• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday - Bear Climbers!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
In this week's Project M Art Tuesday, the PMDT revealed a new ferociously cute alternate costume for the Ice Climbers. This time, Nana and Popo do their best polar bear impression. Without further ado, it's my pleasure to introduce the Bear Climbers!

So cute, I can't bear to look!

Ice cold.

Nana looks so cheerful in her new faux.

This design possibly drew inspiration from the Polar Bear enemy in the Ice Climber video game, and it's another beautiful addition to this packed new version of Project M. How excited are you guys? Who else do you think deserves an alt?

Here's the link to more pictures of the Bear Climbers!

KhanYe is officially on Netplay with an N64 controller. Follow me on Twitter @rbdayman for a good time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is adorable, i do not use them much but my brother does. He woud flip over this! I want this now though! Can't wait for the update!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Too bad they aren't in SSB4. I still love this alt though.
'First, regarding the roster, Sakurai mentioned that even though many characters are included, there are some who worry about those who didn’t make the cut. He specifically addresses the absence of the Ice Climbers as well. It seems they were running in the Wii U version, but due to the required hardware power, the team couldn’t make them work in the 3DS game. There wasn’t as high a priority given to series that are unlikely to have another installment at this time.'

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I have to click away because I'm just going to keep d'awwwwwwing.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
This cures all the heartbreak of ICies being cut, and then some. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

D

Deleted member

0/10 not a cat.
I love bears. Now they're playable in PM!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So many mixed emotions, considering they're cut from Smash 4. :laugh:

Though, as a nitpick (haha, Ice Climber enemy pun), the game itself is called Ice Climber, not Ice Climbers. It's kinda like a Jabberwock/Jabberwocky scenario.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
RIP in peace Ice Climbers.

*sniff.

At least they have a second chance at life as Polar Bears.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So do they hunt bears now? Or are do have they gone training in the Russian mountains with Zangief? You see that's why they aren't in Smash 4 they left to train, by the time Smash 5 comes out they'll be adults, Popo is gonna be buff and Nana is going to mean business.

Last edited:

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
It make me happy to see Ice Climbers in their alternate outfits for Project M, but it made me sad that Ice Climbers got cut from Smash 4...

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I wish I was good with Icies, this costume looks godlike and would def use it if they were one of my mains.

Oh well, still amazing stuff.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Wow, what a quinky-dink! I was just talking about how Ice Climbers should be the next retro joke character for Smash 5, and then this came along! :joyful:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
At least they tried to include the climbers. Stupid 3ds...
I bet the new 3DS would probably have enough power to include them. They could make the Ice Climbers a new 3DS exclusive, which is something already happening in general. Like Xenoblade Chronicles.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I bet the new 3DS would probably have enough power to include them. They could make the Ice Climbers a new 3DS exclusive, which is something already happening in general. Like Xenoblade Chronicles.
Right. I doubt it will happen though. Here's to hoping for Sma5h.

Edit: Who knows, maybe the Project M team will be able to hack the Wii U version and make them available for their Sm4sh mod.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So THAT'S what they've been doing with all of those polar bears... And I thought hammering those seals was bad...

Top Bottom