1. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 140,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 14 million posted discussions!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2. Get the first ever Smashboards shirt - available for a limited time only! Click here to get the shirt today for under $20!

3. The official Nintendo White Controller is on sale for under $33 right now! Get it before the price increases! Also, get the special Wii U - Smash Gamecube controller here!

4. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Project M via USB Loader

Discussion in 'Brawl Code Sets' started by Amon Amarth, May 21, 2011.

1. Amon Amarth

Amon Amarth Smash Journeyman

I'm relatively new to Project M, completely. So please bear with my noobishness.

Is there a way to get Project M working via USB Loader? If so, is there a tutorial that tells me what needs to be done? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Amon Amarth

Sorry, just noticed the sticky, I'll make a new thread in the help area.
  3. mugwhump

mugwhump Smash Journeyman

Yes. Just put everything in the exact same place you would if launching via gecko, and set "use Ocarina cheats" or whatever to on.
  4. Amon Amarth

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by "put everything in the exact place you would if launching Gecko."

I have Project M installed, but I cannot use Gecko OS because I am not currently using a Brawl Disk, I am playing it through a back up ISO image via USB loader.

Now, I know that I need to Ocarina somehow, I don't know what to do. I can turn Ocarina on, but I have no idea what I need to do to make Project M work.
  5. mugwhump

mugwhump Smash Journeyman

^it means put the files in the same place. Put the gct in the "codes" folder on the root (if that's where your USB Loader reads codes from), and put the "pf" folder in the appropriate place.

I use Configurable USB loader, and there's an option there for using Ocarina cheats. Turn that on, launch the game, and it should be Project M if everything's right.

But I'm not sure what USB loader you're using. Some of them can't read gcts with more than 255 lines, which would be a problem for Project M.

Anyway, if you can't get it to work just try out Configurable USB Loader.
    Nintendaholic likes this.
  6. MonkUnit

MonkUnit Project M Back Roomer

• Project M Dev Team
    Discussing USB loading is against SWF rules.

Go to the Project M IRC for help.
  7. smashbro29

smashbro29 Smash Champion

NNID:
    Smashbro29
    Would you put the cheats on the HDD or the SD card?
  8. MonkUnit

• Project M Dev Team
    SD Car d.
  9. smashbro29

smashbro29 Smash Champion

NNID:
    Smashbro29
    After trying every USB loader I could find and reinstalling Project:M again, I have the same issues, either the cheat file isn't found by the system (and yes I changed the filepath) or it does and when I load it up I get "exception DSI OCCURED" and a whole mess of numbers.
  10. MonkUnit

• Project M Dev Team
  11. ViewtifulHoe242

ViewtifulHoe242 Smash Journeyman

**** YEAH THANKS A MILLION
    now for some long awaited 3.0