• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6b ready Smash 3/3C build

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
UPDATE2: Made some changes to Lucas, ROB, and Peach. They should be fixed now. Also updated the download link. Make sure to redownload.

UPDATE: I fixed a few things with the build so make sure to re download if you can. Big thanks to @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie for telling me the errors!

Hi everyone. Now that Project M 3.6b is out, I decided to share a build that's 3.6b ready and has Smash 3 and Smash 3C costumes. It's just the necessary files you'll need; not the whole 3.6b build. It's a simple click and drag to the SD card. This is intended to go over a fresh unedited build over a SD card. Download link can be found here.https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7vk3e3g3keuxix/Project M 3.6b Ready Smash 3 Build.zip?dl=0 Here's a list of credits.
Credit to the Smash 3C for Ocarina of Time Link, Brawl Samus, Melee Fox, Mr. L and Mr. L recolors, PJ Ness and Yes Man Junior Ness, Dry Bowser and Giga Dry Bowser, Giga Bowser CSPs and BPs, Polar Bear Ice Climbers, Smash 3C Game and Watch, Holy War Marth, Wario Man Recolors and CSPs and BPs, Commander Lucas, Shogun Dedede, Ranger Ike and Armored Ike, Gi Lucario, Onset Toon Link, All the ROB alts, Pirate Wolf, Solid Snake, and all the Sonic Alts. Credit to Aghanim for the fixed files of Mario, Link, Yoshi, and Peach. Credit to the Smash 3 team for everything else.
I hope you guys enjoy this! Feel free to give feedback on this and let me know if there's any problems.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I was checking out the files and there are a few things you missed. One of the biggest is that you should change all the common\char_bust_tex files to CI8. PM has no problem with changing them to CI8 for the results screen - I don't even know why they made them CMPR. You also need to add the stock icons to STGRESULT.pac in stages\melee, and I think info.pac for the HUD. Also, in a gigantic oversight, DK still has his red tie on his Super Kong costume. Good job overall, though.

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
I was checking out the files and there are a few things you missed. One of the biggest is that you should change all the common\char_bust_tex files to CI8. PM has no problem with changing them to CI8 for the results screen - I don't even know why they made them CMPR. You also need to add the stock icons to STGRESULT.pac in stages\melee, and I think info.pac for the HUD. Also, in a gigantic oversight, DK still has his red tie on his Super Kong costume. Good job overall, though.
Oops! Sorry about that. I'll fix it right away. Thank you for telling me this.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for putting this together. Only thing missing is the HUD, is it possible to make the HUD compatible with 3.6?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Thanks for putting this together. Only thing missing is the HUD, is it possible to make the HUD compatible with 3.6?
I don't have a chance to try this right now, but do you mean that the BPs and stocks during a match are the PM ones and not the Smash 3 / 3C ones?

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
I don't have a chance to try this right now, but do you mean that the BPs and stocks during a match are the PM ones and not the Smash 3 / 3C ones?
The HUD is the Project M version. The BPs and stocks should be Smash3/3C for some characters. I'll try to find a way to get the Smash 3 HUD to work with 3.6b.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Personally I'm content with the PM HUD, but if you'd like to offer the Smash 3 version as well I'm sure people would like it.

Juken

Smash Ace
Nice pack, using it until 3.6 is out fully and it's released. Some things I've noticed though:
- The game for some reason loads much faster with these textures on Dolphin instead of being choppy for the firstcouple of matches (not a bad thing at all)
- Melee Fox alt uses the Star Fox 64 3D themed alt colors and CSPs instead of the actual Melee Fox.
- Some alt costumes have unique poses and some don't, like Jet Set Sonic, Gi Lucario, Ness (pretty petty, but just wanted to point it out).
- Doesn't include the Smash 3C Melee Falco
I've also personally replaced Jigglypuff and Kirby with their Smash 4 themed skins since the Smash 3 Jigglypuff looks somewhat outdated and has a messed up CSP on the fairy alt, and there is no released Smash 3 Kirby. I could send you the files to place into a build with the CSPs, BSPs, CSS, stock icons and all. Note that the Kirby doesn't have the copied move costumes changed though.

Also, is the ROB updated to the one that was released most recently on the second to last page of the Smash 3C thready? I can't tell.

Last edited:

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
Nice pack, using it until 3.6 is out fully and it's released. Some things I've noticed though:
- The game for some reason loads much faster with these textures on Dolphin instead of being choppy for the firstcouple of matches (not a bad thing at all)
- Melee Fox alt uses the Star Fox 64 3D themed alt colors and CSPs instead of the actual Melee Fox.
- Some alt costumes have unique poses and some don't, like Jet Set Sonic, Gi Lucario, Ness (pretty petty, but just wanted to point it out).
- Doesn't include the Smash 3C Melee Falco
I've also personally replaced Jigglypuff and Kirby with their Smash 4 themed skins since the Smash 3 Jigglypuff looks somewhat outdated and has a messed up CSP on the fairy alt, and there is no released Smash 3 Kirby. I could send you the files to place into a build with the CSPs, BSPs, CSS, stock icons and all. Note that the Kirby doesn't have the copied move costumes changed though.

Also, is the ROB updated to the one that was released most recently on the second to last page of the Smash 3C thready? I can't tell.
-That's good.
-Are you sure? I just checked the files and they seemed to be fine. Try downloading it again.
-Yeah, some characters like Holy War Marth, Melee Fox, OoT Link, Polar Bear Ice Climbers, and Mr. L don't have Smash 3 style poses. I had to use the ones including in the downloads.
-I'm waiting for Melee Falco to be fully updated and release before I add him in.

Now for ROB, I included the updates for Wii ROB and Virtual Boy ROB.

Juken

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Rman1228

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2582-9889-4722
This was a great idea. Thank you for putting this together. Now, just to see if this works over the newest 3.6!

Last edited:

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
This was a great idea. Thank you for putting this together. Now, just to see if this works over the newest 3.6!
I have to update it though. It's just for 3.6 Beta. I have been mostly busy with school so I couldn't get the chance to update it. I'm going to update it when I get the chance. Sorry about that.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
And - to those like me who are slightly bothered about this - for any characters that the Smash 3 guys have yet to add, I highly suggest AlGeorgeRomo's Melee remastered work. It may not quite be Smash 4 styled, but it's pretty close, closer than Brawl's desaturation.

I have to update it though. It's just for 3.6 Beta. I have been mostly busy with school so I couldn't get the chance to update it. I'm going to update it when I get the chance. Sorry about that.
You're a very good person, Dreamtastic.
Would you, by chance, be updating it with Cbliss at all?

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Really hoping this gets updated for 3.6 full, I love the Smash 3 textures!

Vaughm

Smash Rookie
You can put the Smash 3 HUD on this pack, just put PM 3.6 on the SD card then this pack on, and then the Smash 3 HUD.
I'm using the PM timer and non gradient, but you could try the other ones.

Note: the stock icons are the cpu grey smash 3 HUD stock icons for all players

Last edited:
Top Bottom