• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Alastor (Full Mod + PSA Over Ganon)

WHUT BALANCED?

• God-Tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High-Tier

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Mid-Tier

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Low-Tier

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208765
(Will need to replace Ganon, I recommend using BrawlEx.)

A original character that is currently my personal Rom Hacking/Modding mascot, Alastor. since I have yet to fulfill my dream to directing and producing a entirely new fighting game franchise. Alastor has no backstory, thus making this his "somewhat" first debut as a complete and serious Brawl and Unofficial Project M Mod. (Also can work best for BrawlEx) The scythe from DMC3 is one of my very first imports. The purpose of this mod is to test my skills of building a new moveset (or should I say Newcomer) from the ground up, besides the sheer amount of enjoyment and that Smash never has a grim reaper style fighter. (Scythe)

:GCA: Basic Attacks:
Njab - Quick 3 hit combo just by holding the button. 10% - 7% (if whiffed)
Ftilt - Slightly slow knockback based attack. 10%
Dtilt - Weak poke, small pushback if further away. can combo with Utilt or FSmash at higher percentages. 6% - 7%
Utilt - Strong launch attack. 12% - 9%
Dashjab - Quick poke, has mild knockback. 5% - 7%

USmash - Slowest but kill-based smash. 19%
FSmash - Somewhat slow but large hitbox forward smash. 17%
DSmash - Quick 2 Hit smash, not meant for killing with mildly high percentages. 15%

Nair - Slightly slow but quick 2 Hit swing combo with pretty large hitbox from the top. 14% - 13%
Fair - Slow but with decent knockback, can mildly spike at higher percentages after 18 frames. 12% - 9%
Bair - Small hitbox but with mildly strong knockback. 12%
Uair - Best to be used from the side/behind, Can spike after 2 or 4 frames. 11% - 6%
Dair - The alternative to Fair except much faster. 13% - 7%

:GCZ: Grabs:
Forward - Similar to Shiek's Fgrab, can mixup to Fair or Uair spikes at mid percentages. 9%
Back - Simliar to Snake's Bgrab, except from the other side. 10%
Up - Good for air mixups at lower percentages. 11%
Down - Combo starter for either Utilt or Nair. 7%

:GCB:Specials:
NSpecial - Charge for more powerful specials, excluding parrying and UpSpecial (Ground). May kill at slightly higher percentages if Charged, best to be used wisely midair. 27% - 21% (if turned while charging)

DownSpecial - Knockback based Parry, still received damaged. 12%

UpSpecial - Small 6-Hit hop that's mostly **** for recovery in midair, unless Charged from NeutralSpecial, can be a kill move. decent for edgehogging and spiking either way. 14% - 21% (Charged)

SideSpecial - Similar dash grab to Falcon & Ganon, but without knockback, can't mostly be combo'd with AAA and it's rather safe to dash away after the attack, may be good for mindgames. Can also be Charged for a possible kill. 8% - 20% (Charged)

Demonstration (vBrawl based):

Need more mods? then please check out my Other Thread.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
This looks great! I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can. From the video, the animations and model look very well done, and it looks a lot better than most character mods that are around. I like Alastor's design too, it's original and looks really cool! Also, I've played Metal Sonic Hyperdrive before (I love it!), and I had to do a double take at your signature XD. Anyway, really nice work!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Have any idea on what Alastor's emblem could be? I have... plans for him.

Ikiimoni

Smash Rookie
Yo, this looks like a sick custom character. Love the design. You must have put a lot of work into making this. I don't know enough about Project M to determine if he's a powerful character or not, but he seems neat.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys, especially the more polished emblem and text. I forgot to mention about the Victory theme, This is the most suitable.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Just tried this mod out! Higher quality overall, and I love the concepts. Definitely gonna include this guy in my personal build.

Other thoughts at first glance:
- Really like how his specials can be buffed by neutral-B; reminds me of Smash 4 Cloud's Limit Break. However, the charging time seems a little short for the power it grants. Perhaps compensate by increasing charging time similar to Lucas (or less)? If the parry can be buffed by the charge as well, the increased charging time wouldn't seem so bad.

- Solid animations for the most part! For the cherry on top, I would like to point out the rather (somewhat) awkward grabbing and entrance animations, especially when fighting Ganondorf.

- Seems like a strong ground fighter, but countered by his below average aerial game. I like it.

- Unique weapon and counter. Yes.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Man this mod is cool! I'd love to use some skins over him since he's an original character too. I wonder who would fit over him... Hmmmm...

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Man this mod is cool! I'd love to use some skins over him since he's an original character too. I wonder who would fit over him... Hmmmm...
He is based on Ganondorf, so maybe Manchu/Pikadorf? Might have to do some re-rigging, but...worth?

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Damn, right after I've finished the minor update and on to release my next PSA in a hour, I somehow stumble across this thread since it's been a month. I have made a minor buff update. (not a V2.0 yet, I'll consider making a much better model than a vertex some other time, most likely when I get a new desktop PC for beta testing my PSAs instead of switching the console on 50+ times a week, it's irritating.)

FTilt speeds up.

Fair and Dair's properties has been switched respectfully, Fair does 9%, meant for poking, similar to Marth, while
Dair is slow and does 15%, but doesn't spike, both can be powerhouses if L-Cancelled correctly.

UpSpecial recovery has been buffed accordingly, with slightly less fallspeed.

Rest of the moves have a slight knockback and/or damage increase such as Forward and Up Smashes.

Let me know if this is a step-forward or a step-back to it's original playstyle, either way I've planned to make v2.0 more like a revamp than a update, including more unique animations and moves. AND A BETTER MODEL.

One more thing, for the nonBrawlEX'ers:
Alastor has no franchise, yet? (Smash icon) [ds22]
* 0445580C 13000000

Ganondorf to Alaster System Name Change v2 [ASF1nk]
* 044565B0 817CEAC8
* 077CEAC8 00000018
* 416c6173 746f7200
* 00000000 00000000
* 00000000 00000000

Sauron? Hahaa.

Just a question, Does this mod have Project m physics? Ex Wavedash and Dash-Dance, Speed and Weight?
Sorta, he has most of PM Ganon's fall speeds.

Just tried this mod out! Higher quality overall, and I love the concepts. Definitely gonna include this guy in my personal build.

Other thoughts at first glance:
- Really like how his specials can be buffed by neutral-B; reminds me of Smash 4 Cloud's Limit Break. However, the charging time seems a little short for the power it grants. Perhaps compensate by increasing charging time similar to Lucas (or less)? If the parry can be buffed by the charge as well, the increased charging time wouldn't seem so bad.

- Solid animations for the most part! For the cherry on top, I would like to point out the rather (somewhat) awkward grabbing and entrance animations, especially when fighting Ganondorf.

- Seems like a strong ground fighter, but countered by his below average aerial game. I like it.

- Unique weapon and counter. Yes.
I appreciate the thoughtful review, I should've take the specials into a little more consideration next time. deciding the charge time was difficult.

He is based on Ganondorf, so maybe Manchu/Pikadorf? Might have to do some re-rigging, but...worth?
Not entirely but I can see where you're coming from with the similar palette choice compared Ganon, Maybe I should've use the grey&black (LOLGOTH). Because I lack resources to produce a new 3D fighting game, I have no real reason to be making this PSA other than Just For Fun out of the blue. (would that be a valid excuse? Heh)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Damn, right after I've finished the minor update and on to release my next PSA in a hour, I somehow stumble across this thread since it's been a month. I have made a minor buff update. (not a V2.0 yet, I'll consider making a much better model than a vertex some other time, most likely when I get a new desktop PC for beta testing my PSAs instead of switching the console on 50+ times a week, it's irritating.)

FTilt speeds up.

Fair and Dair's properties has been switched respectfully, Fair does 9%, meant for poking, similar to Marth, while
Dair is slow and does 15%, but doesn't spike, both can be powerhouses if L-Cancelled correctly.

UpSpecial recovery has been buffed accordingly, with slightly less fallspeed.

Rest of the moves have a slight knockback and/or damage increase such as Forward and Up Smashes.

Let me know if this is a step-forward or a step-back to it's original playstyle, either way I've planned to make v2.0 more like a revamp than a update, including more unique animations and moves. AND A BETTER MODEL.

One more thing, for the nonBrawlEX'ers:
Alastor has no franchise, yet? (Smash icon) [ds22]
* 0445580C 13000000

Ganondorf to Alaster System Name Change v2 [ASF1nk]
* 044565B0 817CEAC8
* 077CEAC8 00000018
* 416c6173 746f7200
* 00000000 00000000
* 00000000 00000000

Sauron? Hahaa.

Sorta, he has most of PM Ganon's fall speeds.

I appreciate the thoughtful review, I should've take the specials into a little more consideration next time. deciding the charge time was difficult.

Not entirely but I can see where you're coming from with the similar palette choice compared Ganon, Maybe I should've use the grey&black (LOLGOTH). Because I lack resources to produce a new 3D fighting game, I have no real reason to be making this PSA other than Just For Fun out of the blue. (would that be a valid excuse? Heh)
I actually ended up using Death from Darksiders 2 and he fits really well haha!

Also did you realize that Alastor has a glitch where his foot fully clips through his leg during his back air? Can this be fixed? Excellent work on Metal Sonic by the way!

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Also did you realize that Alastor has a glitch where his foot fully clips through his leg during his back air? Can this be fixed? Excellent work on Metal Sonic by the way!
Now fixed. (at dropbox/direct download url)

Top Bottom