• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Dashing back and forth results in abrupt halts, his down air has delay, his down smash is changed entirely, and he randomly teleports. I can't tell what the problem is.
I fixed it, I ported a VBrawl FitSonic.pac over PM's accidentally

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I don't have a capture device, but after performing Sonic's Side B, you'll notice the issues right away.
Edit: Nvm, didn't see your post. Thanks!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Here's the replacement I'm working on to go over Dr. Willy's Castle, Brinstar Depths!

Changes:
Kraid no longer rotates or hits the stage
The blue thing on top was moved out of the way
The platforms are moved to give aid on recovery instead of being in the way on top
the left side of the main stage has a grabable ledge.

Things I'm gonna do before adding it:
Move the blue thing on the right so the stage is more flat, and make it grabable.
Move the antennas to the front, because when you go behind them you become invisible.
Maybe thin the platforms out and make them drop through, idk.
Fix up the camera so it's more focused on the stage.

Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone wants to help me out with testing stuff more, let me know, and I'll PM you my skype so that we can talk on a more realtime basis.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Here's the replacement I'm working on to go over Dr. Willy's Castle, Brinstar Depths!

Changes:
Kraid no longer rotates or hits the stage
The blue thing on top was moved out of the way
The platforms are moved to give aid on recovery instead of being in the way on top
the left side of the main stage has a grabable ledge.

Things I'm gonna do before adding it:
Move the blue thing on the right so the stage is more flat, and make it grabable.
Move the antennas to the front, because when you go behind them you become invisible.
Maybe thin the platforms out and make them drop through, idk.
Fix up the camera so it's more focused on the stage.

Any thoughts?

Wow! This is awesome! If you end up tilting the right blue thing and making it flat/grabbable, maybe you could remove the gray thing to the left of it for a little more flat stage real-estate. Looks great though!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Wow! This is awesome! If you end up tilting the right blue thing and making it flat/grabbable, maybe you could remove the gray thing to the left of it for a little more flat stage real-estate. Looks great though!
The grey thing is already in the background, the whole top of the stage is mostly flat besides where the blue thing on the right is :)

Also, I'm probably going to be up all night redoing collisions, because I'm going to rotate the whole stage a tiny bit so that it's more flat.

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Totally cool. I really like what you've done with it. But how long is this supposed to take to download? I have good internet but it is acting odd when it comes to downloading form there, is there a reason or something I'm missing?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
It might be updating, since my files are updated live, the total size is 2GB for the whole build.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
On great bay, should I keep it so that players can go under the floating platforms, or put a barrier underneath to prevent that?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've updated the stagelist! Now my custom brinstar depths goes over geothermal plant, and a custom stage that I edited to fix some issues with is put over Dr. Willy's Castle, Molgera's Room from wind waker!

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
How do I change the BPs, RSPs, and CSPs manually if I don't want the the full build and just want to change a few stages and characters?

Edit: I think i found out how, need to replace images in common5 with brawlbox,

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
You'd have to go through each directory that has them, CSPs are in common5, while BPs and RSPs are in the portrite and char_bus_tex folders.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
To do this update, should I just replace the stage folder in pf, or is there new music or whatever?

TeenLink2D

Smash Cadet
So if i wanna download this for 3.01, what files do i actually download. I dunno if the launcher works with this but it never it always freezes for me.

david cordero

Smash Rookie
So if i wanna download this for 3.01, what files do i actually download. I dunno if the launcher works with this but it never it always freezes for me.
download all the files in the pf folder and replace those with the ones in the 3.01 folder.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is a really great pack. A little rough around the edges but I'm having a blast with it! Good stuff man.

R.A.B.

Smash Rookie
Finally finished this! The link to the folder where I update it is linked at the bottom. Instead of building up to it I'll just list all the stats!

All the stages are geared toward a competitive aspect and aren't over complicated.
All of Project M's competitive stages have been left alone so that the build is tourney legal too.
There is also a key which can help you decide on which stage to use, it appears when you have no stage selected.

I could actually use some help with this! A star near a name means I'm not sure about the title, if you have a more detailed (or correct) title please let me know so I can correct it!

• Some Characters have general color overhauls which make them more true to their original game, thanks to the "Smash 3" mod!
  • Some Characters also have elemental effects which were not listed, try them out and see for yourself ;)
  • Pit, Sonic, and marth have custom voice mods.
  • All the costumes follow the character's body and don't change hit/hurt boxes. Some have elemental effects, and some even have voice mods!
  • This is a non-Wifi Build
  • It is tourney Legal (only the stages not used in tourneys are replaced)
  • It runs off Project M 3.0
  • The mod works with both homebrew and hackless!
  • Custom Gecko Boot Screen.
  • Custom Strap Screen.
  • All BPs, RSPs, and CSPs are included.
  • Ditto Image over the random slot.
  • The mod comes with instructions to install a Project M channel, along with the files needed. :) (you need to already have homebrew installed.)
  • Also comes with Priiloader (instructions and files provided) which allows you to boot to the homebrew menu, so you don't need a wiimote or sensor bar.
  • Fix up the song names.
  • Make a video for it.
  • Geothermal Plant is laggy in 4P
  • Dr. Willy's Castle is laggy in 4P
  • CPUs walk back and forth aimlessly on great bay. (this is due to a stage collision thing, I'll fix it soon.)

R.A.B.

Smash Rookie
After I start: first of all, sorry about my last post, I'm new to Smashboards (Commenting on it I mean) and that actually relates to my other point, I like this built A LOT, I even had to create an account just for this and it would be awesome to play P:M with all this features but I seriously hate SkyDrive, my files freeze all the time or they are broken for some reason so please if you could upload the homebrew file to ANYWHERE else (Mega, mediashare, rapidshare, anywhere) that would help me a lot, i've been trying to download the file since yesterday and, as I said, it would really help me having the file uploaded somewhere else. Also, I'm not a pro at, well, doing advanced things in general (This is not even close to an advanced thing probably) so I have a few questions 1.- When the download is finished what do I do? do I just put the file into my SD card and it will work or do I need a P:M file in my SD card too? 2.- If I want all the features (music, alts. etc.) what file do I need to download, everything, play or install? And what do I do with that?

I've been playing P:M since 2.5b so I kind-off know what to do, but I'm seriously having issues with this so a little help will work. Thanks
-PS: I'm mexican so if my comment seems weird or some things are out of concept that's why (I'm also 15 years old so that doesn't help either)

R.A.B.

Smash Rookie
Also, I just noticed, I can't even play normal P:M, do I need to update Homebrew channel to play 3.0.2? for some reason it doesn't work, I've tried multiple times and I don't have any custom stages, also, I already restored my SD card (again, multiple times) so I don't see why is happening NOTE as I said i've been playing P:M since 2.5b and i'm doing the same, I don't see the problem. Thanks again

TeenLink2D

Smash Cadet
On Wilys Castle, there's a crazy glitch. I was King Kirby while my friend was Shadow.

Near the middle of the stage he would just grab me and i'd instantly go to the right side of the screen and KO. Tried to replicate it in training, but nothing. Going to test more.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
After I start: first of all, sorry about my last post, I'm new to Smashboards (Commenting on it I mean) and that actually relates to my other point, I like this built A LOT, I even had to create an account just for this and it would be awesome to play P:M with all this features but I seriously hate SkyDrive, my files freeze all the time or they are broken for some reason so please if you could upload the homebrew file to ANYWHERE else (Mega, mediashare, rapidshare, anywhere) that would help me a lot, i've been trying to download the file since yesterday and, as I said, it would really help me having the file uploaded somewhere else. Also, I'm not a pro at, well, doing advanced things in general (This is not even close to an advanced thing probably) so I have a few questions 1.- When the download is finished what do I do? do I just put the file into my SD card and it will work or do I need a P:M file in my SD card too? 2.- If I want all the features (music, alts. etc.) what file do I need to download, everything, play or install? And what do I do with that?

I've been playing P:M since 2.5b so I kind-off know what to do, but I'm seriously having issues with this so a little help will work. Thanks
-PS: I'm mexican so if my comment seems weird or some things are out of concept that's why (I'm also 15 years old so that doesn't help either)
Put all the files inside of "Play" into your SD card's root. and It'll work.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
On Wilys Castle, there's a crazy glitch. I was King Kirby while my friend was Shadow.

Near the middle of the stage he would just grab me and i'd instantly go to the right side of the screen and KO. Tried to replicate it in training, but nothing. Going to test more.
You have an old version, the build has been updated to its current final version and dr wily's castle is replaced.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
The download link is down until i finish uploading to mediafire, my skydrive link is below however.

Top Bottom