• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday - Fusion Suit Samus

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
In this week's edition of Project M Art Tuesday, the PMDT decided to give our favorite female bounty hunter a new twist from a classic game. When Samus was watching over Biologic's research team on the surface of Planet SR388, she was infected by a parasitic organism known as "X". The parasite X multiplied within Samus, invading her central nervous system and corrupting large parts of her Power Suit. Parts of her Power Suit fused with her body and had to be surgically removed, and Samus had a very low chance of survival, until the doctors used an anti-X vaccine made from a Metroid cell culture. This destroyed the parasites within Samus, but left her appearance dramatically altered.

Without further ado, the PMDT would like to introduce Fusion Suit Samus!

It's a fusion of gorgeous and scary!

Fusion Suit Samus showing off the guns.

"X"pect pain!
Paying homage to the 2002 Game Boy Advance classic, Metroid Fusion, the PMDT gave Samus the slimmed down Fusion Suit, which is where the inspiration for the current blue Samus costume comes from. In the Project M Art Tuesday Facebook post, the PMDT also hinted at creating a new blue team color to replace the current blue Samus costume since they're so similar as is. How excited are you for this new Samus alt? Who do you think deserves the next alt for Project M v3.5? Tune in for next week's edition of Project M Art Tuesday!

Here's more pictures of the Fusion Suit Samus alt!

Here's a picture of the original design from Metroid Fusion!

KhanYe is speechless since Metroid Fusion is one of his favorite games of all time. Follow him on Twitter @rbdayman to discuss Smash Bros. and Cinnabon.

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
When Samus was watching over Biologic's research team on the surface of Planet SR388, she was infected by a parasitic organism known as "X". The parasite X multiplied within Samus, invading her central nervous system and corrupted large parts of her Power Suit. Parts of her Power Suit fused with her body and had to be surgically removed, and Samus had a very low chance of survival, until the doctors used an anti-X vaccine made from a Metroid cell culture. This destroyed the parasites within Samus, but left her appearance dramatically altered.
I take great pleasure in being to understand all of that.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
At first, I wasn't able to tell the render apart from the official art. That's how good this is.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So beautiful.
I wish Smash 4 had alts like this.

The only others I could possibly ask for are Dark Bowser (BiS is too underrated), and DKC Cartoon "Expand Dong" Donkey Kong.

Seriously, if Project M adds in "Expand Dong" I will join the minority who thinks Project M is better than every Smash game.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
The Light Suit is still the preferred costume for me, but this is pretty cool.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
...Soooo when can we expect the next update to Project M? Just askin' because I am digging all of the work the backroom and designers are pouring into the mod and I'm anticipating being able to play it again with renewed hype. Kudos to y'all!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This is pretty cool. This was my 3rd favorite Metroid game and I'm happy that this skin will be available in the next update.

Shog

Smash Ace
Oh god, not the Metroid 4 Varia Suit, please no god no oh god.

I like the Fusion suit though, that blue yellow contrast, yummy.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Man that arm canon is super bulky here, getting hit in the head with it would probably shatter your skull.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Project M excites me more than Smash 4 XD. A hack game somehow has more alt costumes added in a single update than an actual game with huge funding, top notch developers, and over 2 years to make it.

PM just gets prettier and prettier.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Project M is literally the greatest thing ever.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
OMG YESSSSSS
Fusion is my favorite Metroid game. She should have always had a separate model for that recolor!

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Looks amazing, I still can't beleive this isn't in an official Smash game yet. Its just unfortunate that its my least favorite suit if for no other reason than because it and the game's story itself kinda put the Metroid lore in a weird place overall from that point.

Still cool though.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
It's alright.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Nintendo should just hire the PM devs and add all this stuff as DLC for Smash 4.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
guys we live in a world where we have a new smash game coming out that looks to be one of the best and we have project m, the ultimate fan made smash experience that is like melee with awesome fan service like this. it is a great time to be a smash brother

Spire

III
BRoomer
I support the new Blue Samus, as the very thought of the coinciding costumes came to mind immediately. Samus could use a nice, deep-sea blue suit.

Suggestions for new costumes:
  • Fierce Deity based on the existing OoT Link (Smash 4 has TP FD, PM would have a true MM FD).
  • Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess; he is the Hero of Time from OoT, but appears in TP. Given Link's current costumes repping both games, it's very fitting. If necessary, it could replace gold Link as that may-have-slightly-been-the-inspiration for the palette swap.
  • Proper Blood Falcon costume with the upturned collar, skull headpiece, and spiked pauldron.
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Funky Kong Fashion for DK.
  • Dr. Luigi (single costume would be fine)
  • Tanooki Mario & Luigi
  • Hammer Bros. Ice Climber costumes; Nana and Popo could wear shells & helmets!
  • Waluigi Wario; Classic Wario with long sleeve purple shirt, dark denim, and the upturned L on his hat.
  • Hylia Reborn, Zelda's Goddess attire from Skyward Sword, paired with...
  • Sage of Shadow, Impa's Skyward Sword clothing for Sheik.
  • Marcus McCloud and...
  • James McCloud for Fox (father, son, and grandson).
  • General Pepper's Uniform for Fox.
  • Leon's Pilot Suit for Falco.
  • Pikablu, a Marill-inspired skin for Pikachu (blue/white/red palette).
  • And... Wind Waker Ganondorf.

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
This alt is straight gorgeous, love the render, the next alt I would like to see is an alt for one of the Mother characters (Ninten clothing for Ness, maybe?)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm actually really disappointed. Not in this, THIS is GODLIKE, but disappointed that smash 4 does not have the same, or at least similar alts for every character.
Some characters like Bowser Jr. have (IIRC) 8 alts, while sonic just gets different shades of blue with different colored rings on his wrists. Wow. This is why i love P:M and what the do devs for P:M. THEY LISTEN TO THINGS THAT PEOPLE WANT! :surprised:

Of course this does not mean i am not excited for smash 4, heck i'm SUPER excited for smash 4, I just think this is just one aspect where Sakurai got REKT by the smash community :troll:

Keep up the good work guys, can't wait for the next update! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom