• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

browndunce

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafcruiser3280
It means that you don't have the correct brawl iso. It may be a scrubbed (incomplete) iso, corrupt, or the wrong revision. It will cause you to desync on Netplay since your iso differs from the norm most likely.
I restarted the process, and I got it to match. Something with the preparation of the ISO went wrong that one instance, my ISO is fine. Thanks, though!

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
So, how do I set Dolphin up for the first time? All I get is an error window saying that Windows doesn't know how to open the file.

Y-L

Smash Champion
So, how do I set Dolphin up for the first time? All I get is an error window saying that Windows doesn't know how to open the file.
What are you trying to open? The dolphin program? You have to extract the zip first. You don't run the game by double clicking the iso either. You open it in dolphin.

Narpas_sword

You mean the dolphin(version number blah).7Zip?

use this: http://www.7-zip.org/

problem solving 101:
When you have a file extension you dont know. google it.
When you're asking for help, be more descriptive.

Last edited:

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I was thinking of building a machine dedicated to PM.

But I was thinking of using an old to-be-gutted Gamecube Shell for the case and using a single-board computer for its innards.
I don't have a clue about understanding computer specs but this is provided in the product page:
Specifications listed for the SECOpITX-GX include:
  • Processor — choice of several AMD Embedded G-Series SoCs:
    • GX-420CA (4x Jaguar cores @ 2.0GHz); 25W TDP; Radeon HD8400E GPU @ 600MHz
    • GX-415GA (4x Jaguar cores @ 1.5GHz); 15W TDP; Radeon HD8330E GPU @ 500MHz
    • GX-217GA (2x Jaguar cores @ 1.65GHz; 9W TDP, Radeon HD8280E GPU @450MHz
    • GX-210HA (2x Jaguar cores @ 1.0GHz; 9W TDP, Radeon HD8210E GPU @300Mhz
    • GX-210JA (2x Jaguar cores @ 1.0GHz); 6W TDP, Radeon HD8180 GPU @ 225MHz
  • Memory — up to 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (1333MHz with GX-210HA )
  • Storage — MicroSD slot; 2x SATA connectors
  • Display:
    • HDMI port up to 1920 x 1200
    • VGA/CRT interface up to 2048 x 1536 (requires optional external adapter)
    • Choice of eDP DisplayPort (up to 2560 x 1600) or 18-bit, single-channel LVDS (up to 1920 x 1200 via external adapter) as factory option
  • Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
  • Other I/O:
    • 2x USB 3.0 ports
    • 4x USB 2.0 interfaces
    • Audio line-out, mic-in interfaces (HD audio codec)
    • Fan header connector
  • Expansion — half-size Mini-PCIe slot
  • Power — +12V DC jack ; RTC battery with lead cable and connector
  • Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
  • Dimensions — 100 x 72mm (3.9 x 2.8 in.); Pico-ITX form factor
  • Operating system — Linux; Windows 7/8/8.1/WES7
Do you think It'll run at 4players 60fps at 720p? Also what do you think if it'll fit on at least 2x Anti-Aliasing?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I was thinking of building a machine dedicated to PM.

But I was thinking of using an old to-be-gutted Gamecube Shell for the case and using a single-board computer for its innards.
I don't have a clue about understanding computer specs but this is provided in the product page:

Do you think It'll run at 4players 60fps at 720p? Also what do you think if it'll fit on at least 2x Anti-Aliasing?
No that build has no chance at running dolphin. That processor (the most important thing for dolphin) is absolute crap. It uses integrated graphics too which sucks. Do you have a budget? I could help you design a build. You should build your own ITX build. Building your own pc is always better than buying pre-built garbage. However I don't think you could fit a decent pc inside a gamecube shell. I do think you could design a gamecube theme though. You could embed a 4 port adapter into the case to make it look similar to a gc with a square shaped ITX case.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
No that build has no chance at running dolphin. That processor (the most important thing for dolphin) is absolute crap. It uses integrated graphics too which sucks. Do you have a budget? I could help you design a build. You should build your own ITX build. Building your own pc is always better than buying pre-built garbage. However I don't think you could fit a decent pc inside a gamecube shell. I do think you could design a gamecube theme though. You could embed a 4 port adapter into the case to make it look similar to a gc with a square shaped ITX case.
Thanks for the insight.
I see, the pico-form factor was my main focus since I really wanted it to fit the GC.
I've been trying to look for a similar ITX case but some of them come in too big of a size.

nicolasyama

Smash Rookie
When I click ''Launch Game'' on the Gecko it says: ''No SD Codes Found'' and opens the normal Super Smash Bros Brawl. What can I do to fix that?
Thanks.

Edit: Never mind already fixed.

Last edited:

Journal

Smash Apprentice
So this may be a dumb question, but how do I actually get the .py builder to run?

muleet

Smash Apprentice
Hi again Y-L, i have a question for you : what do you think of the 6554 version of Dolphin ? On smashladder it is written that we should "throw 652 in the garbage", do you know anything about it?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hi again Y-L, i have a question for you : what do you think of the 6554 version of Dolphin ? On smashladder it is written that we should "throw 652 in the garbage", do you know anything about it?
Yeah, you should use the new one, it's better in every way.

kodo

Smash Rookie
i was able to download the iso and it works and runs all completely fine but when i try to add it into dolphin, it recognizes the .iso as super smash brothers brawl, even though when it's launched it plays project: m, so when i try to do a netplay game it doesn't work since it says that i don't have project: m put into dolphin and we both need a copy of the game, i tried to delete the iso and redo it and then this time i got it to recognize it as project: m community, but it said it was only some 836 mb large and when i tried to launch it it said "Can't read from DVD_Plugin - DVD Interface: Fatal Error.", i tried to delete it and retry a bunch of other times and it just kept on recognizing it as ssbb again, also i'm using a mac

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I can't get 6554 to install on Linux Mint 17. The official package provided is missing a dependency:

Dependency is not satisfiable: libavcodec56 (>= 6:11~beta1)|libavcodec-extra-56 (>= 6:11.2)

Tried to see if I could fetch this elsewhere only to get stuck in a deeper dependency hell. Also tried just getting ffmpeg after hearing this is supposed to be in that, didn't help. Then tried to build it from source, only for it to complain about GCC 4.8 (even though I do have a 4.9 package installed). What now?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I can't get 6554 to install on Linux Mint 17. The official package provided is missing a dependency:

Dependency is not satisfiable: libavcodec56 (>= 6:11~beta1)|libavcodec-extra-56 (>= 6:11.2)

Tried to see if I could fetch this elsewhere only to get stuck in a deeper dependency hell. Also tried just getting ffmpeg after hearing this is supposed to be in that, didn't help. Then tried to build it from source, only for it to complain about GCC 4.8 (even though I do have a 4.9 package installed). What now?
Try messaging Doppler12 on smashladder, he's pretty knowledgeable about linux stuff.

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Wait, the build you suggested doesn't follow the tutorial? Wasn't it 652 that used to be there?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So how does one get it working through this build then?
It's exactly the same thing. The only difference is if you want to play melee you have to turn off memory cards. Instead of right clicking a game to host, you have to go to tools->start netplay.

Quintessence

Smash Rookie
So I have noticed a issue with Dolphin on my end, when I am using the mayflash adapter and C-Sticking it doesn't always seem to register the flick or input from C-stick. Is there a way to fix this?

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
So I'm trying to use my Gamecube adapter on Dolphin, but when I boot up Project M, it won't recognize my button inputs and the "Direct Connect" option under the Controller tab on Dolphin gets blanked out. Help?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I'm trying to use my Gamecube adapter on Dolphin, but when I boot up Project M, it won't recognize my button inputs and the "Direct Connect" option under the Controller tab on Dolphin gets blanked out. Help?
It's supposed to be grayed out while the game is running. Do you have two instances or dolphin open? That will make it not work.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I think Samus and Roy's SFX might be messed up. Roy doesn't say anything, and Samus' up-b doesn't make noise when used. Any electric sounds are loud and linger for too long as well.

This could be because I loaded the game through Gecko, however, so it would need to be tested on an ISO.

Top Bottom