ness wasn't returning.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I hope EVERYTHING that guy just said is true, all those people are part of my Dream Roster =O
Well, I feel uneasy about Wolf, how could he be avoided of a Fox clone?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I like everything about the prediction except Wolf. Yeah, I don't really care but I don't see how original Wolf might be (we'll have to find out in over a month).

Anyway, either this guy's prediction is freakishly accurate or he works for Sakurai or something... @.@ (Sorry for the doubt feeling)

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
wow...this guy might be right.

if so, then awesome.
Lucario=awesome
wolf=awesome

but of course, this still leaves room for more characters.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Jesus... nothing was mistranslated. If you would look at my previous post and read that post I linked to (as well as the difference between the present perfect and the pluperfect tenses), you would see that Sakurai never said Ness wasn't returning.
I believe you are mistaken. When the infamous "up until now" quote has been mentioned on he Dojo, it is usually reffering to the exclusion of something/it being changed. See the handicap update. It states that the handicap system as we knew it was replaced and a new one was implemented. See the A combo update. It states that "up until now" A combos could only be done alon by rapidly pressing A, but that now you can hold A. In that instance, it states that they have REMOVED that, and REPLACED it with another one (as in prior games it could only be done only by rapidly pressing A).

Technicalitities aside, if they added Lucas, and gave him and identical moveset to Ness (Pk frost is a flashy new way of showing PK Flash), why would they keep Ness?

Now, there is one thing that might support Ness, and that's the fact that the Dojo stated "Ness HAS" not "had" and they stated "AND Lucas is similar" opposed to "but". However, if translated from another language, it's pretty clear that Ness is out. But, the way that Smash Balls can be used more than once, could possibly be the same case with Ness.

Rash

Smash Ace
Not only do I think of Mewtwo's replacement as possible, but I also think of it as beneficial. I happen to like Mewtwo, but he's just not a good fighter, whereas Lucario definitely would be. Make him an assist trophy and move on. There's no need to take up that roster space when only a miniscule amount of people actually like using the character.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Argh... Up until now is not a valid argument. I'll quote myself:

I agree, Ness's chances are slim, with Lucas having his moves and all, but it's possible that Sakurai could make Lucas a starter and Ness an unlockable, with Ness getting a new moveset, or just make him a clone.

People, did we not just get a Wario's origional costume a few days ago?

Ness problem solved.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)
Most likely referring to the Wolf costume Fox has, remember this was when stage creator was announced, and I'm pretty sure Fox's wolf costume was announced after stage creator.

Falco is returning.
Highly doubt this unless he has a new move set. He could be a AT involving his starship.

Ganondorf is returning.
Duh

Captain Falcon is returning.
Again...Duh

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.
I can see this happening, and hopefully it will

Ness is returning.
Since Lucas has not been playable in any Brawl Demos yet, I would not be surprised if he got the Wario treatment (Lucas alt costume = Ness possibly...but I still doubt this)

Zelda can turn into Sheik.
Duh..well at least I expected this

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.
Wow

Oh and Final Destination is back.
Final Destination will be in, cant imagine Brawl without it ( or at least a stage similar to it)

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.
Starting Roster Plzkthx

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Theres no way that that was a guess. He got it EXACTLY TO THE POINT.

At least when the guy predicted "Pokemon trainer" He predicted that pokemon trainer himself was playable, and he threw pokeballs at people.

But this.. this is a leak. Far from a guess.

Prettymuch if you don't beleive the rest of what he says, then you're **** stubburn, and you risk the bigger chance of looking like a fool later on.

But those who believe him now? They have very good reason to.

I believe him.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Eh... I certainly hope that this isn't true. The dragoon prediction is creepy, I admit. But, then again, how many prophets have there been over the last year or so who have predicted random things like that? Almost all of them have been proved wrong. Is it really so unlikely that one of them happened to guess correctly? Like some people have already said, all he really needed was a knowledge of Kirby's Air Ride.

His other guesses are all things that everyone has opinions on, anyone could tell you one way or the other about them. Now, if he'd had two bizarre guesses come true, Dragoon and, say, Coin Launcher, then I would have believed him. As it stands, with just one offbeat guess and a couple of common theories, I'm just going to have to say no.

Of course, I'm probably completely wrong, but seriously, how would someone have found out about Sakurai's inclusion of the Dragoon? It's just a random item! I understand leaks about characters, because that's something obvious and big and discussed... but, if someone found out about an obscure item from a little-known game, shouldn't that person have even more info about characters? I notice that there are no unexpected character choices up there; Lucario, Falco, Ganondorf, Shiek, Falcon... half of those are already all but confirmed.

...Yeah, that's my stand on this "prophecy." Luck (which some prophet was bound to have) and a couple of slightly controversial opinions. Of course, I'm probably going to be proven wrong at some point, so don't take my word for it.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I believe you are mistaken. When the infamous "up until now" quote has been mentioned on he Dojo, it is usually reffering to the exclusion of something/it being changed. See the handicap update. It states that the handicap system as we knew it was replaced and a new one was implemented. See the A combo update. It states that "up until now" A combos could only be done alon by rapidly pressing A, but that now you can hold A. In that instance, it states that they have REMOVED that, and REPLACED it with another one (as in prior games it could only be done only by rapidly pressing A).
Once again, I direct you towards the topic I linked to. Everything you brought up was discussed there in full detail. The handicap update shows that the system has been changed, yes, but that particular sentence containing the "up until now" quote makes no mention of the handicap system having been changed, so you can't use the "Up until now, handicaps worked like this; now, they work like this" argument. Your reference to the combo update actually works since Sakurai actually suggests that there's a new way to perform combos (he says something to the effect of "combos have been performed primarily by pressing A").

Technicalitities aside, if they added Lucas, and gave him and identical moveset to Ness (Pk frost is a flashy new way of showing PK Flash), why would they keep Ness?
Because for one thing, they don't have identical movesets. Movesets are comprised of more than just special moves, after all; we've already seen that Lucas' standard moves (which make up the bulk of any character moveset, by the way) are very different than Ness. Regardless, Ness is still a popular character in the Mother franchise, arguably more so than Lucas, whose only video game appearance outside of Brawl was in the Japan-exclsuive Mother 3. It's debatable that Lucas has replaced Ness as the face of the series, but since when has there been a quota on how many characters can come from a single franchise?

Now, there is one thing that might support Ness, and that's the fact that the Dojo stated "Ness HAS" not "had" and they stated "AND Lucas is similar" opposed to "but". However, if translated from another language, it's pretty clear that Ness is out.
Really now? Here's that very statement translated into different languages:

French: "You know Ness since its appearance in the series Smash Bros., you will soon adopt Lucas, very similar. They belong to the same family of characters PK."

German: "In the Smash Bros. series a character named Ness appeared so far. Lucas resembles him very much."

Italian: "Lucas is very similar to Ness, a character who has always seemed so far in the series of Smash Bros. Both use the Psico powers."

Spanish: "Surely you agree Ness, a character that appeared in previous editions of Smash Bros. Well, Lucas is very similar to it. In fact, come from the same family of users of [PSI]s."

As I said, it was not a mistranslation. The quote means virtually the same thing in all languages: "Ness has appeared in all previous installments of the SSB series" - NOT "Ness is not returning in Brawl."

But, the way that Smash Balls can be used more than once, could possibly be the same case with Ness.
The people that assumed that Final Smashes can only be performed once per match either lack basic reading comprehension skills or made a very hasty and ridiculous conclusion after reading the update. The exact quote from the DOJO:

Smash Bros. DOJO!! said:
The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.
Re: People suggesting that the characters mentioned will be alternate costumes of others: Wario's already been confirmed to be the only characters with an alternate costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom