• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
But Lucina is in hackless already...
It's an older build; We do not advise using those builds due to their instability and lack of quality control. This build that we are releasing is up-to-date and has custom-made PSA's for it. I'd suggest waiting on downloading from other sites until we can update the links.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
If Silver gets in, I'll be able to promote this. I'm doing a series that stars Shadow, and will star Silver as well. I playtested the original 0.1, and found the sfx weren't functioning correctly, as well as Shadow and Sonic encounters. Other than that, it seemed good to use (except Ridley, he was a bit odd to play as, but maybe that's just me). Side note, Lucina and Waluigi would also be great for Season 2. PS: I could also probably make a trailer/trailers for it.

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
Being a guy who hasn't hacked before, or played the hacked version of pm unbound, I was just wondering if someone could tell me all of the characters in the 0.3 build. Thanks!

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
So... Will Megaman be in hackless??
You already asked the question once, I'm not even sure if they are allowed to get third party characters if they have to follow project m's rules where they can't add third parties or new characters that are going to be in smash 4

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
You already asked the question once, I'm not even sure if they are allowed to get third party characters if they have to follow project m's rules where they can't add third parties or new characters that are going to be in smash 4
They already added shadow and Lucina in hackless version so I doubt they are following those rules.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
It's not certain that these rules apply for us, but we do not add characters into this Mod until we work on them personally. Megaman would be a huge endeavor to make compatible with Project M, so we may stray from him until things go smoothly later on. We will be announcing more news later on, just be patient.

If Silver gets in, I'll be able to promote this. I'm doing a series that stars Shadow, and will star Silver as well. I playtested the original 0.1, and found the sfx weren't functioning correctly, as well as Shadow and Sonic encounters. Other than that, it seemed good to use (except Ridley, he was a bit odd to play as, but maybe that's just me). Side note, Lucina and Waluigi would also be great for Season 2. PS: I could also probably make a trailer/trailers for it.
Well I'm glad you have your hobbies man! Funny enough; I use to be a Garry's Mod animator, so I know exactly where you're coming from! Well I don't think it's that simple man, we can't just add the characters back in now. If it's for casual use or film production, I see no reason not to use the older builds. Until we can get around to them, I'd suggest sticking with the older Unbound build just for that unique purpose.

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
It's not certain that these rules apply for us, but we do not add characters into this Mod until we work on them personally. Megaman would be a huge endeavor to make compatible with Project M, so we may stray from him until things go smoothly later on. We will be announcing more news later on, just be patient.

Well I'm glad you have your hobbies man! Funny enough; I use to be a Garry's Mod animator, so I know exactly where you're coming from! Well I don't think it's that simple man, we can't just add the characters back in now. If it's for casual use or film production, I see no reason not to use the older builds. Until we can get around to them, I'd suggest sticking with the older Unbound build just for that unique purpose.
So what your saying is that you will be removing shadow, Ridley, and waluigi??

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbdDc4783Q

And what's this about then? It has Megaman in it
Again, Look at the date. We already explained this before; This build is updated and a lot of the chracters have been removed until further notice. All older videos, downloads, or other content regarding Unbound is not supported anymore! Megaman was probably in the video for testing purposes, or the person recording the video added it in himself.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Again, Look at the date. We already explained this before; This build is updated and a lot of the chracters have been removed until further notice. All older videos, downloads, or other content regarding Unbound is not supported anymore! Megaman was probably in the video for testing purposes, or the person recording the video added it in himself.
Whats this Lucina recolor based off of?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Whats this Lucina recolor based off of?
Good question again! This one was based off of Terra from Kingdom Hearts; Dream Drop Distance. Another recolor of her was based off of Aqua from the same game, and the 1st recolor was based off of shiek (although truth be told, it turned out more like the snow queen from Frozen).

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Good question again! This one was based off of Terra from Kingdom Hearts; Dream Drop Distance. Another recolor of her was based off of Aqua from the same game, and the 1st recolor was based off of shiek (although truth be told, it turned out more like the snow queen from Frozen).
Since you said recolours of terra and aqua will there be one based on ven?

Last edited:

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
Yes, that thing. Would be amazing.
That move is already her NAir IIRC.

Anyways, idk if you guys know this, but, for Project M, the replaced Pokémon Trainer's Call for Roy, and for Mewtwo, they replaced one where the announcer says "Fighting Alloy team!" which is weird considering Alloys shouldn't even be selectable :V

I also have a few questions regarding Pichu.

Is it intentional that his Thunder has Absolutely No knockback if Thunder doesn't hit him directly?

Like, I set the cpu to 200%, and his jab had more Knock back than Thunder did, I literally had to hug the CPU and have Thunder land on Pichu to K.O them, was this a design choice? I pretty much just use Thunder while falling forwards to not take damage from it, but it does pitiful knock back, so it's really bugging me.

There's also his Down Taunt.

You can cancel that thing about 35% of the way through, and then just spam it because why not, or Dash out of it, etc...

I assume this was easily overlooked because taunts are mostly unimportant?

Imagine Sonic's Down Taunt, where he says, "You're too slow!", and Imagine he's able to cancel out of it freely by the time he starts saying "too", that's what I mean.

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'll Test Hackless for you guys again when it comes out, I'm assuming that I won't have to re apply or anything considering I was a play tester for the last version, But I'll re apply if needed

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Hobby? Not really, more like a job now...I just don't get payed for it is all. Look, if there was a way I could have added him in to 0.1, fixed the SFX bugs, and the visual bug with Shadow and Sonic, I would've done that already and never asked for anything, but I can't find any other way of getting him added in, or the sfx fixed. I got PM 3.0 during as soon as it came out, and I wasn't doing videos at the time due to it being Senior year, so by the time I graduated and went back to Brawl after a tourney with some friends in June, It's just too damn slow and clunky compared to PM, Project M doesn't have many hacks working correctly with it (like my Shadow and Silver hack) as well as no way to add in extra characters instead of replacing present characters, so Unbound is really the only thing that'll work.
All I need is this cloned in: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204401 He could be completely mute for all I care, but I do need the extra addition. Plus, if you think about it, he's already in SSBB in some way, so there's no C&D potential or copyright issues. If you can't add him in, then pm me and at least give me the stuff to do so on my own, I really need this, not just for the series, but for my fans. They deserve the best series I can give them, and I can't do that with Brawl, and I can't do that without Silver being added in.
I already support Unbound, hell, I've playtested 0.1 and loved it, other than Ridley's moveset, the Random on the Roster being out of place, Shadow and Sonic visuals glitching (figure 8 being Chaos Bolt, Chaos Bolt and Chaos Emerald being a figure 8, etc.), and the SFX being janky for Roy (Sounds like Duon), Mewtwo (Sounds like Galleom), Shadow (Sounds like Sonic), Pichu (Sounds like Pikachu), Waluigi (sounding like pit upon death/KO), and Lucina (Sounding like Marth when fighting him) and that's all that I've found (Haven't been able to play 0.2 yet due to how busy I've been lately) but if I can have this little addition (and some fixes for the things mentioned above), either through you or from your help at the very least, I can make a trailer for you guys and try and convince my fanbase to try this out and get this out in the open, plus, some of them are bigger channels than I, and getting them interested would mean getting they'd want to inform their fans, and so on and so forth.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Are you still accepting character requests? Because if so, Louie.
And if you need stage or music work, I'll gladly help. Or not. Whatever.
EDIT - I don't actually make stages but I can get them from other places and whatnot. Like my computer. I have so many. Sooo many.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
yeah we take character requests but we only accept some

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Ah, ok. Do you ever create your own PSAs or do you just get them from BVault and such?
PS Louie moveset is in BDX if you're wondering if he has a psa, he does, and it will be updated on the 13th I believe...

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Hobby? Not really, more like a job now...I just don't get payed for it is all. Look, if there was a way I could have added him in to 0.1, fixed the SFX bugs, and the visual bug with Shadow and Sonic, I would've done that already and never asked for anything, but I can't find any other way of getting him added in, or the sfx fixed. I got PM 3.0 during as soon as it came out, and I wasn't doing videos at the time due to it being Senior year, so by the time I graduated and went back to Brawl after a tourney with some friends in June, It's just too damn slow and clunky compared to PM, Project M doesn't have many hacks working correctly with it (like my Shadow and Silver hack) as well as no way to add in extra characters instead of replacing present characters, so Unbound is really the only thing that'll work.
All I need is this cloned in: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204401 He could be completely mute for all I care, but I do need the extra addition. Plus, if you think about it, he's already in SSBB in some way, so there's no C&D potential or copyright issues. If you can't add him in, then pm me and at least give me the stuff to do so on my own, I really need this, not just for the series, but for my fans. They deserve the best series I can give them, and I can't do that with Brawl, and I can't do that without Silver being added in.
I already support Unbound, hell, I've playtested 0.1 and loved it, other than Ridley's moveset, the Random on the Roster being out of place, Shadow and Sonic visuals glitching (figure 8 being Chaos Bolt, Chaos Bolt and Chaos Emerald being a figure 8, etc.), and the SFX being janky for Roy (Sounds like Duon), Mewtwo (Sounds like Galleom), Shadow (Sounds like Sonic), Pichu (Sounds like Pikachu), Waluigi (sounding like pit upon death/KO), and Lucina (Sounding like Marth when fighting him) and that's all that I've found (Haven't been able to play 0.2 yet due to how busy I've been lately) but if I can have this little addition (and some fixes for the things mentioned above), either through you or from your help at the very least, I can make a trailer for you guys and try and convince my fanbase to try this out and get this out in the open, plus, some of them are bigger channels than I, and getting them interested would mean getting they'd want to inform their fans, and so on and so forth.
I cannot do this for you, but there is a way to get a very rough clone (no SFX, CSS Icons, Battle Portraits, or Custom costumes) into Unbound or Brawl. Remember; A majority of the clone's movesets/animations you'll want to clone will be designed for Brawl and may not work with Project Unbound! So if you're expecting the best quality from this project, you'll have to wait for each character to release from our backroom staff. Watch this video and follow the instructions once Build 0.3 releases. You shouldn't use 0.2 since there is an issue with the EX engine in that build, and we can't guarantee it'll work properly. Remember to use this video after 8/17/2014 when Project Unbound 0.3 releases!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHtHbJL79M&list=UUCC3-Ug_l3LCpbAo8K3DOGQ

Good luck man, and hope your fans will be happy with some new, high quality videos!

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
There was a slight mistake in the schedule; Turns out the 16th is a Saturday, not a Sunday. We will be releasing on 8/17/2014 with both Hacked and Hackless.

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
I'm still hoping for dark Samus we need more characters from other games not more Pokemon there's already 8 of them in here

SIN Shinryu

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna download this on my spare SD card and try it out.
If you guys want any help with anything just message me and let me know, I've got a lot of free time. I've modded the hell out of personal copies of brawl and Project M, just never created anything.
I can record videos of it if you need it or something. Anything to help out.

I haven't been able to find a lot of pictures or anything for it, I could maybe try some photoshop stuff for it if you guys want? Logos, pictures, idk. It just doesn't seem to be very out there yet.

Top Bottom