• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Red Version by WinterKirby (Version 2.0 Released!)

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
Warning Received
It's been a very long time in the making. I've been working on this for quite some time, snagging bits and pieces from other builds, pouring my sweat and blood into this build, and refusing to release it until I finally felt satisfied with it. So finally, I present to you:

Below, you'll find a little information on what I've included in this build. Unless you don't really care what's in it. In that case, the download will be at the end of this post.

The Menu
My pride and joy of this build, as well as the reason I call it "Red Version."

First, we have the strap screen. With an amazing image done by Ishmam on Deviantart, as well as a Japanese Smash Bros logo, it's one of my favorites. Originally, I was going to use Charizard, seeing as he is a Smash Bros fighter, and on the cover of Pokemon Red, but he's orange, and not red, and I couldn't make a good strap screen with him.

This is the title screen. I couldn't figure out how to change the blue area in the bottom, so I opted to ignore it. No one really stays on the title screen very long anyways.

The Main Menu. Isn't it beautiful? Instead of the stars in the background, I've replaced it with lightning and electrical awesomeness. It took me a while to get it into a style I liked. (Too much white made it look terrible.)

And the Character Select Screen. With help from /u/_Accelerator, I was able to make this part fully red, which led me to figure out how to change the colors in the other menus as well. Also featuring SJS CSPs. Honestly, though, I feel this part could stand to be a little bit brighter.

The Characters
I want this build to be as tourney legal as possible, so I went for textures that were still the same character as the one they went over, which means no "Sephiroth over Marth" or stuff like that. For team color textures, I took some out of Project Minty/Maritime/Mars. I didn't touch any of the default costumes, though, except for Marth, ZSS, and Peach. You'll notice that I also didn't use cBliss. I'm replacing textures here. I may use it in a later version, however.

Maritime Bowser
Goes over Blue Bowser.

Mars Bowser
Goes over Red Bowser.

Masked Dedede
Placed this one over the brown one, then switched it with the pink one. Now it's in the second slot.

Minty Dedede
Replaces the Green Dedede

Quickdraw Dedede
Replaces Pink Dedede, which switched places with the brown one. Is now in the last slot.

Maritime Falcon
Replaces the Blue one.

Mars Falcon
Replaces the Red one.

Minty Falcon
Replaces the Red one.

Pikmin Suit Falcon
Replaces the Red one.

Maritime Ganondorf
Replaces the Red one.

Mars Ganondorf
Replaces the Red one.

Minty Ganondorf
Replaces the Red one.

Melee Ganondorf
Placed over whatever was in the last slot (yellow?)

Mars Ike
Replaces the Red one.

El Globo
Because this build isn't going to see Hawlucha. Replaces Crown Puff.

Mars Link
Replaces the Red one.

Fierce Deity Link
Replaces the Red one.

Zora Armor Link
Replaces the Red one.

Awakening Marth
Replaces each slot. Also, no more White Marth.

KingJigglypuff's Mega Charizard X
Placed over Turquoise Charizard.

Corrupt Meta Knight
Replaces the pink one.

Rocket Armor Mewtwo
Replaces the Gold Armor.

Mars Pikachu
Replaces the Red cap.

Minty Pikachu
Replaces the green headband.

Maritime Pikachu
Replaces the goggles Pikachu (sort of...).

Pikablue
Replaces the party hat.

Shadow Pikachu
Replaces the pirate hat.

Dark Pit
Replaces the black one.

Maritime R.O.B.
Replaces the blue one.

Minty R.O.B.
Replaces the not really that green one.

Mars Samus / Red Other M ZSS
Replaces the pink ones.

Minty Samus
Replaces the green one.

Majora Shiek / Tribal Zelda
Replaces the last slot (Black, I think).

Minty Snake
Replaces the green one.

Maritime Snake
Replaces the blue one.

Old Snake
Replaces the last slot. (Leopard? I don't remember)

Knight Sonic
Replaces the black one. Thanks to Mewtwo2000 for showing me how to put him in the last slot.

Other M ZSS
Replaces all of her slots. Pink is replaced with red.

Also Included:
Shun_One's Smash 4 styled blade trails for Marth and Roy
KingJigglypuff's Electrical Mr. L
Japanese Jigglypuff voice
Gameboy Game and Watch SFX
English Marth voice
Japanese Ike voice
Someone else as Sonic (don't remember who.)
Fus-ro-dah for Roy's Flare Blade
Rina-chan as the announcer
Kid Icarus Uprising Pit voice

Hit the balloon in Smashville and see hear what happens!

Stages
Most of the Page 2 stages were replaces, save for Hyrule Castle and Temple. Almost all the new stages are competitively viable save for a few. I kept Temple around because the ledge in the middle of the stage is great for practicing ledge tricks, and Temple was because I got lazy.

Final Destination --> Final Chamber

Battlefield --> Naked Battlefield

Smashville --> Sakuraville

Pokemon Stadium 2 --> Project M Stadium

Skyworld --> Burning Skyworld

Delfino Plaza --> Sei-An City

Peach's Castle --> Bowser's Castle

Pirate Ship --> Clock Tower

Frigate Orpheon --> Frigate Orpheon: Second Transformation

Saffron City --> Spear Pillar: Balanced

Summit --> Summit: Balanced

Flat Zone 2 --> Flat Zone Kitchen

Fourside --> Fourside: Balanced

Shadow Moses Island --> Shadow Moses Island: Balanced

Pictochat --> Wily's Castle

In my opinion, it's a tad too large to be competitively viable.

Jungle Japes --> Castlesky

Onett --> Mewtwo's Stadium

There's a weird bug with the shadows over the ledge.

Rainbow Cruise --> 1337m

Corneria --> Corneria: Balanced

Big Blue --> Falcon Flyer

The lighting is a bit weird, so I generally don't use this stage.

Brinstar --> Molgera's Room

This stage is MASSIVE. Seriously. Even for doubles. Kirby can survive past 250% here. Not competetively viable.

The Music
Every good Project M build needs an amazing music pack, and this one is no exception. Over 150 new songs to match the stages, as well as some great menu music as well!

I honestly don't want to retype it here, so have a spreadsheet

The Download

Now, the part you've all been waiting for: the download link:

Download the 2.0 Homebrew Version (1.28GB)

Download the 2.0 Hackless Version (1.28GB)

I noticed that people seem to like the menu a lot, so I'll put out just that. You can place it over the core PM 3.0, and have an amazing Red Menu. Just let the folders merge, and you're all set!

Download the Menu

============================================

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
When I get home, the first thing I am doing is adding that red menu, it looks great and it doesn't hurt that red is my favorite color.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
What is the base stage for balanced Shadow Moses Island?
I can't get it to work over Pokémon Stadium

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I aleady tried with Final Destination over Pokémon Stadium but it silently freezes as soon as I select it on the SSS :(

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Yeah I got it from someone else too, and when I open the stage with the stage manager I can clearly preview it and it says it goes with a Final Destination .rel
But I tried to make it work over Pokémon Stadium and it freezes.
Thank you anyway

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Don't mind if I borrow some
menu stuff do you? :) Great work my friend, though if you're not a fan of Sephiroth over Marth packs we might not get along haha :p

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
Haha, feel free to use whatever you want.

Your pack is really nice too, but I'm trying to keep this one tourney legal. Although I'm considering making a separate build that isn't tourney legal. Perhaps a Blue Version?

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I use the hackless version which only allows the use of 2GB SD cards. But this pack is 2.49GBs. I don't understand and am forever sad.

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
Because there are two folders inside the .rar, labeled homebrew and hackless, each of which can be placed directly onto an SD card. The actual build itself is only about 1.6GB.

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
I thought I'd make a new strap screen to use, but I ended up making five.

Charizard

Emboar

Flareon

Typhlosion

Yveltal

Last edited:

Black Fonz

Smash Rookie
Your build looks amazing however my download speed is leaning towards the ****ty side of the spectrum. Could you release a smaller version optimized for quick downloads?

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Selecting Bowser's Castle crashes the game. I don't know if this happens across all downloads or if my download was defective.

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
I thought I'd make a new strap screen to use, but I ended up making five.

Charizard

Emboar

Flareon

Typhlosion

Yveltal
I'd go with the Charizard strap since he's playable, but other then that I'd use the Typhlosion one. They're all cool though.

Heads up btw, in your pack Mewtwo, Charizard, Squirtle, and Roy have two of their team colors switched along with their portraits. For Mewtwo, Squirtle, and Roy it's red and green while for Charizard it's blue and green.

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
Can you post a screenshot? I'm not seeing it.
Ah sorry nvm; must'ave been the fact I was using cBliss and stuff additionally as I built off your common5, /menu/common/char_bust_tex, and /info/portrite then added stuff to it.

Also wanna say your red styled menu contrasts well with other logos.

Do you plan on talking about the process of making a custom color scheme?

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
To change the color of a lot of menu stuff, you want to look for the folders called "AnmClr(NW4R)". For example, everything you need to change for the CSS is going to be in common5.pac > sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] > AnmClr(NW4R)

Look around in the subfolders for anything purple and change it. Red is easy because it's at the top/bottom of the slider. You want to slide it to the same point on the slider each time because you'll be changing a gradient, and if you don't do it right, it'll look weird ingame.

xPerplex

Smash Rookie
Would it be possible to change Corneria: Balanced back to the old Corneria or to the old N64 version? Could I do this on my own somehow? My friends and I love playing on Corneria regardless of its balance issues and it's a shame to see it go. The rest of your tweak looks absolutely awesome though. good work!

Last edited:

supersmashman+

Smash Rookie
Wow! l can not believe l wasn't aware of this until now,definitely going to give this a go when l get the chance,looks pretty epic!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Uh, so I started the process of going to the stage builder, and it got to the Project M loader just fine. But then it restarted to regular Brawl. And when I went back to the stage builder, the game claimed that there was nothing in my SD card. Help?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So far I really enjoyed this. I've played hours of it already in the weekend. I like the new images for fighters and the stages. I also really got to tip my hat to the megaman stage. I was thinking it would be a single platform but there are some platforms that we've seen in some smash 4 videos.

supersmashman+

Smash Rookie
l just have to say all that hard work you put into making this possible sure paid off,this is got to be the most fun l ever had playing a project m custom build, l really like this! thanks :)

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
@ WinterKirby WinterKirby , does the "Download the Menu" link give me all the menu screens? (Title Screen, Main Menu, Character Select)

Have you done anything to the Stage Select Screen?

Nevermind.

Last edited:

OrangeStalker

Smash Rookie
How did you set up Balanced Shadow Moses? When I try and put stages over Shadow Moses it either stays the original if meant for it, and if done using a rel either crashes or makes a random mess of invisible walls on a black stage.

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
You have to replace STGMETALGEAR_00, STGMETALGEAR_01, and STGMETALGEAR_02. There's 3 versions of SMI, and you have to replace all of them.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Why did your post get a warning?

EDIT: is there a geko background to go along with this? @ WinterKirby WinterKirby

Last edited:
Top Bottom