• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

Current to: November 16, 2014 12:54PM PST
Everything is uploaded! Let me know in the comments what you think or if you find any bugs. Errors when trying to download are fixed by disabling Adblock temporarily.

Here's a video demonstration!

Project M 3.5
Custom Menu/Icons/Music/Characters/Stages

Works with:

NTSC Hackles Wii
NTSC Hacked Wii (requires manual installation)
Gecko OS
Dolphin Emulator

This is a compilation I have gathered of the coolest character models and UI updates and placed them over top the awesome Project M 3.5. I did none of the modeling, I only gathered the models. It doesn't freeze (or it shouldn't ;)), and all the CSP and BP's were custom fitted by me. This serves as a great spring board for any new or veteran brawl hacker to put their own characters/stages in. It is not WiFi safe.

Each character has a different model with each of its costume changes. Characters are still balanced to Project M 3.5, but the different textures allow for any player to choose from hundreds of different characters. (Please note that I don't change movesets and all movesets are balanced to the most recent version of Project M 3.5)

Please report any strange behaviour or glitches you find to this forum page! It helps!

Enjoy!

Hackless Wii Installation (WII/WIIU Video Tutorial):

Download the Hackless Wii Zip
Get an SD card.
Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked removing any files that may be located on the card).
Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
Put ALL the files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
Put SD into wii
Start up brawl
***Make sure all custom stages are deleted from console and card***
Go to stage builder
Gecko should activated within a few seconds
If freeze occurs and you can't back out of stage builder pull the power cable and try again (don't worry nothing bad happened)
On gecko screen hit press A without changing options
If wiimote turned off and did not turn back on you are probably using a wii motion plus inside remote. These are known to not work well so use an old wiimote.
Pack should say hype blah blah
Start screen should have Patt Anderson logo
If you cannot select lower half of the pillar CSS characters you did not follow these instructions correctly so add ALL the files in!

Ready to fight!

Note: If your songs glitch mid gameplay, remove all songs from the SD card and then re-add them back. Works for me!

Root of SD should look like this:

Homebrew Installation (PC Tutorial)

Dolphin Installation (MAC/PC Video Tutorial):
- Download the digital sd card
- Download the boot.elf

- Rename sd(WAHTEVER IS IN HERE).raw to sd.raw and place that sd.raw in (for windows)

C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.

- Open dolphin emulator
- Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
- Go into dolphin's config files and then choose the "Wii" tab.
- Check "Insert SD card"
- Download THIS file
- Go to Tools/Install WAD
- Go through process (should be really fast)
- Close the settings and in dolphin's main window, choose "Open".
- Go to the boot.elf you downloaded and hit enter
- Enjoy!

CURRENT PROGRESS FOR -1
Characters
- - - -
Sorted Through All Characters and chose “best ones” only a few were lost!
Removed Smash 3 Link due to freezing (all other smash 3 characters up to date, will update more in the future)
Kept a few new PM Alts
Character list will be up soon
Stages
- - - -
Remove Orpheon for Pokefloats
Remove flat zone 2 for Gunbound
Remove skyloft for Bell Tower
Remove pictochat for Dive To The Hour

UI
- - - -
Changed CSS
Added PMPE Logo
Updated Random Switch
Updated Music Selection screen

Songs
- - - -
Gunbound
R04 Entering Gunbound
Q04 Before Battle
W14 Battle Theme 1

Pokefloats
D04 Vs. Trainer
D08 Bicycle Ride
D07 Vs. Champion
D06 Technomon
D09 Johto Theme
D10 Kanto Theme

Bell Tower
W03 Pokemon Remix
W26 Initial Battle Remix

Dive To The Heart
R02 One winged angel
R10 Savage Frolic
R11 Rage Awakened
R15 Above the Rising Falls [Hollow Bastion] (OC ReMix)
R16 Night of Fate
R17 Enter the Darkness
R13 Guardando Nel Buio
R06 Having A Wild Time
W20 Deep Anxiety

KNOWN GLITCHES
- None
STATUS
- UPLOADING

Still need to add CSPs for PM Alts into IMGUR. Going to double check roster tomorrow, but it's roughly all up to date.
Mario

- - - -
Luigi
- - - -
Peach
- - - -

Bowser
- - - -

Yoshi
- - - -
Wario
- - - -
Donkey Kong
- - - -
Diddy Kong
- - - -
Captain Falcon
- - - -

Olimer
- - - -
Wolf
- - - -
Fox
- - - -
Falco
- - - -

Zero Suit Samus
- - - -
Samus
- - - -
Zelda
- - - -

Sheik
- - - -
Link
- - - -

Toon Link
- - - -
Ganondorf
- - - -
Mewtwo
- - - -
Lucario
- - - -

Pikachu
- - - -
Jigglypuff
- - - -
Squirtle
- - - -
Ivysaur
- - - -

Charizard
- - - -
Pit
- - - -
Marth
- - - -
Ike
- - - -

Roy
- - - -
Lucas
- - - -
Ness
- - - -
Ice Climbers
- - - -
Meta knight
- - - -
King DeDeDe
- - - -
Kirby
- - - -
ROB
- - - -

Mr. Game and Watch
- - - -
Snake
- - - -
Sonic

SSS PAGE 1
SSS PAGE 2

Gunbound
R04 Entering Gunbound
Q04 Before Battle
W14 Battle Theme 1

Pokefloats
D04 Vs. Trainer
D08 Bicycle Ride
D07 Vs. Champion
D06 Technomon
D09 Johto Theme
D10 Kanto Theme

Bell Tower
W03 Pokemon Remix
W26 Initial Battle Remix

Dive To The Heart
R02 One winged angel
R10 Savage Frolic
R11 Rage Awakened
R15 Above the Rising Falls [Hollow Bastion] (OC ReMix)
R16 Night of Fate
R17 Enter the Darkness
R13 Guardando Nel Buio
R06 Having A Wild Time
W20 Deep Anxiety

Menu
W30: 8 Bit Melee Theme
X01: 8 Bit Smash 4 Theme
X02: PM 3.5 Theme
X03: Smash 4 Theme

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Back then.. It seemed right... It seemed like a good idea to do a triple post.. Oh how the times have changed.

Last edited:

PM666

Smash Cadet
Freezes after the stage has been selected. Also im playing on a wii, using Gecko os

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Freezes after the stage has been selected. Also im playing on a wii, using Gecko os
Are you by any chance playing with Shadow over Sonic? Also please list the characters and stage that where selected just before the crash. This is totally fixable, just need to know what to fix :) I have updated the files so Shadow works, redownload and retest. Thanks!

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
could you post a version with the added and expanded stages only? and if u havent added the not player tags code to the GCT...u really should =)

MVP

Smash Ace
damn bro this is cool

Question: does this work with hackless wii?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
damn bro this is cool

Question: does this work with hackless wii?
Yes sir! All you do is put the files on an 2GB non SDHC SD card, insert it into wii, start up Brawl, and go to stage builder. The code should run from there. There is a read me in the file that goes into greater detail :)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
could you post a version with the added and expanded stages only? and if u havent added the not player tags code to the GCT...u really should =)
What's the no player tags code? Ah just looked it up. That looks really sleek! Removing code is a little dicey for me especially seeing how finicky P:M can be with its code. So unless someone finds a way to add it to my compilation, its a huge pain finding a model P:M with that code injected into it and then adding all my characters, songs, stages, and UI back in haha. If you know an easy way to do it please share :)

And for the non character edited version here is the original Project M: Stage Extension forum I based it off of.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Not really interested in a hack pack but I like the idea of artwork based CSS tiles.

You should use the edit button instead of double posting.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
awesome thanks. The player tags in this game are huge, hideous, and a hinderance in my opinion. Random stage select works in your pack right?
Yes sir! Give it a download, there are dolphin and hackless Wii versions available with a readme in the download on dropbox. I always appreciate testers and players finding glitches and giving me new ideas :)

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
ya, all the stages on the top section of your stage expansion, did they have the melee style camera added in their .pac files?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
ya, all the stages on the top section of your stage expansion, did they have the melee style camera added in their .pac files?
To answer you're question, I don't know. The stage expansion pack that I used as a base (in the link above) was all I used to get those stages into my compilation. Whether or not they have the melee style camera added is something I could not tell you sorry.

http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.3m/index.html

This is a list of all the stages that came with the pack, any other stage you see was added by me. Sorry Im not able to help :(

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I'm slightly confused. When you said that the "number of characters increases 10 fold and then some", are you saying that there are characters with new move sets? Or just new textures? Either way, this looks pretty awesome. I'll give it a try soon.

MVP

Smash Ace
this is perhaps the coolest/ greatest PM custom hack package yet to come to smashboards. Truly props bro this is amazing :shades:

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Hey man great work this is really fun to play. Too bad you couldn't include movesets for characters like naruto and goku but still really great. Hey I was wondering how you were able to load the stages so quickly in dolphin. On my virtual sd the stages take ages to load but when I play yours they load in a wink. Please share your wisdom my friend :D

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm slightly confused. When you said that the "number of characters increases 10 fold and then some", are you saying that there are characters with new move sets? Or just new textures? Either way, this looks pretty awesome. I'll give it a try soon.
Sorry for the confusion, yes it is just textures that are being replaced. This is because I wanted to keep the balancing of Project M. :)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey man great work this is really fun to play. Too bad you couldn't include movesets for characters like naruto and goku but still really great. Hey I was wondering how you were able to load the stages so quickly in dolphin. On my virtual sd the stages take ages to load but when I play yours they load in a wink. Please share your wisdom my friend :D
Yah the only reason I didn't change up the characters (I have used Goku and Naruto doesnt work too well with Project M, is again, because of the desire to make this an amped version of project m. I wanted to keep the balancing the same. I won't be adding those character movesets in but you could! Its not hard to do :) As for the fast loading stages all credit for that goes to the makers of Project M. It has just always worked fast for me when I added to their code.

Haydn

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new here, and new to the Brawl modding scene in general. I downloaded the homebrew channel a long time ago, when the twilight hack worked on what was back then, the latest wii update, now, a few years down the line, I used the SmashStack exploit to install the homebrew channel again.

I downloaded this compilation pack, as I thought it might be the easiest way to test whether I was running applications with exploit codes correctly or not.

Put simply, I followed the readme's instruction for the physical wii component EXACTLY as described, I'm not sure if I need to do anything else like start Brawl through Riivolution or Gecko OS or however it's supposed to be done, but I went to the stage builder with no maps created and unlike last time, when I installed the homebrew channel, no code was executed and nothing unusual happened when I entered the stagebuilder menu. It's worth mentioning that I have the PAL version of Brawl.

I'm willing to find out how to do this thing properly myself, but, for once, it would be really nice if someone answered my personal question in the thread as opposed to re-directing me to something else I already have bookmarked. Is it because I have the PAL version? Is it because the instructions don't detail every step I should have taken with the homebrew channel already installed, or am I just missing something plainly obvious here? I appreciate the answers, and I'm probably going to do a Youtube video of the compilation mod anyway.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
It's worth mentioning that I have the PAL version of Brawl.

Is it because I have the PAL version?.
This is your issue. Sadly, Project M has no PAL version at this moment. If you really want to play P:M your best option would be to use Dolphin emulator with a NTSC ISO.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
After using this pack, I have to say that it's amazing. I have been working on my own custom pack for a while because I couldn't find any that were just how I wanted it, but this is even better. Great work!

Haydn

Smash Rookie
This is your issue. Sadly, Project M has no PAL version at this moment. If you really want to play P:M your best option would be to use Dolphin emulator with a NTSC ISO.
Oh dang, thanks for the swift answer.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Can't a hacked PAL Wii use "region free" settings to play or USB load an NTSC copy? Dolphin emulation isn't super accurate and requires pretty hefty processing power, doesn't it?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Can't a hacked PAL Wii use "region free" settings to play or USB load an NTSC copy? Dolphin emulation isn't super accurate and requires pretty hefty processing power, doesn't it?
I have a nvidia 630m graphics card with my asus n75. It handles brawl fine but I know I had issues with dolphin in the past. I usually use dolphin to test but playing on wii gives a much smoother experience for sure.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That's true, he could use that method as well. I forgot that not everyone has the specs to use Dolphin. I also rarely use a Wii since mine bricked years ago so I've grown comfortable with Dolphin, guess that's why I recommend it so much.

Top Bottom