• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M freezes no matter what stage/character

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Okay, so I've been using Project M, for maybe a month, if not a little less. And, so I've recently started using it and one day at my college, it froze no matter what stage we were on, and no matter what character we used. PM would always easily load, but after that it refuses to play when I select a stage in V.S.
Specifications: I'm running my original copy of Brawl from the Disk, and aside from the SD card, nothing is modified. Unless you count the skin I have on it...just stickers, didn't want to void the warranty. When I downloaded PM, I chose the recommended version for non-hacked Wiis (don't remember exactly which version, other than 2.5). And it ran smoothly ever since I put it on, maybe being played three to four times a week, at the most. Just to note, the system can easily play any game even with the SD card, obviously except for Brawl, but without the SD card Brawl runs amazing.
Also, I tried re-downloading PM [I believe it only downloaded 2.5v for some reason instead of 2.5b] and still same result, a few days ago.

So...help please? Also, sorry for the bit of a rant.

Cydios

Smash Rookie
Instructions for fixing this problem:

Step one: First, make sure that your SD card isn't locked (little white blip on the left side) as that can give you problems.
Step two: Delete Project M from your SD card, and format the SD card. (right click on it in "my computer" assuming you're using windows, select format, let it do it's thing.)
Step three: Reinstall Project M onto the fresh and clean SD card.

This is what I did when I had the same problem, worked like a charm.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Instructions for fixing this problem:

Step one: First, make sure that your SD card isn't locked (little white blip on the left side) as that can give you problems.
Step two: Delete Project M from your SD card, and format the SD card. (right click on it in "my computer" assuming you're using windows, select format, let it do it's thing.)
Step three: Reinstall Project M onto the fresh and clean SD card.

This is what I did when I had the same problem, worked like a charm.
Let me try that, last time I tried deleting anything on the card, it told me it was protected, and just wouldn't let me modify it in any way.

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
Let me try that, last time I tried deleting anything on the card, it told me it was protected, and just wouldn't let me modify it in any way.
When it does that, just turn on your Wii normally, without the SD Card. One you see all the channels and everything, pop it in. Then take it out. I have no idea why it locks or why that unlocks it but it does the trick.

Top Bottom