• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Okay, it finished downloading. I'm going to echo the sentiment shared here and say that downloading the files from Skydrive is a bit of a pain because everything is separated by folder instead of being grouped together. I understand that I could go up a level and grab everything in one go, but that would include things that I just don't need.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Really Hype for the mod downloading now, looks like oodles and noodles of fun.

Quick question though, I know the project M team had some slow down issues with the 3.0 mod. Being new to any other Smash mod should i expect that this package will also be affected by slow down issues? Sorry for being a downer just a little curious.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
What "slow down" issues do you speak of?
Well the custom costumes in project M can slow the framerate down, for example If everyone picked classic link on peaches castle the game is quite choppy.

I am still going to have fun with the package but should I be expecting a slower framerate with the custom costumes? going to be using the hackless method here.

NightKev

Smash Rookie
NNID
DayKev
Well the custom costumes in project M can slow the framerate down, for example If everyone picked classic link on peaches castle the game is quite choppy.

I am still going to have fun with the package but should I be expecting a slower framerate with the custom costumes? going to be using the hackless method here.
If a costume is marked with a yellow warning triangle with a "!" in it on the character select screen, then it will cause slowdown if multiple people have chosen such costumes. Sometimes two won't cause issues, but if 3 or 4 people choose such costumes then there will be definite slowdown, possibly to the point of unplayability.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
A couple of bugs I've found:

Sector Z's blast line is incredibly screwed up. I was playing Turbo, did a combo, landed on the ground, then somehow went directly to being star KO'd.
Loading Boo Mansion crashes the game. Haven't had this happen with any other stage just yet.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
A couple of bugs I've found:

Sector Z's blast line is incredibly screwed up. I was playing Turbo, did a combo, landed on the ground, then somehow went directly to being star KO'd.
Loading Boo Mansion crashes the game. Haven't had this happen with any other stage just yet.
Already listed the Sector Z bug, who were you playing as?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Samus, using the Other M outfit. I also had a level 9 Mario and a level 9 Link in their original outfits.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Cool cool stuff, question regarding the stages.

Are all of them 3.0 ready, with the new camera data and blast zone information?
That's all I'm really here for to be honest.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've adjusted most of the camera and blast zone limits of the stages, especially on great bay to center it on the platforms

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Welp, the link to the mod on dropbox is here, but for some reason whenever I try to edit my own post it says the site is offline.

marlinswine

Smash Rookie
i know you've got some pictures up, that's appreciated, but the new stages are what i'm most interested in and i'd really like to check them out without having to test them all. could you just do a quick screen shot of each of them? or maybe just links to them in the vault or wherever they come from. pack seems cool regardless.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I just figured out what caused the freezes too, so the build will only be homebrew compatible.

Nevermind, I'm figuring out what it is though.

Last edited:

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Is it possible for you to put the .brstm IDs in the post with the song titles?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Link to the download, since it won't let me edit and I can't change the name. A lot of things are fixed now, including the freezing many people had, just put the contents of the "play" folder into your SD's root.

The Father

Smash Rookie
I wanted to download only a few things from this pack, but I'm not sure what's necessary and what I can leave. If I nothing but Priiloader and stages (with portraits and the SSS), what files do I need to take? Do I need to download the whole "install" folder or can I simply download the Priiloader stuff in "apps" and "extra"? For the stages, I was thinking I could just take the "stages" and "module" folders in projectm/pf, along with the common5 for the SSS.

Are the codes and gameconfig.txt different than standard P:M? Could you also explain what private/wii/app/RSBE/st/ st_(numbers).bin does? I've never seen that before.

Sorry for all the questions, I want to keep my character textures and music, but I want to to add your stages to my build.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
If you want priiloader, you can just take the "extra" and "priiloader" folder from the install folder, once they're installed you dont need them anyway so you can delete them after priiloader is set to your wii.

The .bin file you mentioned is so that the build can run both hackless and with homebrew.

The stages and characters are wound together, inside of mu_menumain and common5, so unfortunately no, unless you want to dig all the files needed yourself, which is usually a pain :/

BetaHousing

Smash Rookie
I tried using this pack... yet I could not use it for the life of me! It looks good on paper.. but when I used it.. I couldn't select any characters on the bottom half... at all. Also, you love space Jam... a lot.

The Father

Smash Rookie
Also, did you change any of the common.pacs other than common5? If so, what did you change?

StevenBeastMode

Smash Cadet
Using Rosalina Peach's neutral B causes the game to crash.
Also, Wii Fit Trainer's rigging is hilarious to watch, because of her build is much thinner than Sheik's.
Polygon Donkey Kong's torso is like, separated from his arms. This causes many hilarious although disturbing body positions. Especially in moves like nB and when he carries someone after the grab.

Last edited:

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Thanks for uploading the mod. My bro and I are enjoying the textures and music, especially the attack on titan theme on battlefield!

TeenLink2D

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...what Roselina did you use? I installed her on my default PM that I obtained from brawl box, and it doesnt crash but this one does. Maybe ill see if I can replace the files...

StevenBeastMode

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...what Roselina did you use? I installed her on my default PM that I obtained from brawl box, and it doesnt crash but this one does. Maybe ill see if I can replace the files...
The one that comes with this build. I don't really know much about the modification of PM or even Brawl.
Sorry for not saying this before but, thanks a lot for this build Theytah. It's awesome. Didn't mean to only call out the negative.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
No prob! and I'm already looking into some fixes on stuff like that, the build is updated live so i'll let you know when I fix rosalina

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I tried using this pack... yet I could not use it for the life of me! It looks good on paper.. but when I used it.. I couldn't select any characters on the bottom half... at all. Also, you love space Jam... a lot.
You need the codeset that comes with it, and also, most of the space jam songs are a joke :p

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Using Rosalina Peach's neutral B causes the game to crash.
Also, Wii Fit Trainer's rigging is hilarious to watch, because of her build is much thinner than Sheik's.
Polygon Donkey Kong's torso is like, separated from his arms. This causes many hilarious although disturbing body positions. Especially in moves like nB and when he carries someone after the grab.
Brawlygon DK isn't completely rigged yet, still working on his bones.

TeenLink2D

Smash Cadet
Apparently it happens when you go through the Rules option from the main menu but when you do it from character select, it shows correct stages weird lol

Top Bottom