• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 (Dolphin) - The Subspace Emissary - Bugs Report

Atoku

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I'm sorry for grammar because English was not my mother tongue. But I will be sure what I will write will be understandable for you.

So the first thing I have make when Project M 3.5 was released, To make the Subspace Emissary...but I'm stuck in the game...so I have make search in the forum and since there is no thread about that, I thought it will be a great idea to make one to report all the bug for the Subspace Emissary.

Atoku

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I play with Dolphin Emulator,

It would be interesting to know if the same bug also occur on console.

Progress of my Subspace Emissary : 90%

1) Bugs with the Pokemon Trainer

Levels concerned :

- The Ruined Zoo
- The path to the Ruins
- The Ruins
- The Ruined Hall
- The Great Maze

Seems like it happens any time you need to choose pokemon trainer
actually pokemon trainer is pretty much destroyed in subspace >.> they made note of it on the official PM site. particularly squirtle can cause crashes. i believe its because the files for subspace and the ones for matches are very inconsistant.some files seem to be shared while others do not. mewtwo over trainer i think is purely cosmetic tho. it shouldn't have an effect on the game they just used his cosmetic data for mewtwo iirc. think the biggest thing that breaks them is that they completely seperated the pokemon. more then just a CSS slot they recoded them to make them each a seperate character via REL files (so there is more filesize i believe) tho while it works in standard brawl. the files for subspace are different so you only get half of the edits working.
Screenshots :

2) Galleom

Levels concerned :

- The Wilds (PART I)
- The Ruined Hall

When the Devs add Mewtwo in project M I think they have use the sound of Galleom and replacing them with those of Mewtwo...It's not really a bug but I'm going to add it to the list. x)

3) Duon

Levels concerned :

- Battleship Halberd Bridge
- The Great Maze

Same as Galleom, this boss is a big fan of Roy.

4) The Great Maze

- The Pokemon Trainer (Again !)

In the Great Maze we can only choose the Pokemon Trainer and not the three starter and I got the same error message If I choose the Pokemon Trainer

Another error message with the Pokemon Trainer here : To face the last boss must face all the evil enemies including The Pokemon trainer.

- The Ice Climbers

I have a crash when I have to fight vs the Ice Climbers. I have try with different version of Dolphin and I have changed some option, I don't know why I have that error message.

Last edited:

Atoku

Smash Rookie
Oh...So...If I download this ISO builder ? I will try that and see if that solves the bug x)

EDIT : Does not work, but I found a youtube video I think they play in console but for to them, it works... (But not at the end of the video x) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn455cguG8A#t=3032

Okay I have make something great to....Dodge the bug x)

On Dolphin I have 2 Smash Bros.

-Project M 3.5
-Smash Bros Brawl

So I reversed the backup files of the game. And I have make the level with the Vanilla Game, and after I handed the files to their original place.

Last edited:

Atoku

Smash Rookie
Same bug in "The path to the Ruins"

I'm going to note any bugs / crashes that can help later.

Last edited:

Atoku

Smash Rookie
Yep, I will try to finish the solo 100%. I don't know if the bug also occurs on console.

But I think it will be a good idea to reintroducing the pokemon trainer only for the Subspace Emissary. I don't know if it's possible, but not changing the "B down" for Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard but use the taunt stick for switche therebetween.

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

I'm sorry for grammar because English was not my mother tongue. But I will be sure what I will write will be understandable for you.

So the first thing I have make when Project M 3.5 was released, To make the Subspace Emissary...but I'm stuck in the game...so I have make search in the forum and since there is no thread about that, I thought it will be a great idea to make one to report all the bug for the Subspace Emissary.
actually pokemon trainer is pretty much destroyed in subspace >.> they made note of it on the official PM site. particularly squirtle can cause crashes. i believe its because the files for subspace and the ones for matches are very inconsistant.some files seem to be shared while others do not. mewtwo over trainer i think is purely cosmetic tho. it shouldn't have an effect on the game they just used his cosmetic data for mewtwo iirc. think the biggest thing that breaks them is that they completely seperated the pokemon. more then just a CSS slot they recoded them to make them each a seperate character via REL files (so there is more filesize i believe) tho while it works in standard brawl. the files for subspace are different so you only get half of the edits working.

Atoku

Smash Rookie
Hello, I have a question if a developer of Project M goes through here and can read my question. I have not much time for me for the next days, so I want to know if this thread will help or not, If this is not the case, it is useless for me to finish the single player mode.

(Knowing that I do not know if the bugs that I find on Dolphin back on console)

Have a nice day :3

Last edited:

cetygamer

Smash Rookie
I can confirm that this problem (selecting either Lucas or Pokemon Trainer) also appears on console. Tested on modified iso and Homebrew installation.

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
^ this..... btw the is the PM blog down? o.o i tried linking to the post and it gave me an error. but summerizing...

the PMBR SPECIFICALLY SAID on the release of 3.5, that PT (squirtle especially) and a few other characters were broken in subspace and the game would freeze. the only thing they fixed was subspace will not corrupt your save file anymore. it still is not possible to complete it with PM.

Last edited:

omega941

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-6132-4625
I haven't had any trouble with the Pokemon trainer at all in the last 3 days I've been playing SSE. The only thing that's been an issue for me is the Ice Climbers fight in The Great Maze. I checked the change-log at PM which said that starting a "regular match" would fix the issue but i just got done playing like 5 matches and went back and went through the door again i got the beep of death. I'm using the console BTW

Last edited:

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
2) Galleom

Levels concerned :

- The Wilds (PART I)
- The Ruined Hall

When the Devs add Mewtwo in project M I think they have use the sound of Galleom and replacing them with those of Mewtwo...It's not really a bug but I'm going to add it to the list. x)

3) Duon

Levels concerned :

- Battleship Halberd Bridge
- The Great Maze

Same as Galleom, this boss is a big fan of Roy.

Both of those aren't bugs, they take theirs files and add Mewtwo and Roy's instead, basically

Top Bottom