• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Alright great, one more thing... do u know if i can get back halberd and delfino plaza to their original state, aka for them to move again. Sorry for the bother but i really like those stages the way they were.
You're going to have to wait for the actually expansion pack to come out. That takes a long time to switch around sorry!

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
You're going to have to wait for the actually expansion pack to come out. That takes a long time to switch around sorry!
Oh well, is not tht big of a deal i guess, All the other stages makeup for those two xD Thnks for uploading the stage expasion pack!!! :D Best of Luck on your work!!!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Are all the extra stages updated with the new and improved 3.0 camera?
At this point I would say no. I keep hearing speak of this camera.
Is it something baked into the .rel files or stage files? Or somewhere else? If it's baked into the stage files then no, since this was a quick port of 2.6 stage expansion. If the camera is apart of the gct then this would have that camera. I am not knowledgable enough to answer your question properly sorry. Hope others could weigh in.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is there going to be a homebrew version available soon?
If you want to use Hackless packs with Homebrew, all you should have to do is remove the ST folder from the ProjectM folder and delete the boot.elf from the root. After that, you should be capable of running it in most homebrew sets except for Riivolution.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
At this point I would say no. I keep hearing speak of this camera.
Is it something baked into the .rel files or stage files? Or somewhere else? If it's baked into the stage files then no, since this was a quick port of 2.6 stage expansion. If the camera is apart of the gct then this would have that camera. I am not knowledgable enough to answer your question properly sorry. Hope others could weigh in.

No sir, its part of the stage's .pac file. The custom stage thread has a few posts about how to switch it out for the new one (really quick and simple)

Icarus Aurelius

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheIcarus1632
3DS FC
5327-0988-2034
So I downloaded the 3.0 Complete one and it didn't have any of the characters or character csps in it, it only had the stages. Did I download the wrong one or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Ahhh...

Error 509, my long-lost enemy...

We meet again...

Excuse me, but could we all just mutually agree to *NOT* drop off our uploads at Dropbox? This annoyance gets rather infuriating quite quickly.

MVP

Smash Ace
the link isnt working :( too much traffic or something. anyone have a mediafire link?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Oh.....

I thought this was 3.0 ready with the camera and all.
Well then!
Ah. Well what I'm going to do then is remove the custom stage expansion from my pack and just have the classic 3.0 stages for now. That way I have the camera and I can wait until the proper expansion is out. Everyone is happy! I'll do that later tonight/tomorrow.

the link isnt working :( too much traffic or something. anyone have a mediafire link?
I'm working on a media fire link! I know dropbox is annoying. I just have never been big enough that so many people downloaded.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
No sir, its part of the stage's .pac file. The custom stage thread has a few posts about how to switch it out for the new one (really quick and simple)
Thanks for the heads up. For now (until I can get a different custom stage pack) I'll just revert the stages in my pack to the 3.0 style. Means more fun with updates later I guess.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Ah. Well what I'm going to do then is remove the custom stage expansion from my pack and just have the classic 3.0 stages for now. That way I have the camera and I can wait until the proper expansion is out. Everyone is happy! I'll do that later tonight/tomorrow.

I'm working on a media fire link! I know dropbox is annoying. I just have never been big enough that so many people downloaded.
awesome! I'll stay up a bit tonight in hopes of being able to DL it and try it out! Thanks!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
awesome! I'll stay up a bit tonight in hopes of being able to DL it and try it out! Thanks!
Okay, so I put the stages and codeset back to original brawl but I didn't test it. I'm uploading the link to mediafire now and it'll be up in an hour but I need you to test it for me and tell me if there are any glitches because I was away from my home computer. Your help is much appreciated!

gooftroop13

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I put the stages and codeset back to original brawl but I didn't test it. I'm uploading the link to mediafire now and it'll be up in an hour but I need you to test it for me and tell me if there are any glitches because I was away from my home computer. Your help is much appreciated!

This is awesome news! Thanks for doing this on a Saturday night!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I'll test it as soon as it's up. The codeset is back to full and the stages are back to default PM 3.0 right? the only changes so far are the CSPs and models imports to the characters, correct?

The mediafire link is still empty, I'll DL and test as soon as it's up.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'll test it as soon as it's up. The codeset is back to full and the stages are back to default PM 3.0 right? the only changes so far are the CSPs and models imports to the characters, correct?

You are correct. CSS, portraits and characters SHOULD be the only changes. I hope I moved the right stuff around in my tiredness haha. Ill test it when Im home as well. Its 80% at this point.

EDIT: Check around 11:30PM PST. Should be up then.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

It's up! Tell me if everything goes smoothly, haven't used mediafire before. Thanks!

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Two questions:

1. Is there a way that I can select which costumes to add into the game? Can I delete the files that I don't want to replace certain costumes?

2. Can this be used with the WiFi safe version?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So it seems to me that the Tails and Sonic Ice Climbers crash the game.

Also, could you add these two?
I'll see what I can do.

Edit: I won't make any changes to zero suit. You can make those if you like. Also I don't know who that guitar playing witch person is so I won't be adding it in either. Thanks for the suggestions!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Also I noticed the game also crashes when selecting the stage when deadpool is selected.
Deadpool hey? Strange he has always worked for me. Guess its something new with 3.0. Is anyone else having issues navigating through brawl vault right now? I can't seem to locate any new costumes through it, it gets stuck on page on of everything.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Two questions:

1. Is there a way that I can select which costumes to add into the game? Can I delete the files that I don't want to replace certain costumes?

2. Can this be used with the WiFi safe version?

Sorry for the triple post. I need to work on replying in one shot.

1) Replace the .pac and .pcs files found in the fighter folder of projectm to replace those costumes. Replacing the graphics is a little different. After battle portraits are found in menu/common/char_bus_tex. Use this link:

Battle Portraits

To help locate character name based on number. Battle portraits are located in info/portrite under the same (but slightly different) numbering convention. CSP's (character selection portraits) are found in the common5 file. Navigate to char_bus_text and use the same idea as the ABP. Sorry if this was confusing.

2) Due to the nature of bone edits and such I highly doubt it unless you painstakingly checked every single costume online. It could work if the other people used the same compilation! (advertising).

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Deadpool hey? Strange he has always worked for me. Guess its something new with 3.0. Is anyone else having issues navigating through brawl vault right now? I can't seem to locate any new costumes through it, it gets stuck on page on of everything.
LEt me know once you fix it, also... is there any way to bring back the Project M Ganondorf Default skin wihtout removing Demise, and adding another skin of Ganondorf's Melee skin, another good alternate might even be the Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess versions. Just a thought.

I'll play around more tonight and offer a few suggestions if thats okay with you.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
LEt me know once you fix it, also... is there any way to bring back the Project M Ganondorf Default skin wihtout removing Demise, and adding another skin of Ganondorf's Melee skin, another good alternate might even be the Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess versions. Just a thought.

I'll play around more tonight and offer a few suggestions if thats okay with you.
I`ll work on that soon. Just finished removing freezes and updating a bunch of character skins/portraits. I will one day be replacing all the default skins with Smash 3 stuff so thats good but for now I'll look into your suggestion. It won't be in the next release though, possibly the one after!

PKSBL2011

Smash Rookie
An image of the character selection screen
Hey man I am currently using your skins that you just released in the SSBB Project M forum under 3.0-3.01 and first of all good job on that!!! The skins are awesome and most of them are working very well. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to do them first of all and secondly I wanted to give you some ideas as far as minor issues I have been experiencing. The first is that there are some character freezes. I had some issues with link skins, peach skins, and using the randomize feature for stages. The general issues I have had is just freezing. Secondly two things I have noticed is that the warturtle skin is actually a mix up and you put the skin for mango squirtle in its place. The other mistake I noticed was Veemon for mario was actually a cho from sonic. Lastly the original Mr.Game & Watch isn't an available option and while the paper mario skins are enjoyable the original player is nice as an option as well. These are extremely minor bugs and I am in no way upset. I am happy to reset my system and load your skins right back up. They are funny, fun, and overall extremely detailed in terms of how well they cover everything up. Some little suggestions I could give to you since you asked for some ideas would be a good functioning lugia skin for charizard, mewtwo alternates (possibly mewtwo x & y mega evoltuion?) . Anything additional would just be awesome bonuses for me. Overall I am a big anime fan so functioning skins for stuff like FMA, DBZ, Attack on Titan, Final Fantasy, pokemon, and everything else you have packed in is what really entertains me on the creative skins. Me and my brothers are currently playing through these skins and will keep you updated on any bugs we find as long as that is the kind of feed back you are looking for. I hope this has helped man and like I said keep up the good work. I know these things take time so by all means I am a patient person and understand this all won't be fixed over night. Good luck and thanks for posting your link to the 3.01. I look forward to updating to 3.02 shortly and am excited to see what you contribute next.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Me and my brothers are currently playing through these skins and will keep you updated on any bugs we find as long as that is the kind of feed back you are looking for.
Of course it is! Thanks for the detailed review. I'll be checking up on those freezing characters (though I should have fixed most of them) and squirtle for sure. I can look into Lugia. I had him at one point but it just didn't look good so I'll take another look. Also since Mewtwo is so new my pack actually contains the only alternates out there to date. I look on a daily basis so v03 might have some more in them. And I think I may revert game and watch back but the way he works its all or nothing. He doesn't have costume changes like the others. Just a "pack" kind of. I'll see about that. Also the stages were probably freezing due to fault characters that were chosen so that should be fixed for the most part. Keep me posted and have fun!

PKSBL2011

Smash Rookie
Of course it is! Thanks for the detailed review. I'll be checking up on those freezing characters (though I should have fixed most of them) and squirtle for sure. I can look into Lugia. I had him at one point but it just didn't look good so I'll take another look. Also since Mewtwo is so new my pack actually contains the only alternates out there to date. I look on a daily basis so v03 might have some more in them. And I think I may revert game and watch back but the way he works its all or nothing. He doesn't have costume changes like the others. Just a "pack" kind of. I'll see about that. Also the stages were probably freezing due to fault characters that were chosen so that should be fixed for the most part. Keep me posted and have fun!

Thanks man I will keep you posted on whatever freezes I get. Like I said for me it is a little hard to distinguish at times just because when my brothers and I play all of us are using the awesome skins so if it freezes I am like **** it is one of these four skins that froze us up lol. The only weird issue I had last night was that in a fight we threw war greymon (samus Alt Costume) and when he went out of bounds a huge streak of yellow covered like 1/3 of the screen and wouldn't go away. It was fixed though by simply manually leaving the match and it has never happened again and we've used that skin multiple times so I think it was just some accidental glitch ( which I have even had with just the normal disk from time to time). All in all great set thank you for updating on the freezes and I will be updating those right after I post this comment. Thanks for the Mewtwo skin I know with his character design forming an alternate costume must be kind of a pain in the ass in order to make it look right and nice. I look forward to future updates and if you had a review bar up there I would be giving you 5 Stars thanks for the dedication and the quick reply man.

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Hey there is another skin that seems to freeze, and what a disappointment to, it's one of my favorite ones. Deadpool for Snake freezes when starting the stage.

PKSBL2011

Smash Rookie
Hey just thought I would keep you updated. All of the skins are working great for me. Almost all of my comments made yesterday were fixed by this morning which was awesome. The only thing that I really wanted to be fixed now is that the warturtle skin is warturtle (which I know you said you would cover shortly). So bottom line thanks a bunch man. I ran through a lot of the skins today where my brothers and I generally do pick all random characters and stages to keep things fair and we didn't have one freeze up today. It was great to have these issues handled so quickly and the new skins you added to the update were great.

PKSBL2011

Smash Rookie
Hey there is another skin that seems to freeze, and what a disappointment to, it's one of my favorite ones. Deadpool for Snake freezes when starting the stage.

You should make sure to update to 3.02 he removed the deadpool skin due to it freezing up. In the update he had to remove a couple skins that didn't work but nearly all of them are still there and whatever was removed was replaced by a functioning skin. I'm sure you will see the deadpool skin return at some point but for now the new update handled all of the freezing for me.

PKSBL2011

Smash Rookie
Does it work on wii u

Yea it does man if you are using it on the wii u it is really easy. All you have to do is download the file, unzip it (right click then select extract all). Open the folder so you have the folders codes, private, project M, background, boot.elf, and gameconfig. Once you have those you need to copy and paste those onto a blank 2.0 GB SD card (sold at walgreens for $10.00). I also go to the official project M website and place put the Gecko OS file they have available for download for the hackless full set on the SD card next to those other six files I placed above. It is very important that those 7 items are the first thing that your system reads and not a folder that has them condensed. After that man all you have to do man is run the game as usual and go to Stage Builder and the SD card/programs does the rest for you. Also make sure that you have deleted any of your custom stages you built/ the three default custom stages the game came with if you dont it either won't load or it will constantly crash. Hope this helps man I am newbie when it comes to this stuff as well but you catch on quick after updating your files and changing a few things around.

Top Bottom