• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Beastmanlogan

Smash Rookie
When I try to start netplay I get an error message from dolphin that says Invalid Read from to 0X10fd909e, PC = 80004374. Any idea what may be the issue here?

Beastmanlogan

Smash Rookie
Graphics Nvidia GTX 760
Processor is Intel I5 quad core

the Iso I got from a friend who has his project M running online the version is 3.5 and I have the latest version of dolphin. The Md5 in the directory he sent me says winmd5free. Not sure if that means anything

Y-L

Smash Champion
Graphics Nvidia GTX 760
Processor is Intel I5 quad core

the Iso I got from a friend who has his project M running online the version is 3.5 and I have the latest version of dolphin. The Md5 in the directory he sent me says winmd5free. Not sure if that means anything
Run winmd5 on the iso..

MrTurner

Smash Rookie
NNID
imnotonfire
3DS FC
4339-2611-0575
So im trying to get a gaming laptop, and based on the recommended settings in the OP is there anything you would recommend?
Recommended Specifications (4 player, 720p/60 FPS):

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom X4 955
Memory: 4 GB DDR3
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" 64-bit

Imfastsometimes

Smash Rookie
So I've had PM set up on Dolphin for awhile now on my Mac and I've been playing it fine, but recently I had to switch my OS from Mavericks to Yosemite due to some computer issues. Now for some reason whenever I try to open up a game with Dolphin (it doesn't just happen with PM but with Melee, too) it crashes on me. Anyone know what to do?

se7en

Smash Rookie
not sure if anyone did this yet but here's an ini file for the optimal settings mentioned in the OP. afaik only thing you need to change is the GFXBackend option (D3D for ATI, OGL for Nvidia) and remove the # from that option. you also need to manually enable Vertex Streaming Hack as there's no ini config option that i know of

this should be placed in

Dolphin\Sys\GameSettings

with the names RSBEC3.ini (if that doesn't work try RSBE01.ini )

if anyone finds any problems please tell me!

Code:
# RSBEC3 - Project M 3.5 Netplay

[Core]
# Values set here will override the main Dolphin settings.
CPUThread = True
SkipIdle = True
CPUCore = 1
DSPHLE = True
# GFXBackend = D3D/OGL
ProgressiveScan = False

[DSP]
Backend = XAudio2

[EmuState]
# The Emulation State. 1 is worst, 5 is best, 0 is not set.
EmulationStateId = 4
EmulationIssues = Classic mode score report needs real xfb. Nes masterpieces and ingame screnshots need efb to ram, STC is needed too for masterpieces.

[OnLoad]
# Add memory patches to be loaded once on boot here.

[OnFrame]
# Add memory patches to be applied every frame here.

[ActionReplay]
# Add action replay cheats here.

[Controls]
WiimoteSource0 = 0
WiimoteSource1 = 0
WiimoteSource2 = 0
WiimoteSource3 = 0
WiimoteSourceBB = 0

[Video_Settings]
AspectRatio = 1
EnablePixelLighting = False
DisableFog = False
EFBScale = 2
SafeTextureCacheColorSamples = 128
UseXFB = False
DstAlphaPass = False
EnableOpenCL = False
OMPDecoder = True
FastDepthCalc = True

[Video_Enhancements]
MaxAnisotropy = 4
ForceFiltering = False
wideScreenHack = False
MSAA = 0

[Video_Hacks]
EFBScaledCopy = True
EFBAccessEnable = False
EFBEmulateFormatChanges = False
EFBToTextureEnable = True
DlistCachingEnable = True

Last edited:

SmashBasher

Smash Rookie
I am haveing troubles with this i put the brawl iso into the same folder as the iso builder and i run it i choose to install the project m iso and full set and custom banner and i confirm and it says could not find it help?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I am haveing troubles with this i put the brawl iso into the same folder as the iso builder and i run it i choose to install the project m iso and full set and custom banner and i confirm and it says could not find it help?
If it cant find any files then your brawl iso is bad.

Slip_

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am new to the competitive scene in smash and am trying to get netplay to work unfortunately when I run the .bat file the project M iso does not appear. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

~Slip

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hi, I am new to the competitive scene in smash and am trying to get netplay to work unfortunately when I run the .bat file the project M iso does not appear. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

~Slip
Run as administrator, make sure you have enough hard drive space, otherwise you might have a bad brawl iso.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
So I'm not planning on using netplay, but I do plan on running pm on Dolphin. I have some questions.

To make a dolphin save do I just press create save file when I start it up? Or will it crash if I do that?

I'm planning on transferring some replays to my computer and opening them up through Dolphin. Will I be able to use the sd card function with the pm iso?

And will the replays work on dolphin?

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
My friend just got PM on dolphin, but when he tries to open PM it crashes. no error message just a black screen and frozen. Brawl starts up fine. he followed this guide and he isnt dumb so im thinking it is the brawl ISO just want a second opinion.

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I'm not planning on using netplay, but I do plan on running pm on Dolphin. I have some questions.

To make a dolphin save do I just press create save file when I start it up? Or will it crash if I do that?

I'm planning on transferring some replays to my computer and opening them up through Dolphin. Will I be able to use the sd card function with the pm iso?

And will the replays work on dolphin?
To make a save file, you cannot use the DC netplay build (4.0-652) because saving is disabled, download the latest dev build (4.0-xxxx, don't get the stable build because it's old, buggy, and slow).

To view your replays on Dolphin, I suggest you don't make an injected iso but use a virtual SD card. I think with the virtual SD card they'll work but I haven't tried it. It would work also with the iso if you put the replay in the build files, but remaking an iso for adding new replays would be a pain. An injected iso is always better than the virtual SD card unless you plan on changing the game files (testing codes, mods, skins, viewing replays).

My friend just got PM on dolphin, but when he tries to open PM it crashes. no error message just a black screen and frozen. Brawl starts up fine. he followed this guide and he isnt dumb so im thinking it is the brawl ISO just want a second opinion.
Well did he get the right md5? If not it's the Brawl iso.

Last edited:

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
md5? how can i check?

edit: like which file do i check?

Edit2: to save time for instance my Brawl thing i got was : 51ea75cc020dee6eaaa6b359195c0a02
and my PM thing i got is: 658a8d8853e5213955020fc8bd153339

and its supposed to be 4b4e034a9b984aed663f00cc155c18cd according to your guide but ive had no problems?

edit 3: Y-L your a saint to go through this forum and help people with this, really hats off to you fellow

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
md5? how can i check?

edit: like which file do i check?

Edit2: to save time for instance my Brawl thing i got was : 51ea75cc020dee6eaaa6b359195c0a02
and my PM thing i got is: 658a8d8853e5213955020fc8bd153339

and its supposed to be 4b4e034a9b984aed663f00cc155c18cd according to your guide but ive had no problems?

edit 3: Y-L your a saint to go through this forum and help people with this, really hats off to you fellow
If the md5 is wrong you might desync or be corrupt (crash the game) however some people have success with the wrong md5 because they have a different revision of ntsc brawl which can work those versions are just rare. If you do encounter issues it's the Brawl iso.

SorbP

Smash Rookie
EDIT: i think i used the wrong isobuilder, trying again.

Hello Guys!

This is my first post here, so bear with me.

I've tried buidlign this project M 3.5 iso with netplay following this guide and i'm running in to some problems.

The problem is that when i run the makeiso.bat that i downloaded from the link at the top, it gives me alot of options, about 4 choices i have to make regarding what to put in the ISO. I went for what i assumed was the "full install"

But it hit me that this might not be the correct way to make a netplay-compatible ISO. What hit me was that in-game items are on by default, if i turn them off it plays like my 3.02 iso that i got of a friend who had already compiled it.

So my question is what options should i choose when i run the makeiso.bat file?

The iso i have now is named "SSBB Project M Full_RSBEPM_R-sav.iso" with an MD5 of dbb74f482488030fdad906456d55ceb7

Last edited:

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
The Wi-Fi safe set does not have Stock Control or Stage Striking (I'm not exactly sure what button strikes stages on the Stage Select screen, yet). Hmm... I appear to have a different ISO builder, where the bat file is called "Build_ISO v3.5.bat".

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
The Wi-Fi safe set does not have Stock Control or Stage Striking (I'm not exactly sure what button strikes stages on the Stage Select screen, yet). Hmm... I appear to have a different ISO builder, where the bat file is called "Build_ISO v3.5.bat".
You shouldn't have the WiFi set at all? Netplay is not WiFi. You just use the iso builder in the download.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
I am new to project m on pc, I tried to use the "Build ISO v3.5.bat" program, but all it does is makes a folder and then deletes after showing "All Done! press any key to continue" any way to fix this. I tried using a 5.15gb PAL brawl ISO

Y-L

Smash Champion
I am new to project m on pc, I tried to use the "Build ISO v3.5.bat" program, but all it does is makes a folder and then deletes after showing "All Done! press any key to continue" any way to fix this. I tried using a 5.15gb PAL brawl ISO
PAL doesn't even work for PM on a wii.. you need ntsc.

Son Rolo

Smash Rookie
So im trying to get a gaming laptop, and based on the recommended settings in the OP is there anything you would recommend?
If you want a laptop for Smash PM all it needs is a dedicated video card of some sort and an intel processor that can reach a clock speed of 2.9GHz (either base or with boost)
Maybe an AMD processor of similar clock speed can do the same but in that case i couldn't tell you from experience.

My laptop has gt520m graphics and intel i5 2.3GHz up to 2.9 with boost. It runs PM full speed 4 players in high performance mode.

Y-L

Smash Champion
anything under $1000 I can do
If you want a laptop for Smash PM all it needs is a dedicated video card of some sort and an intel processor that can reach a clock speed of 2.9GHz (either base or with boost)
Maybe an AMD processor of similar clock speed can do the same but in that case i couldn't tell you from experience.

My laptop has gt520m graphics and intel i5 2.3GHz up to 2.9 with boost. It runs PM full speed 4 players in high performance mode.
Most AMD laptop CPUs will not run dolphin at all, shoot for a 4th gen i5/i7 CPU that has M/MQ/HQ at the end (i.e. i7 4900MQ). Don't get anything with a U, Y or T at the end (ultra low power). The graphics wont really matter, it'll probably make you overheat faster. The integrated graphics on 4th gen cpus will be fine for 2x IR.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
So I loaded up everything, got a clean checksum using the program and started up Project M on Dolphin 4.0-652.

IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH

I get this error after going saying no to creating a save file.

Also, is there a way to get netplay + Official Gamecube adapter support while having 3.5 be playable?

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Hi, sorry to bother, but when I open netplay with PM, I am not given a code. Ever, even when hosting. What do I do?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I loaded up everything, got a clean checksum using the program and started up Project M on Dolphin 4.0-652.

IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH

I get this error after going saying no to creating a save file.

Also, is there a way to get netplay + Official Gamecube adapter support while having 3.5 be playable?
Are you pressing return to wii menu after saying no? you don't want to do that.

Native support isn't working with netplay yet but it's being worked on.

Hi, sorry to bother, but when I open netplay with PM, I am not given a code. Ever, even when hosting. What do I do?
Are you using 652? What does it say where the code should be?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I got the same md5 from the first post.

If it helps any, after I get the PM ISO my SSBB ISO also fails to start.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I got the same md5 from the first post.

If it helps any, after I get the PM ISO my SSBB ISO also fails to start.
Hmm.. are you sure you're picking continue without saving? Pressing B twice will make an error as well as pressing return to wii menu.

Top Bottom