• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M New Art Tuesday: Armored Ike, Dark Metaknight Revealed

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
The Project M Back Room has revealed a new costume for Ike, putting him in Fire Emblem full body armor. Starting last week, the PMBR began a campaign to reveal a new costume each Tuesday, simply calling the event New Art Tuesday. Last Tuesday, a new Metaknight costume was revealed, sporting tattered wings and a battle wound across his eye.

This Tuesday was Ike's time to shine. Sporting a new set of armor inspired by armor throughout the Fire Emblem universe, Ike looks as intimidating as ever, and ready to charge head-on into battle.

What do you think of Ike's new costume? Who do you think will get the alternate treatment next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wants that axe. PMBR, you know what I mean. Please. I'll give you my Halloween candy. Discuss the terms of a new axe for Ike with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
inb4 people come here and complain that they thought this was a smash 4 announcement and accuse people for misleading them.

Renegade55

Smash Rookie
Ike's head looks awkwardly disproportioned...the dark mk is pretty hype though!

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Nice homage to Hector's original artwork pose with Ike's first screenshot.

Can't say I like Marth's though... the outfit seems too... fluffy.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Ike's head looks awkwardly disproportioned...the dark mk is pretty hype though!
I agree, I also think it's a little to far to the right and his chin should be in front of the breastplate and not behind like the actual in-game model.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Masked Dedede please.

I wonder if there are going to be people who will complain about all of this not being in Smash 4.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
i got all excited cause i saw Metaknight thinking he was confirmed for Smash 4. but its just Project M
I thought the exact same thing :crying:

If everyone is getting 2 costumes, then Phantom Ganon Still has a chance :D!!

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Ike's head looks huge.

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
People. Project M. First thing in the title.

Come on now.
B-but a picture is worth a thousand words!

Costumes = good. Love the particle effects for the new MK costume.

(P.S., why get hyped for an MK reveal? Neutral-b spammers are coming. Brace yourselves)

Defile

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? Two alternate costumes for Meta Knight?

C'mon, PMBR. One alternate costume for each character is enough, especially when most characters don't even have one yet.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The Project M Back Room has revealed a new costume for Ike, putting him in Fire Emblem full body armor. Starting last week, the PMBR began a campaign to reveal a new costume each Tuesday, simply calling the event New Art Tuesday. Last Tuesday, a new Metaknight costume was revealed, sporting tattered wings and a battle wound across his eye.

This Tuesday was Ike's time to shine. Sporting a new set of armor inspired by armor throughout the fire emblem universe, Ike looks as intimidating as ever ready to charge head-on into battle.

What do you think of Ike's new costume? Who do you think will get the alternate treatment next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wants that axe. PMBR, you know what I mean. Please. I'll give you my Halloween candy. Discuss the terms of a new axe for Ike with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
wow that scared me i thought that was smash bros 4

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
the **** happened to delfino?

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
I just saw "Meta Knight revealed" and thought MK was coming back for Sm4sh :p

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Wait a minute - does this mean Roy could possibly get an Eliwood alt costume????? HYYYPE!!
That'd be hype; although unlikely I still want an Ares costume for Ike (if not familiar, the Fire Emblem Wikipedia is pretty useful imo)

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Cool that there will be a lot of new textures, but kind of weird that they decided to do another Meta Knight one before first giving alternates to characters like King Dedede who don't have one already. To be fair though, I suppose a majority of the roster does already have an alternate costume at this point.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
..I can't be the only one who thought this was the Pic of the Day at first glance.. ._.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
It would be cool to see Galacta Knight as an alt costume for MK.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Hector outfit contains much yes.

How about an alternate Zelda outfit? Like the cloak she wore in Twilight Princess. In white and black or maybe a different color to match all of her outfits. Sheik could just get a Phantom of the Opera getup and we can call it a day.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ragnell's a different colour...
Otherwise, the PMBR didn't do to bad when trying to recreate Hector as Ike...

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
I think the Ike costume is interesting, and I think Marth's is fitting. So far out of all the alts the only one I don't like is the Meta Knight one, and I already have that same costume (made by someone else) on my Meta Knight already. Now if they had done the Galatic knight version of Meta Knight that would have been even better and a would stand out a lot more.

Hector outfit contains much yes.

How about an alternate Zelda outfit? Like the cloak she wore in Twilight Princess. In white and black or maybe a different color to match all of her outfits. Sheik could just get a Phantom of the Opera getup and we can call it a day.
I think if they do Zelda they will probably do Oot sine they already did Link and Ganondorf in that style. I'd personally love a Skyward Sword Zelda alt though.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I came so hyped : "WHAAAAT MK in Smash 4 now ?Today ?" and found this P:M costumes...

Nice P:M costumes... ("Marth is even more Marth-ish")
But they are not my MK in smash 4 x_x

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
WTF PM, why didn't you ****ing ask Ike fans what did they want as costume? we are the ****ing people who play as him, this costume is Anti-Ike persona, I know you worked your asses off but you should've asked before you did so, I'm dissapointed, Ike should one shoulder pad it's part of his persona, and Ike doesn't wear heavy Armor, he only covers the important areas. I was so hyped for Ike costume, and you had to pull that out of your asses, all of us just wanted Ike's Lord costume, which shouldn't have been hard to make.

Top Bottom