• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I was completely with you guys until I read about Meteor Canceling reduced to 5 frames.

Seriously, it's the only BAD part of Melee. Why in the world would you need to bring THAT back?

Also, Bowser can flame cancel normally in Brawl. I'm not sure why that would be a highlight.

shanus

Smash Hero
I was completely with you guys until I read about Meteor Canceling reduced to 5 frames.

Seriously, it's the only BAD part of Melee. Why in the world would you need to bring THAT back?

Also, Bowser can flame cancel normally in Brawl. I'm not sure why that would be a highlight.
Err, we aren't going to 5 frames, but we are reducing the duration from 25 frames.

This is what happens when I type things up too quickly.

The main highlight of the MC fix is that we hop to fix the fact that you can spam up B or up on the joystick to jump out of a meteor cancel (you cant by pressing Y or X)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nana is even more of a ****** and she can't share the ledge with popo (and thusly doesn't have a tether). thats my excuse. i don't even care about the CGs, i just can't go back to that dumb *****.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
well, this is exciting, isn't it? i hope this and brawl+ can coexist. i don't understand how each will fulfill a unique role apart from one another though.

if you do include the previous characters in this, please consider the altercations that PSA authors have added to them. of course, this is your project and thus under your scrutiny as to whether they will be given the boons their authors applied, but things like roy's revamped tipper rather than wasted range like in melee seem like favorable changes, even if they break some of the balance previously in melee.

this is the chance to make a direct sequel to melee but with balance, new mechanics, new (rigorously tested) characters (like GENO, ZERO)...this is what just about everyone wanted and still wants deep down.

i'll be playing b+ and this heavily over the years. i can feel it in my bones...

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to play it.
L-canceling: An entirely new L-canceling code has been programmed through use of a fighter.pac injection. This enables natural feeling L-canceling as a method to reduce half the landing lag of aerials. A current caveat is that this code needs to be built to maintain a 6 frame timer akin to melee, but has not yet been completed. A nice new feature is that upon a successful L-cancel, a small little starish flash appears behind your characters feet.
Jump-Canceled grabs By pressing the grab button during the beginning of your jump start animation you can now enter a standing grab at the speed of a full dash. [Note-this code is work in progress]
I liked everything except these 2 things. I don't really see the point in them.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Guys, I don't think PM is going to become the dumpster for new characters. D:

I'm for hard tested MELEE characters though...but we still need a way to load them INDIVIDUALLY.

Oh, and @ Shanus: I'm always here. :3

humble

Smash Ace
Can't wait to play it.

I liked everything except these 2 things. I don't really see the point in them.
Well, L canceling allows you to halve the frame of an aerials landing lag, which is pretty useful, and jump cancelled grab allows you to grab out of a dash with standing grab, which could be very useful.

Anteo

Smash Cadet
So this is a mod for Brawl+.. oh wait...

------

This sounds sick! I wan t to try it now!!!!!!!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
The true game we've all been waiting for for who knows how long is finally coming. I can't even grasp the true form of Project M's sexiness. I ESPECIALLY can't wait to play Captain Falcon. XD
GIYGAS FOR PROJECT M NOW!!!111

Still, this sounds awesome. Will you guys be returning Ganon to his Melee sexiness, but with that awesome Flame Choke tech chase? If so, I will love this forever.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
So this is a mod for Brawl+.. oh wait...

------

This sounds sick! I wan t to try it now!!!!!!!
ahahah, oh man.

you're right! this isn't based off brawl at all...it's a mod of brawl+!
the irony that we're making a mod to be a true sequel from, what i consider, another mod that is a true sequel.

this is rich.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So right now, this is just fun the Melee way? So B+ is still representative of the competitive side of Smash.

So if Ganon is becoming sexier, does he keep the Thunder Stomp? I kinda like it, seeing how it's the easiest meteor smash to hit with.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So... you took Brawl+, which is already obsessively competitive, and turned it into Melee 2.0 so it would be even more competitive? I'm sure this is good, but... where's the, you know... fun?

Oh well, Imma wait for Brawl- to come out.

Don't take this as criticism, I just think that all this competitiveness is getting rather out of hand and overshadowing the "game" part of it all.

shanus

Smash Hero
Can L-Cancelling be done without pushing the L or R button all the way down (like Melee)?
Unfortunately soft press detection is not built in to Brawl. Almas expressed interest in it, but its an insanely hard code.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Unfortunately soft press detection is not built in to Brawl. Almas expressed interest in it, but its an insanely hard code.
Ugh, I could imagine. I was also thinking about light shielding but it's not even programmed into Brawl. At best, you might be able to somehow modify the shield to have a larger size in general and try to apply it from there, but I'm not even sure how you could apply it to soft press amounts if the code itself is going to be crazy.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Huge props to Shanus. This is really cool. I like the visual notification on a successful l-cancel. This could be something really really really awesome. Great work I'd love to see this become incredible.

Almas

Smash Lord
Brawl doesn't necessarily read soft L inputs. The Wii is capable of it. That doesn't mean Brawl does it. I believe Paprika is mistaken.

Getting Brawl to have soft L presses requires several things. It would probably be necessary to write into the game's assembly code that it needs to read the digital input from the shoulder presses. However, there is a chance that it's not possible (e.g. because of the IOSes that are used to launch the game).

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Brawl doesn't necessarily read soft L inputs. The Wii is capable of it. That doesn't mean Brawl does it. I believe Paprika is mistaken.

Getting Brawl to have soft L presses requires several things. It would probably be necessary to write into the game's assembly code that it needs to read the digital input from the shoulder presses. However, there is a chance that it's not possible (e.g. because of the IOSes that are used to launch the game).
My memory may be incorrect, but I believe that somewhere there was mention of a code that allowed even soft presses to trigger the shield. This wouldn't allow for light shielding, but it would make the game more responsive to shield inputs. Just thought I'd mention that such a code might be feasible, if you guys are interested in it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A good question for the project: Will forced fall aerials/moves be removed for Melee veteran characters (G&W's Dair, IC's Dair, etc.)?

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
So... you took Brawl+, which is already obsessively competitive, and turned it into Melee 2.0 so it would be even more competitive? I'm sure this is good, but... where's the, you know... fun?

Oh well, Imma wait for Brawl- to come out.

Don't take this as criticism, I just think that all this competitiveness is getting rather out of hand and overshadowing the "game" part of it all.
When did "competitive" and "fun" become mutually exclusive? Do you really think competitive players play games in order to bore themselves to death?

Maximoff

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Melee Peach meet Brawl Peach... The old DSmash without it being as sick as it was in Melee... A good second jump... Float Cancel, maybe? Is any of that possible... And Sheik's Fair should be exactly as it was in Melee :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
When did "competitive" and "fun" become mutually exclusive? Do you really think competitive players play games in order to bore themselves to death?
Ever since Brawl came out and people with no idea what the word meant suddenly started seeing it and labeling it as something horrible because Brawl wasn't it.

Most likely anyways. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom