• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
When 3.5 comes, I'm gonna have 7 proxies open, each with 250 tabs downloading the newest PM

ENJOY YOUR LAG MORTALS!!!!!!!

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
RUMOR: The dev team is late on 3.5 because they're changing the whole game into Project B. Project B will improve the perfection that is Brawl by including the following:
  • Nerfs for everyone including locking all of Ganondorf's moves so anybody who plays him is just forced to stand there, disappointed with their decisions and their life. Meta Knight was deemed too weak so he's been buffed up considerably to compensate for his already fast movement. Peach can only pull up bombs that detonate on her and Ness's up B cannot be used as a recovery anymore. Roy, Mewtwo and the Ice Climbers have been taken out back and shot so they will never return. Stop whining.
  • You trip whenever you try to dash
  • Every stage has a hazard. Yes, even final destination. Master hand and Crazy hand appear to interrupt your battle! And no you cannot turn off stage hazards.
  • Ridley is still not playable

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I AM READY

ARE YOU READY

WE'RE ALL READY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

COME ON 3.5 LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I think there's a difference, though, between hanging the release over our heads and reasserting "it's coming" over and over, not giving us any sort of relevant time frame such that we basically waste a whole day waiting/expecting half the time, or miss out on the early-release hype. I seriously don't understand, even after being through the 1.0, 2.0, 2.6, 2.6b, and 3.0 releases (wasn't there for 2.1-2.5b), why it would hurt to say something like "it'll be a few hours" or "we ran into an issue, so it could be more likely tonight instead of this afternoon", or something. I appreciate what the PMDT does, but I don't think it's reason enough to keep us 99% in the dark--unless there's something I've missed.

I don't know, it's just that around release time I often feel pretty strung along for the sake of "hype intensifying" when it's really not that fair or reasonable to do so, and to essentially waste my day waiting. Yes, I get that this game is free and the PMDT isn't obligated to do any more for us than they already do, but it's just... with as much work as they DO do for us, you'd expect something like giving a reasonable timeframe for release to be done without question... Yet, they don't. It's jarring, disconnecting, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Some people are being just plain impatient and childish, of course, but I think there is something to be said in constructive criticism about the way this stuff is executed...

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
RUMOR: The dev team is late on 3.5 because they're changing the whole game into Project B. Project B will improve the perfection that is Brawl by including the following:
  • Nerfs for everyone including locking all of Ganondorf's moves so anybody who plays him is just forced to stand there, disappointed with their decisions and their life.
This is basically what Bowser is already

Last edited:

KuroJet

Smash Cadet
That means that there are tournaments tomorrow, even some which may be running a 3.5 bracket. You don't want to show up looking like this because you didn't get enough sleep:

> be running a 3.5 bracket
> if it gets released that is

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
Let me just preface this by saying I have the utmost respect for the pm dev team for making and updating this amazing free game year after year.

But Im more angry for this wait than seeing resetti on animal crossing wild world

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You're only wasting time if you feel like you're wasting time.

I've been monitoring this thread and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit.

Then again I've been playing 3.02 with friends this whole time.

My only regret is that it's probably going to come out while I'm at denny's. ;_;

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So, I want to talk about Mewtwo for a minute and something that needs to and HOPEFULLY WAS DONE IN 3.5

He needs to be nerfed.

But not entirely

One thing specifically

His
****ing
Final
Smash

Holy ****.

First off, you cannot escape from it at all under normal circumstances with any of the characters aside from maybe pit/meta knight while being really high in the air.

Second, it pretty much instant kills anyone from zero %. Now Roy's does the same thing but it's also insanely hard to hit with.

JUST WHY IS THIS THING SO OVERPOWERED. It's literally lucario's special with a kaioken x20 boost

Only thing worse than it is still super sonic, and arguably wario man, but at least those take some skill to use.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
So, I want to talk about Mewtwo for a minute and something that needs to and HOPEFULLY WAS DONE IN 3.5

He needs to be nerfed.

But not entirely

One thing specifically

His
****ing
Final
Smash

Holy ****.

First off, you cannot escape from it at all under normal circumstances with any of the characters aside from maybe pit/meta knight while being really high in the air.

Second, it pretty much instant kills anyone from zero %. Now Roy's does the same thing but it's also insanely hard to hit with.

JUST WHY IS THIS THING SO OVERPOWERED. It's literally lucario's special with a kaioken x20 boost

Only thing worse than it is still super sonic, and arguably wario man, but at least those take some skill to use.
But it looks awesome :D
Besides, you only really ue Final Smashes when you are playing around casually or just having fun with 4 players. Its kinda neat to have the whole "Get away from the others so he attacks them instead" thing going on.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
So PMDT, I got of couple of questions before the release.

1. Did you fix the Yoshi crashing on Classic Mode thing?
2. Can you play as Mewtwo and Roy in Subspace, and are Sheik and ZS Samus seperately selectable on the menu?
3. I love you. Can I have your babies?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

WE HAVE AN EMPOWERED RITUAL!
IS THIS OUR GREAT HOPE?

Top Bottom