• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Juken

Smash Ace
Where did you get the Vaati toon link mod from on your build? I don't see one like it on Brawl Vault.

But anyway, the Vaati mod seems broken. In windwaker taunt, he holds the sword with the instrument, and then in some of the smash attack animations, the sword is just floating in the air.
ss+(2014-08-03+at+08.21.38).jpg

I haven't updated to V8 of your build since I've customized some stuff, but has he been fixed in it?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Where did you get the Vaati toon link mod from on your build? I don't see one like it on Brawl Vault.

But anyway, the Vaati mod seems broken. In windwaker taunt, he holds the sword with the instrument, and then in some of the smash attack animations, the sword is just floating in the air.
View attachment 20305

I haven't updated to V8 of your build since I've customized some stuff, but has he been fixed in it?
I'll fix his sword's visibility bone.

sicKO

Smash Rookie
okay I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but when Mewtwo and Roy are selected, it says "Fighting Alloy Team" and "Pokemon Trainer" respectively . minor, but fyi. love the build btw. It's the only one I use!

edit: maybe it's something I did wrong, but all of their sounds are messed up as well.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
okay I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but when Mewtwo and Roy are selected, it says "Fighting Alloy Team" and "Pokemon Trainer" respectively . minor, but fyi. love the build btw. It's the only one I use!

edit: maybe it's something I did wrong, but all of their sounds are messed up as well.
Yeah ya messed up, lol. try deleting all of the files in projectm/pf/sfx/ and putting the ones from a default PM build in instead.

Tyler_Mykal

Smash Rookie
Hey Theytah, I love your build but when looking at some pictures you posted I saw master chief from halo, when i downloaded your build he was not in the game. Was he suppose to be there or are you adding him in the future?

igglybiblyjiblet

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5429-6814-5730
I've been trying to use the stage expansion but i'm not too sure what the common5 file replaces so it keeps on messing up the stage select screen in your build Theytah. Any idea how I could use it on top of it without messing it up?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've been trying to use the stage expansion but i'm not too sure what the common5 file replaces so it keeps on messing up the stage select screen in your build Theytah. Any idea how I could use it on top of it without messing it up?
You'd need to rebuild the common5 after expanding the stagelist, because it affects a lot of the CSS and SSS :/
Hey Theytah, I love your build but when looking at some pictures you posted I saw master chief from halo, when i downloaded your build he was not in the game. Was he suppose to be there or are you adding him in the future?
That's in my brawl shock build, not this one.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the build, Theytah. My friends and I have been adding some really weird sounds and fighters into the game along with modifications to the character selection screen to match them, making it comical.
DSC07232.JPG

Last edited:

Warmachine01

Smash Rookie
Hey first of all, brilliant mod, it's absolutely fantastic! ;)
Have a quick question to ask and may be a very simple one but if I want to play he original maps whilst using this mod, what do I do?
Thanks a lot

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey first of all, brilliant mod, it's absolutely fantastic! ;)
Have a quick question to ask and may be a very simple one but if I want to play he original maps whilst using this mod, what do I do?
Thanks a lot
If you want default brawl maps delete the corresponding .pac files in pf/stage/melee. If you want default pm ones replace them with the ones in vanilla project m. Keep in mind to change the pictures you can use brawl stage manager to do this.

simoftw

Smash Rookie
hey theytah,

great build. i just signed up to let you know that.

also, to let you know, that for some reason after every match i play, i have to fight sonic in a 'challenger approaching' battle and i haven't found this bug talked about anywhere else on this thread. i mean it's more of an annoyance than a bug, i just SD and it takes me back to the CSS.

is there any fix for this?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
hey theytah,

great build. i just signed up to let you know that.

also, to let you know, that for some reason after every match i play, i have to fight sonic in a 'challenger approaching' battle and i haven't found this bug talked about anywhere else on this thread. i mean it's more of an annoyance than a bug, i just SD and it takes me back to the CSS.

is there any fix for this?
You have an old broken GCT code file, just redownload the build (assuming you downloaded the dev version.

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded your build on my 4gb card ( I have homebrew), but when I got to homebrew channel and start Theytah's Build, it loads brawl slowly and when I go to custom stages, nothing happens. Any solutions?
What SD card are you using? As far as I knew, the Wii couldn't load any 4GB cards at all.

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Need your help please.
I am looking for original stages of brawl like mario circuit for project M.
I don't have a bd player on my old computer, so how can I found these pac files ?
thanks

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

bryant0203

Smash Rookie
Can somebody help me please. I extracted the files and put them on the SD card, I only deleted a couple songs but nothing else but when I put the card in and try to play nothing happens. I am trying the hackless method like with normal Project M but nothing happens.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Can somebody help me please. I extracted the files and put them on the SD card, I only deleted a couple songs but nothing else but when I put the card in and try to play nothing happens. I am trying the hackless method like with normal Project M but nothing happens.
Sometimes the hackless method hangs a bit trying to load, just try it again.

bryant0203

Smash Rookie
I explained what was happening poorly, I meant to say that Project M wont start at all. It just stays on normal brawl, do you start it a different way or do you just go to stage builder, because that did'nt work either.

JLFizWiz

Smash Rookie
Hey, the music list and stage list seem to deviate from the actual build. For example, there is no Pirate Ship Stage, and some of the music is instead put into southern Fairy Island. Some music is also changed, such as Professional Griefers on the PM Stadium, and the Game of Thrones theme. Are the lists outdated, or are they for the development build?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I explained what was happening poorly, I meant to say that Project M wont start at all. It just stays on normal brawl, do you start it a different way or do you just go to stage builder, because that did'nt work either.
Personally I use homebrew, but there's no reason that it shouldn't be working with the stage builder method, try reinstalling maybe?

Hey, the music list and stage list seem to deviate from the actual build. For example, there is no Pirate Ship Stage, and some of the music is instead put into southern Fairy Island. Some music is also changed, such as Professional Griefers on the PM Stadium, and the Game of Thrones theme. Are the lists outdated, or are they for the development build?
the current songlist is outdated yes, I've had too much work to be able to update the changelogs.

meteosan123

Smash Rookie
I've been testing alot of different mods, and by far I love this one. Can anyone help me though? I want to remove the skins of the characters, but keep the map and music.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've been testing alot of different mods, and by far I love this one. Can anyone help me though? I want to remove the skins of the characters, but keep the map and music.
Then delete all of the character's skin files using the costume manager

Gigabowser007

Smash Rookie
For the most part I'm a huge fan of what you've done with this build, but there are a few stages that I'm not a fan of and have been trying to replace on my own. For the most part I could, but with Eastern Fairy Island and Big Blue the game will freeze if I attempt to replace or delete them. Any reason why?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out. Had to change the .rel

Last edited:

bryant0203

Smash Rookie
Ok so I get on the homebrew channel and its just the normal homebrew menu without any apps, should I use a 4gb sdhc card and download Gecko OS?

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I love the build, But what happens if I want the original voice clips for Marth and Pit? Is there a way to use those while still using the build?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Just a quick question, @ Ryztiq Ryztiq , where did you get that PM Kingdom stage from? I'm looking to replace some stages on my own build of Project M soon.

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I am having problems with the music portion of the build, It starts making loud buggy noises, cuts to a different song, then repeats and it is giving me headaches.

I honestly do not want to remove any music because then obscure music from Brawl's original soundtrack will play on a random modified stage that doesn't fit. Is there a way to stop the music glitching, Because that is literally the only problem I'm having with the build.

Top Bottom